The Front Page - VA
4201 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Front Page - VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frontpagearlington.com/
- Phone: 7032489990
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Herbert Velasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Looking to hold a special event? From Luncheons and Office Parties to formal sit down dinners the Front Page can accommodate any party big or small. With our back bar and atrium space we can host parties from 20 Guests to 300 Guests. The bare space can be set to be unique to each party that we host. And there is something for everyone in our large party package menus.
- Entertainment: Please check out website for information.
A word from The Front Page - VA
Famous for our great food, affordable prices, and friendly service, The Front Page has been a Dupont Circle institution since the day we opened our doors in 1987 and now open in Arlington. Whether you want to watch the game on one of our nine televisions, enjoy a relaxing meal with family and friends, or have a cocktail and dance the night away we are the perfect place. The architectural highlights of exposed brick lend a rustic sensibility in the middle of bustling Ballston, while the white tablecloths and linen napkins provide a touch of cosmopolitan elegance. Our menu highlights American cuisine, with Steaks, Pastas, Seafood prominently featured as well as sandwiches, salads, and the best Baby Back Ribs you will ever have. In addition, every night for dinner and every weekday for lunch our chefs prepare several sumptuous specials. Saturdays we have an a-la-Carte breakfast menu and Sundays we serve an extensive All You Can Eat Country Brunch Buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Front Page - VA - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
The Front Page - VA reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (9)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- I went to The Front Page forjc6202VIPDined on 2/10/2009I went to The Front Page for lunch recently and found the service to be friendly and attentive. The food was very good and I appreciated the soft drink refills without asking and the fact that the manager even worked the room to make sure everything was satisfactory. I was impressed, overall. While it can be a bit loud up front, the rear area towards the building's atrium is generally quiet. My turkey burger was perfectly cooked and the fries were excellent. I will come back and try dinner since the service was so good.Special Features:
- I wish I could say I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2009I wish I could say I would go back but our server was so awful that I will never return and cannot reccomend it to anyone. It's to bad because the food was good.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant andjackieVIPDined on 2/2/2009I love this restaurant and the fact that they give 1,000 points makes me love it more and also that they are so accessible to our metro. JackieSpecial Features:
- I think the place is actuallyLizCVIPDined on 1/30/2009I think the place is actually better than my experience was...service was extremely slow...appetizer came 3 minutes before the entree (even though we ordered it way ahead of time!). French fries were soggy and cold. Ribs were pretty good.Special Features:
- We were asked to leave ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/30/2009We were asked to leave our table before we were ready to leave. I have never been asked to leave a restaurant in all my years of dining out. I did not think this was at all appropriate. I will not recommend this restaurant to friends.
- We went on a Sunday night,OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/25/2009We went on a Sunday night, rather late, about 9:30 p.m., and the bar was loud and crowded (fun if that's what you're looking for). While the Mahi Mahi special and Prime Rib were excellent and the service quite attentive, the noise and smoke from the bar were a bit distracting and overwhelming.Special Features:
- I felt the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2009I felt the food and service were excellent, as was the value both in quantity and quality. The presentation was very good as well. The condition of facilities, seating and general ambiance was average.Special Features:
- We went to dinner knowingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/13/2009We went to dinner knowing that it is a hot spot for business folks, and well, there were a lot of business folks. Overall it was a good experience, service was good, the food was not outstanding, tasted the same as any other place.Special Features:
- Chicken on salads a littleFleurdorDined on 1/6/2009Chicken on salads a little dry Fries with the sandwiches had been sitting around a while - cold and droopy French Dip was good
- Great: food, menu, service,jackieVIPDined on 1/5/2009Great: food, menu, service, prices What a find! Thanks Open Table.Special Features:
- We had the Sunday brunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/4/2009We had the Sunday brunch buffet and the food was very nice and well presented. Our waiter lacked alot of skill. He paid little attention to our needs and brought our check long before we were ready to leave. My friend and I left our table at the same time and it was cleared as if we were leaving--not very welcoming. We will probably not return.
- Pleasant experience and niceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/2/2008Pleasant experience and nice local restaurant. Friendly wait staff and fast service.
- I've been to Front Page beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008I've been to Front Page before and enjoyed it very much. I was very disappointed in the Thanksgiving Buffet. They were out of potatoes, the turkey was dry and all they had for dessert was carrot cake and coffee cake. I felt it was a waste of money. I thought I'd make up for my disappointment by ordering dessert off the menu but they wouldn't let us order anything off the menu...buffet only.
- My friend and I had the MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/17/2008My friend and I had the Montreal Monday special that came with wine for about $23. We both enjoyed the steak and baked potato, and the wine was a nice bonus, although not terribly upscale. A good place to go for a change of pace if you want local and good food.Special Features:
- The food here was excellent!ang29booDined on 11/10/2008The food here was excellent! Although we had a little snag with the hostess in the beginning because she didn't realize what OpenTable was, although her screen read " OpenTable", we chalked that up to her being relatively new and this being more of a relaxed scene than for my use of it being a nice place to take my fiancee for his bday dinner. We started our meal off with a bowl of chili that was actually big enough for us both to share, but not knowing led us to getting two bowls of chili. We then got the deviled shrimp, which were also delicious and got grilled shrimp with corn coulis. Everything was delicious and all that food everything only came to $80! We also had a chocolate cake with a candle for the bday that was nice and rich!Special Features:
- The staff was in the weeds,johnnymaxVIPDined on 10/14/2008The staff was in the weeds, but very accomodating none the less. Good casual dining spot.
- The food at Front page isOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/7/2008The food at Front page is good however the ambience is lacking. The major point is not the noise, which was deafening on a Tuesday night, but the smoke coming from the bar area. In this day and age the Front page should realize that diners do not want to eat in a smoky room, even they are themselves smokers. It alter the taste of the food and makes people want to exit quickly, so they do not stay for another drink, or dessert. Restaurants might foolishly assume that no smoking policies will hurt business but studies have shown the reverse. Time for the front page to enter the 21st century and become a smoke free environment.Special Features:
- Tuesday night, not very busy.pwbeantownDined on 9/30/2008Tuesday night, not very busy. Sat outside, not too much traffic noise, lots of people watching. Good chef's salad except for tomato which looked like the pale kind we get in winter instead of the end of summer vine ripened. I'd go back!Special Features:
- had to send back a steak asOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2008had to send back a steak as it was over cooked. Good was ok, but not great
- There were four of us andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/9/2008There were four of us and the food was ok. One of us got the 1 1/2 lb lobster special which was a great value; I got the tuna which was ovedrcooked It was a good place to eat though and hold a meeting.Special Features:
- Quantity of food was inspiringOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2008Quantity of food was inspiring -- sandwiches were tasty and filling. Service was timely and prompt -- except: main course was served while we were still eating appitizers. Menu had plentiful and varied choices.Special Features:
- The food was adequate butWhoosieDined on 8/24/2008The food was adequate but the service was abysmal. The brunch was OK - great bacon and omelets. Had to ask for the omelet chef, tho. Ordinary sausage and salmon. We sat outside, which was nice, except the traffic was obtrusive (noisy). The service made an OK brunch a disaster. The waiter failed to bring a glass for one person - he tried to take the glass from someone else at the table and give it to the arrivee. No silverware was set -- we had to go find the waiter stand and get it for ourselves. No additional water was served -- our waiter disappeared for about 20 minutes. We found an empty pitcher and took it to the bar, where a kind bartender gave it to us. We waited over 1/2 hour after being done for the check.
- Not a bad spot for a bite.johnnymaxVIPDined on 8/23/2008Not a bad spot for a bite. Priced reasonably. Outside seating for brunch/lunch was a plus. Waiter was not particularly attentive or responsive. I am ambivalent; I won't be rushing back, but I am not crossing it off the list, either. For the price, and taken for what it is, it was pleasant, but unmemorable.Special Features:
- The location of this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2008The location of this restaurant is convenient since it is directly across from the Ballston Mall. However, the chicken pasta that I ordered could use some improvement. The chicken was dry and the pasta overcooked. I felt like I was in a sports bar environment.
- Service was horrendous; waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2008Service was horrendous; waitress was new/overburdened-got our drink orders wrong and after waiting 1 hour for dinner to arrive, we learned our ticket was "lost" and we had to reorder dinner at 9:15! Manager sent her apologies to our table via the waitress rather than coming over to apologize in person. We asked to have the manager come to our table. She offered us a free round of drinks (which was ridiculous since we were already waiting for drinks we ordered 15 min prior that never showed up). In the end, the made it right - the mgr came over and said the general manager comped our entire bill and then gave each couple a $50 gift certificate to return at a later date to give the restaurant a 2nd chance.
- There was a mouse scurringOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2008There was a mouse scurring around in the kitchen, which we saw several times. It smelled like cigarette smoked, the service was atrocious, and the food was pretty awful. I used to think opentable.com had only high quality restaurants on its lists, but now I'm not so sure.