Sinigual - NY
640 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Sinigual - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sinigualrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2122860250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Juan Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service, seven days a week to your home or office. Please contact Carlos Vargas for details.
A word from Sinigual - NY
Sinigual celebrates a fusion of contemporary and native flavors of Mexico. Even the name itself is a fusion of words, meaning without equal, above the rest and unique. Sinigual artfully blends the traditional and the unexpected. A pleasing palette of colors, textures and tastes that brings to life the very essence of all that Mexico celebrates. Rich culture. Delicious cuisine. Festive gatherings of family and friends. At Sinigual, you will receive unparalleled service and taste creative interpretations of nuevo classics prepared with only the freshest and finest ingredients. Dishes are designed to satisfy and surprise. Our flour tortillas are handmade, prepared fresh throughout the day and served with our fresh salsa quemada, salsa roja and signature honey butter. We invite you on a culinary journey through Mexico's past. And it's future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sinigual - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (66)great for lunch (50)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (25)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (22)romantic (13)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Interesting decor, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009Interesting decor, great food and really great service! Loved it and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Dinner was very good - theyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Dinner was very good - they really are very different from the other Mexican restaurants in the city in terms of taste. The service was good as well.
- I really liked this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009I really liked this place. I went on Valentine's Day and when I first saw it, it looked like a chain restaurant but the decoration, menu and service made the difference. It is big and cozy at the same time. The food is great! I felt it was a bit pricey but, hey! It's New York City. It was worth it.Special Features:
- Food was great, service prompt.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/13/2009Food was great, service prompt. Nice variety of tequilas.Special Features:
- Noise level deafening at frontanonVIPDined on 2/13/2009Noise level deafening at front bar, but quieter in rear of restaurant. Food was lukewarm in temperature, water drops were on my wine glass. Food was mediocre!Special Features:
- The staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2009The staff was very friendly and helpful. We all enjoyed our food, especially the BBQ shrimp appetizer. We all agreed we'd be happy to return. However, it was difficult to find with the "official" address of 150 E. 42nd when in fact stating E 41st St and 3rd Ave would have been better. We all got lost trying to find the place.Special Features:
- Went for lunch with friendsDeensoVIPDined on 2/11/2009Went for lunch with friends because we all work nearby. Seems to be aspiring to be a fine-dining spot, but service was spotty. Menu slightly misleading as well. I ordered a skirt steak torta and got a sandwich on Italian hero bread smeared with some tiny bits of vegetables and about 2 ounces of meat. They cleared some of our dishes while others were still eating. Asked for water and got a glass of seltzer. Good guacamole, prepared tableside, but overall, a bit disappointing.
- Very spacious restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/6/2009Very spacious restaurant. Excellent fried ice cream! This was a great new find.Special Features:
- So good! The decor is gorgeoushungrybunnyDined on 2/6/2009So good! The decor is gorgeous with the lights above and the wooden walls.. The food was great. I went with a friend who go the rellene (sp?) and I got the fish tacos. Wait time for food was about 20 min, and the portions were just right. Yum! :)Special Features:
- Food was delicious. I haddenise0628Dined on 2/5/2009Food was delicious. I had the lobster quisadia appetizer which was more than enough for a meal. I took home a doggy bag which my husband and I finished up the next day.Special Features:
- I was really surprised atOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/4/2009I was really surprised at how much I enjoued Sinigual. We all get different items and they were all very tasty. They have a nice selectioin of Margeritas and great guacamole. Be warned that it is a tad pricey for Mexican food.Special Features:
- While the food was probablymalpaDined on 1/31/2009While the food was probably just as good as at Dos Caminos, the decor was a bit "fake pot plant", and ambience was definitely that of a chain restaurant brought over from the Mid West. Eg: waiter left a little card on the table with his name on it which was not cool. I was half expecting a free soup and salad to turn up. In summary: Not sophisticated enough for Manhattan, and had just a little touch of TGI-Fridays to it.
- Good portions of decidelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/30/2009Good portions of decidely average food. Acceptable for lunch dining and, while not ridiculously expensive, not worth the cost (dinner for 2, $120 w/tip).
- I really like this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2009I really like this restaurant - have been for lunch and dinner. A little pricey but not too much so - the portions are appropriately sized and the food is delicious. It is very pretty. The only thing I didn't like is that there is very loud music - playing all the time and I felt it took away from the dining experience. Highly recommend.
- This was the best Mexican2TravelDined on 1/24/2009This was the best Mexican Food we have had anywhere. We were a group of six and this restaurant exceeded all our expectations. We can't wait to go back. Prices were reasonable and atmosphere sophisticated but not stuffy.Special Features:
- We did not expect much & itCookaholicDined on 1/23/2009We did not expect much & it was much better than we had anticipated. The food was pretty good, quite a large menu & the portions were extremely generous. Our service was poor, but I think it was only this one waiter.
- So, I've been here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2009So, I've been here several times now. My advice . . . skip the traditional fare and go with the specials. They tend to be a bit more pricey, but are really worth it. Standard mexican fare is just average, truthfully, as is the Guacamole (pricey). However, I had an absolutely delightful Tuna dish that was perfectly cooked (rare) with some excellent spices - delicious.Special Features:
- Upscale Mexican at its best.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2009Upscale Mexican at its best. Great good, and attentive service.
- Maybe it's the times or perhapsVtmoesDined on 1/17/2009Maybe it's the times or perhaps the timing on Saturday night (early - 7pm) in mid-town on a long weekend, but Sinigual was deserted. The food was really overall very good, but we all went crazy without any normal chips and salsa - whatever they provided as chips and salsa was shockingly weak. Who's ever heard of going to a Mexican restaurant that didn't serve salsa and chips? The gucamole was excellent, but again, what was provided as chips was extremely disappointing. If they could fix their salsa and chips shortcoming, everything else was very good.Special Features:
- Great selection of tequilas;OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/16/2009Great selection of tequilas; super mojitos. Tableside preparation of guacomole a bit kitsch but the end product was superb, great balance of spice and piquance.Special Features:
- The food at Sinigual is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2009The food at Sinigual is very good, and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive. This is my second time, and I've enjoyed the food both times.Special Features:
- This was nmy first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/14/2009This was nmy first time to the restaurant - food was ok. I would give it a second chance
- The food was really good andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/6/2009The food was really good and the service was great. Our waitress was very attentive and really nice.
- Good food and drink. PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 1/3/2009Good food and drink. Place needed to be smaller, if the same people had been in half the space, the ambiance would have been 10 times better.
- Incredibly good food!! VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2008Incredibly good food!! Very fun atmosphere! Great find!Special Features:
- It can get quite crowded duringRockStarVIPDined on 12/30/2008It can get quite crowded during the lunch rush, so I suggest a reservation if you go after 12p. Food has always been great. Nice buzz in the dining room at dinner time. Nice bar area as well.Special Features:
- For the price you honestlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2008For the price you honestly cannot beat it by the Grand Central Station area! It's a fun place to be with fun food. The food was very, very, good. The atmosphere is fun. Music playing. Try the fresh made guacamole dip. That was very, very, good!Special Features:
- Will definitely return; familyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2008Will definitely return; family loved it. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- I liked it but it is reallypzadraVIPDined on 12/16/2008I liked it but it is really too noisy during the early evening to carry on a basic conversation. It gets a big bar crowd that was spilling on to our dining space. They should lower the music and perhaps the place can calm down a bit. the food is good and portions generous. the prices reasonable.
- Sinigual was very loud. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2008Sinigual was very loud. We smelled when we left the restaurant, it has TERRIBLE ventilation. I had the "sizziling" fajita, and there was nothing sizziling about it, it was some grilled veggetables with a sliced chicken breast placed on top. I dont think I'll be back.
- Great exerience! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/12/2008Great exerience! The food was delicious and the service was perfection! Our waiter was so attentive. The menu offers a creative spin on basic mexican dishes.Special Features:
- Great food and a lively scene.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/12/2008Great food and a lively scene. Service was great as were the margaritas. I would and will definitely return!Special Features:
- The service was a bit spottyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/12/2008The service was a bit spotty and the servers were not very knowledgeable of the menu. I had to ask for water 3 times. The scene is a bit "bridge and tunnel". The food was good, but nothing memorable. Was a cool scene and a lively bar scene in the earlier hours and died out after 9pm. Overall, I don't feel a great need to return.Special Features:
- I wish I could say I lovedRSMMathewsVIPDined on 12/12/2008I wish I could say I loved this place. It's great looking, the waitstaff are very good. But I found the food amazingly boring for Mexican. We even ordered the guacamole spicy and it wasn't. Bland food and $92.00 later lunch for two didn't really lift my spirits.
- when we sat down we were broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/10/2008when we sat down we were brought warm homemade torilla with a few house salsas. we started with the tableside made guacamole which was fresh and delicious. the steak sizzling fajitas were wonderful and the gold margaritas were perfect. would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food was presented very beautifullyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/9/2008Food was presented very beautifully. The service was excite. Cannot wait to bring some friends from Dallas to this place.Special Features:
- I was very impressed withGramercygirlVIPDined on 12/6/2008I was very impressed with my dinner and the service here. All the staff and incredibly welcoming and friendly and the food is quite good. Mexican with a bit of a originality. Their drinks are nice portions as well.Special Features:
- The food was good, but theMayraVIPDined on 11/1/2008The food was good, but the music was horrid and loud.
- We had a great dinner howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2008We had a great dinner however I ordered two drinks and they didnt have the ingredients for either drink. Overall it was very good.Special Features: