Solea Restaurant and Tapas Bar
388 Moody Street
Waltham, MA 02453Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Solea Restaurant and Tapas Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.solearestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7818941805
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Michael Brunson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Solea can accommodate groups of 20-250. Call or email for details
- Private Party Contact: Coleen Noonan; Hope Alvarez 7818941805
A word from Solea Restaurant and Tapas Bar
Solea offers a warm Mediterranean atmosphere with its richly colored walls, mosaics and sparkling lamps. It is the perfect destination for a quick bar snack, an after work gathering or a celebratory dinner. Private spaces are available for formal sit-down dinners, casual buffets, or cocktail receptions for groups of 25-250 people. The menu includes over 40 tapas (Spanish appetizers and entrees. The bar offerings range from : traditional sangria, Latino cocktails, and wines from Spain, Portugal, Chile, and Argentina.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Solea Restaurant and Tapas Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (62)special occasion (50)romantic (37)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Solea always impresses!FoodiefoodDined on 7/17/2014My husband and I have dined at Solea numerous times and it's always good. This past time was the same! Good food, good drinks... Maybe time to shake up the menu a bit as I haven't seen anything new on it for about a year and a half, but hey, if it works...! The only slightly negative I have was that our server seemed overworked... He had a full section and then was asked to pick up a 12 top. So there was some delay in being able to order our tapas and then again when we were looking to order more drinks... But that's no fault of his! Go to Solea... It's really good tapas and drinks, wrapped up in a charming environment!Special Features:
- Enjoyable food and serviceLvanGoDined on 7/12/2014We've actually been to spain so tapas here in the US are hard to compare to the real deal. In saying that the food and drinks were well worth the price. Furthermore our waiter has been working there for at least 10 years and the service was fantastic with a table of 5 who kept him busy. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Since the front of the restaurant opens to the street, we got all of the street noise and heat.Special Features:
- A Delightful FindFoodieLoverDined on 7/11/2014Dined for dinner with my wife, and were both delighted by this seemingly popular tapas restaurant. Excellent and knowledgeable service, decent wine selection, and a large and diverse menu which should provide ample choices regardless of what foods you prefer.Special Features:
- You haven't seen the last of us!LAjackDined on 7/8/2014Beautifully prepared food , we will return!The service was perfect and very knowledgeable about food items. Next time for quieter dining I'd ask for the blue room.Special Features:
- Every dish unique and deliciousToddBDined on 7/4/2014From the incredibly tasty crusty bread to the satisfying dessert and every tapas dish in between (esp. the sausage and fig dish), it was a great meal. The Sangria, slightly fruitier than Sol Azteca's, was very refreshingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1078 reviews are from the Solea Restaurant and Tapas Bar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant - I love their Tapas and sangria. Portion sizes are very generous for a Tapas restaurant. Very relaxing dining experience.Special Features:
- Tapas deliciosasChicaDined on 6/21/2014We had a great lunch with some wonderfully creative tapas. The favorites at our table were the pato braseado, the chuletillas, and the albondigas de cordero. The sauces on each were fantastic. The paella valenciana was okay, but it seemed like it should have cooked longer, as the rice was still a bit loose and watery. Then again, I've been spoiled by having the real thing in Valencia, and nothing really compares to that, so I may be a bit too critical of a judge on that one. The atmosphere was great, as was the service, and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantBiggsDined on 6/20/2014I enjoyed my 1st experience at Solea and will definitely be back there again and again. I would say that if it could open later or even into a after hour spot, You could generate alot more revenue. You definitely have the space for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2014food was great, good selection, variety of tapas, had a number of vegetarian selections as well, pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!BAHBAHDined on 6/15/2014Solea is one of our "go to" spots. This time it was Father's Day ... but we always can count on having a great meal and a great experience at Solea!Special Features:
- Creative tapas great sangriaRamundDined on 6/15/2014Terrific food experience with variety and creativity. Short ribs were great, and don't overlook the veggies. Sangria just like in the ol country. Only negative was being stuck in room that soon become empty, though we did make a reservation and other tables seemed available. Next time we'll say something.Special Features:
- Best Dinner EVER!!!!bestfoodaroundDined on 6/15/2014The waitstaff was the nicest, most competent, friendliest I have ever seen while still seeming sincere. The Food was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!! Every bite was better than the next. I will return here at my earliest convenience!!!!Special Features:
- Delicious and fabulous servicefoodelightDined on 6/14/2014We had a couple dishes that were exceptional seasonal treats: red pepper gazpacho and watermelon jicama salad. Our waiter was very attentive and very knowledgable. All in all avery pleasant sining experience.Special Features:
- Good restaurant for diverse tastes.PapaLewDined on 6/7/2014We had diverse tastes and found a mix of tapas to please all of us. We ordered eight for the four of use and that was plenty. I was surprised that I liked the chicken liver (using English rather than Spanish names) as it is not one of my favorites. The Sangria Royale was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Early Summer DinnerChetDined on 5/31/2014We had a early Saturday dinner at Solea with our teenage son. The windows to Moody Street were open, the Spanish music was playing and it really felt like Summer. Our son enjoyed the Tapas selections and the fun environment. Thanks Solea.Special Features:
- Quite impressed!TravelinFoodieDined on 5/30/2014Spur of the moment dinner date and we were quite impressed!! Best sangria I've ever had! And the tapas were incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for tapasPhilDined on 5/30/2014There are so many interesting choices on the menu that you will want to come back again soon to try the ones you didn't have room for the first time. Love the whole tapas concept ... with small servings you can try more things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great once they found us a waiternsadovniVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is a favorite destination for our family and as usual the food did not disappoint. It took the management 10 minutes to assign us a waiter, but once he knew we were his responsibility, he was great. Recommend the seviche, patatas bravas, gambas al ajillo and crab/mango/guacamole thingie.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!NewcomerVIPDined on 5/23/2014When you just don't want to settle for one meal, yet share small portions with friends! This is the place to come! Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatsnorkelsDined on 5/18/2014Great Food, great Sangria. The tapas are unusual, individually tasty. Especially liked the scallops in saffron sauce and lamb chops. The restaurant was packed with graduation party, so the service was a tad slow, but they were trying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for celebration lunchMtVernonVIPDined on 5/18/2014Lunch at 3:30 meant that the restaurant was reasonably quiet, so we got full attention from the waitstaff and excellent service. Food was tasty and came out at appropriate times. Tapas were well-sized, perfect for eating and drinking and talking. Drinks were good, not watered down. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Fabulous tapashockeymom520Dined on 5/17/2014Went here to celebrate my son's graduation. Also celebrated New Years eve here with a large family. It is a wonderful atmosphere, great service, awesome tapas to share. Everyone loved it!!Special Features:
- Authentic MenuMassimilianoDined on 5/10/2014Great restaurant with great food. Somewhat more of a Brazilian flavor than Mediterranean, but still great.Special Features:
- Great food in small NE town settingJimfromBostonDined on 5/9/2014Always love a good tapas restaurant, and this one doesn't disappoint. Great selection, every dish tasted fresh and they even offered a gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!ljd42VIPDined on 5/9/2014The three of us ordered soup for one plus seven tapas to share, which turned out to be plenty for us. Service was impeccable: prompt (without being rushed), professional, and friendly. The food was uniformly excellent: beef barley soup, goat cheese in tomato sauce, sautéed artichokes, wild mushrooms, broccoli/cauliflower combo, salmon in dijon cream sauce, special salad, potatoes with piquant sauce, and espresso (no room for churros). Among the tapas, the artichokes and mushrooms were especially outstanding. The restaurant was surprisingly uncrowded for a Friday evening, but then again we had to eat early as we were on our way to a play. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yeah TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014There is such a wonderful variety of different tapas to suit everyone from the carnivore to the vegetarian, and all delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot, will returnoconnellk10Dined on 5/3/2014Great food and cocktails. Unfortunately, our food was delivered so quickly, we didn't spend much time in the restaurant. In/out very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service left a bad tasteMonomoymomDined on 5/3/2014It was family date night! My husband and I decided to take our 12 and 14 yr old for Tapas. They had never had tapas before and we love it. My children are foodies themselves! So just after we sit the waiter comes over and asks if we want drinks. My daughter who is 12 asked for a virgin margarita, my son said I'll have one too. The waiter looks at me and says I will have to charge you the same price as regular margaritas, $9.00!! I said that was fine. After the waiter left the table my husband and I looked at each other and said how and why is that possible. It was a glass of juice. It seemed really excessive. Overall the food was good. Vegetarian paella was excellent. Service was abrasive. But we wouldn't go back.
- A New Tapas FanTuchDined on 5/1/2014I wanted to try Solea for a few years now, but was afraid of "small plates" as I LOVE food, and plenty of it. Finally went with an old college friend who'd been before and convinced me that I wouldn't be disappointed. I can't say enough about the food --- incredibly gourmet and plentiful. I am a new fan and am dying to bring my "foodie" husband back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent tapas, friendly serviceDmitryBVIPDined on 4/30/2014Highly recommend to anyone who likes small tasty dishes. The staff is always nice and friendly, the service is quick and the atmosphere is nice. In summer they open their windows and you can enjoy fresh air.Special Features:
- MACNatickVIPDined on 4/26/2014The food and service was good, but nothing really stood out.
- GOOD AS USUAL.dannDined on 4/26/2014SOLEA HAS QUITE A SELECTION OF TAPAS AND I LIKE BEING ABLE TO SHARE MULTIPLE SELECTIONSI would recommend this to a friend.
- very good flavorsredfishieDined on 4/25/2014Great friendly tapas place. This was a really enjoyable place with a nice layout, lots of room, and wonderful food.Special Features:
- Pretty restaurant.Tapas2perfectDined on 4/19/2014Good tapas, loved the decor and the atmospher😊nice and good cleanliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas FavoritesOpus25VIPDined on 4/18/2014It is like a trip to Spain... Great food. Special are always interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed itacwpvdVIPDined on 4/9/2014first time at solea as we were just passing thru the area. really loved the food. excellent tapas! had about 12 different things and all were absolutely fantastic. will try to get back to the area soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely PerfectFoodIsLoveVIPDined on 4/6/2014Been before. Would go again. Would go regularly.... Never had a bad experience. My dining partner (who'd never been) was delightedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tapas Restaurant in areaMartyDined on 4/5/2014The two of us just had 6 small plates which we shared. All were very tasty. Cocktails were average. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/4/2014Usually love Solea but service was terrible. He didn't come around much to help us and when he did we felt like we were bothering him.Special Features: