3100 South Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Georgetown/
- Phone: 2029124110x
- Hours of Operation:
6:30AM – 11:00AM
11:00AM – 2:30PM
BRUNCH A La Carte Saturday-Sunday
11:00AM – 2:30PM
LIGHT FARE MENU
2:30PM – 11:30PM (SUNDAY -THURSDAY)
2:30PM - 1:00AM (FRIDAY-SATURDAY)
5:30PM – 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Degrees
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Degrees offers an innovative small plates menu featuring internationally-inspired regional cuisine, complimented with an innovative cocktail and wine list. Located in the lobby level of The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C., the restaurant’s vibrant atmosphere complements the hotel’s modern, industrial-chic style with exposed brick, warm hardwood floors, classic bistro tables, and a sleek black slate bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Degrees reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/13/2010The food was very good, but was disappointed when I got my bill and the 4 course meal was $115 a piece. The food was not worth the price. I would of changed my reservation if I knew that the meal was going to cost me $115 a piece.Special Features:
- My experience at FahrenheitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2010My experience at Fahrenheit on Valentine's Day weekend was exceptional. The food was excellent and the ambience made it even better. The service was great and was always on point. I only wish the full menu was open that evening. We were only limited to the Valentine's Day menu (which was just a bit over-priced). Overall, the experience was memorable and would definitely recommend it to friends and family for special occasions.Special Features:
- It was a bit cheeky for FahrenheitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2010It was a bit cheeky for Fahrenheit to charge $115 prixe fixe for a four course meal when four courses can obviously be assembled for les from the a la carte menu. I can't imagine this restauraunt is making any money, with unremarkable food and excessive prices.
- AWFUL! I will never EVER goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010AWFUL! I will never EVER go here again. The food was horrible, the service is awful! When I made the reservation online, I was not made aware there was a special $115 per person menu! If I had known that, I would have canceled my reservation. I will NEVER recommend this to ANYONE! WORST RESTAURANT EVER.
- The food here was "good" butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2010The food here was "good" but definitely not great. The ambiance was nice and the service was great but there is much better food in DC and I will probably not dine at Fahrenheit for a second time.
- Beautiful venue, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/22/2010Beautiful venue, great service! The best part of the meail was dessert (which i don't think they made) and cappucinos. Starters and main course were severely over salted. For a restaurant that is in the Ritz, i expected a lot more.
- Fahrenheit was a disappointment:OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/20/2010Fahrenheit was a disappointment: The waiter had problems understanding our orders; the champagne we ordered (to celebrate our wedding anniversary) turned out not to have been kept cold so we had to choose another bottle than our preferred brand; the foie gras had no taste at all; the ribs, which we picked due to the recommendation from the waiter, were cold and not containing the actual rib bones contrary to what the waiter told us; the portions were small given the high prices. With only three tables occupied we were surprised to see the kitchen/waiting staff struggle like this.
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2010This was our second visit for Sunday brunch, with great choices of made-to-order breakfast and lunch items, satisying everyone in our party. The food was outstanding and the service was solicitous. They went out of their way to make all accomodations necessary for an elderly friend with a walker. We certainly intend to go again.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/12/2010Food was pretty good overall. My steak was adequate, nothing special. The truffle mac and cheese was great! The service was nothing special. Our reservation was erroneously canceled, and no one acknowledged the birthday my guest was celebrating...probably because they didn't check the reservation. To the server's credit though, I did forget my credit card, and she called to let me know. All in all, not bad, but for the price, I was expecting a bit more.
- Good as usual for a specialTexasDinerVIPDined on 12/30/2009Good as usual for a special occasion, though the loss of the restaurant manager will end our attendance.Special Features:
- Called to confirm my reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2009Called to confirm my reservation for Christmas dinner and was told they were closed that day. He told me I had reached Fahrenheit and there was no way I had a reservation there. Panic! Called the hotel’s concierge. Called Fahrenheit back to get an email address. Was then told they were open on Christmas and they had my reservation. No apology.Dinner was prix fixe – food was not what I expected, but OK. Service was nonexistent. We saw our waiter three times. The sommelier was charming - we joked with him. Dessert buffet was fun. In a word “frustrating”.
- The restaurant is visuallyPescetarian517Dined on 12/25/2009The restaurant is visually stunning, with very high ceilings and dark decor. The seats are a little wide. The Crab Salad appetizer was very enjoyable even if the red bell pepper was more dominant than the crab flavor. Using the crab salad as a spread on the crostini resulted in a wonderful treat. The lobster bisque soup was heavenly, if rich. The sea bass entree had a curious vanilla sauce that would have been more appropriate for a desert, but the fish was expertly cooked. Our server disappeared 3/4 the way through the meal, but others we more than willing to bring coffee and tea. Our sever reappeared to present the check. As a nice touch, the restaurant will allow you to split a glass of wine if a whole glass seems too much.Special Features:
- The Server was very helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2009The Server was very helpful to our 8-year old, cutting up her meal for her. Our daughter loved everything about this experience, especially the dessert buffet.Special Features:
- Food was very good, but aGreatnessDined on 12/24/2009Food was very good, but a little expensive for what you get. The ambiance for evening dining was outstanding and the service was very commendable! With exception to the pricey menu, great overall experience!Special Features:
- Good food but not outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/22/2009Good food but not outstanding, very quiet atmosphere with good ambiance. A little pricey...don't know if I would go back again.
- Amazing, again. ImpeccableFallsChurchFoodieCoupleVIPDined on 12/22/2009Amazing, again. Impeccable service, excellent food, and warm ambiance and staff made our anniversary dinner a wonderful experience. The chef accomodated our request for a tasting menu (it was a quiet night, so we felt the request wouldn't disrupt meals for other diners) and truly surpassed any combination we could have done by ordering ourselves. We had high expectations knowing the restaurant is part of the Ritz-Carlton, but even those expectations were exceeded. This dinner experience moved Fahrenheit to the top of our list.Special Features:
- The food was horrible. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/12/2009The food was horrible. The Sea Bass was so salty it was inedible.
- Food was good, without beingUktravellerDined on 12/9/2009Food was good, without being outstanding, and it is a pleasant, light and airy dining room. But service was inattentive and slow - we even had to stand up on one occasion to attract attention.
- We dined here for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/8/2009We dined here for our anniversary and were exceptionally pleased. I was somewhat leery considering the restaurant is inisde a hotel and sometimes the food is less than desirable and overpriced. However, we had no reason for concern. The ambiance is warm and romantic and the service was outstanding. I had informed the restaurant when we made our reservation that it was our 2nd anniversary and our first time there and they went out of their way to acknoweldge our anniversary and to ensure that our time there was enjoyable. The food was excellent and my husband even commented that it was one of the top 5 steaks he had ever had. We felt that it was reasonably priced for the quality and the service. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- What a great spot for dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2009What a great spot for dinner! Outstanding Sea Bass & Tuna steak, perfectly prepared and delicious. Fine cocktails as well. Great service, very elegant ambiance that has the unusual feature of being very open (~25ft ceilings), yet still intimate. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Perfect place for a quietOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/2/2009Perfect place for a quiet Georgetown breakfast. They open early!
- Fahrenheit was an absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2009Fahrenheit was an absolutely wonderful dining experience. From the food to the service, everything was more than I expected and I would recommend it to anyone as a solid choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- This restaurant was not allOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/26/2009This restaurant was not all that it is cracked up to be. First off, we arrived for our reservation and had requested a booth. There was one open, but they would not let us have it and we had to wait about 20 minutes for the previous party to live a booth so we could be seated. Did not understand that at all, but that is terrible planning/customer service.Also, the main course was awful and the dessert buffet even worse, over all it was a -10/5 stars and I would discourage anyone from dining here.
- This was my first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2009This was my first experience at Fahrenheit and it was absolutely amazing. From the luxurious decorated red chair seating and other noticeable balls of red fire popping through to the dim lighting with candles throughout the place, it was absolutely calming and sleek. The maitre D was awesome and high spirited and very accommodating. Our waitress was great, knowledgeable and very attentive. The food was tasty and wonderfully cooked. I would give them a 5 STAR, for sure. My husband and I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- My wife and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2009My wife and I had a wonderful meal on Saturday. It was just what we needed for a date night without the kids. The menu selection was great (with plenty of dishes we wanted to try), the food was fantastic, the service was excellent, and the setting/ambiance was outstanding (amazingly intimate, given the extremely high ceilings and large windows). I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others. It pulls everything together quite nicely. I found it more enjoyable than many other more highly-rated and highly-touted restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- The menu is somewhat limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/9/2009The menu is somewhat limited but everything we had was delicious. Everyone we encountered from the valet parker to the management was extremely pleasant and efficient.Special Features:
- My wife and I had dinner hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2009My wife and I had dinner here to celebrate our anniversary. It was perfect. Quiet and romantic, with excellent service and food.Special Features:
- I really love the atmosphereHumphreyDined on 11/7/2009I really love the atmosphere of the place. After dining we enjoyed the real fire place in the lobbySpecial Features:
- The ambiance and decor wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2009The ambiance and decor were nothing less than would be expected of a restaurant housed in Georgetown's Ritz Carlton Hotel. The service was also top notch. The food was good but not spectacular (perhaps a result of us ordering two the steaks). The duck spring roll appetizer was particularly good.Special Features:
- Mr. MacCarthy was very welcoming,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/1/2009Mr. MacCarthy was very welcoming, and the service was great! Coffee is out of this world delicious.Special Features:
- Great potential to be oneCraigVIPDined on 10/28/2009Great potential to be one of Georgetown's finest. Fahrenheit just needs to step up the service and figure out how to draw the crowd.
- excellent for romantic dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2009excellent for romantic dinner. service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Perfect service except forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2009Perfect service except for strange valet that wanted to drive my sports car. I'll pay any price for valet but I will drive it, which is what happened the first time I came there. He had no reason to keep the keys since there were only two cars there and no rush expected during the time I was there. The valet staff needs to be more flexible. I move my car out of the empty valet lot and parked on the street in front of the hotel (unneeded drama).Special Features:
- Appetizers were very good.AliceDined on 9/19/2009Appetizers were very good. Main course: fair. My penne with jumbo shrimp (four) lacked flavor. Service was very good. Valet parking is $10.00 and valet refused to honor the matre 'd's comp for my parking. (Bad form)Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2009Everything was wonderful. Hit the spot! Food was very fresh.Special Features:
- This was a strange evening.Warg44Dined on 9/17/2009This was a strange evening. I took a date here. The food was great, and the staff went out of the way to make sure my vegetarian date got something she liked. The service was excellent. Here's the thing though -- we were the ONLY people in the entire place. This was a Thursday night at 7:30. Perhaps not the busiest night of the week but still, we were the only ones there. It was fine really, even fun, but it did feel a little odd. Steak was great.Special Features:
- Took a date here. The placeWarg44Dined on 9/5/2009Took a date here. The place was almost empty but that was probably due to it being Labor Day weekend (?) Food was good. Service was only ok. For an empty place on Saturday night, it took FOREVER to get our food, and FOREVER to get the check. The staff seemed to dissapear for very long periods. Still, my date enjoyed it. She liked the ambiance. If the date is happy, I'm happy.Special Features:
- Anyone looking for a fineOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2009Anyone looking for a fine eatery in Georgetown should stay off of Wisconsin Avenue or M Street and try this delightful venue.Special Features:
- Food was good, but one ofPGT16Dined on 8/29/2009Food was good, but one of the three beef tenderloin entree's we ordered was a bit sinewy.
- For the price, it was a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2009For the price, it was a good restaurant. Friendly staff, good food - no wows, but still very nice. Oh yes, I had spring rools for a starter. The sauces were impactful, especially the wasabi one. Hard to find in Georgetown, I suggest a map. Take a cab or use the valet. Street parking is hard to come by.Special Features: