City Fish Market
7940 Glades Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33434Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
City Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/city-fish-market/
- Phone: 5614871600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch, Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Anthony Hoff
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The City Fish Market is ideal for luncheons, corporate meetings, seminars, anniversaries, reunions, holiday or cocktail parties, weddings, birthday celebrations, etc. With 5 separate private dining rooms, there is something to fit any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Sherry Craig 5614871600x
A word from City Fish Market
From the gracious service to South Florida’s widest selection of fresh seafood, City Fish Market’s comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere is a relaxing retreat. The restaurant sits on a sparkling man-made lake and welcomes guests to enjoy the view, with the soothing blues and clean whites of the decor creating a relaxed environment. With plenty of television sets, the welcoming bar and lounge area is the perfect place to watch a game, catch up on the latest news or relax with a cocktail before dinner. Nightly live music provides the perfect ambiance for a memorable dining experience. Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of City Fish Market!Continued
Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week, with retail hours daily.
Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week, with retail hours daily.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
City Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
City Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (149)scenic view (129)fit for foodies (122)neighborhood gem (103)vibrant bar scene (93)great for outdoor dining (84)good for groups (80)romantic (65)great for lunch (38)notable wine list (33)hot spot (28)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)Show More
- great happy hour birthday!realrodDined on 7/11/2014My birthday dinner turned into two"happy" hours at one of the most vibrant restaurant bars in the Boca area. Two glasses of a nice pinot noir, mussels, crab cake and a loaf of bread. No room for what is always a great sit down in the dining room. A thoroughly great evening out and one we will gladly repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodseclawVIPDined on 7/10/2014This was our third visit - great food but mediocre service, for the second time. Not terrible, a nice enough waiter, but inattentive and slow. But the fish is terrific, which is why we keep going back.Special Features:
- Great fooddining2Dined on 7/9/2014Not the cheapest, but fantastic food and great service. Noisy so not a romantic night, but great for meeting up with friends. Make sure you book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeGingerVIPDined on 7/7/2014As always, we had a terrific meal. You can always count on fresh food, high quality and a welcoming staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceEZfloraDined on 7/5/2014Excellent in every category. Beautiful -- top notch service, healthy, fresh and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as ALWAYS!SharonDined on 7/5/2014I have dined at City Fish Market MANY times and the service is excellent, the food awesome and consistently so. All in all, one of my top spots to dine! Don't miss it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always fabulouscruzerVIPDined on 7/3/2014City Fish Market never disaappoints. We sat outside so had a great view of the lake. This is one of the few restaurants that knows how to prepare fish. Always fresh and never overcooked. Our server Debbie recognized us from prior visits and is a gem. Management cares and it shines through. Love,love, love this restaurant. It can get noisy inside at peak hours, but if the weather Is nice sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour at the BarBarFlyDined on 7/2/2014Nice appetizer choices, musical entertainment, good drinks, very busy so get there early if you want seats..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Very pretty restaurant. Food was good. Prices a little high for what they give you. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Great SeafoodBocamomDined on 6/27/2014The food is great here. My lobster couldn't have been sweeter. The sides and salads are really good too..with service always good. The place is a bit noisy, but that's because the place is huge and gets really crowded. My only complaint here, and it does bother me, is that they don't let you substitute sides and charge you $5.50 for them. Many dishes come with green beans and mashed sweet potatoes. The green beans are way too greasy and the sweet potatoes great, but you want a baked potato you pay $5 bucks for it. They Nickole and dime you several places on the menu and it's bush league for a place with these prices. It's not cheap. This said the food is really good and I will be back again and again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014$7.50 for side of asparagus was too much money. Fish was very very goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/26/2014all we can say is the food and service is great. consistently top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible dining experienceFoodmaveninBocaDined on 6/22/2014We had previously visited City Fish Market in Boca Raton on two separate occasions. We decided to take our out-of-town guests last Sunday evening. The third time was NOT the charm! Service was inattentive. Food took a long time to get to the table even after our server said it was up in the kitchen and ready. Three out of four dishes were horrendous. Dover sole portion was so small it was ridiculous. A special -- fried yellowtail snapper was the whole fish too big for the plate. I asked them to take it back,remove the head and the tail and debone it. It came back looking like someone had hacked it into pieces -- that were totally dried out. No attempt by management to make up for the bad dinner. NEVER AGAIN!
- Enjoyed our eveinglindaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Always excellent, good food & service Reservation honoredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSwicketDined on 6/21/2014Dining at the City Fish Market was an awesome experience! The menu was extensive which was surprising. My wife is a chef so it's hard to get a positive reaction but she was surprised with the service food and the apple crumb cake was sooooo good! She had the Key lime pie which was also delicious!! I would recommend this eatery to all of my friends!! It's worth the cash!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentCarolVIPDined on 6/20/2014This is a great restaurant that consistently offers great service and food. The Dover Sole is fantastic!Special Features:
- A little rushedFtLauderdaleDinerDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed our favorite dishes once again at City Fish Market. However, the server had barely cleared the salad plate when the entrees were whooshed down in front of us. We did not enjoy the feeling that we were being rushed through our meal. Also, the live band in the bar area was a little loud for other diners. As with many other restaurants, City Fish needs to decide if they are a restaurant or a night club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeOzCanUsDined on 6/20/2014Although the waiter was very pleasant and attentive, he did not advise that the spiced tuna steak main course did not come with any sides except one half of a boiled potato which the tuna covered. My wife's salmon was sent back for heating since it arrived somewhat cool - the manager took care of that since he passed by first. The chocolate dessert was delicious and the quantity large; the bread was out of this world. But overall, somehow this meal did not reach the perfection of our prior visit a few months ago. I feel the menu is heavy on the alcohol and wine (which we do not imbibe) and light on variety of appetizers. A bouillabaisse, for example, would draw me back in an instant.Special Features:
- MehBJohnsonDined on 6/18/2014Don't order the filet mignon unless you really like salt. Everything else I ordered was just meh.Special Features:
- TCNCVIPDined on 6/18/2014We were seated in main dining room. We had drinks and then ordered the mussels as an appetizer. One of the reasons we went was for this dish. We were then going to order dinner. It was 6:35 and were told they ran out of mussels. What restaurant runs out of a dish at 6:35pm. We decided then to just go to the bar and order some appetizers. On the way to the bar we saw a manager and asked why they would run out of mussels so early. His reply was that he was in charge of the front of the house. then saw a manager in front and again asked this question. His reply was that they didn't like the way they looked so didn't bring them in. I find this hard to believe. This is a fish restaurant with fresh fish probably brought in daily.Special Features:
- something for everyoneLuxCheriDined on 6/15/2014Loved the vast array of choices for fresh seafood. Impressed with variations on how entrees are prepared. We had calamari done two ways and sword fish prepared two ways. Every dish was unique and flavorful. Crab cakes were my favorite and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood RestaurantluvseafoodDined on 6/14/2014I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family. Waiter was Fantastic, seafood was great and good choices.Special Features:
- Nice classy placelikes2dineDined on 6/14/2014The entire dining experience from the valet parking to dessert was professional and pleasant. Prices are high, but the service and food was very good. The place is very loud, not a quiet romantic dinner with candlelight. I would return, but it has to be for a special occasion versus a casul night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoJoVIPDined on 6/13/2014Good as usual. The hog snapper was a wonderful surprise and very tasty!Special Features:
- fresh fishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014daily fish specials. fresh fish prepared the way you wantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DukeDined on 6/10/2014Excellent food and service. Very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- YumYumDined on 6/10/2014I was slightly disappointed. I had eaten here two nights prior and enjoyed the entire experience. On this occasion my party was seated on the lower lever near the fountain. The view was fine, but for some reason the noise level was much higher than it was on my previous visit although the number of people present appeared to be relatively the same. Our server, Tom was excellent as was Lily who served us previously. The staff is uber-attentive and knowledgable about the entire menu and specials. I had the seafood Newburd au gratin. I had it two nights ago and enjoyed it immensely. This time, it repeated on me throughout the night. Perhaps a tad too much garlic. The taste was fine, but I paid for it all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food nice atmospheretennisgirlDined on 6/10/2014You can get any kind of fish you want at The City Fish Market and they will prepare it any way you want! Kale salad is especially yummy and the servings are quite generous.Special Features:
- A Treat For The PalaterYumYumDined on 6/8/2014City Fish Market is a gem. The staff is knowledgable and friendly. They cater to your every need. It is obvious that they relay special requests to the chef and each dish is tailored to taste. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never bad food always concistantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014We been going to City fish market from day one never ever bad food it always been consistent .Every once in a while we have bad service but it will never stop us to go there .Food, ambiance views is excellent.We recommend City fish market with no doubt.Special Features:
- YorkieDined on 6/7/2014We were seated in bar area where there was a singer. The singer was good but very loud. Not good for dining. I ordered the flounder salad plate with dressing on the side. The flounder was cold and the salad had dressing. I would dine again but ask not to be seated near the bar area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobbi & Barry KoltonBobbiDined on 6/7/2014We celebrated my 80th birthday with the FL part of our family, and it was wonderful. Zee was our waiter, and he was exceptional. Food delicious, place great. Everything pleasant and great. We have been there before, and knew it was the right place for our group of 8. Thank you for making my special day special. Bobbi KoltonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- muvinonDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I have eaten here many times. The fish was fresh and cooked deliciously as usual. We have never been disappointed at City Fish Market. On this night we decided to eat lightly ordering only two entres and an appetizer which we shared. My wife had some questions about substitution of an accomneyment and the price of an off menu item. All of this seemed to be an annoyance to our waiter who became very curt and seemed to become more annoyed when we declined to order dessert or coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great place gone bad.CorbinDined on 6/5/2014This was one of our favorite fish places in the area. Sadly this time was a huge disappointment. Service was average at best. Dinner was ok. Desserts all got sent back. The manager then stood and argued about the quality of the dessert, basically calling 4 guests liars... Cause he thought the desserts were amazing. His idea of making this right was to send us out 4 more of the same desserts, which we declined, and he argued once more about us taking the desserts. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- Food was very goodMFoyVIPDined on 6/4/2014We all liked our meals. Fish did taste very fresh. Kids menu was unexpectedly nice and reasonable. Server was OK and food came out slow.Special Features:
- Not my fave...suzanneVIPDined on 6/4/2014This restaurant is one of my husband's favorites. I, on the other hand, think it's overrated and not as good as folks say. The "fresh" fish always seems dry. Now, to be fair, I don't like sauces so I order it on the side. But, I don't think the fish should be cooked so much. So, I'm giving it just a fair rating. Plus, the noise level inside is so loud you can't have a decent conversation.Special Features:
- Reliable food at reasonable pricesocean3550VIPDined on 6/1/2014Always enjoy this restaurant.....food is reliably good, service is terrific and it's not overpriced. We had the lemon sole and the salmon Parmesan and both dishes were delicious as was the dessert of mousse cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceJandWDined on 6/1/2014It was our first time at City Fish Market even though we do not live too far. We were very pleasantly surprise and will go back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boothe/seating was a problemBarbieQVIPDined on 5/31/2014I had requested a booth- no booth. Saw a good table- told it wobbled. Requested that we could put something under legs and sit there-said they had been trying for weeks to fix it. Told a booth would soon be available-waited. Asked if we wanted to sit outside- we didn't. Then they sat party at wobbly table which was now deemed fixed without checking to see if we wanted it. Waited some more. Finally, sat at a table near the wobbly table. Lobster tail came out broiled instead of steamed- it was replaced and very nicely handled. However, we were rather turned off already after our long wait. It was a frustrating evening.
- Great diningpartyplannerDined on 5/31/2014The staff was so efficient and welcoming in the celebration of my father's 81st birthday....A great place to celebrate an event! Thank you, City FishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.