Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
68 Fourth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.annabelles.net/
- Phone: 4157771200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily, 11:30am-2:45pm;Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-10:30pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm-11:00pm; Dinner menu available in bar until 12:00 am; We offer happy hour; 3:00pm-6:00pm , with food and drink specials.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Metcalf
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Bar offers Sports Television Broadcasting.
A word from Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
Conveniently located downtown between Union Square and The Moscone Center. Serving California cuisine with a focus on local, organic, sustainably raised ingredients.. Dating back to the early 1900's, our spacious dining room is warm and inviting with high ceilings and ornate columns. Our goal is to achieve an element of comfort; a relaxed yet lively atmosphere combined with great food, friendly and efficient service at a reasonable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Annabelle's Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (16)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (12)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great experienceLocaldinerVIPDined on 3/13/2014Whether you are going to dinner, meeting friends or just want to hang out at a bar Annabelles fits the bill. Good specialty cocktails; the Brooklyn and Angel's kiss Manhattan are my 2 favs. Hand made pastas and pizzas. Great entrees. Water service is perfect. Someone is re-filling your glass after you drink a third. Waiter stops by after a few minutes to check in snd see if the meat is cooked as ordered, is the food hot enough, did you get the sides you ordered etc. a great spot. Would definitely eat there again and recommend to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood placeChicagoJayneDined on 3/7/2014Had lunch on Friday - had Crab Louis salad special. I very much like Annabelle's. Their Bouillibaise is fantastic. Little disappointed in the Crab Louis salad highly recommended by our server. So much dressing on the crab that you couldn't taste the crab. We got their last two orders of it so maybe a lot of crab was dressed at the same time so the crab on our salads was at the bottom, swimming in dressing, that being said, this will not deter me from going to Annabelle's. It's a great place and I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Neighborhood spotAnaLauraDined on 3/1/2014My partner and I have been enjoying Annabelle's whenever we can, since moving to SOMA last year. This weekend, we chose to return for our special occasion dinner. Katy is a vibrant and personal server who remembers our favorite drink orders and enjoys recommending the specials too.There's a new chef with new entree's that are outstanding. Baby back ribs,shrimp with bacon and tasty salads too to name a few. Wyatt is the kind of front manager that everyone should strive to be. He is open,friendly and courteous at every encounter. Tonight he went above and beyond by providing us with celebratory champaigne. The atmosphere is warm and inviting with a window table view of the city street scenes that adds to the local charm of the downtown area.Special Features:
- Thumbs UpBobCDined on 2/27/2014I will certainly return and recommend Annabelle's. Great food, wine and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go back againredqueenDined on 2/27/2014this was my second visit to Annabelle's. The first visit was a delightful surprise; while I expected a typical tourist response (poor service, bad attitude, marginal food quality), we had a quality experience. The bartender was so delightful that I wrote a fabulous review on *another* review service (yelp). So we went back. Negative staff attitude, limited interest in actually serving customers, but a big interest in drinking themselves. Your staff sitting in the front wearing uniforms while drinking manhattans and taking selfies does not add to the ambiance.The food was still good, but waiting 20 minutes in a bar to get a beer is not excusable. On to better things.
- Never disappointsgdt1VIPDined on 2/21/2014The food is always quality in this aging and still great restaurant. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does the trick.ChrisVIPDined on 2/21/2014Ate in the dining room. Was good food, prompt service, but it's not the fanciest place in the world. I would definitely go again - but not really if I'm trying to wine/dine/impress.
- DelishTHawkins72Dined on 2/14/2014As always Annabelle's was a prefect choice for dinner. Our server was super friendly, attentive and helpful. As was the host/hostess and bus crew. The menu is always the problem, there are too many delicious options to choose from! Go with a small group and order one of everything! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just ok.EJL500Dined on 2/10/2014So many great restaurants with memorable food in SF. This isn't one of them.
- Tomato Bisque.... Yum!EricVIPDined on 2/5/2014I was traveling in San Fran for a tradeshow and we were looking for a place to get good "American" food. I was there with two other people and we all had different hamburgers which were all wonderful. The biggest surprise though was the tomato Bisque that I had for an appetizer. This soup was absolutely awesome. It was the perfect mixture of tomato soup, cheese and whatever else they use to make it a bisque. It was phenomenal, so good in fact, that we went back two days later for lunch and had the soup again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but definitely not greatPrincetonVIPDined on 1/31/2014Conveniently located across Marriott Marquis, I chose it to meet a friend who was in town for a conference and staying there. Not bad, but definitely not great. We arrived about 20 min early (6:40 with a 7:00 pm reservation). Many empty tables, but ours was 'not ready'. The service was also just ok, but just not great. The calamari as appetizer to share where again just ok, nothing special. I tried the vegetarian lasagna (although the have a different name for it, that is what the waiter described it like). If it had not been way too salty, it could have been a great entree. Altogether, not worthwhile coming back to.
- Neighborhood findAnaLauraDined on 1/31/2014My partner and I have been dining at Annabelle's as often as we can over the past year since moving to the city. We are always greeted promptly and graciously. The service meets our every request.The manager now recognizes us and makes sure everything is up to our expectations. There is a new chef on board who has managed to improve an already diverse and delicious variety of options. The drinks , dinner and desert never fail to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzz for both groups and lone dinerMarkHDined on 1/24/2014I was the lone diner this time but felt quite at home with many large loud parties - a lot of them seemed to be family parties. Also my server did not make the mistake of starving the singleton in favour of the noisier large tables. The restaurant is a bit plain inside - no designer showcase. But the food was really pretty tasty especially the shrimp starter. Very decent value for downtown San Francisco too. Excellent more reasonably priced option if staying in the many hotels round Market Street. From my observations of a January Friday night, booking would be essential most nights of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very hice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014Service was excellent, nice old fashioned experience, table cloths, informal but professional, enjoyed staff no calling me by my first name, and Manhattans were really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and ClassicKatCJamesDined on 1/21/2014Annabelle's had a classic restaurant feel. Not too stuffy, but a step above what you'd expect at a "bar." The patrons ranged from business types and families to tourists and your typical bar crowd. The food was flavorful, the brussel sprouts were delicious and the burger was huge! My daughter said that the mojito was the best she'd ever had. We would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small place hums like a machineLocaldinerVIPDined on 1/18/2014They hit all the points that ,make a restaurant great. Speciality cocktails, local or hand made dishes and great service. KT was our server and made several good recommendations. T Vine zin was one of them. We ordered several appetizers and an entree. She split the entree without us asking her to. She kept our glasses filled and checked on us without being intrusive. Wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but not exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Food was flavorful, but our salmon and steak dishes were a little over-cooked. We were celebrating our New Year's Eve dinner at the restaurant. The wait staff was overly pushy in trying to turn the table, which really made for a less than satisfying experience.
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Used to really like this restaurant, but the past two dining experiences (most notably the food) just haven't met my expectations. My favorite dish was the skirt steak and fries, but it hasn't been available the past two times I've been here. Had the braised short ribs this time and substituted au gratin potatoes for the polenta ($2 extra for the substitution). Both were just 'meh.' Didn't care too much for the glass of malbec I ordered, and again, dessert (bread pudding) was nothing spectacular. So sad (as this is a cute little restaurant, which is conveniently located), but most likely will try new places than come back here. I think the rest of my party (6 of us) felt the same way about their dinner as I did; no one was impressed.Special Features:
- Wow!LocaldinerVIPDined on 12/29/2013Nice place that seems to cater to people in the neighborhood as well as guests staying at nearby hotels. Pasta and sausage are house made. The meal can be simple pizza and salad or elaborate. Entrees include a fish dish a few chicken dishes, several pastas as well as specials. Besides the included side dishes other sides are available a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableLoveItDined on 12/29/2013A great neighborhood go-to with food you can count on to be tasty and a helpful staff.Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCEoliverDined on 12/29/2013This is a great restaurant. Very comfortable, not noisy, relaxing. Great Service. Would definitely recommend this to everyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annabelle's Always a TreatdizzydinerDined on 12/28/2013Dining out over the Holidays can often be frustrating but Annabelle's is the "island of calm in a touristy sea". My guest for an evening of ballet at Yerba Buena is a fairly sophisticated traveler and was blown away by the food and the energetic but easy-going atmosphere of the place. We stepped out of the bustle and noise of all the holiday shoppers into a warm,cozy and friendly room; seated immediately ordered our cocktails and proceeded to try to choose which of the incredible seasonal entrees we would order. Our server made some suggestions, our most particular favorite was a roasted beet salad. I keep Annabelles on the top of my list for any special evening out in the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Really nice looking, american feel. Clean and comfortable. Some of the food was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Spot for HH!BlueWaterVIPDined on 12/23/2013Old San Francisco charm combined with great cold weather comfort food. Our pizza with house made sausage, fennel and onions was delicious! The bartender was efficient and friendly. We look forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!GourmetAnnieDined on 12/22/2013We were in San Francisco for the day at Christmas time to see all the decorations and lights. I looked-up restaurants on Yelp and Trips Advisor and Annabell's Bar and Bistro rated pretty high on both so we gave it at ry. I think we were all pleasantly surprised by the ambiance as soon as we walked into the restaurant. Great location - not very far from Union Square and Market Street. The food was very good. We all had something different and everyone seemed to enjoy their meal. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the vibes of this place!razzledazzleDined on 12/21/2013I love the vibes of this place! It's got a nice open feel - high ceilings and tables are not too close together. The frito misto was fantastic - very fresh calamari with two nice sauces. The garlic fries were also perfect for a starter - not over "garlicky". The cheeseburger was delicious but cooked a bit on the rare side, so order one level of doneness up. The salmon was also nice - fresh and simply prepared. The "smores" cake was super yummy - not too 'rich". I would go back to this restaurant if we were planning to attend an event in the area.Special Features:
- Nice hide-a-way from the crowdsFrogprinceDined on 12/18/2013This was a very nice hide-a-way from the crowds of holiday shoppers. Everything was very good here. The Pork Belly was excellent as was the Tomato Bisque soup. The Mahi-Mahi was cooked perfectly and the forbidden rice made it interesting. I would eat here again, but be sure to make a reservation first.Special Features:
- Nice spot. Cioppino does notKimmyj62Dined on 12/14/2013Nice spot. Cioppino does not include crab....which is weird for San Francisco in the middle of crab season. But it was good. Some of the clams in mine had not opened up, which means they are not edible. I have never had that happen dining out before and was very shocked. I alerted the waitress, and she promptly took them away and brought back a generous plate of grilled shrimp. Problem solved with efficiency. For that alone I would go back to Annabelle's. Wine list was a bit short. Only 2 Chardonnys by the glass? Atmosphere was dark and bistro like, very nice on a cold winter evening. But table was lit enough to read the menu...another pleasant surprise! FYI...great ceasar salad dressing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annabelle's Exceeding ExpectationsmerrynoelDined on 12/14/2013Needing to book a dinner for 8 on a Saturday in the city during the holiday season proved to be difficult. Annabelle's was one of the few places left. I was a little worried it would just be ok but the place was great. Great service, food and atmosphere. We had a show at 8pm they got us in and out without feeling rushed at all. Everyone in the family enjoyed it will be a new place to go to downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ChatTinyDined on 12/11/2013I made reservations on line for the first time and was pleased that although I had not spoken with a "live person" the reservations were, in deed, "made." The server was attentive and gave us time to decide on the menu. She recommended a very good wine. We had ordered the salmon dish and were surprised at how quickly it arrived a table. Having said that, I wondered if the food had been prepared ahead of time. The salmon was moist but the other ingredients had a pre-prepared taste. We were aware that at lunch time we were allotted 1-1/2 hours -- it was a very busy time. However, we were not rushed in anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a ShowLJAeatsoutDined on 12/8/2013Delicious food, convenient location, wonderful ambience in the restaurant and attentive waiters makes Annabelle's a good pick for dinner either after a matinee or before an evening at the theater. It's probably best to skip the bar with its unfriendly bartenders and mediocre service. However, once in the restaurant, your every need will be attended to with professionalism as well as a friendly smile. The prawns wrapped in bacon were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!Nikkic22Dined on 12/7/2013I found Annabelle's by searching on line. We were looking for a different place to dine on a recent trip to the City. Annabelle's was amazing! The service was great....we were seated promptly for our reservation. Our server was great and very knowledgeable about all of the menu items. I must say that I can't wait to go back and try more of the delicious food! I had the short ribs with polenta and ate every single bite. The others at the table all loved their choices as well! Perfect location, amazing food and great ambiance!!!! I would recommend this place to everyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere reminded us ofREPMJPVLVIPDined on 12/7/2013Atmosphere reminded us of old San Francisco. Service was outstanding.
- Eat at Annabelle'sGingerDined on 12/4/2013Eat at Annabelle's. You will be happy that you did. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere at this restaurant. Yummy!Special Features:
- Very good food, simple andGeorgeDined on 12/4/2013Very good food, simple and very well prepared. Busy but the nosie level was suprising low. I will go back again and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bistroPolskamodelVIPDined on 12/1/2013We found this place while visiting SF. I loved it. The tomato soup was one of the best I've ever had. Portions are generous. Solid wine list but the cocktails were probably the best (and most generous) we've had all week on our trip. They made us feel like 'regulars' and not tourists, which was best of all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a place to come back toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/30/2013Great lunch, it was our first time there, the food was very good - from the entrees to the dessert - and we had great service. And the prices were very reasonable. Definitely a place to come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!CharmDDined on 11/30/2013I have been to Annabelle's many times and have never been disappointed. The food is delicious and the wait staff is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!fundinerVIPDined on 11/29/2013!e shared the bacon wrapped prawns as an appetizer - amazing! Then we both and the braised short ribs - so tender & flavorful, great polenta, as well. Chocolate thingy for dessert was to die for. Friendly service - don't know why more people haven't heard of this restaurant - though it was rockin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Nite OutFotomanDined on 11/22/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The only comment I would make is we ordered the rigatoni and it came with alot of garlic and that was not clear on the menu. Too much for date nite, so the waiter took it back and brought us a pizza instead and all was good.Special Features: