Jack's Steak House
4868 New Broad Street
Orlando, FL 32814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Jack's Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jacksorlando.com/
- Phone: 4078962688
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Lacey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Available upon request contract required
- Private Party Facilities: Available upon request contract required.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Lacey 4078962688
- Entertainment: Thursday nights live acoustic guitar and vocalist playing feel good reggae pop mix, with a laid back atmosphere. Friday nights Jazz duo featuring saxophone and guitarist playing top 40 jazz twist Saturday nights we feature live guitarist and keyboardist playing southern rock with a blues feel.
A word from Jack's Steak House
Jack's Steak House features an all new food & Wine menu boasting only the finest steaks and greatest seafood dishes; Maine lobster and macadamian crusted grouper. Treat yourself to a unique appetizer at Jack's like shrimp & grits or the Lobster Macaroni, then try one of Jack's Big Boys, the 22oz USDA " Cowboy" Ribeye. You wont leave hungry and you will want to come TO relive the experience! Jack's Steakhouse also features ladies night on Thursday with $3 three olive vodka flavors, Bacardi flavors and complimentary champagne for the ladies. You'll love live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday featuring the most talented local musicians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack's Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- We were unimpressed with Jack's.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We were unimpressed with Jack's. The steaks were just so-so. We ordered the cowboy and cowgirl cut ribeye, there was not much flavor. The service seemed like an effort. We sat for a little while before anyone even came by the table. Very impersonal waitress. For the $150.00 we spent, I would have enjoyed Outback just as well.Special Features:
- Nice cozy Vakwntine's DaySpamelaVIPDined on 2/14/2013Nice cozy Vakwntine's Day dinner. Steaks were a little charred but still well seasoned. Guitar player added mood. Nice evening.Special Features:
- Yummy food and excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013We purchased a deal on Living Social, which is how we found out about this restaurant. Otherwise, we would have never known it existed. It's tucked away in Baldwin Park, just a short distance off of Colonial Blvd. It was a bit pricey but with the Living Social deal, we thought it was well worth the money. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was fantastic! The noise level was a bit louder than we would have liked but it wasn't unbearable. They do have an outdoor patio but we chose to sit inside. The crab rangoon artichoke dip appetizer was fabulous. And the bread that they served was incredible! We were very pleased with our experience at Jack's! If we can score another deal we'd definitely return!Special Features:
- Noisy, KC strip was bland.BuffVIPDined on 2/8/2013Noisy, KC strip was bland. Fish portion very small. Not a great value. The owner was out of town and you could tell. Out of lamb chops and something else which I do not recall right now. The waiter was very nice and funny. I'm sure its a nice place when running on all cylinders, but it wasn't when my party of 6 was there.
- We ordered two filets andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2013We ordered two filets and short ribs and had to send it all back. The filets were a very poor cut and they had absolutely no flavor. The short ribs were served over rice that tasted like it had been sitting in a refrigerator for a very long time. The ribs were very dry and didn't have any flavor. The manager was very nice and didn't charge us. The server mentioned the chef was on vacation so it could of been a bad night to go. I wont go back. The outdoors seating area was nice.
- Don't get the short rib! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Don't get the short rib! The flavor of the rice was not good. sangria not impressive.steak well cooked, but lacked flavorSpecial Features:
- My Steaks were burnt and theFoodieDined on 1/18/2013My Steaks were burnt and the service was poor. I ordered Calimari, ceasar salad and soup along with my main course. The waitress brought all the items out at the same time so i had to decide which item I wanted to start with so either the soup or calimari was going to get cold. I ordered my rib-eye steak medium and the entire outside was burnt charcoal black. The only good thing was the fries. I got the bananas foster for dessert and it tasted like a banana split with hot fudge. The food was poor for its value and the service was just as bad.
- Great Steaks & in-depth menuSwm4162VIPDined on 1/12/2013Tonight we ate here for the first time.Luke was our server. The steaks were ok (they are USDA Choice not Prime) but their char-grilled flavor was good. The Au Gratin potatoes were akin to home fries with a really good cheese on them which was uniquely very good. The Bananas Foster Ala Mode was sinfully delicious. We're use to eating at high-end steakhouses so we're a bit spoiled. Although Jack's Steaks really didn't compare to a Del Frisco's or Flemings, they're not suppose to (they also don't cost as much either). However, for what they are, they were none the less quite delicious. Their menu is deep and we plan on going back soon. Luke was superb and we wanted for nothingSpecial Features:
- Helped to make our New Year's Eve!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Jacks Steakhouse is a good restaurant in a nice area away from the traffic and crowds around Orlando. Great location. The entertainment was very good and enjoyable. Drinks were good and average priced. The food was good and cooked to order. We were a group of 8 and one of of party did receive his steak about 10 mins. after the rest of us had due to his was over cooked and needed to be recooked. The waiter was nice about it but this is never good when all food is not served to all. We would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- We keep coming for the steaks!SpamelaVIPDined on 12/31/2012We have been to Jack's 3 times in the past. We really enjoyed each visit; service, food, atmosphere. Love it!Special Features:
- Food was good as always onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/31/2012Food was good as always only complaint was the tablet guy was to far away should of asked for a different table because there were some empty ones. Table was not good for a romantic or special dinnerSpecial Features:
- Fabulous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Definitely will return!!! Food was delicious & prepared exactlly as requested. SaGreat atmosphere. . Reasonable prices. Luke provided great service!Special Features:
- Jacked Up SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2012The space was small and open so it got a little noisy. The service at Jack's was slow and unattentive. I had the Hawaiian ribeye and my gf had the Jack's filet, both of which were overcooked and charred to a crisp. The Hawaiian glaze was more of a thin sauce that could't be tasted on the steak but instead on the hash underneath. We had to ask for salt and pepper because the potatoes and steaks were not seasoned well. The best items were the brussel sprouts hash and the complimentary bread, but neither worth a revisit.
- Great place..went there withGoldenbearVIPDined on 11/7/2012Great place..went there with a friend that lives in the area for dinner and this was my return visit since I had such a good experience the first time and I was not disappointed on this visit either!Special Features:
- Appetizers were great (BeefOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Appetizers were great (Beef Carpaccio and Seared Ahi). Dinner arrived, we ordered 2 ribeyes. One 16oz and a 22oz. The small one my girlfriend ordered was at least 20% larger than my (cowboy) cut. I ordered mine Pittsburgh style and it arrived beyond well done. I'm not really sure how this thing made it to the table. We each ordered a baked potato and ended up with mashed mixed with cheese. They were out of baked potatoes but said they were on the way. We never saw them. The manager did bring another steak which was perfect and bought us a round of drinks. This wasn't the experience I expected for a 125 dollar dinner for 2. When you charge that much, get the steak right before it hits the table and for gods sake Have enough potatoSpecial Features:
- While the food was great theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2012While the food was great the wait staff was inadequate and they were very slow to respond to requests
- Every time it is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012I've been to Jack's a few times and it has never disappointed me. Upscale feel in a beautiful area of Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Gem in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012One of the best steaks that I have eaten in Orlando. The crab cakes were excellent. I loved the service. A nice gem for the Orlando area!Special Features:
- Not the usual good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012I've been to Jack's a number of times so this is hard to write. I usually have an extraordinary experience there, but this time didn't even make it to passable. Myself and two dining companions clearly placed our orders. The steakburger and the ribeye both had thick crusts of char surrounding them. The salmon my friend ordered was much more than 'lightly grilled,' as she requested, and was dry. We asked for the manager; he said that this is the usual way those entrees are prepared. As a regular, I know this is not so. Our orders were done again per our original requests. The entrees were good on second round, but the bad taste of this experience will be hard to shake.
- Pleasantly surprised...everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Pleasantly surprised...everything was very good, from service to food... and drinks!! Definitely looking forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- I really enjoy Jack's. I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012I really enjoy Jack's. I've been there now quite a few times. The food is good, the prices don't pain me, and it's so convenient. There was a neighborhood movie event going on, so that raised the noise level a bit, but it was still nice outside. Normally, I sit inside and it's pretty cold, so I always bring a jacket.Special Features:
- AMAZING EVENING !!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012THIS PLACED ROCKED !!! CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK !!! HOCK CHEW !!Special Features:
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012We enjoyed a late romantic dinner at an outdoor table overlooking a waterfall sculpture in an adjacent courtyard. There was no traffic on the street at the time we were there and we felt like we had the quaint little village almost all to ourselves. The food was delicious and the prices reasonable. It would have been perfect if the group who seated themeselves close to us had been a little quieter. At times I had to ask my girlfriend to repeat what she said due to their loud laughing as they were apparently enjoying the bubbly a little too much. But, I would go back again and recommend this restaurant to others. Also, they were out of baked potatoes at the time we arrived, so we chose a rice dish, but it was a wonderful substitute.Special Features:
- Jacks is a local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/7/2012Jacks is a local favorite for me. This particular night was for my birthday and the food, atmosphere and service was outstanding. Highly recommend Jacks.Special Features:
- Yummy Sunday brunch. NiceCheeseizgoodDined on 9/2/2012Yummy Sunday brunch. Nice outdoor dining area. Only minor complaint is that the fried chicken in the chicken and waffles dish was a bit bland. A brining beforehand would do the trick to make it awesome.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Visited here as a tourist from the UK on the recommendation of a friend - fabulous food with great table service. It can be a bit loud (or at least the woman sat at the bar near us felt she needed to speak so loud everyone could hear) but other than that it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Always a great night. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2012Always a great night. The Nut Liquor is a must try!Special Features:
- Perfect evening for our 33rdOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Perfect evening for our 33rd wedding anniversary! Food was perfect, waiter was knowledgeable and very helpful, attentive and not in our way.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012Great food and great service. We were very pleased!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprising. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2012Pleasantly surprising. Food was very good and our server was outstanding. The bar seems to dominate the restaurant though, but we will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Lovely place to dine. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012Lovely place to dine. The food was tasty. Had the pork ribeye. It was supposed to be well done, it is pork but half of it was rare. I sent it back once had one bite and the rest was still rare. Would have been nice to have enjoyed the entire piece. But overall service was good food was delicious and was a nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- Didn't like the small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Didn't like the small portions and the menu didn't offer much of a selection
- The food is good at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2012The food is good at this restaurant, but this is the second time we've been there and the noise level is too loud! You can't have a conversation!
- Recently changed menu, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2012Recently changed menu, very nice additions. Love the country fried steak app! Out of this world, as are the scallops over Thai quinoa. Nice live music on weekends, great bar scene.Special Features:
- Jack's is a find! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2012Jack's is a find! The food is imaginative - especially the side dishes - and delicious. However, if you're looking for quiet conversation with your fellow diners, you won't find it here, unless you sit outside. The bar takes up most of the interior, so the noise level is off the chart. Jack's is obviously catering to the local crowd that wants to socialize in the evening, but had I not been seated outside, I would not have stayed - and would have missed one of the best meals I've had in Orlando.Special Features:
- Good SteakhouseFishBonesDined on 5/27/2012Personally, the food was great but a little expensive when compared to other steak houses in the area. The atmosphere was quiet and low key. My steak was tender and cook perfectly. I can't say enough about the mushroom rizotto...awesome! Staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Not a bad place. I would considerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012Not a bad place. I would consider Jack's above average though.Special Features:
- Wonderful Sunday brunch menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Wonderful Sunday brunch menu. Had a guy playing live blues the whole time. Food was outstanding, and portions were not huge as at some restaurants. Fantastic Mothers Day meal.Special Features:
- Had a very nice brunch. WeLadyensmingerDined on 5/13/2012Had a very nice brunch. We sat outside on the sidewalk and the weather was great. Our waiter was very good as well. The food was prepared well.Special Features:
- Another great meal @ Jack'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2012This was our 2nd time at Jack's and equally enjoyable. Luke was an outstanding waiter!Special Features: