Sinigual - NY
640 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Sinigual - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sinigualrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2122860250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Juan Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service, seven days a week to your home or office. Please contact Carlos Vargas for details.
A word from Sinigual - NY
Sinigual celebrates a fusion of contemporary and native flavors of Mexico. Even the name itself is a fusion of words, meaning without equal, above the rest and unique. Sinigual artfully blends the traditional and the unexpected. A pleasing palette of colors, textures and tastes that brings to life the very essence of all that Mexico celebrates. Rich culture. Delicious cuisine. Festive gatherings of family and friends. At Sinigual, you will receive unparalleled service and taste creative interpretations of nuevo classics prepared with only the freshest and finest ingredients. Dishes are designed to satisfy and surprise. Our flour tortillas are handmade, prepared fresh throughout the day and served with our fresh salsa quemada, salsa roja and signature honey butter. We invite you on a culinary journey through Mexico's past. And it's future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sinigual - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (63)great for lunch (47)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (30)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (27)hot spot (16)romantic (15)great for brunch (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Slow at first but finished strongCTFamilyDined on 2/21/2014Our reserved table wasn't ready for 20 min and then when we sat, we had to flag down a waiter after. 10-15 min. But once we did, everything was fast and delicious. Don't forget to get the freshly prepared-in-front of you avocado dip. Not our first time, and the food consistently good and authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the right spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014Diverse menu, tasty food (had the lobster quesadilla), tasty Sangria, and fun, lively atomsphere. Only downfall was the service. I don't like having to hunt down the server and preemptively ask for things to make sure we have what we need.Special Features:
- Dinner and DrinksSteveDined on 2/19/2014Great place to go for dinner, drinks and date. Pleasant staff and comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014My experience at sinigual was outstanding. It's not my first time experiencing their food, service, and great Jalapeño margaritas !!! I love their consistency with the food presentation and overall experience !!! It was a nice, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable Mexicanips6298Dined on 2/14/2014Been there for dinner & lunch with friends. Very good Mexican food & a pretty ambience, like the star-shaped lights from the ceiling. Dinner-- everything was fantastic. Lunch, the main thing I remember was ordering guac that was made fresh at the table, and we could choose the spice level we wanted, and it tasted great! Couldn't stop eating it (though it was pricey for guacamole)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spotKEI82082Dined on 2/12/2014This is a must go to every time I come to New York!Special Features:
- Great food, better drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014I just recently went to Sinigual for a celebratory dinner with friends. The food was very reasonably priced for the city. It was outstanding Mexican food. I highly recommend the Tres Marinachas, you get to sample a little of everything. The tableside guacamole was delicious and more than enough to share between 4 people. The 60 oz. sangria for $30 to split between 2 or 3 people was delicious and so cheap! I highly recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good and the serviceJiyonVIPDined on 2/7/2014Food is good and the service is great. Varied menu always works for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor After ServiceConZDined on 2/7/2014Very Rude When They Rush To Clean Up The Table.. They Just Look @ the Table.. They don't Even Say Excuse Me. I Guess it's a Churn and Burn During M-F 12-2 PM... I have a more Peaceful Lunch Experience @ Another Mexican Lunch .. Chip..Special Features:
- ExcellentJayZDined on 2/6/2014A+ experience. The margaritas were not as good a I expected for their price. But besides that it was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDCeatingVIPDined on 2/5/2014Service was excellent. He had very helpful suggestions and recommendations. Genuinely welcoming. Fish tacos were the best I've ever had. Fresh guacamole made at the table. The room is beautifully decorated. Warm and interesting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We sat in bar area to takeLosatDined on 1/28/2014We sat in bar area to take advantage of Happy Hour drink specials. Margeritas were good $6.99 each during Happy Hour, food was ok. Scallop Ceviche was not very good, however, the other dishes were tasty. The waitress was not very attentive although she was polite. At the end of the meal she handed me someone else's charge card and bill, and my tab and card to a neighboring table. It was not a big deal, but there was not much of an apology following the mishap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food no serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014The shrimp enchiladas were five stars. The quac was good but even though o requested spicy it was mild. Our waiter took his time getting to usand never came back to ask how it was. Luckily there are so many people working that are waters were full and we didn't really need himSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Enchilada Stack is AMAZING.HmillerVIPDined on 1/23/2014The Enchilada Stack is AMAZING. I have gotten it 3 times. The staff is pleasant, and the space is great for an intimate meal or with groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incompetent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2014Food was mediocre at best but the service barely rose to the level of incompetent. The hostess was not only incompetent but was also obnoxious with an arrogant attitude.
- Food was a little coldNotsoSizzlingDined on 1/17/2014the service and ambience was very nice and the food was tasty, my "sizzling fajita supreme" was not sizzling rather it was luke warm and the rice was cold, my company was upset over the tempreture of the food other than that everything else was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annoying waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2014I reserved table close to bar but was seated towards the back. Waitress kept getting our drinks wrong & always tried to clear table when we were still trying to enjoy our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSoniaDined on 1/15/2014The margaritas were weak and artificial in flavor. The food so so. I picked this restaurant because of the attractive menu and central location to share a meal with a friend I had not seen in two years. We arrived on the early side, when the restaurant was not full. By the time we finished our meal, there were still plenty of empty tables. Yet our server hurried the meal along and, once he presented the bill, kept coming back every five minutes to collect it even though my friend had not finished her glass of wine and it was clear we were deep in conversation. There are plenty of other Mexican restaurants in Manhattan with better food, drinks and tactful service.
- Worked well for a group workEltonDined on 1/9/2014Worked well for a group work dinner. Great attentive service, good wine recommendation, and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!!DebsteamDined on 1/8/2014Food was excellent!!!! especially the guacamole!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun lunch placeRebeccaVIPDined on 1/7/2014Fun lunch place in the heart of midtown. Great for a business lunch or a meetup with friends. They have a fun margarita list, and a vast menu- highly recommend the shrimp and chicken fajitas as well as the fish tacos.....It does get a little loud, but its got a good vibe. The service is a bit slow for re-ordering drinks, the servers could be more "on it", but it is a big place and they may have to cover a lot of real estate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive, friendly, good foodNiteOutDined on 12/31/2013New Year's Eve, a friend and I had an early dinner at Sinigal. The food was surprisingly reasonable and delicious. The service was cheerful and efficient without being rushed. The atmosphere was happy. My only wish was that the music be turned down a little…but then it was New Year's Eve.Special Features:
- Quick Bite on New Year's EveNYDinerDined on 12/31/2013My friends and I needed to grab dinner before heading off to our NYE event - Sinigual to the rescue! Since it's right near my apartment and was offering their usual menu that evening, it fit the bill. Sinigual offers good Mexican food and really good cocktails in a trendy atmosphere. The service is usually pretty good, although the staff seemed a little preoccupied on NYE. I would definitely recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013I went we my coworkers and had a terrific time. The place is nice, the food was good, the only negative thing was that when I orderes my food I asked the waiter if the soft tacos were spicy and she indicates that they wasn't, however when I received my plate the steak taco was so hot that I couldn't eat it. It really upset me since I was clear with her from the beginning and told her that I don't eat spicy (hot) things at all. I told her about the problem and she did apologize but did not offer to change my plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVER PRICED. THEY NEED TOOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2013OVER PRICED. THEY NEED TO HIRE A NEW BUTCHER.. THE CHICKEN EXXTREMELY GUMMY AND NOT EATABLE.
- Be sure to make a reservationsmd223Dined on 12/20/2013Came here for the first time for lunch with a friend. We did not have a reservation, but nothing indicated to us this would be a problem. We gave the hostess our name and she said it would be no more than 10 minutes. After about 20 minutes we noticed a lot of open tables and every single person with a reservation was seated immediately. That is when I logged onto Open Table on my iPhone and saw that I could book a reservation 15 minutes from that point. I did so, was seated almost immediately, and the name we put down almost 40 minutes before still was not called. Once we sat down the food and service was excellent. We were just turned off by the level of dishonesty and poor service the hostess gave to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've visited Sinigual at leastTee7Dined on 12/18/2013I've visited Sinigual at least 10 times in the last 2 years and have never been disappointed - the food is tasty, service very courteous for NY , ambience is great too and the prices are reasonable too.Special Features:
- great place for holiday parties.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/17/2013great place for holiday parties. Consistantly good food!Special Features:
- Be careful about the check...JonathanDined on 12/13/2013They seem to have miscounted the number of drinks, coincidentally in their favor. Not sure how this happens accidentally in a computerized restaurant. Missing a drink could be human error but adding one?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The guacamole portion is abouthungrypvVIPDined on 12/13/2013The guacamole portion is about half the size it used to be. There's barely enough for two people to share. Service could definitely improve. Our server was nice enough but we couldn't find her half the time and everyone else who walked by seemed to avoid eye contact so they wouldn't have to help a table that they were not assigned to. The person who actually served the food (not our "server") may just as well have tossed the plates across the table, he was in such a hurry. If the restaurant is busy and the staff is feeling overwhelmed, the diners shouldn't have to feel that energy. We frequent the restaurant since it's across the street from our offices but will think twice after this last dining experience.
- The ambience was very nicedine4funDined on 12/13/2013The ambience was very nice and it is a good place for a business lunch or a lunch date. I recommend the guacamole. However the entrees are not worth the cost. My friend ordered a wrap and there was barely any chicken on it. It was mostly iceberg lettuce. My fish tacos were pretty good.
- Nice Mexican!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/6/2013One of the better upscale Mexican places in Manhattan. 3-4 blocks from Grand Central with a very relaxed ambiance. Totally appropriate for work/business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cool spotojs3Dined on 12/2/2013Convenient location...great drinks for the price. Guacamole is also goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guac was a real let downRachelDined on 11/29/2013The food was so-so apart from the guac, which was horrible - arrived warm and flavorless. It also was not made at the table, so I wonder if it was sitting out for awhile before it got to us.Special Features:
- Inattentive ServiceQwertVIPDined on 11/29/2013While the food was good at this restaurant the service was very poor. After approximately 15 minutes a server placed tortillas and sauce on our table but it was a full twenty minutes before a waiter acknowledged us. Once we were served the wait service continued to be inattentive. My beverage was empty before the meal arrived and no refill was offered. I proceeded to drink my water which was depleted with no refill. At last I drank water from my daughter's kiddy cup.
- Below ExpectationLondondinerDined on 11/24/2013Being a visitor from London, I had been recommended this Mexican by a local New Yorker. We had booked for 8.30pm on Sunday and clearly they were rushing us so they could go home as they close by 10pm. The tableside prepared guacamole was not prepared tableside. It came ready prepared. The accompanying taco chips had a stale oil smell but on complaining, the waiter quickly replaced them with edible ones. The shrimp salad was excellent and the chicken enchiladas was moderate. Expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and locationRKKNYCDined on 11/21/2013My 4 friends and I have trouble finding a conveniently located restaurant with a table for 5 with good food and reasonable prices. This fits the bill. This is the 2nd time we've eaten here, and it was a bit loud this time, but not bad. The food is good. A soda, entree and a shared apetizer came to $35, including tax and tip. The waitstaff is efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Unattentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/20/2013The waiter was very unattentive. However, once the first person at our table was done eating, the bussers couldn't wait to clear EVERYONE's plate. Nevermind that I was still eating...
- Great LunchInmanDined on 11/20/2013Had a great lunch to celebrate friends 50th birhtday. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After work dinner with co workersCasperDined on 11/19/2013great time dining with co workers , good place for conversation. good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.