Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
68 Fourth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.annabelles.net/
- Phone: 4157771200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily, 11:30am-2:45pm;Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-10:30pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm-11:00pm; Dinner menu available in bar until 12:00 am; We offer happy hour; 3:00pm-6:00pm , with food and drink specials.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Metcalf
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Bar offers Sports Television Broadcasting.
A word from Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
Conveniently located downtown between Union Square and The Moscone Center. Serving California cuisine with a focus on local, organic, sustainably raised ingredients.. Dating back to the early 1900's, our spacious dining room is warm and inviting with high ceilings and ornate columns. Our goal is to achieve an element of comfort; a relaxed yet lively atmosphere combined with great food, friendly and efficient service at a reasonable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Annabelle's Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (16)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (12)romantic (11)special occasion (10)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great find!LindermouseDined on 11/21/2013I try to make it to Annabelle's for lunch, at least, everytime i visit San Francisco. The tomato parmesan bisque along with the grilled cheese and prosciutto, cheddar, mozzarella, caramelized onions sandwich is my favorite, although i have not been disappointed with any meal i have had there. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- ImpressedAK15Dined on 11/16/2013Every single member of staff was attentive and friendly. Food was great, garlic fries left a little to be desired, but that's what I get for ordering those at a nice spot. Very pleased with my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and i had delightfulJohnoAndBJVIPDined on 11/16/2013My wife and i had delightful lunch last Sat!! Food was delicious with very nice presentation!! Our server, Antoinio was very, very good! We ate at a cute window table for 2..they also have a nice bar. We recomend and we will go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made a last minute reservationAnnieDined on 11/9/2013I made a last minute reservation on a Saturday night and was not disappointed. Will go here again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- friendly service/good food in SOMAylsmDined on 11/2/2013Had a great time with a large group for lunch. Service was attentive and we were able to sit and visit even after lunch was done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient, but awesomeGrantDined on 11/1/2013Annabelles never disappoints. I usually stay at the Mosser and visit Annabelles at least once a trip. The food is always great and the service is stellar.
- Great place for business lunchNatalyaSVIPDined on 10/29/2013Having a working lunch around Moscone Center is a tough task. Not many choices and even less good choices. This place has it all, great food, quick and professional service, best location. BTW, one time we ate lunch here over the weekend and again food and service were top notch, even for my picky kids. Taste it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2013Everything about Annabelle's was fabulous! The menu selection was perfect; several vegetarian selections as well as many other various, unique choices. The waiter was very informative and was very helpful regarding both wine and entire selections. The over all experience was outstanding and I will definitely want to dine again at Annabelle's when I return to the area!Special Features:
- Great for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/26/2013We have been here before but brought new friends for the first time who were quite impressed with the whole package. Great work and keep it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful lunchjaneDined on 10/24/2013Both the food and the service were excellent. A delightful , quiet, and reasonably priced restaurant near Union Square.Special Features:
- Great SurprisenocaldpVIPDined on 10/22/2013We weren't sure what to expect when we arrived for dinner. I can say we were VERY pleased with the atmosphere, service and food. There are many restaurants in San Francisco that over price their food, but Annabels was extremely fairly priced for the quality of food. A great experience and a place we will definitely come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Good!GoCarbGirlDined on 10/18/2013From the superb caesar salad, to the excellent calamari, to the scrumptious rigatoni--I had a great meal!!! Too full for dessert, so I will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating method is a problemClareDined on 10/18/2013I like everything about this place EXCEPT the fact that I am always seated as close as possible to other diners in the restaurant regardless of how many tables are empty. Last week I had to ask to switch tables twice because we were seated practically on the laps of other customers despite the fact that there were several other two-tops available AND we had a reservation. The host was very unaccommodating and extrememly huffy (possibly new). His attitude colored our whole experience at what used to be a local favorite. The next two people to enter the restaurant after us were of course given the table inches from ours - again, what's with the crowding? It really detracts from what can otherwise be a fun meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our neighborhood spotAnaLauraDined on 10/13/2013Always the freshest most deliciously presented Dishes with customer service at its best by everyone From the moment we're greeted to the time we Regretfully leave! Annabelle's is a true neighborhood Treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerRob94121Dined on 10/12/2013Overall a great experience with a few minor speed bumps. Service was great, our waiter was funny and courteous and apologized when the food was taking a while to arrive. The wine list was affordable and prices were not outrageous. After the wine we had caesar salads. I would have liked the romaine leaves cut up instead of served as spears, I had grated cheese falling all over the place. I had the halibut and my fiance had the risotto. We really liked both, very flavorful and delicious. Dessert was ok, I had the secret breakfast ice cream: Delicious! My fiance had the creme brulee but it was overcooked and tasted like scrambled eggs, we sent it back. Overall a 4/5 star experience, we'll try them again!Special Features:
- Good food in a lively spotavideaterVIPDined on 10/8/2013Two of us were early for our table and were not allowed to sit down even though the table was ready and the others were en route. After 2 requests and ten minutes, we were shown to the table. It was very very close on one side to the table behind us. Several of us ordered the rigatoni with the homemade sausage which was delicious. Also enjoyed were the mushroom soup, the salad with beets, the ravioli, and the cioppino. We also waited a long time for a requested glass of wine. The food here is consistently tasty so it will remain on my list of go-to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first time visitpathguyVIPDined on 10/5/2013Annabelle's was a good find for us since it was very close to the Palace Hotel where we were staying. Overall, the experience was good. The service was good, though not great. The drink selections were excellent! The food was above average and about right for the price with ample portions. My only complaint was that my caesar salad was absolutely drowned in dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencePaulVIPDined on 10/5/2013Short ribs were perfectly cooked, tender, tasty - although the polenta was nothing special. Cioppino had a very distinctive, delicious sauce. Just good all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunchocfoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2013Great location - close to Moscone, good choice for a business lunch. Appropriate noise level so you don't feel like others can hear your conversation but you don't need to yell to communicate. Consistently good food - salads, sandwiches, risotto - all lunch options that I've tried have been delicious. Our server, Antonio, was exceptional - highly attentive and downright sweet. The entire staff was kind and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The outside betrays the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2013The outside betrays the atmosphere and food you'll get once you step into the dining room. Bistro feel, delicious salads, pizzas and main dishes...and very nice service.Special Features:
- Under the radar gemstenroVIPDined on 9/13/2013All around very, very good. Upon entering, I liked that although you go throughout the bar area first, you then enter a distinct bistro section. Not that it seemed like a noisy dive bar, but I did like the separation. Service was very friendly and attentive. Food was very fresh and delicious. I started with a salad containing watermelon, sweet spiced pecans, goat cheese and a mint citrus vinaigrette. Very refreshing. Main course was Anchor Steam Beer braised short rib. It was fall-apart tender over creamy polenta. So delicious. The vanilla lavender crême brûlée was not redolent with either but was still creamy and good. My wife's, thick char-grilled burger was cooked exactly medium-well as ordered. Given the chance, I'd return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in tourist centralDancingQueenVIPDined on 9/10/2013Jason our waiter has waited on us a few times before and he is always great! As a SF local this is a great central location to meet out of town visitors. The food is always very good and the drinks are great!Special Features:
- Not sure what's up with Annabelle'sKatorindaVIPDined on 9/9/2013Have eaten here at least ten times and had nice meals. This time I ordered a half roasted chicken this time that was so dry it must have been in the oven since lunch. I subbed fries for mashed potatoes and they had a strange, off flavor like the fryer oil was in need of changing. I'm not sure what was up, but my meal was really sub par. I didn't want to make a fuss by returning it, but I'm having second thoughts about returning. Too bad, used to love the place.
- A gem in the heart of downtownGoodieDined on 9/7/20135-star appetizers and main courses, good wine list and service. Great ambience in dining room with noise level perfect for four or six around a table to converse. Also good for a romantic twosome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCoryDined on 8/31/2013The service and food were great! I look forward to the Cal vs USC game so I can return to the Bay Area and eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annabelle's is so well locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2013Annabelle's is so well located that it's great when you have to attend a performance or meet a friend because of the various transportation near it. My dining companion and I made a meal of starters which all were delicious - the tuna, prawns, mozzarella with tomatoes (a standout) and carpaccio - then we were really full. We will definitely go there again and again!Special Features:
- Well Done Annabelle'sGlassSellerDined on 8/22/2013We took a group for lunch this last week. Our waiter was very attentive and generous. The food was excellent. We were very happy with our visit there and will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Salmon was perfectly grilledladavisDined on 8/18/2013Salmon was perfectly grilled and Meyer lemon cream sauce sublime. Outstanding, friendly service made for a very enjoyable overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb mealJCS2544Dined on 8/16/2013My family and I were at Annabelle's on Aug. 16th. Wow, what an awesome time. The food was amazing. I had pork tenderloin. It was juicy and very tender, melted in the mouth. The reduction that was poured on top was delusions as well. It came with mashed potato and a nice red cabbage slaw. I would recommend this spot to all, young and old. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annabelle's Is Great! I love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2013This is just a cool spot in the heart of SF. Good food in a great place.
- Food and service were superb!2GypsiesDined on 8/15/2013Food and service were superb! Noise level increased as the restaurant filled up until it became difficult to converse quietly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little spotKennyGfunkDined on 8/11/2013Pretty good little spot, food was average to above average. Prices are a little steep but hey its San Francisco.Special Features:
- Great Food, Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2013Will be back soon. This place is great whether you're a carnivore or herbivore. The pizza was delicious. Salad was fresh and tasty. Drinks were great. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a quiet anniversaryBKThomasDined on 8/5/2013Good for a quiet anniversary celebration... nice atmosphere, good food, well prepared and presented; decent wine selection...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemAlieoDined on 7/30/2013Good food with competitive pricing for the area. Excellent service, friendly host. Kind of loud. We had a loud man at the next table who never stopped talking to his co-worker. Very annoying and because tables are so close my husband and I had a hard time hearing each other over this man. I know everything about his job and other co-workers nowSpecial Features:
- Small bar packed at HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2013Small bar packed at Happy Hour. Go early. Bacon wrapped prawns wonderful. Chioppino really great and just loaded with seafood. Can also add homemade meatballs for extra heartiness. Sauce fabulous. Great Caesar salad. Had a fun time and the food was excellent!Special Features:
- Good food, good service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2013First time here after reading these reviews. We were seated immediately at 6p on a Friday night. Got the table for 2 right by the window overlooking the sidewalk. Host was friendly. A romantic table. Katie waited on us and was very attentive. The Vesper I got was very good. Not too bitter. We ordered the dungeness crabcake special and the cream of broccoli soup. Both were very tasty. The lobster and mascarpone ravioli was pretty incredible. The sauce was buttery but not so in the typical way like clarified butter. It was subtle at first and then you got the butter taste at the finish. It was perfectly balanced. The tomato and basil fettuccine was also very good but the basil taste was almost imperceptible. Will go again.Special Features:
- second time wasn't the charmOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2013Had a great lunch previously but this one was only fair. Ahi tuna salad seemed like it was made the day before although I have had absolutely great fish here prior. We were told our time was limited to 90 minutes because they had too many reservations and it was obvious, staff was quite harried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013Went to dinner with a friend, the waiter and entire staff were extremely attentive and very professional. We shared oysters, pasta with bay scallops and the short ribs. All were delicious. I will be back again.Special Features:
- Pizza nightMilliwoodVIPDined on 6/28/2013This is where you go for great food with warm friendly service. We will come back next time we are in town. Location for hotel guests at the Marriott Marquis is perfect-directly across the street on 4th. Close to Union Square, close to Market Street, you cannot go wrong when in town working in the financial district or being a tourist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.