Sinigual - NY
640 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Sinigual - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sinigualrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2122860250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Juan Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service, seven days a week to your home or office. Please contact Carlos Vargas for details.
A word from Sinigual - NY
Sinigual celebrates a fusion of contemporary and native flavors of Mexico. Even the name itself is a fusion of words, meaning without equal, above the rest and unique. Sinigual artfully blends the traditional and the unexpected. A pleasing palette of colors, textures and tastes that brings to life the very essence of all that Mexico celebrates. Rich culture. Delicious cuisine. Festive gatherings of family and friends. At Sinigual, you will receive unparalleled service and taste creative interpretations of nuevo classics prepared with only the freshest and finest ingredients. Dishes are designed to satisfy and surprise. Our flour tortillas are handmade, prepared fresh throughout the day and served with our fresh salsa quemada, salsa roja and signature honey butter. We invite you on a culinary journey through Mexico's past. And it's future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sinigual - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (61)great for lunch (46)neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (29)vibrant bar scene (29)fit for foodies (27)romantic (14)hot spot (14)great for brunch (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great selection of tequilas;OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/16/2009Great selection of tequilas; super mojitos. Tableside preparation of guacomole a bit kitsch but the end product was superb, great balance of spice and piquance.Special Features:
- The food at Sinigual is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2009The food at Sinigual is very good, and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive. This is my second time, and I've enjoyed the food both times.Special Features:
- This was nmy first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/14/2009This was nmy first time to the restaurant - food was ok. I would give it a second chance
- The food was really good andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/6/2009The food was really good and the service was great. Our waitress was very attentive and really nice.
- Good food and drink. PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 1/3/2009Good food and drink. Place needed to be smaller, if the same people had been in half the space, the ambiance would have been 10 times better.
- Incredibly good food!! VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2008Incredibly good food!! Very fun atmosphere! Great find!Special Features:
- It can get quite crowded duringRockStarVIPDined on 12/30/2008It can get quite crowded during the lunch rush, so I suggest a reservation if you go after 12p. Food has always been great. Nice buzz in the dining room at dinner time. Nice bar area as well.Special Features:
- For the price you honestlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2008For the price you honestly cannot beat it by the Grand Central Station area! It's a fun place to be with fun food. The food was very, very, good. The atmosphere is fun. Music playing. Try the fresh made guacamole dip. That was very, very, good!Special Features:
- Will definitely return; familyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2008Will definitely return; family loved it. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- I liked it but it is reallypzadraVIPDined on 12/16/2008I liked it but it is really too noisy during the early evening to carry on a basic conversation. It gets a big bar crowd that was spilling on to our dining space. They should lower the music and perhaps the place can calm down a bit. the food is good and portions generous. the prices reasonable.
- Sinigual was very loud. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2008Sinigual was very loud. We smelled when we left the restaurant, it has TERRIBLE ventilation. I had the "sizziling" fajita, and there was nothing sizziling about it, it was some grilled veggetables with a sliced chicken breast placed on top. I dont think I'll be back.
- Great exerience! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/12/2008Great exerience! The food was delicious and the service was perfection! Our waiter was so attentive. The menu offers a creative spin on basic mexican dishes.Special Features:
- Great food and a lively scene.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/12/2008Great food and a lively scene. Service was great as were the margaritas. I would and will definitely return!Special Features:
- The service was a bit spottyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/12/2008The service was a bit spotty and the servers were not very knowledgeable of the menu. I had to ask for water 3 times. The scene is a bit "bridge and tunnel". The food was good, but nothing memorable. Was a cool scene and a lively bar scene in the earlier hours and died out after 9pm. Overall, I don't feel a great need to return.Special Features:
- I wish I could say I lovedRSMMathewsVIPDined on 12/12/2008I wish I could say I loved this place. It's great looking, the waitstaff are very good. But I found the food amazingly boring for Mexican. We even ordered the guacamole spicy and it wasn't. Bland food and $92.00 later lunch for two didn't really lift my spirits.
- when we sat down we were broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/10/2008when we sat down we were brought warm homemade torilla with a few house salsas. we started with the tableside made guacamole which was fresh and delicious. the steak sizzling fajitas were wonderful and the gold margaritas were perfect. would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food was presented very beautifullyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/9/2008Food was presented very beautifully. The service was excite. Cannot wait to bring some friends from Dallas to this place.Special Features:
- I was very impressed withGramercygirlVIPDined on 12/6/2008I was very impressed with my dinner and the service here. All the staff and incredibly welcoming and friendly and the food is quite good. Mexican with a bit of a originality. Their drinks are nice portions as well.Special Features:
- The food was good, but theMayraVIPDined on 11/1/2008The food was good, but the music was horrid and loud.
- We had a great dinner howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2008We had a great dinner however I ordered two drinks and they didnt have the ingredients for either drink. Overall it was very good.Special Features: