Ken & Sue's
636 Main Avenue
Durango, CO 81301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ken & Sue's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kenandsues.com/
- Phone: 9703851810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ken Fusco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Ken & Sue's
Be Our Guest! Owners Ken & Sue Fusco welcome you to their casual, fine dining restaurant. Enjoy great food and great service, all in a comfortable atmostphere. Their American Bistro menu has something for everyone. We promise you'll feel right at home at our place whether just enjoying a night out on the town or a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ken & Sue's - Best Restaurants in Durango ›
Ken & Sue's reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (68)romantic (64)great for outdoor dining (62)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (36)hot spot (22)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Superb Dining Experienceluv4wineDined on 5/2/2014Our family of four made reservations for dinner on a Friday night. We loved the ambiance and the food was delicious. We enjoyed a signature cocktail and a bottle of wine as well - all were wonderful. The waitress made a special effort to make our evening memorable as we were celebrating a graduation. She went as far as creating a custom graduation card using a photograph she took. The evening was one to remember - we highly recommend Ken and Sue's. And reservations for dinner are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014I had a special table request and the manager was very accommodating. The service was friendly and attentive. Excellent menu and food. Onene of e best restaurants in Durango.Special Features:
- Ken and Sues is a local faveLoloDined on 4/27/2014HI there, Ken and Sue's is a wonderful choice in Durango, Colorado for lunch or dinner, special occasions especially, or just spur of the moment. You will find friendly, "real" waitstaff, great local sourced foods, and an adequately extensive wine list. Whereas many restaurants that serve top quality gourmet food, the waitstaff can often be uppity, you will not find that at Ken and Sue's, just good food, fair prices and great service. Thanks~~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Durango GemstimpyDined on 4/26/2014This was our first time at Ken&Sue's. We have dined at many fine restaurants in Durango, this was by far our best experience thus far. From the scallop appetizers to the main course (halibut & filet mignon), everything was superb! One of Durango's best! The food was cooked to perfection. Reservations are a must. Tables are close together, so not very ideal for a truly romantic, quiet evening. Will return here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!Foodie55VIPDined on 4/24/2014Fantastic new appetizers. . .scallops with brussel sprouts and bacon slaw and pork belly with spicy kimchee. Very creative, lovely presentation and delicious. Our server was friendly. Provided us with wine samples to help us with our selection. Perfect degree of attention.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Great food, great service. I believe our waitress was named Summer and she was great. Really enjoyed the food, we love Ken and Sue's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in DurangoVburrDined on 4/16/2014What a gem of a restaurant in Durango, CO, the service (By Wilson), ambience, great wine & food, what a fun evening. Don't miss the wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eatsthree4dinnerDined on 4/8/2014we were greeted kindly and taken to our reserved table, even being 1/2 hour early. the food was amazing, and service was excellent. the ambience was perfect. made for an excellent night out with the family while on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodDonaldDined on 4/6/2014We've never been disappointed. We especially like the seared tuna appetizer and the cheesecake, but we also like many of the main courses. This is one of the 3 best restaurants in Durango in our estimation.Special Features:
- Ken and Sue's DurangoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014We brought some out of town friends for another great evening at Ken and Sue's. Our veggie friend and our meat eaters all had a great meal. The grouper was awesome and so was the chicken. Interesting special banana cream pie ice cream dessert was fun. Service was professional and as usual, Durango friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMerlinDined on 4/3/2014Overall, the experience was great as our friends enjoyed the food and ambiance. The food, particularly the Cobb Salad, was a surprise, a bit too spicy and not looking like a Cobb Salad. Must be fusion food. Still, good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014We had heard about Ken & Sue's but had never been there. It was terrific - food was great, knowledgable staff, robust wines, and amazingly affordable! Loved the flatbread with caper & salmon appetizer. Worth the wait... Best to make a reservation. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014Great food, great service, never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Quality you can count on!LovesDurangoDined on 3/31/2014Great selection and always good quality, delicious food. Friendly and Helpful Servers. So happy they take reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2014The service was incredible as always, best service in town, food is so good! Love all the pictures we've gotten from there for birthdays,anniversaries, so much fun for special occasions! Can't go wrong picking Ken and Sues ever!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a big fanJimsCrewVIPDined on 3/29/2014We have been to Ken & Sue's multiple times and plan to return. However, last Saturday evening was not one of their better showings. We ordered a Caesar salad to split. If there was any dressing on it, I couldn't find it. My husband ordered the special, a tenderloin filet, medium. It was well done and very chewy. I ordered the strip steak medium rare. It was medium+ and the asparagus contained all the woody ends. I never send food back, so we dealt with it. We'll be back, but hope that this was a one time event and not a trend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our eveningcowgirlDined on 3/29/2014When the filet was not up to par, it was quickly dealt with and we were brought another entrée--which was the Thai shrimp, and very delicious. Service was great. And good bread too--very important!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did just finemarvinDined on 3/28/2014We were in a hurry because we had plans after dinner. They were good to accomodate us and we got out on time. Still didn't feel too rushed. Very busy place, even at 5pm when they opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Ken & Sue's!rockinJVIPDined on 3/26/2014A consistently awesome dining experience ... enough said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent and serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Food was excellent and server was superb. We received this as dinner as a gift and it was very much enjoyed. If we lived in Durango we would be frequent customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal in Durango!OksanaVIPDined on 3/22/2014Very diverse menu with perfect portions and lively atmosphere! We loved this during our brief stay in Durango!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerTXn2SomeDined on 3/19/2014My wife and I very much enjoyed our dinner at Ken and Sue's. The steaks were great, the sides were well prepared, and the service was exemplary. We will no doubt return there on our next trip to Durango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Birthday Celebration!DurangofromAlbuquerqueDined on 3/15/2014Ken & Sue's was absolutely delicious! Each of us (4 ppl) LOVED our meals. Our waitress was very attentive and knowledgable. We were celebrating a Birthday so she brought dessert with a candle. Then they took our picture, printed it and gave it to us in a nice little keepsake. We were very impressed! Best dinner I've had in a long time. I wish I could go back often!Special Features:
- good timejaybirdDined on 3/15/2014Attended Ken and Sue's for a family celebration. The menu offers and excellent variety and the entrees were good. Disappointed in the Calamari appetizer but happy with everything else. As usual for Ken and Sue's the service was great with every friendly and helpful employees. A good place to have that special meal with person(s) you want to both impress and have an enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Fabulous!RisCatherineDined on 3/14/2014This restaurant is amazing. The food is great, the service is excellent, and even though it is on the pricey end, it is worth every penny. We sat in one of the patio "tents" and there was only two tables so it was super quiet. I've sat inside before and it is louder inside. They do a fabulous job with presentation and suggestions and everything we had was amazing. I highly recommend the creme brulee to finish off your dinner. It's to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, always.macoDined on 3/13/2014Been to Ken & Sue's at least a dozen times now. Never disappointed! And reasonable too. No need to wait for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a "go to" when in DurangobtctmooreDined on 3/10/2014We live about 60 miles from Durango but head over to shop about once a month. While there, we try to have either lunch or dinner at Ken & Sue's. Everything is good....apps, salads, soups, lunch specials and entrees. Good bar selection of beer, wine and mixed drinks too. The bread basket is awesome and so are the deserts! They are constantly adding fresh items to their menu so you never get bored with it. Service is very good too. It is a small, quaint restaurant so seating is limited. I always use Open Table to make sure we can get reservation. When the weather is nice, try their outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SatisfiedHappyWifeDined on 3/6/2014We went to Ken and Sue's for our 17th anniversary dinner, and we were thoroughly pleased with the food and service. When we told our waiter that it was our anniversary, he came back with a camera and took our picture. Then he surprised us with a photo in a special "Happy Anniversary" folder. So nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Durango GemPrefersLocalDined on 3/4/2014We arrived a few minutes early and our table was waiting. Our table was in a bay window which allowed for easy conversation with our niece. The food was well prepared and yummy, potstickers, mahi mahi with smashed sweet potatoes and spinach, and house-made ice cream for me. The ice cream was a little strange, grainy in texture. We will definitely go back the next trip to Durango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ken & Sue's is TOPSOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2014The front of the house employees (hostess, wait staff, bar staff) are always positive, attentive, prompt and friendly. We love them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014As long time residents of Durango and long time patrons of Ken and Sues', (remember dining in the 900 block)? Melanie and I greatly appreciate the warm welcome, charming environment, great food, and excellent service we always receive. Many thanks to hostess Jenna and our server Theresa for yet another memorable meal! (As well as a night off K.P. for me). Sincerely, Hal McLean.Special Features:
- Fine Durango DininggerumDined on 3/1/2014Great little place. Friendly service and delicious food!!! Nice romantic spot, great location!! We were a little disappointed that our reservation was at 5:45 pm and we were told all about the two specials, we were really excited and ordered one of the specials then the waiter came back to tell us they were out of the special we ordered!!!! At 5:45???? Seems a little early in the night to already be out of a "special". Other than that it was nice and good food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCynthiaDined on 2/21/2014Food was standard...shrimp roll and molten cake were exceptional. Prime rib was OK. Horseradish was more creamy than hot. Prime Rib was not flavorful,a bit on the dryer side. Asparagus used the ends of the stems that were stringy. Halibut was cooked excellently but had no cilantro flavor. Noise level was not "energetic" it was noisy difficult to have a conversation. Overall experience disappointing. We heard we would have a "memorable experience, and we did but not a good one.Special Features:
- Celebration FavoriteFAbFiveDined on 2/21/2014This is a favorite spot for many of our friends for special occasions and a great night out. Best food in town, easy for our gluten-free friend, warm friendly wait staff, upscale atmosphere, great location where you can walk to coffee or downtown afterwards, and the crowning touch is the photo of our group that they presented to the person of honor after our meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner was surprising1stdinner2bdayDined on 2/20/2014Excellent atmosphere for dinner date n bday. Reservations paid off for nice booth. Ordered the filet mignon n was surprised at meat quality n balance of sides. Ambience was great getaway dinner for a couple hours. Will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food / Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014Excellent value for your money. The food options were quite unique in comparison to other offerings in the Durango area. For the same quality of food I would have expected to pay at least 30-40% more per the listed menu price. This is a very good option if you're looking for some delicious food while not willing to spend an arm and a leg to taste it. I would recommend Ken & Sue's to everyone!Special Features:
- Romantic and delicioussssOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Went here on Sunday with my boyfriend, post - valentine's since reservations were impossible to get otherwise. We each ordered a cocktail, which were both uniquely made and delicious. The chef's special appetizer was soft shell crab on top of a southwestern risotto. Loved that! And then my boyfriend order the maple mustard NY strip and I got the salmon. I thought my salmon was going to be more cedar smoked, but I probably read that wrong. It was still delicious, but the maple mustard NY Strip was the most amazing! We will definitely come here again for special occasions, but it is a tad pricey. However, it was worth every dollar and could have been much more in a big city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food at a great priceKayteeDined on 2/16/2014I hate eating at nice restaurants where you have to buy each course separately. At Ken & Sue's the food is great and you get more than enough for the price. And speaking of price, they don't overcharge. All in all, the food is great, the service is good, and the price is fantastic. Oh..get the crème brulee for dessert! Wine list is limited but they don't overcharge for that either...maybe a markup of double the cost at a local wine store, which is not bad considering what some other restaurants charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Born2BrewDined on 2/16/2014We had a wonderful evening! The service was excellent and the food was delicious and beautifully presented. We have no complaints at all! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backDianaDined on 2/16/2014One of my favorite Durango restaurants. Great food that's always well prepared and creatively dressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.