4969 Roswell Rd
Atlanta, GA 30342Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://food101atlanta.com/
- Phone: 4044979700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm- 10:00pm; Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Justin Keith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Food 101
Serving hearty food with rural roots & an urban polish, Food 101 caters to those seeking a dining experience reminiscent of days gone by. Created by talented chef Justin Keith, the menu features proven classics with an inventive twist. This neighborhood Atlanta eatery exudes comfort not only through its food, but also through its relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Food 101 reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (32)good for groups (28)special occasion (26)great for brunch (25)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (17)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (13)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good experienceLexus2VIPDined on 5/10/2014We have had mediocre experiences here, in the past. This dinner was a definite improvement, in food and especially service. Good to have them back on track!!!Special Features:
- My Dad's 80th BirthdayBATMANDined on 5/10/2014No specials today the the menu had some not-so-great updates. My first visit was outstanding...this visit was moderate. We are in no hurry to return...too bad!Special Features:
- Great nightTaraTVIPDined on 5/9/2014We went to Food 101 with friends. The decor and ambience are inviting and warm. The main dining room was a little noisy so we were glad to be seated in the back room which was quieter and more intimate. Although the service was a little slow, the food was wonderful. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKatieDined on 5/9/2014There isn't a healthy option on the entire lunch menu. Lots of meat and high calorie, high fat options. All very over-priced. Tried to order the salmon salad but they were out of salmon! Very few fish options. Ended up with an over priced strawberry, date, salad with greasy dressing. My Bloody Mary was served in a very small, thin glass with no celery or any other garnish and was tasteless, and weak. Coffee was not fresh. Ambiance is nice but can't make up for the bad food.
- Dinner at Food 101BistrodiningDined on 5/8/2014I invited 3 friends to Food 101 for dinner -- we all arrived at 6:30 pm. The restaurant was almost empty at that time. However when we each ordered what we wanted, we were told that 3 of the items we ordered were not available -- two were appetizers and one was an entree (salmon). One of my guests wanted the salmon cause she does not eat meat or chicken, and that is what she wanted. It was embarrassing for me to bring them to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Business LunchAdrianDined on 5/6/2014Food 101 is my go-to choice for a business lunch. Easy to get to, parking isn't an issue, food is consistently top quality and the service is always excellent. Hasn't let me down yet and I've tried them all!Special Features:
- First visit was a charmmooti01Dined on 5/4/2014Decided to try something new and came across Food 101 on OpenTable. Both my wife and I were very pleased with the meal and service. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an intimate setting with not too much noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 4/29/2014The food was good although the menu was very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimeknorrisDined on 4/26/2014We really enjoyed the food and ambiance. Lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay.lauralizDined on 4/25/2014I was excited to try this place and had a group of 6 to celebrate my husband's birthday. Friends had said how wonderful the food is. After a spread of appetizers and six different entrees, I can only say that two items rose above the level of good. It's a solid restaurant. Our waitress was spectacular. Wine list was extensive. Ambience was good - we were there at 6:30 (until about 8) and it almost felt too quiet or too empty. The concept they are going for is great, it just doesn't make the mark.
- KakaDined on 4/25/2014Food was great, sitting outside was lovely, and service was superb!!!Special Features:
- New Found Place...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My family and I enjoyed it.But I believe because of the holiday the kitchen was slammed and it took a long time for the food to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but avoid holidaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2014I've eaten here before and really enjoyed it, but Easter brunch was not up to par. The food took over 40 minutes to come out, my french toast was burnt (and it looked the same on another table), and we never received a refill until the bill came. I like their menu, food (if it is executed properly), and the decor, but judging from other reviews and my own experience, avoid Food 101 on holidays.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014The night was a birthday celebration and Food 101 did not fail. Comfort food of fried chicken, greens and mashed potatoes could not have been better. Server even thrilled us with a surprise piece of cake with a lighted candle. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/18/2014Food 101 is one of our favorites great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable with very good foodF101Dined on 4/15/2014Food 101 is an excellent choice for a casual, comfortable Sandy Springs dining experience. They pay great attention to the quality of the food and service. Excellently prepared dishes and well-trained waitstaff. The prices are reasonable and the wine list is interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerNeenVIPDined on 4/11/2014Took our visiting relatives to Food 101 & had a very nice meal. Our group had the pimento cheese appetizer, wedge salad, arugula salad, the "famous" chicken, burger, and the lamb tenderloin, followed by two servings of the deep fried apple pie. Everyone enjoyed their meal. My elderly mother, who rarely finished her dinner, cleaned her plate! The service was just excellent, and the noise level was low enough that we could all hear each other. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice but not memorableBB311Dined on 3/30/2014My boyfriend and I are looking for a new Brunch Spot on Sundays with Bottomless mimosas. Food 101 was close by so we decided to check it out. We did have a good time, but I feel our waitress might have been either overworked or just exhausted from the morning, she always seemed to be in such a hurry, making us feel like we were taking to long. She was just not inviting. The food was pretty good, I had the shrimp and grits and my boyfriend had the AM burger, his was much better than mine. The shrimp and grits was more like a soup. Kinda strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/28/2014We've been to Food 101 several times and always enjoy it. We're tried most of the items on the menu and, with a few exceptions, all of the food has been great. The few things we disliked (over several visits) were more personal taste and not any comment on the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fried Chicken in Sandy SpringsFederer18Dined on 3/23/2014I have been going to Food 101 since the 3rd day it opened the Southern Fried Chicken with Green beans and coleslaw have been on the menu since day one. I always get that because its one of my favorites my friend from the UK absolutely loved and told all his friends how great the menu was . Try Food 101 you will be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal was excellent; howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014Our meal was excellent; however the wait staff could have been a little more attentive - - - -definitely not a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I found this placeArtNSoulDined on 3/22/2014Can't say enough great things about this place. We dined here yesterday for my friend's birthday and everyone is still talking about the food. The lamb.....omg to die for! I was so full, but forced myself to finish because it was too good to stop. The cabbage, the sweet potatoes, the greens....all very tasty as well. Loved the oysters Rockefeller also. Some offs ordered fried chicken, steak, burgers.....and we demolished the meatloaf thanks to a suggestion from the lady sitting next to us celebrating her 85th birthday. Drinks were great, servers were awesome. Even the bartenders and hostesses were awesome in helping me with the cake and stuff when we arrived. There were 23 of us and the table was set up perfectly. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2014The food was delicious & the server was attentive. Highly recommend for small group or date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and solid executiongariderDined on 3/16/2014I've eaten here for lunch and for dinner numerous times over the years and always leave pleased. Just a solid dependable place to go to and return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service wasKathyDined on 3/15/2014Food was good, service was great. Drink prices reasonable. Overall a pleasant dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you don't like real food....GidgetJoDined on 3/14/2014....don't eat here. - Those were the words of my step-father who introduced me to this place. He was quite right! They have a fresh menu full of real food without unnecessary additives...and aren't too terribly expensive, especially for the area. I also quite enjoyed the southern flair without all the typical southern foods per se (also read..."fried food"), giving it the New Southern description it deserves. We dined for lunch so it was quite quiet as well. I'm not sure what it is like in the evening. Our waiter was also very attentive without being over bearing. Very great service! I only wished I had known of this place sooner, rather than right before I moved. I will miss the Atlanta restaurants most of all!Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServicewoodframesDined on 3/8/2014Had dinner here last Saturday night, seated immediately and drink orders taken. Ordered the mussels for a starter and they were great, not your typical white wine and garlic preparation. I had the prime sirloin and my friend had the swordfish, both were served exactly as ordered. Wait staff was wonderful all evening, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste-small plates and appetizersgmills1215VIPDined on 3/7/2014The service was very good and the tuna appetizer was delicious. The duck small plate left a bit to be desired. It would be better served with a flat bread instead of regular store bought bread. The pear flat bread was tasty but I would have had it for dessert. Everyone liked the crawfish in pastry-hearty and good dipping sauce. Quail plate was not what we hoped for.Special Features:
- Notably AwesomeJohnDined on 3/4/2014Food 101 is predictably enjoyable. My wife loves the pumpkin ravioli and I'm a sucker for the specials. I last sampled the pork belly special which was incredibly good. The fried chicken is also a favorite. Service is excellent. I particularly enjoy the barrel aged cocktails that are made by a bartender who clearly understands and enjoys fine bourbon. It is well worth the drive from Duluth, even in rush hour traffic! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNealVIPDined on 3/1/2014Ambiance at this restaurant is amazing. I recommend trying the fried chicken. The cocktails are also very good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJacqui114Dined on 2/26/2014There were 6 of us dining, and without exception, we all thought the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait person paid no attentionxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxVIPDined on 2/25/2014Wait person paid no attention to us after initial greeting. Water not refilled. Waited far too long for a check at lunch time.Special Features:
- Good foodGillianstarVIPDined on 2/24/2014We went there for lunch and we ordered the chicken waldorf and hamburger. The food was good And the service was great! Ambience was not noisy, it was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service had changedFunnygrlgaDined on 2/23/2014The food and service had changed since my last visit in June. I don't remember ever being asked if everything was ok, received a refill on water, Nd had to hunt down the server to refill our bottomless mimosas. The food was good, but not great, as I remembered don't think I'll be rushing back anytime soon.
- Brunch for 9BrittanyDined on 2/23/2014Made a reservation for a large group to celebrate our friends' 9 year anniversary. I put in open table we would like to sit on the patio if it was nice out. They called an hour ahead to see what my preference was, which was nice. We were a large group and they were very busy, but they stayed attentive- filling up our bottomless mimosas, food came in a timely manner, and our server was very sweet and funny. They let us sit and enjoy each other's company for hours, which was also very nice. Food was great, drinks were delicious, service was great. We will definitely be back. This is the best brunch spot in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick biteMikeDined on 2/22/2014Food was delicious, server friendly and attentive, great place to run out for a no hassle dinner with great food, great service and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Calories!HappyDiinerDined on 2/21/2014My friend and I both ordered the famous Food 101 Fried Chicken. We secretly fretted if it would be worth trying. Wow! Everything was delicious! The boneless, skinless chicken breast was tender, moist, and beautifully seasoned. Accompanying it were tasty cole slaw, green beans and mashed potatoes. Who could ask for more? It was a delightful southern dinner! We enjoyed a glass of wine as we chatted before our dinner arrived. Oh, yes, I must also mention the fried apple pies that we ordered for a perfect ending to this lovely meal. The wait staff was totally friendly, welcoming and on the ball. We were greeted nicely as we arrived and when we departed. It was a delightful...and delicious choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu but short on seasoningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014The service was good, but the food lacks seasoning. The tables were so close together you could share your neighbors utensils. For the quality of food they should reconsider their prices. The menu has a great selection, but more emphasis should be placed on quality.
- made my date more specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014had been there for valentines wit my hubby...im glad i booked a table here n nwer else.food was amazing..my husband likes southern style cooking as he had stayed in Louisiana for a long time....the best gumbo in whole of atlanta....loved this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southern flairTrendyVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great ambiance, food was outstanding but the service was a bit weakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.