Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
3116 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bodegadc.com/
- Phone: 2023334733
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jeronimo Romero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant "Matador Lounge" and bar, along with the Veranda patio are available for groups of up to 50. The room is equipped with a separate sound system from the main dining room and has a full bar as well. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Araujo 2023334733
A word from Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
Located in the Heart of Georgetown, Bodega Spanish Tapas and Lounge makes a dramatic design statement with its hammered-copper bars, boldly patterned red-and-black walls, and tables set in intimate alcoves perfect for sharing moderately priced authentic Spanish tapas, traditional paellas and sangria. Don't miss our stylish "Matador Lounge" for dining and cocktails, with an arresting mural of a bullfight arena and opens up to a charming fountain patio - making it a perfect venue for private parties. For corporate lunches, first dates or any other occasion, our guests cannot help but feel transported to the breath-taking Costa del Sol.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)romantic (24)fit for foodies (22)late-night find (21)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (19)special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (15)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nothing to brag aboutjoseDined on 10/5/2013The place looks better on the website than the real thing. The food was ok nothing to brag about. We order the fry calamari and the stuffed peppers. Non of the dishes come with side orders. What you order is what you get. The calamari I order was nothing than an appetizer. I only got about 6 to 7 rings of calamari and he stuffed papers were tiny and only three came. The pace was really dark too dark for me I could not even see the menu to order anything. The tables were so closed to each other, i could hear other peoples conversation. My wife and i order two strawberry mojitos for $ 10 each. We spend about $50 dollar in this place and still had to go to another place to get something to eat because what they gave us was not sufficient.
- Tapas for 2Forge1138Dined on 10/4/2013First time dining at this restaurant, loced the atmoshpere and the food was tasty. My girlfriend and I love spanish tapas style and this place fit the bill. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic TapasdonnaindcDined on 10/3/2013I am married to a Spaniard from Madrid. I have had authentic tapas from the family (mom, aunt, etc) and this restaurant is almost a good as my mother-in-laws cooking, without all the emotional overhead! The happy hour roja sangria was refreshing. I love all the plates we ordered and I am looking forward to returning so I can try them all.Special Features:
- Excellent menuLizzieDined on 9/26/2013Food was fantastic. Great recommendations from Rafael on our selections. reasonable prices. 4 tapas, appetizer and wine for two was just over $85.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up!DiscerningPaletteVIPDined on 9/21/2013Great food, atmosphere and service. Edgy energetic decor. . .small charming court yard as well. Tapas are prepared well. Quality ingredients. Bar scene is good. Also, a perfect place for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsMtHermitDined on 9/19/2013As with all Tapas restaurants, it is great to have a group where everyone can order their favorite and share with the others in the party. I was travelling alone and limited my selections to 2 items since I had a long drive ahead of me. The portions were a good size and tasty. I enjoyed the food and a glass of wine and will definitely have this on my list of favorites. The food is different than the fare found in the usual restaurants so it is a great place to pursue new adventures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide varietyjohnJVIPDined on 9/16/2013Great Tapas restaurant with true Spanish flair. Prompt delivery of food. Great presentation ! Serving spoons would be a great addition for sharing dishes!Special Features:
- Great tapas at a lively settingLive2eatDined on 9/12/2013We have been coming to bodega last 4 years Everyone in my family really enjoy it. There is a Favourite dish for all of them here, gambas, chops Veggies. Cheese. And dessert . Noisy and lively most Nights but enjoyable. Casual setting but gud Fud Definitely worth going to if you haven't been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food at a reasonableFermatDined on 9/10/2013Excellent food at a reasonable price. Service was good. Wide variety of Tapas - all the ones we tried were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty foodDCFoodieDined on 8/25/2013The food was very tasty and the service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas spot in Georgetown!DanaDined on 8/21/2013Great tapas spot in Georgetown! Sangria is great. Restaurant week is a steal! Go here with a group so you can try a bunch of dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Mediocre serviceAndalusiaInhabitantDined on 8/18/2013This was our second time here and i can say that the food did not disappoint. Can't say the same about the service; the servers were not attentive, forgot orders (or did not place them) and generally were poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beat Tapas in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2013I've been to Bodega 3 times now and think that hands down they have the best tapas in DC. We waited for our table at the downstairs bar and the bartender was a mess but she told us it was only her second night. I ordered an old fashioned and was handed a vodka drink with fruit in it. I felt bad though bc I've been in her shoes before so I drank it anyway. The meal itself was amazing as always. The waiter brought me an great glass of wine based on what I told him I liked and what we were ordering. The weather was beautiful and we sat in their backyard patio which is an absolute must. I highly recommend Bodega to anyone looking for authentic tapas in the District!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a special occasion dinnerElenaVIPDined on 8/14/2013I chose Bodega for a special occasion dinner with my friends because I've been there several times and we enjoyed the food and service all the time. Nothing against the food this time: paellas were delish, appetizers were just enough to start the night and sangria was nice. Everything was great, but the service sucked! We didn't ask for too much attention because we were too busy engaging with each other, but we've seen our server literally 3 times that night!!! First we ordered through another server who approached our table first time in 20 mins after we set down (we even had to bother hostess standing next to us to find out if we even have one). Eventually a few things we ordered were missing. The server never apologized. Service was badSpecial Features:
- yummyShmooDined on 8/10/2013Just as good if not better than Jaleo. The standout was the Pan con Tomate y Jamón Serrano. I'm not sure if it really was authentic Spanish Jamón, but it sure was good. Chorizo was a much more flavorful endeavor than most places and the Espinacas a la Catalana with raisins and apples was fresh. The only disappointment was the Pimientos del Piquillo a la Plancha. I think the peppers were out of a jar. They were o.k. with the bread but I've had better. Like many have said the Dátiles con Tocino were terrific! I could eat those all day. We didn't have a great deal of time to eat many of the protein entrees. I wish we had. The calamari was o.k. but I would like to try the Paellas! An amazing place to have drinks or something light late night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but dark and loudDee1990Dined on 8/3/2013The service and food are superb. But at night they keep the lights very dim so it's too dark and it's quite loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013Good food, fast service and great prices! I will definitely be back and will sure tell all my foodie friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing food & small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2013Sat outside on a super small patio with a vent dripping water on me, and yet being one of the few tables, service was bad. Had the Golden Fried Chicken Breast Stuffed With Manchego which had the consistency of a rubber band it was so chewy. The Gambas al Ajillo was too greasy and the shrimp was very small. My favorite dish was the Piquillo Peppers Stuffed With Braised Beef Short Ribs & Served Au Jus but the beef and peppers were warm not hot so it ruined the dish. The Beef Tenderloin Skewer With Red & Green Peppers, Onions, And Cherry Tomatoes was very pedestrian and a very small portion for $11. The Huevos Estrellados con Chistorra off the brunch menu had two very overcooked sunny side up eggs. In total we spent $100 and left hungry!Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2013Very mediocre tapas. Datiles con beicon was fried?! Patatas bravas was very bland. I'm sticking to Boqueria for sure.
- Food was decent, service terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2013Went to Bodega after reading decent reviews online. Our party of four sat in the back room, which was a lot quieter than the main seating area. Unfortunately, it seems the wait staff forgot about our existence, as they disappeared for long stretches of time even before getting our order in for drinks. Additionally, we were sitting under a table with decent ventilation, but were asked to relocate to a hot and sweltering corner because "a big party was on its way." We kindly obliged and switched seats, but the other group never arrived. The waiter made no attempt to apologize for his disappearing act, nor for making us move into a sweat lodge. All in all, the food was decently good for tapas, but the experience left much to be desired.
- The food was very good, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013The food was very good, the highlights being the beet root salad and the duck confit. Restaurant was busy and the service suffered a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two of the wines we wantedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2013Two of the wines we wanted were not on the list. On previous occasions I'd sat in the main part of the restaurant which is lovely. They seated us in the back this time and that was not so pleasant - especially since I'd brought guests. The backless chairs are cute but not comfortable. The food was still good though so that was a plus. :-)I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice casual placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2013We went there for the first time with another couple and had a good time. The seafood paella was yummy! Our small plates were also delicious. I always like the bacon wrapped dates, the sautéed spinach, and Manchego plate. The service was also very good. We liked that there was both a front and back bar. All in all, it was a very nice place to meet for a casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPriscillaDined on 6/27/2013This is the second time at this restaurant and both times the food was excellent. The service was very good as well. The only downside was the cigar smell that comes in rfrom the outside when the back door is opened. If you don't like the smell of cigars sit in the front of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PaellaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2013My girlfriend and I had been talking about eating paella. My family would always prepare it at home so I was a little nervous since I had never tried Paella outside of my mother's kitchen. I cannot express how amazing the food was. I was worried my gf wouldn't enjoy the flavors and spices but La Bodega delivered. She loved it and we cannot wait to return to try the seafood version. We customized a plate by adding oysters to the chicken and chorizo paella. The staff was super friendly, so happened that we visited on the night Spain vs Italy soccer match was playing and it just added to our experience. I would suggest you arrive early if you want to enjoy the happy hour at the front bar. Otherwise this is a great pick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas & SangriaHohoDined on 6/22/2013Right in the heart of Georgetown, wide variety of menu choices, everything we had was great. Sangria was good, not unique but traditional. We enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!VecarDined on 6/22/2013We eat on the outside patio on a beautiful evening an the ambiance and setting was just perfect. Highly recommend the sangria, by far the best we ever had! The Paella was delicious. The server was excellent, attentive courteous and efficient. We will definitively go back.Special Features:
- BodegaJohnDined on 6/17/2013Went to Bodega with my wife and two girls (11 and 9). We found the restaurant inviting, they were kid friendly but my girls were well behaved that day and they did eat. Food was very good. My wife and I have been to a number of good Tapas restaurants in Chicago and San Francisco and this rates right up there. Prices were Georgetown/DC but value was good. Waiters were good, got us a dish of yellow rice for one of our girls that was not listed on the menu and put up with a few funny faces when the girls were trying certain dishes. I would go back for sure when I am in DC next.Special Features:
- Bodega GreatDenzelMogVIPDined on 6/14/2013Food was very good. Very chill and good spot for dinner.Special Features:
- Really good!DangDined on 6/13/2013We love Bodega! Food is excellent as well as service. This is a great place to go with friends, you can order different tapas and share them. It gets busy so it is better if you make a reservation. It is a nice place but a little nois but you will have a good time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2013We stuck with a few orders of tapas, and were not disappointed. The Pan con Tomate y Jamón Serrano, in particular, was outstanding. Many wines served by the glass, which was appreciated. Service was friendly and rapid without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Fun Tapas in GeorgetownOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2013Took our three kids there on a Friday night. Cava Sangria was a nice twist. All of the tapas we ordered arrived quickly and were very tasty. There was a cute back patio but it was raining so they weren't using it, but it looked like a fun place to sit. The service was efficient and there was a nice vibe to the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot doesn't disappointViennaMomDined on 6/1/2013This is one of our favorite Georgetown restaurants. We take our kids there -- they love good food, too -- and there's something for everyone. The cava sangria is wonderful. The braised short ribs in peppers has gotten smaller over time, but still just a tasty. Try to sit in different rooms -- the vibe outside, downstairs, and upstairs are all different. Definitely a fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2013All of our food was delicious. The cava sangria lacked flavor and was underwhelming. We had a reservation and were seated near the hostess station. Just was a lot of traffic & some bumping. It was too hot. May have been the lighting above us but made for an unpleasant experience. Water refills came too slowly & we seemed to get lost in the shuffle as more tables filled. Great food but I won't be rushing back.
- Love the TapasTasteandFlavorDined on 5/27/2013Everything @ Bodega is absolutely delish! the cocktails, the wine list, the tapas, the Paella's, the desserts, the coffee...everything is great. The staff is awesome very attentive the ambience is very welcoming...we love it...we just need any excuse to go! family in town, meeting wth friends, date night, just because we deserve it ,it doesn't matter the 45 minute drive from Baltimore is all worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appreciative, tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2013I really appreciated Bodega honoring my reservation a half hour ahead of time, as I had written the time down wrong. The food came quickly and was delicious, accompanied by some white sangria. I recommend the seafood stew to split with a friend before digging into some tapas- we chose the spinach with pine nuts, raisins, and apples, the fried balls of chicken, and the seared tuna. My friend and I were happily stuffed. Too bad we didn't get around to the dessert menu!Special Features:
- While the food was reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2013While the food was reasonably good, the service was so poor that I would never go back to this restaurant or recommend it to anyone. The wait staff was very inattentive and slow, and basically unfriendly. When one of them spilled a glass of water down the back of one of our party, their response was, "it's only water." We were seated next to a waiter station, where most of the evening our own conversation was drowned out by the wait staff loudly complaining about a large party next to us. I have visited this area of DC many times and have had numerous wonderful restaurant experiences. This place was a big mistake.
- Bodega falls flatspendingcheeseDined on 5/15/2013A friend of mine recommended Bodega to me and I finally got the opportunity to try it out. I thought the ambience was nice, but the food was very average. Nothing in particular really stood out. I would only go back if I was tagging along with my friends, but would definitely not be my first choice for tapas. Maybe my expectations were high, but disappointed just the same.
- Friendly, comfortable diningCongreveDined on 5/12/2013Extensive menu of good Spanish tapas, wait staff are very friendly and efficient, location in the heart of Georgetown is great. We snagged a table in the front which was perfect for people watching as they walked by outside...they even have a mirror set up so you can see up and down the street at the same time! Also check out the courtyard for cozy outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat after me...garlic shrimp!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2013Husband and I went to Bodega on Saturday night. We had a late reservation and were seated promptly. We had a terrific bierzo with our tapas options. By far, the best tapas of the night (and maybe that I've ever had) was the Gambas al Ajillo, Shrimp Sautéed In Garlic, Piri-Piri Pepper & Olive Oil. Other notables were the Serrano tomato bread and mushroom rice. The salmon and chicken options were okay. Overall, we had a great time and would happily return for the wine and a few shrimp tapas.Special Features: