200 Shore Road
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.robertos.com/
- Phone: 2076468130
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Ocampo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Cammarota 207-646-8130
- Special Events: Sunset Specials daily Except Saturday form 5pm to 6 pm 18.95 complete 3 course
A word from Roberto's Restaurant
Over the past 30 years, our family has brought you the finest in hand crafted Italian food here in Ogunquit Maine. We stock only the finest imported olive oils, select tomatoes from the Tri-Valley Growers in California, and fresh native seafood. Our greens, herbs and vegetables are delivered to our chefs daily and to offer healthy choices, we do not use ANY salt or preservatives in our Italian recipes. We take pride in selecting and serving our food in Southern Maine and have continued this tradition for over 30 years. We are located in a restored 1850 farm house with wide beams and pumpkin pine hard wood floors, several small dining rooms and two larger rooms. Enjoy our small espresso bar, where full liquor is available and local beers are on tap. Small plates of our gourmet dishes are also available. Have fun watching a big game on our flat screen TV while enjoying the warmth of our working fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roberto's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (30)romantic (29)good for groups (25)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Don't Bring a Big GroupDuckVIPDined on 8/18/2013We were we were a party of 8, and didn't get our entrees for an hour and a half after we were seated. No apologies, no offer of dessert, etc. I wouldn't run a restaurant that way. Also, they confused our reservation, made online (which we physically pointed out on their computer screen) with someone else's, made us wait 20 minutes, and were nasty about it. Not a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- DisappointingHappyLeaderVIPDined on 8/17/2013We both ordered the same lobster dish. We waited a LONG time for it to be served. When my wife's came out, it was in a red and spicy sauce. Mine was buttery color and bland. When we asked the waitress why, she said she didn't know but would ask the chef. She came back to say it was the different color of the lobster's juice. Sure!
- Roberto's Aug 17/13HenryDined on 8/17/2013LOUD and SLOW, a serious disappointment. Don't go. Server was apologetic but initially apathetic. As the kitchen continued in slowness and she saw we were getting annoyed, she started to be more attentive. Of the two dishes, one, the seafood Diavolo, was excellent when it finally arrived. My wife's swordfish was overcooked, the spinach unseasoned, bitter, and not worth the trouble of throwing it on the plate. While the server was apologetic, no one from management was visible, no offer of a drink to offset. 2.5 hours of our vacation we will never get back. Avoid and go across the street to Katie's
- A great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2013The place was packed but we were seated at a great table right away, we did have a reservation. Elena our server was excellent. We ordered cocktails andsaid we will wait to order our meal. She responded by telling us the kitchen was very busy and our entrees would probably take 30-40 minutes as everthing is made to order. We followed her advice and ordered the appetizers and entrees and enjoyed our cocktails. As if on cue she asked if we were ready to start. The food at Roberto's is excellent, rich lobster bisque, clams casino done perfectly and the lazy lobster was superb. The sauce was amazing. If you are planning a trip to Ogunquit in season book Roberto's, you womn't be disappointed. The food, the drinks and staff were greatSpecial Features:
- Won't be returningMe17augDined on 8/17/2013Our experience at Roberto's was awlful there were four of us we arrived at 7:15 our waiter was not very informed about the specials and she we could hardly hear her. we wait almost an hour before are entrees hit the table . The swordfish was very dry and the ristto was salty . The only good thing was the valet . Will not be returning .Special Features:
- Great choice of entreesWaylifeshouldBDined on 8/17/2013What we love about Robertos is that the menu isn't limited to Italian food, although it is a specialty. Our party of four were all very pleased with our selections, ranging from seafood to veal dishes. We are local residents and return regularly - good food and they take reservations, a must during the summer time in Ogunquit. We also had a very good waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Roberto'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2013I enjoyed my entree (pasta.primavera) while my husband found the veal parm too greasy . The sundae was large enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not cooked wellMaineagainDined on 8/14/2013The food was not cooked well and the service was terrible
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2013Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Best Italian restaurant we have ever been toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty Foodgarden76Dined on 8/13/2013On our yearly vacation in Ogunquit, we dine at Roberto's; however, it was a very dissappointing diner this year. We ordered the Penne ans Sausage Calabrese, which was merely satisfactory (a bit bland) and the Seafood Risotto whish was extremely salty. When the waiter asked about our food, I requested him to tell the chef how extrodinarily salty the seafood risotto was and that I was unable to even eat half of the portion due to the saltiness. Unfortunately, there was no apology for the food from the waiter nor the chef and in no way was there any offer of a compensation on our bill or for any portion of our dinner. The chef needs to decrease salt usage! Overall, a very unsatisfactory dining experience.
- Great food and wonderful serviceDianeDined on 8/13/2013I've been to Roberto's every year in the 20 years. It was always great. The food is always very good. This year I took the burrata cheese appetizer and it was great. The service was very good even the valet parking personal was great. I love that restaurant in a wonderful spot. It's always been great expériences. I've been there with many different persons: boyfriend, friends and family and sometimes by myself and the experience was always great. The service was always adjusted to the situation I was in. The food is always good quality and the wine liste is satisfying. The prices are reasonable for the quality. Most likely, I will go back next year. I look forward to. Please don't change anything. The place is also always clean.Special Features:
- Roberto'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2013Always, Always Amazing! Best Cioppino I have ever had. I have it every time and nothing else compares!Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2013Not only was the food delicious but the service provided by Felice was great. The food was spiced just right, the portions were just what you wanted, the wine choices excellent and the cocktails delicious. We had a great time and a wonderful meal. It had been a long time since we had gone there but we'll be back again shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceMikeVIPDined on 8/11/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our first dining experience at Roberto's. We had a reservation and were seated promptly when we arrived. Our server, Elena, was very efficient and engaging. The veal saltimbacco and the veal osso bucco were great. We finished with blueberry pie and ice cream. An Excellent Dining Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food delayNannyLaVIPDined on 8/6/2013It took a long time to get our food as well as other tables around us. Our server was excellent and attentive.Special Features:
- Overall good, some flawsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2013The atmosphere is great. Some dishes were outstanding, others were lacking. The osso bucco is not traditional and not enjoyable: it was served with no bone/marrow, and the risotto was less than average. Having said that, the papardelle was excellent, as were the crab cakes. I would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Weekends in a row!Hate2cookVIPDined on 8/3/2013We had such a good meal last weekend that we wanted to bring friends. It was as good as the previous week so consistency is not a problem. All 4 of us had different fish dishes and they were all terrific! The bar staff is really attentive (Johnny in particular). The sauce (for pasta) is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dinner overall was wellRGMOttawaDined on 8/1/2013The dinner overall was well paced and the waiter Rob who served us as welll as the rest of the staff were very good. This is our first time in Ogunquit and Roberto's will definitely be on our list for a return visit. Visited July 2013Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2013We were a group of 8 including kids. Service was fun and attentive . Menu is diverse, servings are generous. Food was very good at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DinnerHate2cookVIPDined on 7/27/2013We had such a terrific dinner. The swordfish was so fresh! The entire meal was just terrific. We do go there all the time but it was the first time this summer and it exceeded our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!MainelySummerDined on 7/26/2013Husband & I vacation in Maine every summer. Last yr was our first time at Roberto's & we we were eager to go back this year. We certainly were not disappointed. Absolutely delish. I got the Seafood Risotto & it was amazing & the best risotto I've ever had. The Osso bucca I had a bite of, I'm not a huge lamb eater, but it was delish. My only wish was that they had a few more app options...but that's it, otherwise it's great. We sat at the bar both times. I'm usually not one to sit on a high top in a bar for a nice dinner, but the atmosphere was great. People in the bar (many regulars) were so friendly. The same goes for the bartenders, extremely friendly & outgoing & just very personable. We will be back next year for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Oqunquit RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2013We visit Ogunquit every summer and make it a point to dine at Roberto's. It never fails to please. The ambience is special, not your typical beach restaurant. The food is always wonderful. Servers are courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A family favoriteMetrowestDinnerDined on 7/20/2013We dine at Roberto's whenever we are in Ogunquit. It is one of our favorite restaurants because the food is consistently good and it is kid friendly. There is something for everyone on the menu from veggies to seafood to pasta and their red sauce is amazing! While the service was a bit slow this time, it will not stop us from returning to Roberto's again the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2013Very slow service. Tables really crammed in there. So crowded and on a very hot day, the AC system could not cool down the old house. It was unbearably hot. Eggplant parm was not good, and the chicken saltimbocca was not prepared as described- no prosciutto in it and had a tomato based sauce, rather than light Marsala as on menu. The crostini, arugula, Roma tomatoes and mozzarella appetizer was quite good though. Would not return.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2013We were greeted professionally and with a friendly smile. Our waiter was outstanding being knowledgeable about the menu, friendly and attentive. The main room where we were seated has a very warm and comfortable feeling to it. The dipping oil with tomato is wonderful. The apps we ordered made for a nice presentation not to mention how tasty they were. The rack of lamb, chicken picata and penne bolognese were terrific. Pricey yes but worth it. I will recommend Roberto's as a dining spot when visiting Ogunquit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2013We arrived early for our reservation and were greeted by a friendly hostess who would have taken us directly to our table but we choose to sit at the bar and enjoy a drink before dinner. Bar was warm and welcoming with friendly staff and other customers. Fun place. Food was delicious, swordfish and filet mignon were cooked perfectly. Red sauce very tasty. Good wine! We will go back again for sure! Not too crowded or noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013Like the previous reviews, the food at Roberto's was very good. Unfortunately, it took over an hour from when we ordered the food to see it come to our table. It was good food, but it was a long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going downhillMrsShortsDined on 7/5/2013We were greeted on time for a party of 8. We kept the reservation because it was brutally hot out (so not outdoor eateries that night!) and we knew there was AC inside. They also were able to take a res. for 8 people which most restaurants will not do. We had been there before and the food and service had been much better. This was disappointing. The apps & salads all arrived at different times. The main courses were mixed up and only tasted ok. The server was sweet but if the food isn't great it almost doesn't matter. I don't think I'd go back.Special Features:
- Overall nice Italian placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2013Overall nice Italian place in ogunquit between Perkins cove and Main Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...horrible serverDanLDined on 6/29/2013My wife and I ate here on a Saturday night. Everyone was very friendly and the servers had smiles on there faces. We were early for our reservation and they sat us immediately. The drinks were great and the food was delicious. Unfortunately, our server's knowledge of the menu was lacking and her attentiveness was nonexistent. We sat with empty drinks for a long time. By the time she got our second drink for us we were finished our meals. We did notice other servers were doing a great job with their guests. We may have just got a bad egg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable place now I startSuzanneDined on 6/29/2013Unbelievable place now I start going there many years ago always have excellent experience but now, I will never go back and I will tell people , start with bad place in the restaurant because we have a child they put us close to the kitchen like customer wont see us we were feeling like monster, I ask the hostess for another table the one have use to have but let me know with kids impossible and the owner told me that table was reserve and I told her I made my reservation months ago was confuse . . . the food was not good at all but a chance the waiter was ok even feeling bad for us. After 25 years going at that place I WILL NEVER GO BACK AND I WILL NOTICE PEOPLES I KNOW ABOUT IT.
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2013The four of us had a wonderful experience at Roberto's. The atmosphere was lovely and quiet. The food was excellent with very good portions. The service was attentive but not overwhelming. We will definitely return to Roberto's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Wait for Excellent Foodluv2travelDined on 6/22/2013We arrived at 7:15PM for a 7:30PM reservation and were promptly seated. Appetizers were also promptly served, but entrees were not served until 9:15PM when we were the last ones left in the restaurant.. The waiter never once stopped by to explain or apologize for the delay. Also, in 2 out of 6 cases, entrees were not what we ordered when they did arrive. At our request, we did talk to the manager who comped us a round of drinks and desserts. Bottom line, the food was excellent & the management was sincere in trying to make up for the bad service, but there are so many restaurants in the Ogunquit, Maine area with both excellent food AND service that it is unlikely we'll be returning to Roberto's.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2013We enjoyed an excellent meal at Roberto's before seeing a show at Ogunquit Playhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey for pastaluvfoodDined on 6/14/2013Service was very slow, meals did not come out together so some of us waited quite a while tioll the rest of the group was served.- no ap;logies or explanations on why the delay. Portions were very small for an Italian Resturant that was not what I would consider fine dining for need a small parttion. Spnach was everywhere. My meal was supposed to be with pasta never got it, another member of party pasta side did not arrive till e out 3 mintes after his meal was delivered. For the amount we paid, not worth it at all with so many other great places nearby.
- Roberto's has a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2013Roberto's has a wonderful ambience in both the dining area and bar. The food and service compliment the overall feel. Definitely worth trying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food and staffpartyof12Dined on 6/8/2013I can't wait to go back. We had a party of 12 and Robertos could not have been more accommodating. The food was amazing from the seafood risotto to the lobster tail and the filet mignon we enjoyed it all and were stuffed leaving. The location is great walking distance from our girl and the town. I will absolutely dine here again. Next time I will save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group of six people thoroughlyClockerDined on 6/7/2013Our group of six people thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Roberto's. The service was friendly and attentive, and our meals were excellent. We will definitely return to Roberto's on future visits to Ogunquit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good OptionKlnineDined on 6/1/2013A nice option for Italian food in Ogunquit. It was quiet and not crowded on a Saturday night. The food was good but not spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service and atmospherepok2ogtDined on 6/1/2013Roberto's is in walking distance from Ogunquit and Perkins Cove. Have eaten here two years in a row while on vacation. Was seated upon arrival with a reservation and drink order taken quickly. Wait staff very friendly and courteous. food was prepared per orderand brought to the table hot. Very nice atmoshphere with plenty of window seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.