Ken & Sue's
636 Main Avenue
Durango, CO 81301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ken & Sue's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kenandsues.com/
- Phone: 9703851810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ken Fusco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Ken & Sue's
Be Our Guest! Owners Ken & Sue Fusco welcome you to their casual, fine dining restaurant. Enjoy great food and great service, all in a comfortable atmostphere. Their American Bistro menu has something for everyone. We promise you'll feel right at home at our place whether just enjoying a night out on the town or a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ken & Sue's - Best Restaurants in Durango ›
Ken & Sue's reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (66)romantic (63)great for outdoor dining (61)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (34)hot spot (21)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- CarlaDined on 7/11/2014year after year we return to Durango and the FIRST place we dine is at Ken and Sue's...service, quality of food is always spectacular!Special Features:
- Still yummy.DesertDogoodDined on 7/11/2014Both times we've eaten recently at Ken and Sue's, we've had an early reservation. Both times the food was excellent. the first time we ate inside, the second out on their lovely patio, and the service was measurably slower. I'm not sure what happened, but it took maybe 15 minutes to get a beer glass, and the salad came maybe 20 minutes after the drinks and maybe the main course was another 20 minutes in the making. You could find worse places to wait, and the waitress was thoroughly pleasant, but my husband goes early to avoid the rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new "go to" dining restaurantTabletopDined on 7/10/2014We made our reservation on line, arrived on time (it was busy with a line) we were immediately escorted to our table which was set for two including water. Leslie, our server was attentive, available, friendly, and knowledgeable about her menu. Nice wine list - used Riedel wine glasses - the proper Chardonnay glass for my wife, proper Pinot noir glass for myself - was immediately noticed. Menu had imagination - loved the lobster quesadilla's. Good food, great service, nice atmosphere - we will return on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Excellent dining experience; food, desert and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Wine ListsfelindDined on 7/5/2014Although there was decent wines to choose from the list was certainly not much to brag about and not too sure how they get awards for their list?Special Features:
- You'll eat well.DesertDogoodDined on 7/3/2014Good food is at the top of our requirements for dining, and Ken and Sue's fits this perfectly. The food is fresh, imaginatively prepared but never needlessly overdone. This time I had the salmon cooked on a cedar plank, and my husband had the rib-eye. We shared a delicious salad. We considered returning for one of their intriguing desserts, but frankly, we were just too, full.Special Features:
- Always a great mealKayteeDined on 6/30/2014I love to eat at Ken and Sue's. It's always great food and not overly priced. The service is great but it does get busy during tourist season so make reservations!Special Features:
- Most Outstanding Experience!SaddleBrookeFoodieDined on 6/30/2014We were greeted at the door, and our OpenTable reserved table was already prepared and waiting for us. That was just the beginning of a complete dining experience you would only expect in a large city. Excellent service, excellent unique menu selections, great wine list --- the whole nine yards. You don't want to miss this one!Special Features:
- Great experience!CinCTVIPDined on 6/29/2014We enjoyed a milestone anniversary dinner which included the ahi appetizer, the tuna steak entré and a large Cobb salad along with a local beer and some wine by the glass. This was our first visit to Ken & Sue's. Our waitress provided us with a framed picture of ourselves to commemorate the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality; very nice dinner spotgoodeats911Dined on 6/27/2014I found a reservation time close to my preference for a group of 4. It was a busy wknd in DGO so glad to get a reservation here as this is only my 2nd time eating here, but I really wanted to come back, as my 1st time was great as well. I'm a foodie so I love the entre's, drink selection, & desserts. My girlfriend is GF so we were glad to see her get a substitution made w/her entre'. Although our server was pretty young & unfamiliar with a few of my questions, she did remain upbeat, helpful, polite, and attentive. All 3 of my guests loved their meals & drinks as well. Food presentation, quality, & temp was perfect for me. I had the wasabi smashers & tuna & may have a new favorite way to make mashed potatoes now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceLuvcreoleDined on 6/27/2014The server, while young, projected the proper attitude and great service with a smile. The food was outstanding enough for our family to order appetizers, entres and dessert with wine and beer. If you go to Durango you must come to this restaurant it was worth ever bite and reasonable priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinnerDiningoutDined on 6/24/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a lovely dinner at Ken & Sue's!
- Lovely Evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Service was excellent. Beautiful patio dining, however the inside dining area has a wonderful ambience. Meals were superb. I had the creme brûlée for dessert and it was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Great FoodJenngDined on 6/22/2014Seth was an outstanding server. Our food was delicious. They had a kid's menu which is always a plus when trying restaurants on a more upscale level. Get the Caprese appetizer, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- foodeliciousDined on 6/18/2014Food was excellent, as usual, with good Bar service and a great waiter (Nathan).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014I ordered the gnocchi, which I have done in the past. This service was overcooked, as was the accompanying spinach. The server was friendly and attentive. The portabello mushroom soup was a winner.Special Features:
- Best in Durango.darby149Dined on 6/14/2014Without a doubt, our favorite restaurant in Durango. The food and service are always great. Great wine selection. And unbelievably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EzgoindownDined on 6/10/2014Ken and Sue's was a pleasant experience for dinner.Service and food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tuna was the greatestShawneeDined on 6/7/2014Always enjoy the fine tuna...only alittle cooked. Asian slaw not as good as before...not much punch. Also, would be good to be able to substitute for all the bread that comes with the fish. Fish sauce was so good and my husband used it on his chicken as well.Special Features:
- Local GemcarleenDined on 6/6/2014Excellent food with great prices. Ken & Sue's has everything from amazing cuisine to ambience. Beautiful interior to great outdoor dining. They meet or exceed every need from a romantic experience to welcoming children. Somehow they make it all work!Special Features:
- Vacation regulartraveldinerDined on 6/5/2014Ken and Sue's is the best restaurant in Durango. It has the two most important qualities: excellent quality food and consistency. Every time we dine there, the food quality is unchanged. No doubt this is due to the consistent leadership of the owner-chef. The back patio is the best ambiance. The staff is personable and well trained,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything done wellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Incredible large outside patio with just enough privacy under the tents, with water features and greenery! Great selection of light fare to filling. Super good service with the right amount of friendly. But...don't order the white chocolate cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurant!vagypsygirlVIPDined on 6/2/2014This is a local favorite that is also quite popular among the tourists! The menu items are varied and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal there!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014The drinks -two martinis were watered down as if they had sat in the shaker too long. There was no salt or sugar on the rim as indicated on the menu and they were so full that we couldn't drink them without spilling. The food, potstickers , tuna and two ancho shrimp crusted salads tasted old as if they had been in the refrigerator too long. The salads were very inconsistent. One had lots of mango and the other had virtually none. I think perhaps their menu is too extensive and they are unable to go through things fast enough to keep them fresh.Special Features:
- FavoritetexasDined on 5/31/2014Always stop here when in Durango. Suggest making reservations far in advance as possible!Special Features:
- First choiceErk5Dined on 5/29/2014I've been in Durango for about 4 years cumulatively now and Ken and Sue's remains my favorite restaurant in town. It's my first choice when going out with friends and has become a staple stop for my mother as well whenever she visits. The quality of the food and large menu are enough to bring anyone in, but I belive it's the additional charisma and vibrancy of the staff that's ultimately responsible for so many return customers. They work hard, and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Durango gemstablebumDined on 5/29/2014One of our top meals in Durango! The bar service was quick, the cocktails were great. The wine list was impressive. Our waiter was friendly & professional. I had the homemade pasta & chicken parm, it was so good. My husband had the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon - a winner! Generous portions, lively & not too expensive. Keep it up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant outdoor patio. Enjoyable.Mlr68Dined on 5/26/2014We enjoyed our meal at Ken and Sue's. Nice outdoor patio with pleasant servers and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/25/2014After pointing out a table I the rear that was being cleaned, would be ours in a few minutes, 10 minutes later we were seated at a table at the end of the bar. Very uncomfortable table as people sitting at the bar hovered over us. Service was poor for a restaurant with this level of recommendation. My last time here
- Great ServiceDemiDined on 5/24/2014Our experience at Ken and Sue's was terrific. The food was fresh, healthy and delicious. The service was excellent with great suggestions on local beer, dishes and where to go for other types of good and experiences while in Durango. We will definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeWDined on 5/21/2014Ken & Sue’s provided wonderful dining experience from reception to departure. Efficient, attentive, but not overpowering, the service was awesome. Our booth provided a sense of privacy, but not isolation. Our meals were top notch. Fresh, inovative, delicious! The costs, wow all this was quite affordable.Special Features:
- The following 440 reviews are from the Ken & Sue's reviews archive.
- Best in DurangoMmmollyDined on 5/18/2014The food was outstandingly delicious and the wine list was impressive. We made the mistake of trying others in town and none could match our meal at Ken & Sue's.Special Features:
- Okay experienceBorn2BrewDined on 5/11/2014Ken & Sue's had become my favorite Durango restaurant. I went with my wife for Mother's Day and felt the experience was sub-par to previous visits. I'm not exactly sure what was different but instead of the usual outstanding service and food, both were just okay.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food and service was great at Ken and Sues. We were dinning with small children and they were very patient and accommodating. I look forward to the next time I get to dine at Ken and SuesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The food was great and we loved our waitress! We celebrated our 11th Anniversary and our waitress took a picture for us. We would come here againSpecial Features:
- Great food excellent servicebballyDined on 5/7/2014The food was fantastic and served with style. Many Owings hard to choose just one item Great job by the chef and the staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will be back....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Loved the food, people were very nice and friendly....i would definitely come again....one of my favorite dinning experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OK, but nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014This is not my first dining experience with Ken & Sue's. We ate here for dinner on 05/06/14. We were greeted warmly and seated quickly. The staff were friendly and helpful with suggestions. I chose pasta with chicken; she chose Salmon. The Salmon was good and properly prepared. The pasta was good, a little soupy with marinara. However, the chicken which was layered on top in four pieces, was way overcooked and very tough. Mostly it was placed aside and a big disappointment. The chef needs to not overcook meats so that they are juicy and flavorful. This was not. This is not a bad place to eat, but there are better choices. It's somewhat unremarkable. The ambiance of the restaurant is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2014We had reservations for four and ended up with five folks. They were very gracious and moved us to another table to accommodate our party. Food is always excellent, staff is great...I LOVE the scallops on Tuesday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitLuvseafoodDined on 5/3/2014Our 2nd dinner, somewhat underwhelmed this time. Dishes were heavily spiced and salads were overdressed. Staff service was still attentive,Special Features: