40 Edwin Land Boulevard
Cambridge, MA 02142Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artbarcambridge.com/
- Phone: 6178064122
- Hours of Operation:
6:00 - 11:00 a.m. daily
11:00 - 3:00 p.m. daily
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Sunday
5:00 - 10:00 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday
Late Night Menu until 11:00 p.m. weekdays and 1:00 a.m. Friday & Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brian Dandro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For your next private dinner, holiday party or business meeting, gather at ArtBar for a memorable evening of contemporary art, local cuisine, fine wines and specialty cocktails, all in an intimate space overlooking the Charles River and Boston city skyline.
We offer a spacious private dining room with its own entrance that can accommodate up to 40 guests. The ArtBar boasts stellar selections from the hotel’s world-class art collection while the restaurant features innovative cuisine, a well-curated wine list and seasonal specialty cocktails. A private bar is available upon request and our Wine Director would be happy to pair wine and spirits with your menu for a truly personalized and memorable evening.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Khem 6178064110
- Special Events: For a more interactive experience, take part in one of ArtBar's forty-five minute cocktail making classes complete with a sampling of our appetizers. We invite you to become an amateur Mixologist as you learn how to make a specialty cocktail under the expert instruction of our Director of Food and Beverage, Troy Clarke. Small class sizes ensure that each drink disciple receives plenty of one-on-one guidance for making that perfect martini.
A word from ArtBar
ArtBar is a warm, intimate retreat for food and art lovers located inside the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Cambridge, MA. The ArtBar boasts stellar selections from the hotel's world-class art collection while the restaurant features innovative, regional American cuisine, a well curated wine list and specialty cocktails. Patio seating with unparalleled views of the Charles River and Boston Skyline, make ArtBar a neighborhood destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
ArtBar - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
ArtBar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)scenic view (28)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great view, good foodRobinVIPDined on 9/15/2013Sitting right over the Charles with views of The Salt n Pepper bridge, it doesn't get any better for Sunday morning brunch. Food is good, service is good, ambiance is great. Priced a bit more palatable than other high end brunch spots in Boston and an extensive wine list. I just wish the parents of the wild 4 year old could have either gotten a babysitter or used the word " no" at least once. Who allows their kid to wander around a patio of a restaurant and bother strangers? They thought it was cute. Not so much.Special Features:
- Went for Sunday brunch. Wonderful!mwlsVIPDined on 9/8/2013Went for Sunday brunch. Wonderful! Sat outside along the river on. Beautiful late summer day. Food was delicious, fresh and nicely served. Will be back next time I am in Boston.
- Outdoor experience a mustdiningdabblerVIPDined on 9/7/2013When we arrived to the restaurant I was a bit disappointed by the overly quiet and vacant space indoors. However, it was a nice night so it seems most people had picked the patio for the evening, which was beautiful and had a nice ambience. I'm not sure if the mood is different inside when the seasons change, but I would hesitate to go back if it wasn't a night when you could dine outside. The food and service were both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view with great foodRobinVIPDined on 8/28/2013four of us went for lunch on a nice summer day during restaurant week. We had the clam chowder (good - lots of clams), gazpacho (good) & caesar salad - lots of cheese & nice size portion. Main courses were Chicken marsala - awesome! Proscuitto & mozzarella baguette, burger & sweet potato puffs (very good). The chocolate cake for dessert with the chocolate dipped cherries was divine! The brownie with the mascapone ice cream sandwich was also good. We had great service & water/coffee were refilled. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- The food wasn't spectacular.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/27/2013The food wasn't spectacular. I thought it was too rich and the flavours were a little flat. At the end of the night, I just felt too full and nothing else - that's even though I didn't finish my food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionBirthdaygirlDined on 8/27/2013First time at Art Bar, went with some friends as a post birthday celebration. We went during restaurant week which is a great way to try new places. Art Bar has one of the best outdoor dining experiences with great views of the Charles River, Boston skyline and the sunset. They had a very nice special menu for restaurant week that even included a fabulous cocktail - a nice extra touch. Service was attentive and our waiter offered very helpful advice about the options. I would definitely recommend Art Bar for a special outdoor dining experience. And although we ate outside, the inside dining room looked very cozy and would be great for cooler weather. An added bonus is the fabulous art collection that is all around the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we got there we wereDissapointedDined on 8/25/2013When we got there we were told that there was only a snack menu available, so we left.Special Features:
- reservation????lilfoodieDined on 8/23/2013I made a reservation through open table, but no table was reserved. The food is mediocre. The only stand out is the sweet potato tater tots, but you can't make a meal a meal out of that (though tempting). It is really all about being right on the Charles. If you took Art Bar off the Charles, out of the Royal Sonesta, it would be on the level of the food court at the galleria.Special Features:
- Almost 2 hours for 3 course meal???MikeDined on 8/21/2013This was my first time trying ArtBar. I chose this place for Restaurant week for the menu items and the view. We were seated at 8:15. Now I'm being generous in my time but let's say my date and I ordered at 8:30. We ordered a clam chowder and the spicy oysters. No bread was offered as I had to ask for some. The server stopped by twice (once at 8:50 saying it's on the way and again at 8:55 to bring the chowder). Mine came out 5 minutes later. The oysters were so drenched in spicy sauce that I couldn't taste what I was eating. I didn't finish my plate after a few bites. The main dishes were nothing special. Our server didn't once stop by to ask how everything was even when refilling our drinks. The overall experience was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Girl's night outBlackdogDined on 8/21/2013Love the fact that early evening parking was so easy. Love the outdoor seating and the view of Boston. Bit of a "pick-up" scene at the bar, rather enjoyable though, for us middle-aged women who don't get "hit-on" as much, if at all, like "back in the day".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2013I visited during restaurant week in Boston and this was such a treat. The food selection was innovative and delicious and the ambiance is impressive. I would recommend to friends and I will return again to try more of the unique recipes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/28/2013This was my first Sunday Brunch at ArtBar, a place I enjoy having in the neighborhood. My french toast was excellent and I particularly appreciate when restaurants serve real maple syrup as opposed to the fabricated impostors. My grandson enjoyed surveying the kids menu and choosing his three courses and beverage for $9; the variety listed should likely please most children. The other adults enjoyed their omelets and specialty egg dishes; the only complaint was the toast could be more toasted...an easy fix. It was a beautiful day; we enjoyed a relaxed, unhurried brunch in our outside seating with the view of the Charles.Special Features:
- Very dissapointingBarleyDined on 7/20/2013Terrible incompetent service, mediocre food at best. Very uncomfortable and aggravating dining experience never again!. Maybe for drink in the summer outside only.Special Features:
- Really good for a hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2013Surprisingly good food, very good wine list. Nice decor. Surprised at how good the food was for a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- Outdoor dining on the riverRenee52Dined on 6/29/2013A great place to dine with friends on a summer evening. The menu is somewhat limited, but there is something for everyone. The salads were particularly good. The service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected moreonyourleftDined on 6/26/2013One of the few spots to dine along the Charles. Have walked by this place a hundred times, first time in. Service was efficient, but not classy or special. Food was innovative and tasty. Drinks were expensive and average. Overall its a beautiful location to sit outside on a summer night, but no vibe or feel to this place or the people in it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet afternoonBusinessdinerVIPDined on 6/18/2013ArtBar is a nice place for coffee and dessert in the afternoon. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very loud 90s pop stationKatieVIPDined on 6/15/2013Very loud 90s pop station was playing. It was way too loud especially given that there were only about 4 people dining and really kind of ruined the whole occasion.
- Great view. Interesting food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2013Great view. Interesting food, but overpriced. Interesting white wine sangria, though a bit sweet; essentially tasted like juice. Highlights included the sweet potato tots, mac and cheese spring rolls, and salad with Boston bibb and strawberries and goat cheese and other things. Kinda wish we hadn't spent any money on the cheese, honey, and fruit platter. (I always feel like I easily put together that kind of thing myself.)Special Features:
- MehGraduationDinnerDined on 5/30/201345 minute wait for the table we reserved a month in advance, slow service, no beer selection, meals cooked wrong, near the water but not an AMAZING view of the skyline, which is mostly obscured by trees. Worth noting that the restaurant is on the ground level, not on a rooftop or anything like that.Special Features:
- great nightfoodie1000Dined on 5/23/2013A group of us met at the Art Bar after work for a going away gathering. Weather was bad so we had to stay inside. They gave us a private room and didn't mind at all when double the number on the reservation showed up. Service was great! Very friendly, very accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good debut visit, but not magicalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2013Surprise birthday lunch for my wife was OK but disappointing compared to website impression. When will I learn about hotel restaurants?! Host was borderline surly. Outdoor seating fine - more street/construction than river view for me, thankfully no traffic and my wife enjoyed city skyline and river view around trees. Waitperson was fine. Limited beer list compared to most places so gave up and had high-priced drink instead. Mac-n-cheese dumplings app. wrongly named/described and not great. Lobster salad and broiled trout entrees very good. Weather change forced us out before dessert but nice options we'd have tried. Overall a good meal, and considering limited riverside options in Boston/Cambridge, the outside deck ambiance/view is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for mother's day becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2013Went for mother's day because last year was great. However, this year we couldn't sit outside and there was a buffet instead of a set menu. Also, the room they put us in was terribly loud. My mother said she had a nice time, but I will not be returning for a special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and viewElizabethVIPDined on 5/12/2013I took my mom there for Mother's day with my husband, niece and nephew. Was not really expecting a brunch so was surprised. The food was very good and they kept replenishing it when low. It had a range to cover all different types of appetites from healthy to not so (unbelievable array of desserts), and not one of us could complain, except that we could not move from eating too much. The waitress was exceptional and was always there when we wanted her but not too obtrusive. I would highly recommend it, especially in summer when it would be nice to sit at one of the outdoor tables.Special Features:
- mother's day buffet not the bestExcitedAboutMothersdayDined on 5/12/2013I usually love the Art Bar. However the normal menu was replaced with a mediocre buffet at a very high price. This was not announced on their website 10 day prior to Mother's day when i made the reservations. The service was rushed. The food was not labeled properly to accommodate people with food allergies and the staff did not know the ingredients in the food for the most part. Art bar is great for outdoor dining experience however they were not set up that day even though it did not rain. I love the ambiance and that along with having a great company of friends saved this dining experience. Wilted rose with no leaves Moms received at the end was definitely not a plus. I will still go to ArtBar for lunch but not for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- asked waiter about lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2013asked waiter about lobster roll which he said was really very fresh and sweet lobster with not too much mayo. I could smell it before he set it down. Inedible. Replaced with Shrimp Cocktail - 3 shrimp! for $13. Will never go there again.
- We would definitely returnJessVIPDined on 4/13/2013Hotel restaurants get a bad rep, but ArtBar was a pleasant surprise. Drinks were excellent (which was part of why we went), though they were transitioning from a winter to spring drink menu in the near future, so not all drinks were available. Guys loved the No. 5, the Rootbeer Float was dangerously yummy (though the whipped cream was a weird consistency), and the French Connection punch was awesome. We ordered the mac & cheese eggrolls with ale fondue; too weird not to try and it was AWESOME: crunchy exterior, gooey inside and great fondue sauce. Boys loved the burger: perfect bacon, great side of sweet potato tots. Perfectly cooked scallops, and a delicious spring vegetable stew rounded off the meals. Understaffed so service was iffy.Special Features:
- Great spot on the riverBoarderDined on 4/6/2013I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel restaurant. Food and drinks were very creative and delicious. I was there with a party of six on a Saturday night…not too crowded. But, I’m sure that will change when they open the patio for warmer weather.Special Features:
- ArtBar is great during niceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/4/2013ArtBar is great during nice weather when you can sit on their patio. Sitting inside is an altogether different experience- generic and a bit cramped/loud. The food is good and reasonably priced, but again, summer and outdoor seating is when it shines.Special Features:
- Great brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013We had a lovely Easter brunch for a party of seven at Art Bar. The buffet was well stocked, as you would expect, and the food was delicious, especially the tender, flavorful lamb, classic eggs Benedict and perfectly cooked bacon. The dessert bar was a work of art, and the chocolate mousse concoction with edible chocolate butterfly wings was divine. The ambiance is pleasantly hipster, and Art Bar does have a cool contemporary art collection.Special Features:
- nice spot, would go againIlovespicyfoodVIPDined on 2/14/2013Came here for Valentine's Day, so my experience is limited to their prix-fixe option. Great server, very attentive but not overbearing. Beautiful decor, and the hotel it is within is beautiful too. Although I didn't get a drink, the cocktail menu looked great and had some cocktails that piqued my interest. Food was all very tasty. I noticed some of the items seemed to have extras that weren't really necessary. Gnocchi with duck and root vegetables was delish and the pomegranate seeds on top were a bit distracting. Salmon was moist and tender. Grain with the salmon had no taste at all. Salad was yummy. Loved the chocolate dessert.Special Features:
- Nice ambience, friendly service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013Nice ambience, friendly service, gourmet food at a reasonable price. The outdoor tables along the Charles for warm-weather dining are a bonus for this restaurant that does not need one. Our best Cambridge-Somerville restaurant "find" in years.Special Features:
- The food would have been moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013The food would have been more stars had it arrived hot. It was Luke warm, the flavors were good. We had the cod and scallops. The manager was very helpful with the wine selection, after tasting 3 glasses and not being satisfied, he produced a great one! Part of our party had Martini's, the first one was a little watery, but the second was perfect. It was a cold evening and sitting by any of the outside windows had a draft. My husband had the vegetarian special and it came hot and he enjoyed it a lot.
- Perfect way to ring in the New YearOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012I came here for the 5-course New Year's Eve special and was blown away by each course. The meal was certainly pricey, but there was no skimping on the food quantity or quality. My girlfriend and I also chose to do the cocktail pairing with each meal and for $25 extra, this was a bargain. The sweet potato gnocchi with brussel sprouts may have been my favorite item, but perhaps only because it came out first and each successive plate was just icing on the cake. Speaking of which, the desert trio was the perfect way to end a meal and even more so with a toast of champagne (complementary due to the occasion) while watching the First Night fireworks through our window view across the river). Can't say enough, thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- They were able to accommodateJennyPDined on 12/18/2012They were able to accommodate my no-sugar, no-wheat diet very easily.
- The ArtBar is a festive spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012The ArtBar is a festive spot to celebrate the holidays. A comfortable setting, nice menu for lunch and an attentive staff all made for an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- I had a vegetarian risotto,CambridgeDined on 11/27/2012I had a vegetarian risotto, modified to replace the mascarpone with parmegian. It was plentiful but a bit salty. My friend had the hamburger, which came with a choice of potato; she chose the sweet potato tots and they were very good. The dish was plentiful too.Special Features:
- Good food, nice atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Good food, nice atmosphere, good service. The wine list is a bit pricey though.Special Features:
- Had fixed menu ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Had fixed menu Thanksgiving meal. Plenty of food --tastefully done.Special Features:
- Most notably hard to escapewowieVIPDined on 11/17/2012Most notably hard to escape the fact one is still in a hotel. The view of the Charles is nice. Good food for lunch. The art was the highlight.