Jack's Steak House
4868 New Broad Street
Orlando, FL 32814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Jack's Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jacksorlando.com/
- Phone: 4078962688
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Lacey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Available upon request contract required
- Private Party Facilities: Available upon request contract required.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Lacey 4078962688
- Entertainment: Thursday nights live acoustic guitar and vocalist playing feel good reggae pop mix, with a laid back atmosphere. Friday nights Jazz duo featuring saxophone and guitarist playing top 40 jazz twist Saturday nights we feature live guitarist and keyboardist playing southern rock with a blues feel.
A word from Jack's Steak House
Jack's Steak House features an all new food & Wine menu boasting only the finest steaks and greatest seafood dishes; Maine lobster and macadamian crusted grouper. Treat yourself to a unique appetizer at Jack's like shrimp & grits or the Lobster Macaroni, then try one of Jack's Big Boys, the 22oz USDA " Cowboy" Ribeye. You wont leave hungry and you will want to come TO relive the experience! Jack's Steakhouse also features ladies night on Thursday with $3 three olive vodka flavors, Bacardi flavors and complimentary champagne for the ladies. You'll love live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday featuring the most talented local musicians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack's Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Even though they were outKathyTDined on 4/21/2012Even though they were out of the dessert that I really wanted, we had an enjoyable dining experience here again.Special Features:
- We will never go back here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012We will never go back here. OR recommend. We live in Baldwin park and can certainly afford good restaurants. This one is not in that category. It is a glorified watering hole.
- I take a lot of customersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2012I take a lot of customers to Jack's and have never been Disappointed. Food is great, service outstanding and prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Love it usually just not forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2012Love it usually just not for brunch!! Good bloody Mary though :)Special Features:
- The food was excellent! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2012The food was excellent! The staff was excellent! We couldn't have asked for a better experience!Special Features:
- Second Visit ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012My wife and I had a relaxing dinner. This was our second visit and have been happy with the food and service both times. I would recommend Jack's to anyone looking for a good steak in a laid back environment.
- Though I've dined at Jack'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2012Though I've dined at Jack's many times, it was the first time for three of my friends. I knew I'd made a good choice. My friends were very impressed. The starters, entrees and the homemade sangria made it a special evening. We all will return!Special Features:
- An excellent steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2012Our evening out at Jack's Steak House was wonderful. Nice music, very friendly server, and the food was great. The only thing I would say that could be approved on is the time it took for our meal to get to our table. It seem that we waited a very long time. Our server really helped filled that void by her friendly personality. Jack's Steak House is the one I will refer all my family and friends that come in town to visit.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2012Very good meal with great service. The meal was excellent and dessert was Awesome. Will try this place again.Special Features:
- Jack's has the best lobsterNewfavoritefrencheateryDined on 2/18/2012Jack's has the best lobster bisque in town. The food is as good as when I first tried it a couple of years ago. It's definitely one of our favorites when looking for a good meal.Special Features:
- Service was excellent, foodjobremiDined on 2/18/2012Service was excellent, food was very good. All was great except the sweet potatoe mashed potatoes were a little too sweet but otherwise a great experience! WIll definitely go back!Special Features:
- Open space, no separationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Open space, no separation of dining room and bar. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- This was our second trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012This was our second trip to Jacks, the food was very good service excellent. The kitchen opens to the bar which is interesting however it also provides alot of noise. They have ample out door seating availible which looked good.Special Features:
- The Braised short ribs andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012The Braised short ribs and Scallops were phenomenal! My wife had the rack of lamb and it was cooked to perfection. Mark was our waiter, I would suggest asking for him when you make your reservation. Reasonable prices but of course I go the extra mile to enjoy a nice bottle of wine with dinner. All in all a great experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- The Tuna was supposed to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012The Tuna was supposed to be served on wasabi potatoes, which came and were colder than room temp, sent them back and the tuna was moved on to hot regular mashed potatoes. Tuna has little to no flavor, but it appeared to be fresh. Also the filet oscar was order meduim rare and came medium or a little better. But the meat was excellent even over cooked. For close to 100 dollars will not be going back, much better places with much better food to spend that much money.
- Took a group if 14 out-of-townersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2012Took a group if 14 out-of-towners for a nice dinner and social gathering. Everyone enjoyed Jack's and the food was great.Special Features:
- We were amazed at the qualityCyndiDined on 1/3/2012We were amazed at the quality of the food -- especially given the reasonable prices. Wwe had three in our party -- two ordered beef 3 days ago that they still rave about and my lamb all but melted in my mouth! The portions were very generous -- in fact I needed help from my husband and son to finish all the lamb I was given. The server, Mark, was excellent -- while we saw many familiar wines at attractive prices on the list, we wanted to experiment a little -- when we explained what we liked and two between which we were torn, he knowledgeably recommended a fabulous bottle. Since then we've been telling everyone we met what a great treasue they have in their neighborhood -- truly a diamond among gems!Special Features:
- Some of the best food I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/3/2011Some of the best food I have ever had!! Amazing staff !!Special Features:
- Service by Chadd was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2011Service by Chadd was excellent, food was also very good.Special Features:
- The food was okay, but itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2011The food was okay, but it is not an atmosphere for a special occasion. The food was very pricey.Special Features:
- The lobster Bisque was tooOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/4/2011The lobster Bisque was too salty. The wedge salad was awful. I've had this salad at other restaurants and it should come with realy bacon bits and blue cheese dressing from scratch. Jack's wedge salad portion was small, the bacon bits were fake and the blue cheese dressing tasted store bought. They advertised a 4 oz. Fillet on the kids menu with truffle fries. I ordered it because I wasn't really that hungry after the lobster bisque and wedge salad but wanted to eat with the rest of my party. I am not sure what cut of meat they serve to unsuspecting children but that was no filet mingon. The cut of mystery meat was overcooked and lacked flavor. The fries were awful. No sign of truffle oil. I could have made better fries with my fry daddy.
- Beautiful setting downtownPIckyEatersDined on 10/21/2011Beautiful setting downtown - if you're coming from the Disney area, be sure to allow for at least an HOUR's drive in prime time - it's worth the drive. Didn't care for the loud music inside but the weather was just perfect for outdoor dining. Beef cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- The most amazing Mahi i haveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2011The most amazing Mahi i have ever had over sweet mashed potatosSpecial Features:
- The Tuna Tartar appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2011The Tuna Tartar appetizer was exceptional but the Mahi Mahi was a little dry although that is some what to be expected with grilled fish. I thought the service was GREAT as our server was attentive but never over bearing. I very much look forward to our next meal and hope to try one of the steak specials.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2011Fantastic food, service and ambiance. We travel to Orlando from Miami only occasionally and this was our second visit to Jack's. Great food, service and ambiance. We will go there again and again.Special Features:
- Been to Jack's many times,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2011Been to Jack's many times, one of the more disappointing experiences. Waitress could not wait to get rid of us, not the usual service we've come to expect. Dinner was good but not the spectacular we have come to expect. I'll come back because everyone has a bad day.
- Good service, poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2011We had a very good, polite waiter. We ordered lamb, cooked to "medium" and it came out rare. We did not send it back for more cooking, but should have. The dish was a supposed specialty but was not "special" in any way.
- Any Night Jacks has you coverdOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2011Hostess was very helpful and prepared for exactly whyat we asked for. The cuisine is very accomidating from something for the kids or an intimate evening out with the significant other.Attire is flexible, casual or dressed up. I recommend the scallops in any form, and the ribeye options are phenomenal. Fairly priced and worth the trip.Special Features:
- Had a great dinner and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2011Had a great dinner and great time at Jack's. Food was really good. It was my husband's birthday and he wanted to go out for a nice steak and we were not disappointed. Fair prices, nice menu selection, good service, and a really enjoyable singer was entertaining on this Friday night. Great song selection and not too loud. The dining room, however, has a noise level that makes it a little less than romantic. Good outdoor dining area....a little too warm for us this night, though would opt for it when the weather gets cooler.Special Features:
- I was a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2011I was a little disappointed with their "legendary" brunch menu, on which I only found one thing that was actually appealing. However, their regular lunch menu looked delicious. I'd have liked more salad or sandwich options.
- Bad Experience - No Veggie OptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2011We ordered the brie, which was delicious, but it came with flatbread that was tasteless and stale. There are no vegetarian options on the menu at all. I ultimately ended up ordering a side of vegetables and a baked potato, along with a ceaser salad. The salad was drenched in dressing to make it unpalatable. The chef decided to come up with something veggie for me, but served me gnocchi with vegetables and BACON. I sent it back to just get what I ordered, and it came back again with gnocchi which were incredibly bland. The vegetables were also bland and tasted like they had been cooked in oil. Then, when the bill came, it was also incorrect. But, I'm out of space. This is not the restaurant that you want to go to in Orlando.
- Not so good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2011When I was there it seemed that the restaurant down the street was sharing their kitchen. We both ordered the steakburger which we had before and was amazing. This time it tasted like a regular ground chuck burger. Which may have been a burger the other restaurant was serving and got switched with our burger. Coke was flat and waitress disappeared half way through dinner and a gentleman had to take over. Every other time we have been everything was great I think it was just one of those bad nights for them.Special Features:
- The best filet mignon I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2011The best filet mignon I have ever had in a restaraunt. Truly a world class restaraunt. The french onion soup was awesome.Special Features:
- Food and service outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2011Food and service outstanding as always:-)Reasonable price for amount of food served.Special Features:
- First time dining at JacksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011First time dining at Jacks and my girlfriend and i will definatly be back. We had a wonderful dinner and drinks. I liked the diversity of the menu and drinks. We will be back.Special Features:
- The chairs were uncomfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/20/2011The chairs were uncomfortable inside, they had live music but it was so loud we couldn't hear each other without yelling, and then the food was nothing special. Definitely never going back.
- While the menu at Jack's isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2011While the menu at Jack's is very appealing the taste was not delivered in the product. Pricing is similar to the more well known, high-end steakhouses but the food is not on par.
- We sat outside so that ourItsJustMeDined on 5/7/2011We sat outside so that our 1 year old son could play in the open courtyard area right next to the restaurant. That worked out well. But, the food wasn't as good as I had hoped. The callamari was tough, the mahi mahi was way too salty, and the ribeye was not the best cut of meat - a little too gristly. I've eaten at Jack's before, though, and I still intend to go back.
- This was a very good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2011This was a very good place to eat. It had a great dining atmosphere and was very clean. The food was delicious and the staff was excellent. We will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- 1-great, 2-good, 3-uh ohOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/12/20113rd trip to Jack's. Excellent bleu-cheese spinach salad. Lamb unique and tasty. Ordered 14 oz. "cowgirl" ribeye med-rare. Received medium cooked steak with none of the characteristic ribeye marbling, suspiciously like New York Strip. Good taste, not on par with the DelFrisco-Flemings-Ruths Chris-Mortons offerings. Service pleasant, but notable interminable absences, a $5 disagreement over the price of a supposedly reduced price "split" salad with entree, and a 20% tip automatically added puts Jacks on a "we won't hurry back" list.