1710 Edgewater Dr.
Orlando, FL 32804Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kwinebar.com/
- Phone: 4078722332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2pm, Dinner: Monday & Tuesday 6 -9pm Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Kevin Fonzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms & restaurant buy out available.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Francoforte 4078722332
- Special Events: Pop up events on Sundays such as farm to table dinners or low country boil as well as a wine tastings and wine dinners.
A word from K restaurant
Chef-owned by Kevin F. Fonzo, a James Beard Award nominee, K restaurant is a nationally recognized, upscale dining restaurant featuring eclectic American cuisine that reflects the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
K restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
K restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)neighborhood gem (89)special occasion (77)romantic (64)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (16)hot spot (16)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- 2nd time still not goodJiggsVIPDined on 4/14/2014Went here for the second time hoping we will get a better experience, unfortunately we had a subpar experience. The wait staff are snotty. For one appetizer we ordered - the chicken liver, they charge a different price in the bill with what was written in the menu. The fried green tomatoes was not as good as before- it's smaller and it's soaked in oil. The deviled eggs was uninspired and bland.
- Best dish in Orlando1601foodiesDined on 4/12/2014One dish is all you need--the lamb ribs appettizer. Amazing, we could have ordered 4 of those and called it a night. Everything else was on point and we had a great dinner. I don't know how we had missed this place before but am glad for the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another strong performance at KJBTOpenTableDined on 4/12/2014The food has always been solid and this most recent experience was no exception. The service is good. The food is inventive and good to excellent.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY DINNERmarioDined on 4/10/2014The food was very good as we had the fried green tomatoes with a corn/crab salsa on top and they were delicious! My husband had the filet, and it was wonderful. I had the eggplant parmesan and the red sauce was wonderful as was the eggplant and just the right amount of cheese. I highly recommend this restaurant near downtown Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Place!KathyGDined on 4/9/2014We frequent this restaurant very often and cannot recall ever being disappointed. The food is remarkable for such a small local restaurant and the staff is outstanding.Special Features:
- deliciousShelleyDined on 4/3/2014Some of the best food and service I have had in the US. The service was polite and professional from start to end. I liked that the local farms were named, the waitress took the time to explain the menu. We sat outside on a lovely evening, restrooms were clean. Menu choices were refreshing, more like what would be seen on a European menu rather than standard American fare. Bread was not sweet which was good. The menu had a tea selection which surprised me. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic GemcubfanDined on 3/28/2014My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time. For starters, she went with the foie gras brulee, which was marvelous. My oysters on the half shell were only marginally less impressive. I had the seafood pasta and she had sea bass for our main courses, and they were both excellent. For me the piece de resistance was the pecan-pie-ala-mode-in-a-mason-jar desert. We sort of shared it, but I couldn't stop eating another bite even when I was full. We had a reasonably priced very good chardonnay (Byron Vineyards), and our waiter's shtick was enjoyable without going over the top. The "rustic gem" comes from the slightly ramshackle old Southern house character of the place, which added to my enjoyment. I would come back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/27/2014I'm pretty ok saying that, for me, K didn't quite live up to the hype. We did have a lovely time. Service was great. But all of the food just didn't deliver on the promise of the "wow" factor. The fried green tomatoes appetizer was my favorite dish, and the ceviche was fresh and terrific. From there things kinda leveled off. The four of us shared everything. We sampled most of the menu but the salads, as advised by our server. I regret that now, as the backyard garden was one of the reasons we looked forward to coming, and I think I'd have been happier following my own instincts with the menu. I won't go into great detail; maybe it was just an off night. I've heard marvelous things about K. We'll try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLRussVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had a fantastic dinner at K Restaurant. All of the food was flavorful and presented well. Our server was very informative and helpful. The fired green tomatoes and the gnocchi were the highlights. The lobster Mac and cheese was incredible but the portion was too large as it was very rich. Overall a great experience and we would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSaraDined on 3/21/2014We arrived, admittedly, fifteen minutes late for our 9:30 reservation and were told that kitchen closed at 10pm so we would have to order everything immediately. I would not have made a 9:30 reservation had I known this. We felt rushed and unwelcome. They were out of prosecco and several other menu items. The food was mediocre. We had a foie gras dish with mushrooms that were absolutely foul. At the end of the night, we paid a substantial amount of money for a poor experience and less than stellar food. We will not be returning.
- Great Choice Away from the TouristsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2014Though we were tourists, we used OpenTable to find this hidden gem that is as far from the tourist areas as you can get in Orlando. Food was outstanding (fried green tomatos, eggplant parm and more) and perfect for our anniversary. Service was impeccable and crowd was very friendly. All-in-all, a perfect night. I would say that there is nothing to recommend outdoor dining here, because all you would get is street noise. Fortunately, we were indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The taste of the food wasCarlVIPDined on 3/19/2014The taste of the food was great. However, the food was luke warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWNormVIPDined on 3/17/2014Take classic favourites, mix in unique flavours served in a modern way & the result is a delicious surprise.Special Features:
- Highly recommend this restaurantDiningDivaVIPDined on 3/14/2014Delicious food - fresh, locally owned and sourced. Desserts were unique and delicious!! Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K RestaurantScottTDined on 3/11/2014Great food, great service. Nice place for a business lunch. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had high hopes but disappointedPhoodiepanDined on 3/5/2014First of all, a surly waiter does not make for a pleasant evening. Based on all the reviews, I had very high expectations for the taste of the food. I ordered the duck dish which at best was so so. The presentation wasn't worth a camera shot. The duck was ok. The knife was not sharp enough to cut off the fatty skin which was to chewy. The risotto was too al dente for me. There are other restaurants I'd rather try next time I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSlimDined on 3/3/2014Everything about dinner was excellent. Excellent service, excellent wine and of course excellent food. Any duck dish that is on the menu is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuRudyUDined on 3/3/2014Their seasonal menu makes every visit like a new experience. One of my frequent dining choices in Orlando. The service is good and the price is reasonable. Great for lunch or a weekday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstanding! FoodMagzmomDined on 3/1/2014Service was outstanding! Food was amazing. We had monk fish, duck and steak, everything was prepared perfectly. The pastry chef had new and innovative sweets to end the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sublimebladerunner925Dined on 2/27/2014it's very rare to have truly memorable dining experiences- last night was one of them. for me, the service aspect of K is what makes them so great. Stephen (Rock) one of the managers and Gary (our waiter) were knowledgeable, personable, attentive, gracious, funny, charming etc.... you get the picture? the food was to die for. period. that is a combination you cannot beat. ever. the only sad part of this story is that the restaurant is about 1000 miles from home. sob!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor!foodieVIPDined on 2/25/2014Incredible flavor in every bite. I was disappointed by the limited menu but then when we got our food I was so pleased!! We had an excellent meal and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An escape from the tourist areaslortegoDined on 2/19/2014We had a terrific meal and equal service at this restaurant. We are visiting Orlando on business and were looking for a more local place - this one fit the bill. Menu had something for everyone. Stephen Rock took great care of us. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list and was happy to provide recommendations. He was also very personable. I recommended this restaurant to the others attending our meeting.Special Features:
- One of the BestNaomiIreneDined on 2/18/2014It is in a nice area of the city & gives you the feeling that you're @ your home, eating fresh organic ingredients. I usually do not ever eat out simply b/c how nice a restaurant is or how the menu is priced, I enjoy eating out for the quality of the meal. The menu is ever changing & all of chef Kevin's ingredients are freshly purchased @ local farmer's markets & quality meat markets. Every order comes w/ hot stoned oven bread & butter. I ordered the Filet, medium rare. It was a generous cut, very juicy & flavorful. He served it, this time, atop scalloped potatos; Perfectly firm, cheesy potatos. For my salad, I enjoyed the Caprese, juicy ripen tomatos & chunks of mozzarella, glazed in a nice vinaigrette. I'll find any excuse to eat there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- duck dinnerUnhappyVIPDined on 2/18/2014We arrived early 6 p.m. and had a seat in the indoor enclosed porch area. This worked out very good since dinning years ago the inside room was very noisy because of close seating. Our appetizer, tuna poke, I would not order again because for $16 there should have been more than diced and marinated ahi in a martini glass. However, our duck dinner was excellent and very tasty and ample to share. Our waiter was very nice and helpful. We will return and try other dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to come backMelissaDined on 2/15/2014I searched for a restaurant after my boyfriend and I decided we were spending time in Orlando for Valentine's weekend. I found this restaurant on yelp and it had many good reviews so we decided to reserve for a belated Valentine's dinner. We walked into the restaurant with a greeting from the hostess and were seated promptly. The server was extremely helpful with suggesting dishes that might suit us. The service, food, and ambiance were wonderful and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!AmandaDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful and romantic evening at K for Valentine's Day. They went over the top with the menu and a rose at the end was a sweet way to leave. Highly recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried it once, that's enough.TatKDined on 2/14/2014Way to expensive. Portion size very small. Messed up our order brought gf's entree to me instead of my salad. Don't expect any mistakes when paying 180$ dinner for 2.Special Features:
- Culture in OrlandoOrlandoDined on 2/14/2014I was recommended this restaurant by a friend who said that it had a very cozy atmosphere. I was actually quite surprised to see a restaurant with the menu and ambience of this quality outside of one of the large cities like Charlston, Atlanta or Boston. I brought my fiancé out for St. Valentines dinner and she was thrilled and had a terrific time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dinnerLovmyfoodVIPDined on 2/14/2014We were three couples with two small children (could not find babysitters that night) and went with high expectations. Full menu was very expensive (Approx $80 per person) so we decided to order one plate each (either an appetizer, pasta or main dish). When the waiter heard our food order, he started slacking and kept 'forgetting us', even after ordering two bottles of wine. I order an appetizer and only got THREE oysters (for $18). Maybe Valentine's day is not a good to try a new restaurant??? I was very disappointed with the whole experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding gem!ShellyDined on 2/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner at K Restaurant recently with friends. The food is freshly prepared and the menu is new each day. Our server was really helpful in recommending wines and explaining the different menu items. We would go back there in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at KOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2014I've had dinner several times and always like it. Lunch was a HUGE disappointment! The menu was uninspired and the blackened chicken salad i selected was worse. Using iceberg lettuce was bad enough but the dressing tasted like bottled French, and the 1-2 slivers of avocado grossly overripe. Nothing wrong with the blackened chicken itself, but the salad itself was the quality of McDonald's or worse. The hostess acted like she had no idea what to do about our reservation or seating us. Her nail polish was badly chipped....that shouldn't be allowed around food. The waiter was personable and the only good thing about the experience.
- Great Restaurant! Only thingkathieDined on 2/8/2014Great Restaurant! Only thing I wish is that they would not continually run out of our favorites!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary MealEpicurious1Dined on 2/4/2014Wife and I had 19th Anniversary dinner here . Sophisticated but homey decor and the staff could not be more pleasant and professional. We had the salad stack, perfectly balanced flavor, then the K filet (Medrare) and the Duck (med). Both were perfectly executed, too tender to adequately describe. Balanced well against the gratin and the superbly cooked risotto. Our waiter knew the menu items well and was able to suggest suitable wines - even for dessert. We had the key lime cheesecake and bread pudding paired with Chenin blanc and a delicious portSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as always. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/29/2014Fantastic as always. The food at K is fresh and delicious. Preparation is skilled and thoughtful without being fussy. Staff is a wonder, friendly yet professional.Special Features:
- Just BADLuv2eatDined on 1/25/2014I was deeply disappointed with the service and the food. I started with a Greek salad and was not really sure that the use of Feta Cheese alone can qualify a salad as a Greek salad. The salad was just a simple pile a nasty tomatoes. My entree,Tilefish fish, came sitting atop a piled high large bowl of corn. It should have been more apply named fish nugget because it was so small that with one bite I was done. Nothing left to savor, enjoy or seduce my taste buds. With regards to the service, I watched as the waiter interacted with each table in offering suggestions and being very attentive. As for my table, he was non-existent.
- Outstanding meal and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014Outstanding meal and service! Great wine selection!!!!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!!JKMCSMVIPDined on 1/21/2014We eat at K every week and have never had a bad experience. The food is always creative, fresh and very well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K is one of Orlando's best!Soulsister415Dined on 1/20/2014K restaurant is an incredible little gem in Orlando! It is humble on the outside but the service and fresh divine food sure earn K bragging rights. My husband and I have been with family at Christmas and again for his birthday and each visit was a "10" easy. The wait staff really know and are passionate about all the menu items and drinks and keep a watchful eye on your table as if you're the only diners there. The menu is unique, local, and obviously made with deep love. You can taste the chef's passion and the local vegetables burst with flavor! Whether you are looking to visit for a romantic evening or a dinner out with family or friends, K will blow each guest's mind! It deserves the high ratings on Urban Spoon. Exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemLoveGoodFoodDined on 1/17/2014This place was fantastic. The menu changes daily and the ingredients are fresh. The service was outstanding. I would recommend trying it out, especially out out-of-town folks because Orlando is full of chains Drive a little further our and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Neighborhood GemMaryKVIPDined on 1/15/2014Recently took my out of town clients to one of my favorite local places. The food was excellent, the service was very good and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the entertaining staff.Special Features: