40 Edwin Land Boulevard
Cambridge, MA 02142Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artbarcambridge.com/
- Phone: 6178064122
- Hours of Operation:
6:00 - 11:00 a.m. daily
11:00 - 3:00 p.m. daily
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Sunday
5:00 - 10:00 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday
Late Night Menu until 11:00 p.m. weekdays and 1:00 a.m. Friday & Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brian Dandro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For your next private dinner, holiday party or business meeting, gather at ArtBar for a memorable evening of contemporary art, local cuisine, fine wines and specialty cocktails, all in an intimate space overlooking the Charles River and Boston city skyline.
We offer a spacious private dining room with its own entrance that can accommodate up to 40 guests. The ArtBar boasts stellar selections from the hotel’s world-class art collection while the restaurant features innovative cuisine, a well-curated wine list and seasonal specialty cocktails. A private bar is available upon request and our Wine Director would be happy to pair wine and spirits with your menu for a truly personalized and memorable evening.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Khem 6178064110
- Special Events: For a more interactive experience, take part in one of ArtBar's forty-five minute cocktail making classes complete with a sampling of our appetizers. We invite you to become an amateur Mixologist as you learn how to make a specialty cocktail under the expert instruction of our Director of Food and Beverage, Troy Clarke. Small class sizes ensure that each drink disciple receives plenty of one-on-one guidance for making that perfect martini.
A word from ArtBar
ArtBar is a warm, intimate retreat for food and art lovers located inside the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Cambridge, MA. The ArtBar boasts stellar selections from the hotel's world-class art collection while the restaurant features innovative, regional American cuisine, a well curated wine list and specialty cocktails. Patio seating with unparalleled views of the Charles River and Boston Skyline, make ArtBar a neighborhood destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
ArtBar - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
ArtBar reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (32)scenic view (25)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (4)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Had fixed menu ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Had fixed menu Thanksgiving meal. Plenty of food --tastefully done.Special Features:
- Most notably hard to escapewowieVIPDined on 11/17/2012Most notably hard to escape the fact one is still in a hotel. The view of the Charles is nice. Good food for lunch. The art was the highlight.
- Will go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Food was great! Service excellent. Only drawback was the VERY noisy crowd at the bar ( it was a Sat night). My husband and I could hardly hear each other for first half of the meal but when that group left the noise level greatly improved.Special Features:
- The food and service was quiteSuburbanLadyDined on 10/12/2012The food and service was quite good. This is a quiet, low key place to enjoy a great meal and conversation. Enjoyed the artwork displayed and clever menu design. I will return and recommend to friends - it's a great place relax and enjoy great meal! Loved the Boston Bibb salad and Grilled Trout.Special Features:
- Good simple food and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2012Good simple food and very convenient. Amale would go there again.
- Great food, great bar!hockiemackVIPDined on 10/4/2012I think ArtBar took prior reviews into account because the food came in an appropriate timely manner. We went with a favorite pick and got the mac & cheese egg rolls. They were delicious. We all ordered the burger and it was cooked very well with an excellent presentation. They have a decent wine by the glass list. The menu is short, but everything looks like it would be tasty. I liked the ambiance. The restaurant is hip and plenty of people were enjoying the bar scene. I'd love to come back in the warmer weather and enjoy the great views of the Charles River.Special Features:
- Service was TERRIBLE!!! OrderedSundayDineDined on 9/22/2012Service was TERRIBLE!!! Ordered an appetizer of sweet potato tater tots and they had to be reminded twice about it and then it came after our meal was served and almost completely eaten and they still charged us for it. It took them so long to bring our food and I had requested a cake for a friend at the table but there was no time for us to eat the cake. Ended up having them cut it and everyone took a piece home. Very anti-climatic celebration Had to ask twice for extra water and drinks. Everyone was pleasant but terribly disorganized and extremely poor service and we were there after the lunchtime hour and the restaurant was not crowded.
- Great patio!MouseChowVIPDined on 9/20/2012This is one of my favorite spots for lunch. The menu is fresh and creative, and the view of the Charles can't be beat on a summer day. Try the lobster cobb.Special Features:
- Nice Outdoor Cafe & Menu on CharlesNightowlbrandyVIPDined on 9/14/2012Went here for lunch on a Friday with a friend but missed the 2pm cutoff for the lunch menu. Found the afternoon more limited menu quite excellent though, so suspect the regular lunch fare is even more elaborate. Both of our meals were excellent -- mussels and potatoe toes (sweet potatoe balls with crisp outside) and lobster salad roll for him, and 2 wonderful desserts including fresh fruit pie with mascapone ice cream a la mode. Wonderful view of the Charles River and seating far enough apart that can talk with some privacy. Highly recommend this place when the weather is nice although the inside seating looks quite fine too. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- The food at ArtBar was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2012The food at ArtBar was very good, but I would think twice about trying any of their specialty drinks. All that we tried were very sour. The staff was very understanding and even took the drinks off the bill. Stick with the wine and beer options. I highly recommend the mac n cheese egg rolls. Fabulous!Special Features:
- The food was fair, nothingSusieQuusyVIPDined on 9/2/2012The food was fair, nothing special. Made the reservation so we could sit outside which was ok. Cars parked along the road obstructed view of the waterfront. The cement ground under our table had not been cleaned and there were clumps of food under our feet...had to ask the server to clean it. won't go back.
- It was beautiful to be ableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/2/2012It was beautiful to be able to sit outside overlooking the water while eating on a sunny afternoon. Our waiter was wonderful, even offering to ask the chef to make an entree not typically on the brunch menu...which they did offer!Special Features:
- Nice views, slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2012Nice views, slow service. Dinner was just ok but the mac& cheese egg rolls were the highlight.
- Food was really terrific andGeorgiaDined on 8/31/2012Food was really terrific and service was friendly and leisurely paced. The scallops were delicious! Coffee was cool but the restaurant replaced it and didn't charge. The outdoor dining was delightful. A great place to bring friends from out of town. Only sour note was that my guests had an ipad which was mistakenly left near her bag. In moments of having left and realized the missing device, it was long gone. Restaurant was lax in following up with Security.Special Features:
- Lovely spot for a deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012Lovely spot for a delicious meal, with a great view.Special Features:
- Consistently exactly serviceSkippyVIPDined on 8/23/2012Consistently exactly service and same, good food. Do wish they would change menu a bit more often, as I dine there often!Special Features:
- Clam chowder was very good.lovedisneyDined on 8/16/2012Clam chowder was very good. Trout was also good. Menu selection can be larger for more selection.
- There were 9 of us. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2012There were 9 of us. Service was not good at all. Food was great. We had the lobster roll and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Small place, little pricy.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012Small place, little pricy. Very average food. Not the kind of food u would expect from a restaurant in a hotel. Parking after validation is 10 dollars. Would I ever go there again? Not for dinner I wouldn't.Special Features:
- Come only for a drink outsideTJ82VIPDined on 8/9/2012Come only for a drink outside in a nice setting as the food and service is terrible!Special Features:
- Work DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012Sat waiting for my water to be topped up or offered a drink by the waitress for 1 hour The crisps (made in restaurant) which were purchased were a bad batch and were soggy and had to be replaced (the My medium rare burger was very rare. Great outdoor patio however.Special Features:
- The best thing about Art BarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2012The best thing about Art Bar is that there is a great outdoor seating area and bar with nice view of the city. Otherwise, the service is so slow even when they don't have a lot of tables filled and the food is a bit overpriced for what you get.Special Features:
- FABULOUS meal...outstanding serviceBruinsportDined on 8/1/2012Our meal at ArtBar was OUTstanding. I want to put upfront that we travel extensively and have eaten at more than our share of culinary destinations, so my rave review here is not one from someone who simply never gets out....that said, our meal and experience were excellent. The clam chowder was as good as any I've had in New England--where it SHOULD be good...the mussels app was equally good. BUT--the grass-fed sirloin w frites was sublime (w an extraordinary glass of Washington State cab to chase). Our waiter did an excellent job--something that seems painfully rare these days--even at very nice restaurants...he was helpful, had opinions, not overly intrusive--yet present when needed. Only thing I found Ho-hum was the dessert menSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed our meal. Our serverBettyLouDined on 7/28/2012We enjoyed our meal. Our server seemed very inexperienced, and seemed to think that faster was better, pressing us to order our dinners before we had even received our drinks, and making us feel that we were being rushed. Also, I know that the use of the phrase "No problem" in place of "You're welcome" is ubiquitous, but by the end of the meal we found ourselves counting the times we heard it.
- The best view in BostonellengDined on 7/25/2012If I had all the money in the world and time to eat out, I would eat at either ArtBar, or its next door neighbor Dante, every night during the summer when the weather is nice. Spacious and relaxing with an incomparable view, it's what summer is all about--eating outdoors in the fresh air. The food is surprisingly good considering the review by the Boston Globe, although I only tried the ArtBar burger (with maitake mushrooms, cheese, and a special sauce) and the marinated olive appetizer, so I can't comment on the rest of the menu. There was no attenuation of flavor--the burger tasted juicy and delicious until the last bite--a real plus. The wine list was on the expensive side with nothing less than $44/bottle.Special Features:
- Where can you and sit on theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2012Where can you and sit on the Charles River, outside and get parking? The ArtBar is always a place I bring my customers who have the fortune of eating anywhere they like. They love the ArtBar too!Special Features:
- I think the menu could haveFoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2012I think the menu could have been better... The more choices the better. It was kind of limited. I do however got the shrimp, which tasted a bit "beachy." I've never tasted shrimp like that. We had a great waiter, very accomodating... Overall it really was a nice place....Special Features:
- ArtBar is just O.K>OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2012Mediocre -- the ambiance is that of a hotel bar/restaurant. With a name like ArtBar I expected more art and certainly more interesting art. The service was poor. The food was just o.k. and certainly didn't live up to the price (which was pretty high.) It's worth looking a little further if you are looking for an awesome experience and great food.
- Had a wonderful patio lunchBeijosDotVIPDined on 7/4/2012Had a wonderful patio lunch for four over a holiday weekend. Service was professional and helpful in choosing a cocktail. Lobster rolls were perfect as was salad and burger. Cole slaw was disastrous--it was brown looking and had a bitter, odd flavor. Ambiance was lovely, cocktail was pricey but well worth it--tasty and strong. Mix of families and couples. Didn't feel rushed even though they were clearly busy. Will make it a destination next time.Special Features:
- I took two of my adult childrenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012I took two of my adult children to Artbar for dinner. It was a beautiful June evening and we sat outside and had a view of the water. The food was good, our waitress was charming and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- waitress was good, but barOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2012waitress was good, but bar service was awful. Incorrect drinks and way too slow. Excellent location and view.Special Features:
- Hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2012LOVE THIS PLACE! It's a real hidden gem! I've eaten here at lunch with friends and in the late evening for a light bite. ALways wonderful! It feels chic without feeling overly trendy or fussy. Wonderful atmosphere outside by the Charles River. Friendly service. Great menu. I'm vegan and always feel that I have selections to choose from. I only hesitate to recommend it because I'm afraid that I won't be able to get a seat when I want one!Special Features:
- Great place but music wasJacquieDined on 6/21/2012Great place but music was a little too loud, and service so-so.Special Features:
- Staff needs trainingKevinDined on 6/19/2012Food was pretty good. Service was a little slow and they seemed disorganized. We were told the the Chef was busy with the a VIP so there were no specials. Drinks were very good and the fried macaroni was excellent. I'd like to give it a chance when the chef was concentrating on the customers.
- Had a birthday lunch datemamamariaDined on 6/19/2012Had a birthday lunch date with my brother. Had the BEST Lobster Cobb Salad with Taragaon aioli and delicate Bibb Lettuce with grilled shrimp. Our beautiful and attentive waitress, Almenida even brought us a gorgeous chocolate cake with Happy Birthday written on the plate, compliments of the restaurant. It was not your average cake but rich and decadent! A perfect indulgence for my birthday! I will be making this place my go to spot at least once a week! Oh and the view as we sat outside on the patio is amazing! Loved watching the sailboats go by and the skyline of Boston!Special Features:
- A very pleasant first timeLunaDined on 6/17/2012A very pleasant first time experience. Will be back for the outdoor seating during the summer.Special Features:
- Some of the food was great.VikkiDined on 6/17/2012Some of the food was great. The drinks were lovely. My mother ordered the waffle and it was cold. When she asked for a new one they just heated the old one. We had to speak with the manager and in the end my mother ordered the pancakes. The pancakes were wonderful. The manager did not charge us for the pancakes or my mother's mimosa. It was just frustrating to have to deal with the same problem. twice however they did try and correct the mistakes.
- Slight upgrade from a typicalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012Slight upgrade from a typical hotel breakfast bar. Expected much more.
- Great food- rude waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/16/2012The food was excellent and the saving grace of our dinning experience. Our waitress was unpleasant and rude. We had a wobbly table and we asked if there was anything we could place under the table to fix the situation, she was very snippy. She then moved us to another table that was also wobbly but made no further effort to rectify the situation. She never brought bread to our table when every other table was served bread, even after we requested it. We ordered the sweet potatoes fries which come with a trio of dipping sauces, she brought us just ketchup. When I asked her about the sauces she told me they didn’t come with any dipping sauces and I had to show her on the menu, only then did she bring out the right order, begrudgingly.
- The wait staff was attentiveReneDined on 6/12/2012The wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. The food was good. The atmosphere was fun and pleasant. We ate outdoors and the view is great.Special Features: