470 Pacific Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.quincerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4157758500x5
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm and Saturday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The bar and lounge are open Monday - Friday at 5:30 pm and Saturday: 5:00 pm
Reservations can be made in advance two months to the calendar date.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Tusk
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Quince Restaurant offers offsite catering for parties of 10-100! Please contact email@example.com to learn more.
A word from Quince Restaurant
Situated in San Francisco's historic Jackson Square, Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk's celebrated Quince Restaurant features Italian and French inspired tasting menus that highlight the seasonal bounty of Northern California. Accompanying each menu is an innovative wine pairing program. A sophisticated cocktail program features innovative, seasonal ingredients and unique, table side preparations. Chef Michael Tusk was named “Best Chef: Pacific” by the James Beard Foundation in 2011. Quince was awarded its second Michelin star in 2013 and in April 2012, the San Francisco Chronicle bestowed a fourth star to Quince.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Quince Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Quince Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)fit for foodies (73)romantic (60)notable wine list (54)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Not always the right fitFlaneurVIPDined on 4/3/2014We took and out-of-town foodie: confronted with only three tasting menus and an overbearing staff, we relinquished any control and had an evening of conversation ambushed and interrupted by small bits of food (the sauces were brilliant) and far too much narrative by the wait staff. The wine list is fantastic - next time I'll drink and ignore the swarm of servers and minions - but the food ultimately loses its brilliance because it is presented too much in a seminar setting rather than is an atmosphere of genuine hospitality with the overarching virtue of a meal among friends. The pretense and stilted aspect (if not complete existence) is in large part due to the restaurant's response to the current influx of money. Not Le Grand Véfour.Special Features:
- special occasionlucyblueDined on 4/1/2014Quince is great for a special occasion. we loved the fit out, the bar and the menu, but the stand out was the staff. they were attentive, knowledgeable and genuine people. They recommended places for us to visit whilst in town and set up contacts when heading to wine country. they told us about the food, and the story behind it with excitement and passion, and made wine recommendations that suited our palates and budget . thank you quince!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AnniversaryDined on 4/1/2014We went for our anniversary and they had personalized our menus wishing us happy anniversary! I could't believe it! We both had the Quince menu and it was absolutely sublime! We elected not to do the wine pairing because that would have totaled about 3 glasses and it was a school night. As far as I am concerned, it is worth every penny. The people could not be nicer or more professional.Special Features:
- Speechless blissPrincetonNJVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was my fifth or sixth visit, and Quince just always amazes me. The friendly but professional staff, ambiance, creativity, ingredients, presentation, wine pairings: It's really just all as close to perfect as it gets. The small touches, like cocktails served table side, and the invisible visits to refill glasses or whisk away a wayward crumb, all are appreciated and create an evening filled with memories. (This visit, I was dining alone because of a business trip change. I hesitated at first, but was welcomed warmly and even treated to a little peak inside the frenzied kitchen!) A visit to San Francisco wouldn't be complete without dinner at Quince.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Superb Tasting Menulocal4meDined on 3/29/2014If you are celebrating a very special occasion and are a serious foodie, this restaurant takes food to another level. Expect to spend at least 3 hours here on a 9 course meal for $180. Wine pairing $120 is highly recommended. The staff is very knowledgeable about the food and wine. Slowly bite into the tiny morsels and let your senses take over. Royal Sterling Caviar over the tiniest oysters, and paired with Champaign from France, fresh shaved truffle over the thinnest suckling pig tortellini, and the unusual pen shell clam paired with cauliflower and a hint of yuzu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 meals of my lifeloveitalianVIPDined on 3/28/2014The Quince 9 course tasting menu is incredibly well designed and timed perfectly. Each course was unique, fresh tasting and exquisite. I ate foods that I do not normally like and loved them. The milk bread is easily the best bread I have ever eaten, and I have eaten a lot of bread! The service is the perfect, rare combination of knowledgable and friendly, not at all pretentious. Have already recommended to people.Special Features:
- Over-priced and under-whelmedLocaleaterDined on 3/26/2014I'd heard so many great things about this place. But a series of small bites of food, at sky high prices, combined with obsequious service, does not a great restaurant make. None of the food was memorable, although all of it was very complex. I felt like the chef was showing off rather than just making something I wanted to eat.Special Features:
- Absolutely excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014Absolutely excellent, but very expensive. Set menus, but accommodating of individual needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible MealLeegDined on 3/24/2014We spent an evening at Quince with some good friends for my wife's birthday. The service was relaxed, while at the same time impeccable. The food was outstanding - each course uniquely flavored and prepared. The presentation was wonderful and the ambience was perfect. We look forward to visiting Quince again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing journeyFrenchyDined on 3/21/2014Take the 9 courses menu and you will go from wonder to wonder, each course will surprise you and enchant your pallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a fabulous time andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014We had a fabulous time and the food was amazing. We all loved the ambience of the restaurant and the service was impeccable. Thank you for making my daughter's 16th birthday so memorable.Special Features:
- Worth it for that special occasionBillOVIPDined on 3/21/2014We've been wanting to go to Quince for a long time so when my birthday came up, my wife booked a reservation. This is a definitely a place for a special evening. To avoid our normal hesitation on prices, we tried to not look at the prices and choose what we wanted. The ambiance, service, presentation, etc. are all the top. My wife, being a vegetarian, had a perfect multi-course choice. We rarely choose the wine pairings but since this was a special occasion, we decided to go for it even though we didn't glance at the pricing. If you do go, just realize you pay for the quality. I think our bill set a new record for the most pricey dinner we've ever had (the wine pairings did us in). Once every 10 years is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular diningDoninMarinVIPDined on 3/14/2014Quince richly deserves its reputation as one of San Francisco's finest restaurants. We had a truly memorable experience. The dishes were exquisite, the service beautifully orchestrated for our table of 5. The wine pairings for our 5-course menu were all from Burgundy and were perfectly matched with their dishes. Although it was an expensive evening, it was well worth the cost. For any special occasion, you couldn't go wrong in choosing Quince!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living in Napa I am familiarOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2014Living in Napa I am familiar with the epicurean experience made famous by Thomas Keller so the dinner format was expected. I chose the Winter menu consisting of 5 fixed courses with most providing interesting and unique flavors. A number of complimentary items were provided from the delicate appetizers to the digestif. Service was attentive although for some, English was clearly a 2nd language. My complaints: we were positioned too close to another table, removing the intimacy from our experience; the dinner rolls were disappointing in both flavor and texture; while clearly not a "comfort food" establishment, I left feeling less than satiated and arrived home after my hour drive, extremely hungry. Good spot for foodies but eat a big lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Wang to go backLykkeDined on 3/12/2014The food was fantastic and introduced me to new tastes and flavours. The service was the best I ever encountered. I ended the evening at the restaurant as a very happy woman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth its 2 Michelin starsFrenchmanDined on 3/7/2014a nice 2 michelin star in downtown SF, delicious food, beautifully presented, excellent service, perfect pace, nice wine list. perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quince is exquisiteNanceVIPDined on 3/4/2014Quince is one of my top favorite restaurants in the city that is not only elegant but food is superb. I would highly recommend for any type of event whether small or medium sized group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food, beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/1/2014Exquisite food, beautiful setting, attentive service. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional !PCWineLoverDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I both enjoyed the 9 course tasting with wine pairings this past weekend. We will definitely be encouraging our foodie friends to add this restaurant to their must dine lists. Truly a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJouvetVIPDined on 2/22/2014We had the full menu, vegetable and full. We shared between the both of us. 2nd dining experience at Quince. Better than the first dining experience. I have dined at 4 different 3 M star establishments and Quince rates above one of them and almost equal to the other 3. Great staff, great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingcltguyDined on 2/20/2014Most incredible food experience of my life. I will look at food differently from this day forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshness & CreativityDonutEspressoDined on 2/19/2014I really enjoyed this place. Very creative take on some classical Italian dishes. The roof top garden produces some honeybee honeycombs that are absolutely EXCELLENT, but only come with the cheese plate. It is unreal, how delicious that and the fruit/nut bread is. Service is also MUCH better than comparable restaurants. Well worth the price of admission, IMHO, if you can swing it. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreams and RealityVNowakowDined on 2/17/2014I have dreamed of dining at Quince for many years and recently my husband fulfilled my dream with a lovely evening at Quince. From the moment we walked into the restaurant it was a magical experience. The door was quickly opened for us and we were greeted by such a professional and welcoming staff. Every detail, every request, every presentation, every delicious bite. It was beyond fantasy and so incredibly lovely. My only regret - not taking pictures of each and every course! This is a special restaurant and if you are able to dine at Quince you will not be disappointed. My dream became my reality!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special Valentine's dinnerJohnDined on 2/13/2014Everything was superb, from the time we arrived and were greeted warmly until we left and were helped into our coats and handed cups of hot chocolate to fortify us on our walk home. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionchuckmac07VIPDined on 2/10/2014spectacular menu, wonderful food preparation, perfect service and terrific setting made for a perfect dinner. might be our favorite meal of all-time anywhere. certainly Top 10. worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteGFINowVIPDined on 2/8/2014Such a beautiful meal and service. Very special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at QuinceHandODined on 2/7/2014Everything was fantastic. I had the garden menu which is sourced from the rooftop. Three others in our party of five had the winter menu and one requested gluten-free. They were very accommodating. The service was excellent. I was especially fond of the Clementine, Gnocchi, and Guru Ram Das Meyer Lemon dishes.Special Features:
- NOT IMPRESS AT ALLYSCAVIPDined on 2/1/2014We were seated by the door and it was pretty chilled! Wondering why this restaurant will be upgrade from one star to two stars. The best dish is the lobster and rest are mediocre including the desert with gold foil. I think Benu & Atelier Crenn are so much better!
- Expensive and worth itlisaVIPDined on 1/31/2014Lovely food. Little surprises throughout the evening...all the way to the taxi!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was creative, fresh,MatadorDined on 1/31/2014The food was creative, fresh, inventive and delicious, but there was too much of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How do they do it?FoodloverDined on 1/28/2014Don't know how Quince manages to provide so much for what it charges. Not only did we get a fabulous tasting menu, but all the pre and post dinner "treats" from the kitchen added to an over-the-top experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing level of service,jadamDined on 1/24/2014Amazing level of service, food excellent- all around a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe and bonnieJoe54VIPDined on 1/23/2014WhT a great restaurant. One of the best ever. Paris. Rome. New york etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were welcomed and seatedPumpkinDined on 1/22/2014We were welcomed and seated promptly. The food and service was excellent. 3 of us had the Quince menu and 1 had the Garden menu. Since the menus change seasonally, I look forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an amazing fine diningchrisDined on 1/21/2014Overall an amazing fine dining experience. Not pretentious at all. Incredible what they do with food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service on a10 PM reservationRandytDined on 1/18/2014Arriving at 9:45 PM with a 10PM reservation, we were told our table was being set, and went to the lounge. We were not waited on for 25 minutes, while a staff member talked with the table by us for the entire time. At 10:15 we were sat at a table for 6 in the middle of the room, not very intimate for two well dressed adults. Even then, nobody waited on us for the next 10 minutes. Our waiter told us the 9 course would take 3 hours to finish, which would be around 1:30, so that was out. Even so we out at 1:00 with the 5 course. They should have a 9 PM cut-off and not offer the 10 PM You would think they would be more involved and considerate of late dinning reservation, and not let it turn into an expensive lost dinning experience.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceVinceDined on 1/17/2014What a wonderful experience. The food was a bit too avande garde for me, but what wonderful service. Gave us hot chocolates to go as we wait for a cab back.Special Features:
- AMAZING!Kat23Dined on 1/17/2014This is one of the best meals I have ever had! The restaurant is in a cute neighborhood & for such a fine dining restaurant, the staff is so friendly! Everyone we interacted with was so helpful. They do a great job of working together. Our waiter Drew was very good. We loved our sommelier. She was from Austin & my friend & I went to college near there so we enjoyed talking to her. She was spot on with her recommendations and when she said that one wine had a Twizzler taste to it, I was sold. The food is beyond incredible & full of so many flavors. I loved ALL 9 courses. Be sure and have plenty of time to eat because we were there for over 3 hours but it went by so fast. They even gave us a cup of hot chocolate to go. Incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Excellent Experienceexp345Dined on 1/17/2014Quince provided an extraordinary dining experience. The atmosphere was elegant but not stuffy or pretentious . Service was impeccably orchestrated and non intrusive. I can't say enough good things about the wait staff. They clearly enjoyed and took pride in the the work they do. The food was prepared with tweezer precision and care. Each flavor popped and could be appreciated. I love dining in a place where I don't have a prayer of duplicating the lovely menu! A serious allergy in our group received quiet attention and preparation for special requirements. We all had the smallest menu offered and left feeling completely satisfied. As we left the restaurant the staff offered us smiles and hot chocolate (Mexican) to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectTheoDined on 1/17/2014Everything was amazing. Some of the best food I've ever had. Professional service. Obviously expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.Special Features: