1710 Edgewater Dr.
Orlando, FL 32804Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kwinebar.com/
- Phone: 4078722332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2pm, Dinner: Monday & Tuesday 6 -9pm Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Kevin Fonzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms & restaurant buy out available.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Francoforte 4078722332
- Special Events: Pop up events on Sundays such as farm to table dinners or low country boil as well as a wine tastings and wine dinners.
A word from K restaurant
Chef-owned by Kevin F. Fonzo, a James Beard Award nominee, K restaurant is a nationally recognized, upscale dining restaurant featuring eclectic American cuisine that reflects the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
K restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
K restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (98)neighborhood gem (90)special occasion (78)romantic (64)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (16)hot spot (16)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- K's great, creative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Been going since the downtown CP location so not new to K's. I live on east side of town so don't get there as much as I would like to. Sometimes wish there was a 5 or 5:30 opening but understand prep work time needed. Love the summer brunch times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneymoonersAddkellDined on 7/7/2014Stopped in for dinner while staying in Orlando for our honeymoon. The food was excellent. We ordered the crab cake appetizer, which is a rare item we were told, it was perfect. The rest of the meal continued with him marks. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleSuzyDined on 7/3/2014Went here for a special occasion and it was a perfect night filled with great food, excellent service, and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockySundayDriverVIPDined on 7/2/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner on a quiet evening. We were very fortunate to have Rocky as our server. He had excellent suggestions regarding menu selections and offered an amazing substitution for my request for Pomme Frites (which they do not or would not make) Instead he brought out house made chips with blue cheese, which were delicious. I had the mussels in a curry sauce. Amazing. My husband had the Seafood Bouillabaisse, which was also top notch. Enjoyed the extensive wine list from which we ordered a Ladera Howell Mountain Cab! Yummy. Most of all we had fun fun fun due to Rocky's "entertainment" style of table service. A refreshing change from the mostly good yet uninterested service one receives at most restaurants these days.Special Features:
- Even have herb/veggie gardenLuv2tryDined on 7/1/2014Such a great restaurant. This was our second time at K, but our first at new location. The food both times was memorable and delicious, but I liked this location better because it feels like you're dining in an old house (which I think technically you are). If you like new hip decor this is not for you... It's all about the service and food here. Had the shrimp and grits which was spectacular. Also tried the bacon & ricotta gnocchi which was sooo light and airy yet rich with flavor. It was a quiet night so service was fast and fun. Definitely will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceBrendaDined on 6/28/2014I have been wanting to dine a K for a long while; had heard of the great food being served there. I was not disappointed with the food but unfortunately our server did not give us the kind of service you would expect at an upscale restaurant like K's. The short rib my husband had was super tender and tasty. My gnocchi was also excellent. We did a 3 course special for the month of June and everything we had was great. But the service did detract from our dining experience. We were never asked if we wanted more wine or if we wanted coffee with dessert. I don't know if I would return.Special Features:
- Consistency MattersjohngugelDined on 6/28/2014K is the most consistent restaurant in this area. If you want an "always good" experience K is the choice!Special Features:
- A wonderful findYumYumVIPDined on 6/23/2014This is a creative local chef using local ingredients to create inventive dishes and present them beautifully to the table. It is a comfortable environment and staff is personable and knowledgeable about menu. Good wines by the glass. No complaints, only praiseSpecial Features:
- repeat visiteatcflDined on 6/21/2014Spectacular Fried Green tomatoes. Each dish we had exciting layers of flavors and textures.... perfect place to taste and enjoy an evening.Special Features:
- Hot wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The wine was hot and too many itens of the menu was sold out or are not presentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2014We went to K for the bite30 promo but were disappointed because one of the entrees was not available and no substitute was offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaptainDined on 6/14/2014The food was excellent. I had the buffalo and my wife had the filet. Both were cooked to perfection. Rocky our waiter was fabulous - entertaining and great service.
- Good valueBillDined on 6/13/2014Great food. Great price. They participate in the bite30 program which made it even better. Portions were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soFormerVirginianDined on 6/11/2014Gnocchi had no flavor, cerviche was topped with popcorn (which didn't EVEN go together). Otherwise, shrimp creole was fine, fish over corn succotash was good, and bread pudding was good.
- Restaurant WeekDowntowOtownDined on 6/7/2014We love K Restaurant, and eat there whenever we can! We happened to be in during Orlando's "Restaurant Week" and enjoyed a prixe fix menu including app, entrée and dessert for only $30. The portions are a bit smaller, which is actually kind of nice. As always the service was fantastic, as were the local, fresh ingredients and of course the wine! Thanks, K!Special Features:
- Just OKMillersVIPDined on 6/6/2014The server was the one who made the evening. Everything else was just mediocre. No alcohol and the place was SUPER tiny and steaming hot inside. Not going to run back here anytime soon.
- Always perfectMayanneVIPDined on 6/5/2014What a spectacular dinner -- the menu was filled with great choices. The prix fixe was a great bargain - shrimp and grits appetizer, a fantastic ghnocchi entree and then a bread-pudding dessert that was among the best I've ever had. Great service. Really I cannot think of a single thing that I would improve.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/2/2014The food at K Restaurant is consistently great and with a menu that changes daily, there's lots of variety! Staff is very welcoming and does their best to make every visit enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JEG9Dined on 6/2/2014Gary provided great advise and recommendations on a vibant menu- attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to exceed expectationsKdowntownDined on 5/31/2014Celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary here. My husband's first time at the restaurant. The food is always absolutely amazing (my husband ate things he normally will not), Gary (our server) is always extremely knowledgeable and helpful in both food and beverage selections, and goes above and beyond to ensure the dining experience is superb. Favorite dining spot for special occasion, absolutely.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary at K's. I have been to K's several times for lunch but this was the first for dinner. Food was great as always and the service (Rocky) was outstanding in every way. The only negative was that the seating seemed a bit tight in the front room and the conversations from other tables became our conversations. I think the seating is better in other rooms of the house. That said, K's is a rare gem and now considered a fav of oursSpecial Features:
- College Park Landmark Jumps SharkHoukaVIPDined on 5/29/2014Tried this for the last time. Never been as good since moved to old Chili Bordello years ago and now has lost its touch. Time to re-invent or go away.
- Michelin Bib GourmandjmhedyDined on 5/24/2014A farm-to-table gem worthy of a Michelin Bib Gourmand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchTheLateGreatDined on 5/24/2014The food and service are always top-notch, and the staff create such a unique, friendly atmosphere that first timers will feel like regulars, and regulars feel like family or close friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Farm to Table!elcid76Dined on 5/24/2014We saw this restaurant on Food Network and have wanted to try it ever since. This is an outstanding example of the farm to table movement. From the appetizers to the in-house prepared seasonal and traditional desserts, everything was well crafted and highlighted the local ingredients. Highly recommended - this will be our new go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, valueDaveDined on 5/23/2014Outstanding gourmet quality food, with top notch, friendly service, and at a great value compared to other restaurants with similar menues and quality food. We will go back!Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationSkywardLeapDined on 5/23/2014If you're looking for the venue for your 16th or 1st anniversary this menu and staff will make you feel special. We've come here for our special day for years now and they've never let us down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Delicious Innovative CuisineSmwillieDined on 5/21/2014Every dish we tried was fantastic. Wines we're recommended and delicious as well. Ambience was classy and comfortable. Service and patrons (Most were regulars) were so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 627 reviews are from the K restaurant reviews archive.
- Very pleased.GeeceeDined on 5/17/2014Each portion of our meals was superb as was the service. I don't have butter in my meals and had no problem having the request fulfilled. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulYumsDined on 5/17/2014This is simply our go-to restaurant in area for delicious, healthy, locally-sourced creations. their version of BBQ "shrimp 'n grits" is fabulous every time The fish cooked perfectly with amazing accompaniments The melt In your mouth porcini dusted filet was fantastic Mettler zin was a luscious bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticemilyDined on 5/15/2014This was my Dad and my first visit to K. We are definite foodies and we absolutely fell in love. We can not wait to go back. The service was great, food came out incredibly fast even though they were very busy. We ended up ordering 6 different plates just to try them all. The waitress was very helpful with er suggestions. We will be going back very soon.Special Features:
- a pleasant reminderSpingirlDined on 5/10/2014I haven't visited Restaurant K for over a year and I won't let that much time pass again. Everyone in our party of 4 thought their food was exceptional. The service was friendly and just right, attentive but not overbearing. Trendy restauants come and go or quality tends to gradually fade. Restaurant K seems to remain consistently good. We will return more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty gooditalianexpertDined on 5/9/2014I would definitely consider myself a discerning eater. I've traveled a lot and eaten at some amazing restaurants. I would say that K is good restaurant but not great. My stack salad was just as it should have been, but was it amazing? No. Our server suggested the pompano and it was the same. Good flavor but not spectacular. I would imagine this is the type of place that will give you consistency night after night but never truly knock your socks off. I would definitely recommend and return, but not have as high expectations this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKrisDined on 5/9/2014The mussels were outstanding and worth going again just for those.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITE!OscarandAvivasMomVIPDined on 5/7/2014K is a favorite. The menu is interesting and fresh without being silly. The Fried Green Tomato with Crab appetizer is just the best! Fish is always interesting and fresh. Steaks are perfectly prepared....and the chef is creative! Service is excellent. The staff always knows and understands the chef's creations. Atmosphere is cozy without being crowded. Always a pleasure!Special Features:
- Edible OrlandoLauraDined on 5/7/2014We were looking for someplace nice and I was just not inspired by the steakhouses...remembered Edible magazine. ..bingo, K restaurant popped up - great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodSarahVIPDined on 5/5/2014Every visit is a surprise.....a new menu awaits you with fresh food and delicious offerings. The service is polite and efficient. The wine list, although small, is excellent. The food is always wonderful!Special Features:
- Excellent all-aroundvdmortDined on 5/3/2014The meal recommendations by our waiter was right on! Our meal was delish and the wine pairing was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar! As always...JoeGizzleDined on 4/17/2014Hands down one of the best restaurants in Orlando. Food, service, ambiance, location...10's all across the board! Special thanks to Stephen who made a great recommendation on the wine list as well as the Curry Coconut Mussels which were outstanding! This place is a gem...great place to take someone special ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sourced locally, served warmlyBaoLeHuuDined on 4/14/2014The ingredients are thoughtfully sourced, the cooking is elevated, and the service was passionate and welcoming. Even better than the old location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.