Sinigual - NY
640 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Sinigual - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sinigualrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2122860250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Juan Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service, seven days a week to your home or office. Please contact Carlos Vargas for details.
A word from Sinigual - NY
Sinigual celebrates a fusion of contemporary and native flavors of Mexico. Even the name itself is a fusion of words, meaning without equal, above the rest and unique. Sinigual artfully blends the traditional and the unexpected. A pleasing palette of colors, textures and tastes that brings to life the very essence of all that Mexico celebrates. Rich culture. Delicious cuisine. Festive gatherings of family and friends. At Sinigual, you will receive unparalleled service and taste creative interpretations of nuevo classics prepared with only the freshest and finest ingredients. Dishes are designed to satisfy and surprise. Our flour tortillas are handmade, prepared fresh throughout the day and served with our fresh salsa quemada, salsa roja and signature honey butter. We invite you on a culinary journey through Mexico's past. And it's future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sinigual - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (63)great for lunch (46)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (31)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (29)hot spot (17)romantic (15)great for brunch (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- everyone loved itsammicatVIPDined on 5/28/2014I chose Sinigual for dinner with a group of 4 friends from out of town. They loved everything about it - food, atmosphere, service - and kept telling me what a great place it was! I always worry a little when I have to choose a place - it's hard to please everyone - but Sinigual was perfect and DID please everyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/28/2014I have enjoyed the restaurant and have gone multiple times. This last time was a disaster-the waiter was terrible, the food was different and did not taste like the description. Also the waiters kept taking away things from table and I hadnt finished eating. All in all, I may not go back. Very dissapointed.Special Features:
- very goodJETTVIPDined on 5/27/2014I had the shripm fajitas and freind had tortas...both were delishSpecial Features:
- The following 820 reviews are from the Sinigual - NY reviews archive.
- Great for groupsOpenTableFanVIPDined on 5/22/2014This is my go-to place for group dinners since it is conveniently located near Grand Central and great for commuters and everybody ends up loving the food. The food never fails, portions are generous and the sangrias are great! Staff is very friendly and will accommodate any reasonable special requests. The one downside is that it does get really busy for dinner so you might have to wait a few minutes - even with a reservation but it is worth it.Special Features:
- Loud MusicFoodLoverDined on 5/20/2014Food was great, however, meeting with a former co-worker to catch-up here was not a good idea. If you want to just have good food with no talk, this place is ideal. To communicate, tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at sinigualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The food was amazing , guacamole made at the table was so good I could have just eaten it all night. Louis our waiter from cabos san lucas was so welcoming and looked after us so well...I could have taken him home! Thank you Louis and the chef !! Good job !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the guacamole and margaritasMaggieVIPDined on 5/13/2014All was good, but pease clear tables AWAY from diners, because the clang clang of dishes behind my head was too wrong. Otherwise table service was A+. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Service UnevencheapsuitesDined on 5/13/2014Although the waitress was very pleasant, it was pretty tough to get service at our table which was in the lounge and not in the dining area. I think the waitress may have been overwhelmed, but nearly every time we had to order a drink, we had to find her and track her down. At 6:30 we placed an another order, hoping to catch Happy Hour before 7pm closing and she swung back at 6:59, claiming that we had not ordered anything and that Happy Hour was closed down. It was literally 6:59 haha. We half heartedly complained and the manager gave us the go ahead, so we enjoyed another Happy Hour drink w seconds to spare. By the end of the night, we had enjoyed a lovely time with each other despite a few stumbles along the way.Special Features:
- Best guacamole in the city!!!DebbieDined on 5/13/2014I have been meeting colleagues and entertaining clients at Sinigual since 2008. Perfect place for a business lunch for people who appreciate good food for a fair price, friendly service, and the best guacamole next to your abuelita's.Special Features:
- BarbaraDined on 5/12/2014very good food. I go there often. the dishes are tasty and well presented.Special Features:
- Spot ondeezertVIPDined on 5/12/2014I made last minute reservations to this place for 2 friends and myself. I read the reviews first. We wanted something tasty but not that expensive for a quick bite. We really loved the place. It was inexpensive, tasty, great service. Really enjoyed it. Great reviews.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberGrandmomDined on 5/12/2014Service was excellent and attentive. Bar snacks great. Wine excellent. Guacamole fantastic. The rest of the dinner was so-so ---- not much flavor, shrimp in enchilada had tails still on, all was lukewarm when served. Would not go back for dinner, but would go to the bar.Special Features:
- the best part is the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/6/2014the worst part is the maître d'. i've had several unpleasant experiences with the maître d' prior to this visit but this visit was the worst of all. with more than half the tables open at 12:15 pm for lunch, they seated my friend who arrived a few minutes ahead of me right next to the kitchen. we requested to be seated else where and it took the maître d' 9 minutes (yes, i counted because of my past bad experience) to switch us to another table. this only happens with asian friends. when i visited with my non-asian friends, we got seated where we wanted and switch requests were honored immediately. if this type of upacceptable treatment continues, i'd stop making this my work lunch place, taking all my contacts with me.Special Features:
- Nice Mexican restaurantTonyPDined on 5/2/2014The service was excellent. They make their guacamole right next to your table asking how you like it (mild, medium or spicy). They were also very attentive in replenishing our drinks. The food was quite good. I was somewhat envious of my wife's lobster quesadilla (it was delicious). I had the steak and shrimp. The quantity was plentiful and it was quite good. My only gripe was how thin the steak was. I was hoping for more...substance. Either way, I didn't leave hungry and was happy with everything. I wasn't up for dessert but my wife enjoyed hers. It also looked yummy. Next time we come, I want to try their tres leches fried ice cream. All in all, I enjoyed the place. It was loud but not unbearable. Reasonable prices for Midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice foodGerbrandDined on 4/28/2014Really enjoyed dinner with my family. They offer childeren's menu. They make fresh (superb) quacamole at your table, that Goes down Well with crispy tortilla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find.IteeoffVIPDined on 4/25/2014A great lunch spot with a solid Mexican menu. Guacamole prepared at the table. I would highly recommend this as a great lunch spot especially on Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Surprise!ShaftEatsDined on 4/23/2014We went here for a late lunch on Secretary's Day. Given that the reservation was for 2:30pm, I can't say what the restaurant would be like during the lunch rush. But for our meal, it was extraordinary. The service was outstanding and we loved the whole experience. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchJaniceDined on 4/23/2014Everything was perfect .. food was very tasty and fresh .. service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican food in midtownNelaDined on 4/21/2014Good authentic food. Went there for a celebratory lunch and the service was very attentive. Table side guacamole is great, food is tasty but not too heavy. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- An upscale Chili's w gruff serviceDaveDined on 4/11/2014Food was tasty and the reservation on OpenTable was easy despite last minute on Friday evening. The bartender was sloppy and kept her bar wet and slid drinks at people. The host wanted to seat our party in bar sitting area. When asked for one of the several open booths, the request was met with disdain.Special Features:
- Not as good as last time-portions lMaggieVIPDined on 4/11/2014Although the guacamole was delicious, portions seemed to get smaller. The steak nachos also had less steak. But the margaritas were excellent although I miss having them in real margarita glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant in a great locationRKKNYCDined on 4/10/2014I've eaten here a number of times with friends. It's location by Grand Central is fantastic. While it can be noisy, the tables are not too close together. Service is good but not rushed. Food is excellent.Special Features:
- Great time with the family!Aniuta1210Dined on 4/5/2014I came to Sinigual with a rather large group. My boyfriend's and my families were meeting for the first time, and we really wanted to make sure to have dinner at a place that wasn't too loud or "trendy" but had great food. Sinigual hit the spot. The service was great and the food even better! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour argaritas, amazing GuacMaggieVIPDined on 4/5/2014Everything was yummy, the guacamole, the margaritas, the nachos. Extensive list of types of margaritas. The guacamole was homemade, the beef nachos had chunks of steak, not ground beef. The waitstaff was very attentive . I will go again, thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great service!SharonDined on 4/4/2014This just so happened to be one of those looked up Mexican places to eat and went for it without knowing anything about it and boy were we glad we tried it. Amazing food! Sangria was awesome and the service was really great! We had a party of 8 on a Friday night and they treated us like we were the most important customers there. (And noticed that is how they were with everyone else too!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance...Great Food!Luv2DineNYCDined on 4/4/2014I really liked the freshly made guacamole....very tasty! The waiter was really informative and was helpful in my final choices for lunch. Every food choice was delicious. I will definitely come back! Very nice portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience. TheDCeatingVIPDined on 4/2/2014Fantastic experience. The spicy guacamole was the best! Excellent attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent guacsd2wtownVIPDined on 3/28/2014As a southern Californian, I'm very critical about guac but theirs is excellent.Special Features:
- Loved the GuacLeaODined on 3/18/2014They made the guac at the table which I loved. The fish tacos were perfect. A great new find!Special Features:
- Good mexican on the east sidePrince95Dined on 3/15/2014Easy to get reservations on a Saturday night but it got really full by 8. Service was friendly and reasonably fast. They had a kids menu which was helpful. Grilled pineapple margarita was great. Food was good but not the best. Everything was prepared well, the flavors were just mild. Dessert was ok. Would go back, maybe try for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!RhapsodyinblackDined on 3/13/2014I've been here a couple of times for dinner and the food is fantastic. Both times, the other diners I was with said the same thing. They also have a decent happy hour on the weekdays, which usually makes the bar crowded. Their margaritas are pretty good and they're even better during happy hour.Special Features:
- Great tex-mex in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Coming from California, NY has been a general disappointment when it comes to Tex-Mex and Mexican food. However, this place was able to satisfy my cravings and the hand made tortillas are simply addictive. I highly recommend the fresh guacamole (made spicy and with cheese) and the carne asada is very succulent. This restaurant is great for casual gatherings, business meetings, and families.Special Features:
- Food & service was good butmarvVIPDined on 3/13/2014Food & service was good but not great. Great place for drinks.Special Features:
- if it wasn't in NYC.....LucyVIPDined on 3/9/2014...but it is in NYC so we need a reason to want to go back -- and this restaurant just didn't do that. The food was good -- the servers were nice but SO inattentive during a time when the restaurant was less than 30% occupied. There are too many great restaurants in NYC so this is not one we would bother revisiting.
- Birthday DinnerTonyDined on 3/8/2014The place is lively and fun. The food was good and the staff were patient and helpful. overall a very good experience.Special Features:
- ok experiencejdnycDined on 3/7/2014This neighborhood is short on reasonably priced (for Manhattan) restaurants that are comfortable (not too tightly packed with diners), ok food, possible to get a reservation on short notice. Sinigual offers these things. If weather was better and had had more the time would have have traveled to a different part of the city with better food options.
- Very Comfortable Tasty MexicansteviegitarDined on 3/5/2014As a SoCal native I've eaten at maybe 200 different Mexican places, everything from taco stands to elegant sit down joints.I was impressed with Sinigual. My initial feeling was it's a bit pricey -- but then I compared it to other Manhattan eateries and the reality is prices are a bit higher than the 'burbs. That being said you can have a nice meal if you don't go crazy with booze for 60 bucks a couple, give or take a few. GREAT table side guacamole -- i had mine made with extra lime juice, extra black pepper and I even had them add a drop of tabasco. Lobster burrito was great, carne asada was as good as any I've had in California or Baja.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2014I have been there multiple times and the food is always excellent as weel as the service. In and out in an hour so great for lunch.Special Features:
- Livelybeachbaby914Dined on 2/28/2014This was a fun place. The food was so-so Mexican and the service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to get something right.MartyDined on 2/26/2014There were two of us, we had a reservation, were seated at a two top next to the window. No one else was seated there, we found out why in about 3 mins, it was 20 degrees colder there than the rest of the restaurant. We let the hostess know we would like to be moved, after an eye roll and slap of the menus on another table, thats how we figured out the table she wanted us to move to- we were moved. Waiter had no personality, nice enough if pressed but really looked bored and tired. Guacamole preparer was pleasant and made good guacamole. Drinks were good, one of the meals went untouched because it was inedible, the other was fine, we were not asked about the untouched meal, or if there was a problem. We shared one dessert, that was fine.