1515 Rhode Island Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.15ria.com/
- Phone: 2027420015
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Daily; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Janis Mclean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from 15 ria
15 ria, a contemporary American restaurant, showcases the bounty of the mid-Atlantic region. With "Fresh & Honest" as it's inspiration, 15 ria features fresh seafood, steaks, chops, braised comfort foods & generous side dishes. Fun, comfortable & accessible, 15 ria also offers outdoor seating in season. The Lounge with its intimate seating, great music, & classic contemporary cocktails is the place for after work drinks or a night with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
15 ria reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- The "Simply Grilled" red snapperbojaillieDined on 8/3/2013The "Simply Grilled" red snapper special and the salmon were both very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mellow Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013I was pleasantly surprised by the overall atmosphere in this U street gem. It was a throwback to the friendly intimacy that made the area so famous. It was my wife's birthday, and even though they did not know it before our arrival they went all out to make her day special with a scrumptious special dessert and a rousing rendition of happy birthday from the band. We were not impressed with the overall look of the place, but sometimes looks can actually be deceiving.Special Features:
- Surprised to find this little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2013I really liked the decor and the food and service was great. I feel like if they revamped their menu it would be even better. Also it would have been nice to have more than 1 vegetarian option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I used the search featureDisappointedDined on 7/13/2013I used the search feature of Open Table and was looking for a trendy "Logan Circle" spot to dine and it turned out to be the restaurant in the DoubleTree hotel. I was very disappointed.
- Quiet Romantic SpotHmmmVIPDined on 7/7/2013Very trendy spot inside the Doubletree Hotel. Very quietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2013A quiet upscale restaurant in a calm neighborhood. Probably more appreciated by middle aged people like me :-)Special Features:
- Nice and quietQuieterDined on 6/19/2013The restaurant ambience is nice, decortive and quiet. Need more in the food portions for the quesadillas. Chicken pasts was okay and hearty.Special Features:
- Good place for basic breakfastLiveToEatOutDined on 6/16/2013Saw this rated as one of DC's top brunch spots but wasn't really impressed. Went for Father's Day brunch and menu was very basic breakfast, not really brunch. Food was good but not what I expected. Wasn't crowded or rushed so enjoyed opportunity to have peaceful conversation. Service was good.
- It was a rather average hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013It was a rather average hotel restaurant. Don't know why there have been positive reviews about it. Was okay for a hotel, but I wouldn't have gone out of my way to go there if I had realized that.
- SLOW FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/22/2013As in everytime I've dined at 15ria, the food comes out soooooooooo slow. Eating there yesterday for lunch at 1:00 pm, we order at 1:15 pm and the food comes at 1:42 pm and the dining room was no where near capacity. As I stated earlier, this has happened every time. The food was good but the chef and wait staff are VERY SLOW!!!
- Bad service, slow slow slowriaDCDined on 5/19/2013We left after 20 minutes of being seated. They only had a brunch menu on a Sunday. I saw on their website that they had an "all-day menu" but it was so hard to get a server's attention. It was 12:15pm and as mentioned, they were not busy with only 3 other other tables with diners. Finally the server came and said they only offer brunch on Sundays. Well if I'd known that from their website, I wouldn't have made the reservation. They offered to "check if the chef can cook something from their all-day day menu quickly, but I didn't want to wait 20 mins for her to check. So we left and went to Birch and Barley where 30-min wait to be seated was fine, food was worth it.
- Good TimeRockDined on 5/13/2013We celebrated my wife's birthday, and had a good time. We used to go frequently and had not been back for a period of time. So we decided to go back. The decor was different the atmosphere was different but not in a bad way. My only complaint is that the menu selections was average at best. Our server (Mario) was very good, and so was the bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cooked frittataSavoryladyDined on 4/28/2013Very unimpressed with the food. The eggs of my order and everyone else in my brunch group was dry and dense. Very nice service and easy to get a party of 8 table for brunch.Special Features:
- Short menu without many options.LaughingLionDined on 4/23/2013Short menu without many options. Still, a good value.
- The restaurant was okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/20/2013The restaurant was okay. It was overpriced and the only reason we went was for the 1000 points.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, food not so great...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013Cornbread starter came out cold and when asked to warm them, they took them came back 10 minutes later and they were the same temperature. The grits were watery and flavorless, the pancakes were small and didn't look appetizing. The only thing that was ok was the omelette and scrambled eggs. I wouldn't recommend or choose to go back.
- Gem -- need spices...FabulousVIPDined on 3/24/2013Beautiful decorations and quiet place to eat. Service was excellent. Only thing that was of concern was the food. Some meals were good and some needed more seasoning/flavor. We had a group for brunch and it worked. We would try the dinner menu to see if the food is better.
- My wife's salad topped withOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/16/2013My wife's salad topped with beef was very tasty. My trout was dry. Uninspired boring dining room. Service was fine - not superb, but not bad either. Just another bland generic hotel restaurant with no signature and no reason to return.
- Food was surprisingly good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/14/2013Food was surprisingly good. Much better than I expected it to be. Price was on target for quality. Overall, very nice place, I would go back had a nice time.
- While at the convention centerGeorgeBDined on 3/7/2013While at the convention center for a show, I needed a restaurant close that we could have a meeting. It is a little further away than it looked on the map, but was worth the trip. I was surprised when I found it was in a hotel. (I think OpenTable should show that info in the description.) The food was very good and our server was excellent. I cannot remember his name. The area was quiet and perfect for a group meeting. I would return tot his restaurant if I was in the area again.Special Features:
- It's fine, but we thoughtLAeaterDined on 3/3/2013It's fine, but we thought it had a lot more hype for what it was - a fine restaurant connected to the Doubletree hotel.
- There's a reason this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/21/2013There's a reason this place tries so hard to get customers. There's just too many other fantastic options in this city at the same price point to bother ever returning to 15ria. Steak was overcooked, frites were blah - ordered a crab cake appetizer and even though the sandwich comes with aoili and the entree comes with buerre-blanc, our crab cake came dry. Even the chocolate lava cake was mediocre. I say skip it.
- Good Food, Quaint Atmosphere..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013The service was impeccable and the portion sizes were huge! I would highly recommend 15ria for an intimate dinner for two or a small get together of friends.Special Features:
- We picked this location fromOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2013We picked this location from Restaurant week. We didn't know what to expect. I am a History Buff so I enjoyed the George Washington portraits thru-out the restaurant. I didn't like that it is located in the lobby of a Hotel. They have separate street entrance but you had to walk around to infront of the elevators to check in for dinner. Food was decent, nothing to brag about. I would not visit again.Special Features:
- Bare BonedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2013This wasn't the worst dining experience I've ever had, but it really was just okay. I booked there because I expected it to be quiet on Inauguration weekend, but I didn't expect the server to say there were no vegetables on the menu to go with the salmon I'd ordered --- just brown rice. When the fish arrived, which was not bad, there were green beans also on the plate. The Reisling I had wasn't bad either. It just all felt far more bare bones than I expected from any restaurant.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013Really enjoyed the food and ambiance at 15Ria! It is located in the downstairs area of the doubletree hotel, not a separate restaurant like I thought it would be. Restaurant and bar areas are clean and tastefully decorated with plush comfy chairs and nice dining tables. The food was just fabulous! Steaks were seasoned nicely, red snapper and salmon were also delicious. No complaints hereSpecial Features:
- Sisterly treatnesrobin4Dined on 12/28/2012I took my younger sisters here and they really enjoyed themselves. The staff was very pleasurable and considerate. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great little restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Went here for a Christmas meal with the family 2 days before Christmas as a party of 9(6 adults, 3 kids) and we were the only ones there. Awesome customer service they ensured we always had what we needed. Would eat there again for sure.Special Features:
- Quiet and BoringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2012It was easy to book a table for a large group, but the restaurant was way too quiet, the service was pretty inattentive for having so few diners, and the food was unexceptional. I don't plan to go back.Special Features:
- Definitely a Hotel RestaurantDCSamDined on 10/14/2012It was attached to a hotel and definitely had that hotel restaurant vibe. The food was ok and the service was great, but it just didnt have a great vibe for brunch. The place was basically empty except for a few people on business trips.
- Great service and food. TheJuan15Dined on 10/10/2012Great service and food. The ambiance could be a little more appealing: decor, music, etc. Thanks!Special Features:
- Food was bland. Menu calledOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2012Food was bland. Menu called for broccoli rabe, plate had baby broccoli. Mustard in lentil sauce lacking.
- 15 RiaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2012I went there with a gropu of co-workers and the restaurant was just perfect for the occasion. Not crowded, but it did not feel like an abandoned place. The service and the food were excellent.I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- When we arrived the placesaraVIPDined on 8/11/2012When we arrived the place was very chaotic with a loud group occupying the bar area making enough noise to permeate the entire indoor dining room. Outside, however was quite pleasant. We were the only people sitting outdoors during a rain storm, but we did not get very wet due to the great umbrellas they have over the tables. The food was delicious but I would think twice before eating indoors due to the noise levels.Special Features:
- the ambiance is very niceQuieterDined on 8/1/2012the ambiance is very nice and the mirrors are beautiful in the dining roomSpecial Features:
- Nothing remarkableAndreaCVIPDined on 7/29/2012I have to agree with other reviewers about the general slowness of the kitchen. The appetizer (a Fritto Misto, fried mixed seafood and vegetables) and the dessert (a trio of creme brulee, chocolate lava cake and apple crisp) were very good, not so the entree (the special for the night, salmon, shrimps and scallops with black lentils). The ambiance was nice but a bit dark.Special Features:
- The restaurant and its staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2012The restaurant and its staff did a fabulous job with our group of 10. The food was great and the service friendly and very helpful.Special Features:
- Food was good but servicePCM716VIPDined on 7/21/2012Food was good but service and ambiance were lacking. Too many other choices in DC to ever recommend or return to.
- Pretty space, not crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2012Pretty space, not crowded so quiet, but food quite mediocre -- not worth eating there with so many better options nearby.
- Took someone there for a lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/11/2012Took someone there for a lunch business meeting & it was ideal for that. Food was great & it wasn't loud so we were able to talk. Service was slow though.Special Features: