401 South Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moshulu.com/
- Phone: 2159232500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Sunday Brunch 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: .
- Special Events: The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers unsurpassed views and a unique backdrop for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations. Our private dining rooms, outdoor open-aired and tented decks combined with delectable, award-wining American cuisine and impeccable service create the perfect setting for memorable events. Please contact Diane Megliano, Director of Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Moshulu
The Moshulu, the World’s oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers the most unique dining experience featuring inspired award-wining, contemporary American cuisine using nature’s finest ingredients and impeccable service. The luxurious dining room, private dining rooms, Bongo Bar and outdoor open-aired and tented decks offer unsurpassed views for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moshulu - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Moshulu reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (218)special occasion (217)romantic (202)fit for foodies (88)notable wine list (79)good for groups (60)great for brunch (55)neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (43)great for lunch (41)late-night find (24)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Not GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Brunch was quite unimpressive. The food was seemed thrown together with little care, the fish was dry, the vegetables mushy, and they ran out of beef to carve. The positives were, the young man carving was very sweet, our server was great and the piano player was fantastic!!!! I did not try the desert as my appetite did not allow.Special Features:
- Geat brunch!!JessieDined on 8/17/2014Changed the menu up a little but we still loved it!! Great brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievablePhillyNativeDined on 8/16/2014The food was outrageous. Everything we ordered came out absolutely perfect. The service was fantastic although once the meal was over, we waited quite a while for the check. No complaints here though.Special Features:
- ReviewMikeDined on 8/16/2014Overall my mom and I had a nice dinner. The restaurant is very nice with a nice view looking at the Delaware river. My mother enjoyed her dinner, she had the sea scallops. But mine was fresh but would not recommend it. Start I had the steak tartar which had too many onions over powered the whole dish. For the main course I had the halibut. The dish is called a halibut BLT. Which does not go! The fish was dry. The tomato was to overpowering for the dish. And it had cooked lettuce as well.Special Features:
- extra effortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I took my daughter there before the One Direction concert, and although chicken fingers were not on the menu at the bar, they made them for her, and it made the day extra special for her. Great staff great food great scenerySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014The food was great here, I am not sure that it's totally worth the price but you're paying a premium for the location. Sushi rolls were excellent, Wasabi was great, grilled Octopos was good put I would have cooked it differently, ceaser salad ok needs greener lettuce for the price, lobster bisque very good, veal was good but not fancy, its just breaded veal, my duck breast was good and the sauce was perfect, the burger was excellent! We were too full for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going away dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My family and I had a delicious meal and the scenic views were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceeatingout8024Dined on 8/13/2014Expensive place, but good food, historical atmosphere, and amazing service. The food was really good, but not quite worth the prices charged. How many times do you get to be on a ship that was built in 1904 and has been around the horn of Africa 50+ times though? Our waitress was awesome and when she heard we were visiting Philly for the first time, she had the chef make a dessert with 4 small sorbet cups and 'Welcome to Philadelphia' written in chocolate on the plate for us for no charge! Our girls loved it! She made our night. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Not a fan of the $15 private parking I called in advance and informed the hostess it was my fiancee's birthday. I would think we would at least get a decent table, not crammed next to another couple. Service was fine. Food was okay. A bit overpriced in my opinion. I guess you are paying $$$ for dining in a big boat on the Delaware River.Special Features:
- readytodineVIPDined on 8/12/2014My husband I and have dined at the Moshulu many times and have enjoyed each one. For our most recent visit, I made reservations for my husband's birthday through Open Table. I noted in the special comments field that we would be celebrating his birthday. I cited his name and asked that his dessert plate be decorated with a birthday wish. We were seated by a window with a great view of the waterfront. When my husband opened his menu, he found a personalized birthday card from the Moshulu. Our meals and wine were fabulous...and on his dessert plate, Happy Birthday was written in chocolate. The waitstaff was attentive and pleasant. I would definitely recommend the Moshulu for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionAEL90Dined on 8/10/2014Service was top notch, food was very good. I would save this place for a special occasion as it can get pricey. The dress code is not as fancy as I thought. People were there in regular clothes. The old boat is very cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but...ExcellenteDined on 8/10/2014The experience was wonderful. Our first anniversary. I would of given it outstanding but for: made reservations for 5 didn't get seated until 5:20 tables not ready and the dessert menu was incorrect. On a personal note, for the price you would think there would be a dress code.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service but . . .TwoFoodiesDined on 8/10/2014When we arrived at Moshulu, they were not ready. We had to wait 20 minutes before they could take us in. Wasn't too thrilled with that. So we decided to go to the outside bar. One of the main drinks on their menu they didn't have. A little disappointing, but ok. We ordered drinks and thought we would take it back to one of the tables. The tables were filthy. So we headed back to the bar. Once they were ready for us, we then headed to our seats. One of the things on their main menu, they were all out of (how when the restaurant had just opened). We ordered our food, which was good, not great, but good. We were very happy with our server. When it was time to order dessert, one featured item was not available. So, it was good, but not great.
- Terrific BrunchJudePazDined on 8/10/2014We visited this restaurant on a Sunday and enjoyed a fabulous brunch. There was a large variety of excellent food. The desserts were excellent (crème brulee, chocolate fountain, cheesecake, cookies). There was also a beef and salmon carving stations. I would highly recommend this brunch for a special occasion. Our server was very attentive and full of information about the ship and Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinnerjtownmomDined on 8/9/2014I recently made a reservation for my husband and myself for a Saturday night dinner, primarily because we needed to be in the area to give a child a ride home after a concert in the area. We had a drink on the top deck, and the view was lovely. We are in our 50's and I noted that most of the patrons were 40+. It did not strike me as a place for younger people to have a date night. We were seated timely for our 9:00 reservation, and we ordered from the restaurant week menu. The food was good, attractively presented, and would have been a bit overpriced, if not for the promotion. Our server was attentive and pleasant. I noted that there were no wait staff at the deck bar-had to go to the bar to order.Special Features:
- very romanticRichDined on 8/9/2014This is a great place to take a date. They have a great wine selection and the food is absolutely amazing. A little on the pricey side but it's worth it.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Good!AmandaBVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our first visit to Moshulu & we were prepared for the standard tourist trap of beautiful setting & mediocre food. We took the opportunity of a restaurant week deal to try it out. We were pleasantly surprised to find the food excellent. Everything we had was very tasty and obviously high quality. The portions were generous. The ship itself is fantastic, but the ambiance is a little confusing. It looks and feels like a fine dining restaurant, but very few people were dressed up. In fact, I would say that the majority were dressed down! The service was excellent - thanks Andrew! All in all we had a very enjoyable meal and think that it would be a good place to bring out of town visitors. Parking is $15 - park on Dock or Front St.Special Features:
- Wonderful AnniversaryWorldTravelerDined on 8/9/2014Had Anniversary dinner here, they made it very special with complimentary champagne and a lovely little card to commemorate the night. Waiter was exceptional and the whole evening was memorable. Beautiful décor, good food, unique experience. Highly recommend for romantic occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday DinnerNancyDined on 8/9/2014We went for my daughters' 25th birthday with their friends and enjoyed everything except the parking. Rather annoyed that we had to pay to park after spending $500 on dinner. They should deduct the parking fee for people who buy dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on a ShipilehnertVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food and the ambiance were great. We went for Night Out Restaurant Week - a 3-course prix fixe menu at $35. Otherwise, Moshulu is a bit pricey for frequent dining - but it's a great destination for special occasion. They have a great outdoor bar - but they do not serve their food outside, which is regrettable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We all did the restaurant week lunch menu. Great choices and the food was delicious. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Oh la, la, love!AshleyDined on 8/8/2014This was my first time going to the Moshulu; I took my family out for a nice dinner. I have some food allergies, but that was not a problem. Most of the items on the menu were, or could be made, gluten free. It was a nice setting for adults, but a little dim inside. Our server was fairly decent and most of the staff was very friendly, but we did wait quite awhile for our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub par foodGaryDDined on 8/7/2014The food was a big let down. Over cooked, over salted and over sauced. I was a bit embarrassed and did not want to complain, nor did I intend to write a review....but I cant stop thinking about the money we spent and how dissatisfying the meal was. The service was a different story, well mannered, intelligent and pleasant. I would not return unless for drinks on the deck.Special Features:
- Great ambiance outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014We went for a restaurant week special hoping to be able to sit outside on the deck. Unfortunately they weren't serving dinner outside so we ate downstairs - which was very cozy and romantic. But it was a perfect night to be outside so it would have been even better to enjoy the view from the top of the deck. The food was just fair - we each had ordered the Tandoori Mahi Mahi and it was a little bit overcooked, as was the couscous. The service was excellent, the wine selection was excellent (but expensive) by the bottle, not much of a beer selection. Overall, the food was just fair - it would be way overpriced going without the special. We would go back again for drinks and a snack if we could sit outside on a nice evening.Special Features:
- A secret to securing reservationsLovephillyDined on 8/7/2014We called the restaurant directly for reservations and were told there were no tables available. It was a Thursday night but it was restaurant week. I went on Open Table and was able to secure reservations for our preferred time. The menu has a nice selection - even my sushi was very good - and the waterfront on a beautiful summer evening is a special treat.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant Week choiceYummyDined on 8/7/2014Can't say enough good things about our Restaurant Week dinner - Absolutely delicious food with beautiful presentation and excellent service. I ordered the salmon entree which was awesome! Add Moshulu to your list of restaurants. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSergeDined on 8/7/2014Everything was over the top. We really enjoyed the friendly and thoughtful service. We will be back!
- Great Date Night SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Lovely atmosphere coupled with an amazing view. Enjoyed a great restaurant week menu with well made cocktails. Would recommend to anyone looking for an escape from the typical city restaurant vibe, but yet still close enough to all your favorite locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014The top deck was closed. The reason we went to Moshulu was for cocktails and dinner on the top deck. Food and drinks expensive. The calamari appetizer was dry. No happy hour like most all other Philly restaurants.
- Inconsistent Food and ServicetootsieVIPDined on 8/6/2014My husband really enjoyed his appetizer and his dessert, but he found his entrée lacking in taste. My entrée was quite good. As for service, our waiter was pleasant, but he did not clear the crumbs after the entrees were removed, and he delivered one incorrect dessert.Special Features:
- Fun TimeWhjnlpDined on 8/6/2014The food was good, we had the duck and salmon and both were excellent. They have a very good wine selection. A unique venue that was fun with a great history. The staff was attentive and fast.Special Features:
- NickVIPDined on 8/6/2014Superb lunch menu, either lite or a full meal, either way....still superb. Had guests along and they were very much impressed. No doubt they will return as well. Thank you;.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ViewFunfoodieDined on 8/3/2014An early dinner with family. The food was pretty good but the atmosphere and the view sealed the deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion. Amazing history and spectacular view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebration29bdaybashDined on 8/3/2014AWESOME FOOD GREAT SERVICE WAS A GREAT TIME BY ALL 6 OF USSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchUmmiDined on 8/3/2014Should have sparling cider or juoce for non drinkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!SandyDined on 8/2/2014We take a special trip from the suburbs to dine at our favorite restaurant. We were seated quickly, and the view, service and food were spectacular as always. Can't wait to go back. The service is always consistently excellent! Thank you Moshulu!Special Features:
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Great atmosphere, okay food. I had the salmon which was very good and my husband had the pasta which was very bland. But the atmosphere is nice and the view is beautiful. A needed night out for us both .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated DiningwijnwisjDined on 8/2/2014The Moshulu dining room was elegant, the food was classy. We went with friends for a Restaurant Week $35 3 course meal, nd everyone's dinner was delicious - although the crab pasta dish was a bit salty. The service was excellent - friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The topside bar is gorgeous for a drink before dinner, although the service was slow and spotty.Special Features:
- Moshulu Dining ExperienceMaria123Dined on 8/2/2014There is an outstanding romantic evening of delicious food and ambience that awaits you at The Moshulu in Phila pa and our Server Andrew was delightful and very easy to talk with. Please put the Moshulu on your list for brunch with Family and Friends and/or dinner with your significant other. You will be amazed at your experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.