1710 Edgewater Dr.
Orlando, FL 32804Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kwinebar.com/
- Phone: 4078722332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2pm, Dinner: Monday & Tuesday 6 -9pm Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Kevin Fonzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms & restaurant buy out available.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Francoforte 4078722332
- Special Events: Pop up events on Sundays such as farm to table dinners or low country boil as well as a wine tastings and wine dinners.
A word from K restaurant
Chef-owned by Kevin F. Fonzo, a James Beard Award nominee, K restaurant is a nationally recognized, upscale dining restaurant featuring eclectic American cuisine that reflects the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
K restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
K restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (95)special occasion (78)romantic (62)notable wine list (34)great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (17)hot spot (15)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very pleased.GeeceeDined on 5/17/2014Each portion of our meals was superb as was the service. I don't have butter in my meals and had no problem having the request fulfilled. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulYumsDined on 5/17/2014This is simply our go-to restaurant in area for delicious, healthy, locally-sourced creations. their version of BBQ "shrimp 'n grits" is fabulous every time The fish cooked perfectly with amazing accompaniments The melt In your mouth porcini dusted filet was fantastic Mettler zin was a luscious bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticemilyDined on 5/15/2014This was my Dad and my first visit to K. We are definite foodies and we absolutely fell in love. We can not wait to go back. The service was great, food came out incredibly fast even though they were very busy. We ended up ordering 6 different plates just to try them all. The waitress was very helpful with er suggestions. We will be going back very soon.Special Features:
- a pleasant reminderSpingirlDined on 5/10/2014I haven't visited Restaurant K for over a year and I won't let that much time pass again. Everyone in our party of 4 thought their food was exceptional. The service was friendly and just right, attentive but not overbearing. Trendy restauants come and go or quality tends to gradually fade. Restaurant K seems to remain consistently good. We will return more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty gooditalianexpertDined on 5/9/2014I would definitely consider myself a discerning eater. I've traveled a lot and eaten at some amazing restaurants. I would say that K is good restaurant but not great. My stack salad was just as it should have been, but was it amazing? No. Our server suggested the pompano and it was the same. Good flavor but not spectacular. I would imagine this is the type of place that will give you consistency night after night but never truly knock your socks off. I would definitely recommend and return, but not have as high expectations this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKrisDined on 5/9/2014The mussels were outstanding and worth going again just for those.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITE!OscarandAvivasMomVIPDined on 5/7/2014K is a favorite. The menu is interesting and fresh without being silly. The Fried Green Tomato with Crab appetizer is just the best! Fish is always interesting and fresh. Steaks are perfectly prepared....and the chef is creative! Service is excellent. The staff always knows and understands the chef's creations. Atmosphere is cozy without being crowded. Always a pleasure!Special Features:
- Edible OrlandoLauraDined on 5/7/2014We were looking for someplace nice and I was just not inspired by the steakhouses...remembered Edible magazine. ..bingo, K restaurant popped up - great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodSarahVIPDined on 5/5/2014Every visit is a surprise.....a new menu awaits you with fresh food and delicious offerings. The service is polite and efficient. The wine list, although small, is excellent. The food is always wonderful!Special Features:
- Excellent all-aroundvdmortDined on 5/3/2014The meal recommendations by our waiter was right on! Our meal was delish and the wine pairing was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar! As always...JoeGizzleDined on 4/17/2014Hands down one of the best restaurants in Orlando. Food, service, ambiance, location...10's all across the board! Special thanks to Stephen who made a great recommendation on the wine list as well as the Curry Coconut Mussels which were outstanding! This place is a gem...great place to take someone special ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sourced locally, served warmlyBaoLeHuuDined on 4/14/2014The ingredients are thoughtfully sourced, the cooking is elevated, and the service was passionate and welcoming. Even better than the old location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time still not goodJiggsVIPDined on 4/14/2014Went here for the second time hoping we will get a better experience, unfortunately we had a subpar experience. The wait staff are snotty. For one appetizer we ordered - the chicken liver, they charge a different price in the bill with what was written in the menu. The fried green tomatoes was not as good as before- it's smaller and it's soaked in oil. The deviled eggs was uninspired and bland.
- Best dish in Orlando1601foodiesDined on 4/12/2014One dish is all you need--the lamb ribs appettizer. Amazing, we could have ordered 4 of those and called it a night. Everything else was on point and we had a great dinner. I don't know how we had missed this place before but am glad for the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another strong performance at KJBTOpenTableDined on 4/12/2014The food has always been solid and this most recent experience was no exception. The service is good. The food is inventive and good to excellent.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY DINNERmarioDined on 4/10/2014The food was very good as we had the fried green tomatoes with a corn/crab salsa on top and they were delicious! My husband had the filet, and it was wonderful. I had the eggplant parmesan and the red sauce was wonderful as was the eggplant and just the right amount of cheese. I highly recommend this restaurant near downtown Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Place!KathyGDined on 4/9/2014We frequent this restaurant very often and cannot recall ever being disappointed. The food is remarkable for such a small local restaurant and the staff is outstanding.Special Features:
- deliciousShelleyDined on 4/3/2014Some of the best food and service I have had in the US. The service was polite and professional from start to end. I liked that the local farms were named, the waitress took the time to explain the menu. We sat outside on a lovely evening, restrooms were clean. Menu choices were refreshing, more like what would be seen on a European menu rather than standard American fare. Bread was not sweet which was good. The menu had a tea selection which surprised me. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic GemcubfanDined on 3/28/2014My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time. For starters, she went with the foie gras brulee, which was marvelous. My oysters on the half shell were only marginally less impressive. I had the seafood pasta and she had sea bass for our main courses, and they were both excellent. For me the piece de resistance was the pecan-pie-ala-mode-in-a-mason-jar desert. We sort of shared it, but I couldn't stop eating another bite even when I was full. We had a reasonably priced very good chardonnay (Byron Vineyards), and our waiter's shtick was enjoyable without going over the top. The "rustic gem" comes from the slightly ramshackle old Southern house character of the place, which added to my enjoyment. I would come back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was niceJustJZinFlaDined on 3/27/2014I'm pretty ok saying that, for me, K didn't quite live up to the hype. We did have a lovely time. Service was great. But all of the food just didn't deliver on the promise of the "wow" factor. The fried green tomatoes appetizer was my favorite dish, and the ceviche was fresh and terrific. From there things kinda leveled off. The four of us shared everything. We sampled most of the menu but the salads, as advised by our server. I regret that now, as the backyard garden was one of the reasons we looked forward to coming, and I think I'd have been happier following my own instincts with the menu. I won't go into great detail; maybe it was just an off night. I've heard marvelous things about K. We'll try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLRussVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had a fantastic dinner at K Restaurant. All of the food was flavorful and presented well. Our server was very informative and helpful. The fired green tomatoes and the gnocchi were the highlights. The lobster Mac and cheese was incredible but the portion was too large as it was very rich. Overall a great experience and we would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSaraDined on 3/21/2014We arrived, admittedly, fifteen minutes late for our 9:30 reservation and were told that kitchen closed at 10pm so we would have to order everything immediately. I would not have made a 9:30 reservation had I known this. We felt rushed and unwelcome. They were out of prosecco and several other menu items. The food was mediocre. We had a foie gras dish with mushrooms that were absolutely foul. At the end of the night, we paid a substantial amount of money for a poor experience and less than stellar food. We will not be returning.
- Great Choice Away from the TouristsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2014Though we were tourists, we used OpenTable to find this hidden gem that is as far from the tourist areas as you can get in Orlando. Food was outstanding (fried green tomatos, eggplant parm and more) and perfect for our anniversary. Service was impeccable and crowd was very friendly. All-in-all, a perfect night. I would say that there is nothing to recommend outdoor dining here, because all you would get is street noise. Fortunately, we were indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The taste of the food wasCarlVIPDined on 3/19/2014The taste of the food was great. However, the food was luke warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWNormVIPDined on 3/17/2014Take classic favourites, mix in unique flavours served in a modern way & the result is a delicious surprise.Special Features:
- Highly recommend this restaurantDiningDivaVIPDined on 3/14/2014Delicious food - fresh, locally owned and sourced. Desserts were unique and delicious!! Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K RestaurantScottTDined on 3/11/2014Great food, great service. Nice place for a business lunch. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had high hopes but disappointedPhoodiepanDined on 3/5/2014First of all, a surly waiter does not make for a pleasant evening. Based on all the reviews, I had very high expectations for the taste of the food. I ordered the duck dish which at best was so so. The presentation wasn't worth a camera shot. The duck was ok. The knife was not sharp enough to cut off the fatty skin which was to chewy. The risotto was too al dente for me. There are other restaurants I'd rather try next time I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSlimDined on 3/3/2014Everything about dinner was excellent. Excellent service, excellent wine and of course excellent food. Any duck dish that is on the menu is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuRudyUDined on 3/3/2014Their seasonal menu makes every visit like a new experience. One of my frequent dining choices in Orlando. The service is good and the price is reasonable. Great for lunch or a weekday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstanding! FoodMagzmomDined on 3/1/2014Service was outstanding! Food was amazing. We had monk fish, duck and steak, everything was prepared perfectly. The pastry chef had new and innovative sweets to end the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sublimebladerunner925Dined on 2/27/2014it's very rare to have truly memorable dining experiences- last night was one of them. for me, the service aspect of K is what makes them so great. Stephen (Rock) one of the managers and Gary (our waiter) were knowledgeable, personable, attentive, gracious, funny, charming etc.... you get the picture? the food was to die for. period. that is a combination you cannot beat. ever. the only sad part of this story is that the restaurant is about 1000 miles from home. sob!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor!foodieVIPDined on 2/25/2014Incredible flavor in every bite. I was disappointed by the limited menu but then when we got our food I was so pleased!! We had an excellent meal and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An escape from the tourist areaslortegoDined on 2/19/2014We had a terrific meal and equal service at this restaurant. We are visiting Orlando on business and were looking for a more local place - this one fit the bill. Menu had something for everyone. Stephen Rock took great care of us. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list and was happy to provide recommendations. He was also very personable. I recommended this restaurant to the others attending our meeting.Special Features:
- One of the BestNaomiIreneDined on 2/18/2014It is in a nice area of the city & gives you the feeling that you're @ your home, eating fresh organic ingredients. I usually do not ever eat out simply b/c how nice a restaurant is or how the menu is priced, I enjoy eating out for the quality of the meal. The menu is ever changing & all of chef Kevin's ingredients are freshly purchased @ local farmer's markets & quality meat markets. Every order comes w/ hot stoned oven bread & butter. I ordered the Filet, medium rare. It was a generous cut, very juicy & flavorful. He served it, this time, atop scalloped potatos; Perfectly firm, cheesy potatos. For my salad, I enjoyed the Caprese, juicy ripen tomatos & chunks of mozzarella, glazed in a nice vinaigrette. I'll find any excuse to eat there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- duck dinnerUnhappyVIPDined on 2/18/2014We arrived early 6 p.m. and had a seat in the indoor enclosed porch area. This worked out very good since dinning years ago the inside room was very noisy because of close seating. Our appetizer, tuna poke, I would not order again because for $16 there should have been more than diced and marinated ahi in a martini glass. However, our duck dinner was excellent and very tasty and ample to share. Our waiter was very nice and helpful. We will return and try other dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to come backMelissaDined on 2/15/2014I searched for a restaurant after my boyfriend and I decided we were spending time in Orlando for Valentine's weekend. I found this restaurant on yelp and it had many good reviews so we decided to reserve for a belated Valentine's dinner. We walked into the restaurant with a greeting from the hostess and were seated promptly. The server was extremely helpful with suggesting dishes that might suit us. The service, food, and ambiance were wonderful and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!AmandaDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful and romantic evening at K for Valentine's Day. They went over the top with the menu and a rose at the end was a sweet way to leave. Highly recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried it once, that's enough.TatKDined on 2/14/2014Way to expensive. Portion size very small. Messed up our order brought gf's entree to me instead of my salad. Don't expect any mistakes when paying 180$ dinner for 2.Special Features:
- Culture in OrlandoOrlandoDined on 2/14/2014I was recommended this restaurant by a friend who said that it had a very cozy atmosphere. I was actually quite surprised to see a restaurant with the menu and ambience of this quality outside of one of the large cities like Charlston, Atlanta or Boston. I brought my fiancé out for St. Valentines dinner and she was thrilled and had a terrific time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.