Ken & Sue's
636 Main Avenue
Durango, CO 81301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ken & Sue's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kenandsues.com/
- Phone: 9703851810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ken Fusco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Ken & Sue's
Be Our Guest! Owners Ken & Sue Fusco welcome you to their casual, fine dining restaurant. Enjoy great food and great service, all in a comfortable atmostphere. Their American Bistro menu has something for everyone. We promise you'll feel right at home at our place whether just enjoying a night out on the town or a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ken & Sue's - Best Restaurants in Durango ›
Ken & Sue's reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (71)romantic (64)great for outdoor dining (62)notable wine list (41)great for lunch (35)hot spot (24)good for groups (22)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Always great !!kathyDined on 7/31/2014This my favorite place to go in Durango ! They have consistently great food, and wait staff. Love this place !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandchildrenOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/31/2014A night out with grandchildren was handled very well by our waitstaff.Special Features:
- Durango Local's FavoriteJazzman3Dined on 7/28/2014We went to Ken & Sue's with my Dad (whose is retired) and his wife, who were visiting Durango from Houston, TX. They know wine, food and menus, and they can "eat anywhere" they please, so we wanted them to enjoy dinner is Durango. Menu offering, food and service was outstanding, and my wife commented to me during dinner that Ken & Sue's was her new "favorite" restaurant in Durango.Special Features:
- JaJiJuDiDined on 7/27/2014We had a wonderful evening outside. Food was wonderful (absolutely love the sautéed spinach) and waitperson was great. Marqaritas are excellent. Thanks for a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ken & Sue'sWardenDined on 7/23/2014Ken & Sue's was crowded and noisy as you would expect from a top-rated restaurant in Durango at the height of tourist season. Part of the noise issue was being seated immediately inside the front door. I think being seated away from the door might have been a little quieter experience. The food was good, but not great. The salad was enormous and quite tasty. I would try them again just to try some of their other dishes. Overall an average dining experience.Special Features:
- OutstandingPeterMacDined on 7/23/2014Our second visit here. Just as good as last year. We even had the same attentive and personable waitstaff - Christine. We look forward to the next time we are in Durango for another visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, Great foodErinVIPDined on 7/23/2014I was a woman dining alone and asked not to be stuck at an undesirable table or the bar where I would be hassled. I was given the best table in the house and was personally checked on by Sue, the owner. It was my second visit, so after the unusual and fabulous scallops with potato curls and spicy aioli starter, I went right for the crème brulee. It is the best I have had and I have tried this dessert at all the restaurants in Denver and in Durango. Then it was on to the salad with gorgonzola and walnuts with apples. I was very satisfied. On my first visit, the shrimp spring rolls were surprisingly unusual and delicious. Try it with their refreshing iced hibiscus tea. This is definitely the best restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Personable and attentive wait staff. Unfortunately, the food was not up to expectations: my scallops (daily special) was drowning in sauce and my wife's filet was tasteless and not tender. Hoping for a better finish, we ordered the molten lava cake; after the prerequisite 18 minute wait, it lacked the chocolate lava (like they forgot to add it) and was just a mound of cake. Ummm. We'll probably try something else the next time we visit Durango.
- Always satisfyingGaelenDined on 7/21/2014This is easily my 10 th time eating here, and I make it an annual event when I'm in town. The food is always great , the specials are interesting with good flavor profiles, and the cocktails and wine are plentiful and well done. They even have great choices for my toddler. It's such a comfortable environment, it just seems right for a casual night out, or a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect find for vacationerseljefeDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I have dined here three times and have never been disappointed. The waitstaff is always very personable and knowledgeable, and you can tell the restaurant puts an emphasis on that. They deliver quality food that's well-prepared and very competitive in price. We ate at Pagosa Spring's most upscale restaurant and paid $40 dollars more for a meal that was a notch or two below the quality of Ken and Sue's. We'll definitely be coming back year, after year, after year ... you get the idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Durango's BestFrequentDynerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Every aspect of our meal was great. The food was prepared well and served up hot and tasty. Would eat here again on our next trip to Durango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our go toSwedeDined on 7/19/2014We are locals and default to Ken and Sue's for those special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funny name but good foodErinVIPDined on 7/19/2014I'm in town from Denver for a trial. My husband is a vegetarian so I ordered the filet mignon with lobster--surf and turf. I found no evidence of lobster and I spit out about 1/4 of the steak because it was tough and chewy. The crème brulee on the other hand, was excellent. They added too many strawberries. It should have been just enough for a garnish, not enough to make the delicious crème taste like strawberries, but it was still excellent. The service was extremely friendly. I don't think I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StackDined on 7/13/2014Great restaurant. Nice menu, great service and ambiance.Highly recommend if you are in Durango on a vacation.Special Features:
- Fun Family DinnerLisaDined on 7/12/2014We took our 12 and 16 yr olds there on Saturday night and FINALLY had the foresight to make a reservation, so we waltzed right in. Usually we don't plan ahead and end up walking around downtown trying to find a place and are disappointed that there's "no room at the inn". I always love the ambiance there and the food is great. I found the "saturday night special" filet to be a little tough, but my son and husband had they same thing and they loved it. I usually just get a mainplate salad, which you can't go wrong, but felt like "lobster mashed potatoes" this time. Overall, very fun and special experience. Loved Ashley our waitperson too! Still my overall favorite place in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ApowellDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful fine dining at a reasonable price! Great place for date night or to celebrate a special occasion. One of my favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlaDined on 7/11/2014year after year we return to Durango and the FIRST place we dine is at Ken and Sue's...service, quality of food is always spectacular!Special Features:
- Still yummy.DesertDogoodDined on 7/11/2014Both times we've eaten recently at Ken and Sue's, we've had an early reservation. Both times the food was excellent. the first time we ate inside, the second out on their lovely patio, and the service was measurably slower. I'm not sure what happened, but it took maybe 15 minutes to get a beer glass, and the salad came maybe 20 minutes after the drinks and maybe the main course was another 20 minutes in the making. You could find worse places to wait, and the waitress was thoroughly pleasant, but my husband goes early to avoid the rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new "go to" dining restaurantTabletopDined on 7/10/2014We made our reservation on line, arrived on time (it was busy with a line) we were immediately escorted to our table which was set for two including water. Leslie, our server was attentive, available, friendly, and knowledgeable about her menu. Nice wine list - used Riedel wine glasses - the proper Chardonnay glass for my wife, proper Pinot noir glass for myself - was immediately noticed. Menu had imagination - loved the lobster quesadilla's. Good food, great service, nice atmosphere - we will return on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Excellent dining experience; food, desert and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Wine ListsfelindDined on 7/5/2014Although there was decent wines to choose from the list was certainly not much to brag about and not too sure how they get awards for their list?Special Features:
- You'll eat well.DesertDogoodDined on 7/3/2014Good food is at the top of our requirements for dining, and Ken and Sue's fits this perfectly. The food is fresh, imaginatively prepared but never needlessly overdone. This time I had the salmon cooked on a cedar plank, and my husband had the rib-eye. We shared a delicious salad. We considered returning for one of their intriguing desserts, but frankly, we were just too, full.Special Features:
- Always a great mealKayteeDined on 6/30/2014I love to eat at Ken and Sue's. It's always great food and not overly priced. The service is great but it does get busy during tourist season so make reservations!Special Features:
- Most Outstanding Experience!SaddleBrookeFoodieDined on 6/30/2014We were greeted at the door, and our OpenTable reserved table was already prepared and waiting for us. That was just the beginning of a complete dining experience you would only expect in a large city. Excellent service, excellent unique menu selections, great wine list --- the whole nine yards. You don't want to miss this one!Special Features:
- Great experience!CinCTVIPDined on 6/29/2014We enjoyed a milestone anniversary dinner which included the ahi appetizer, the tuna steak entré and a large Cobb salad along with a local beer and some wine by the glass. This was our first visit to Ken & Sue's. Our waitress provided us with a framed picture of ourselves to commemorate the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality; very nice dinner spotgoodeats911Dined on 6/27/2014I found a reservation time close to my preference for a group of 4. It was a busy wknd in DGO so glad to get a reservation here as this is only my 2nd time eating here, but I really wanted to come back, as my 1st time was great as well. I'm a foodie so I love the entre's, drink selection, & desserts. My girlfriend is GF so we were glad to see her get a substitution made w/her entre'. Although our server was pretty young & unfamiliar with a few of my questions, she did remain upbeat, helpful, polite, and attentive. All 3 of my guests loved their meals & drinks as well. Food presentation, quality, & temp was perfect for me. I had the wasabi smashers & tuna & may have a new favorite way to make mashed potatoes now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceLuvcreoleDined on 6/27/2014The server, while young, projected the proper attitude and great service with a smile. The food was outstanding enough for our family to order appetizers, entres and dessert with wine and beer. If you go to Durango you must come to this restaurant it was worth ever bite and reasonable priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinnerDiningoutDined on 6/24/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a lovely dinner at Ken & Sue's!
- Lovely Evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Service was excellent. Beautiful patio dining, however the inside dining area has a wonderful ambience. Meals were superb. I had the creme brûlée for dessert and it was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Great FoodJenngDined on 6/22/2014Seth was an outstanding server. Our food was delicious. They had a kid's menu which is always a plus when trying restaurants on a more upscale level. Get the Caprese appetizer, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- The following 459 reviews are from the Ken & Sue's reviews archive.
- foodeliciousDined on 6/18/2014Food was excellent, as usual, with good Bar service and a great waiter (Nathan).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014I ordered the gnocchi, which I have done in the past. This service was overcooked, as was the accompanying spinach. The server was friendly and attentive. The portabello mushroom soup was a winner.Special Features:
- Best in Durango.darby149Dined on 6/14/2014Without a doubt, our favorite restaurant in Durango. The food and service are always great. Great wine selection. And unbelievably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EzgoindownDined on 6/10/2014Ken and Sue's was a pleasant experience for dinner.Service and food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tuna was the greatestShawneeDined on 6/7/2014Always enjoy the fine tuna...only alittle cooked. Asian slaw not as good as before...not much punch. Also, would be good to be able to substitute for all the bread that comes with the fish. Fish sauce was so good and my husband used it on his chicken as well.Special Features:
- Local GemcarleenDined on 6/6/2014Excellent food with great prices. Ken & Sue's has everything from amazing cuisine to ambience. Beautiful interior to great outdoor dining. They meet or exceed every need from a romantic experience to welcoming children. Somehow they make it all work!Special Features:
- Vacation regulartraveldinerDined on 6/5/2014Ken and Sue's is the best restaurant in Durango. It has the two most important qualities: excellent quality food and consistency. Every time we dine there, the food quality is unchanged. No doubt this is due to the consistent leadership of the owner-chef. The back patio is the best ambiance. The staff is personable and well trained,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything done wellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Incredible large outside patio with just enough privacy under the tents, with water features and greenery! Great selection of light fare to filling. Super good service with the right amount of friendly. But...don't order the white chocolate cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurant!vagypsygirlVIPDined on 6/2/2014This is a local favorite that is also quite popular among the tourists! The menu items are varied and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal there!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014The drinks -two martinis were watered down as if they had sat in the shaker too long. There was no salt or sugar on the rim as indicated on the menu and they were so full that we couldn't drink them without spilling. The food, potstickers , tuna and two ancho shrimp crusted salads tasted old as if they had been in the refrigerator too long. The salads were very inconsistent. One had lots of mango and the other had virtually none. I think perhaps their menu is too extensive and they are unable to go through things fast enough to keep them fresh.Special Features: