525 SW Morrison St.
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://urbanfarmerportland.com/
- Phone: 5032224900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Everyday: 3pm - 6pm
Sunday - Thursday: 10pm - 11pm
Friday - Saturday: 10pm - 12am
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Christianson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer many semi-private and private dining spaces for receptions or dinner from 10 to 80 guests.
- Special Events: Please visit our Facebook page.
- Cross Street: between 5th and 6th Ave
- Public Transit: We are located right on the Max Line at the Pioneer Place stop as well as the Steetcar Pioneer Place stop.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: In addition to offer valet, there are 2 parking garages within one block of our location: Star Park located at SW 6th and Alder as well as Smart Park located at SW 4th and Morrison.
A word from Urban Farmer
Urban Farmer is a modern American steakhouse featuring indigenous and locally sourced food products from artisanal craftsmen. Located in the lobby of the Nines Hotel, a luxury collection property, Urban Farmer features refined dining in an elegantly understated atmosphere. Prime Beef, dry aged in-house, takes center stage alongside locally grown vegetables hand-carried to the kitchen door. Local wines, many of which are organic and biodynamic, round out a stellar beverage program that Portland's own crafted Spirits. Classic cocktails, refined urban setting, with panoramic city views as seen from the lovingly restored verandas that line the Historic Meier & Frank Building, circa 1909. Whether you desire a quick, delicious country-style breakfast, a "locavore" lunch featuring Oregon's bounty, or dinner and drinks for 2 to 20 in Urban Farmer's artistically designed dining room, we look forward to serving you with homespun grace and warmth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Urban Farmer - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Urban Farmer reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)special occasion (70)good for groups (45)romantic (43)great for brunch (40)great for lunch (29)notable wine list (28)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- CudosdihughesVIPDined on 3/30/2014First to our server Ashley. She was great!!! After our last great brunch I dropped an email to UF praising them for their food and service. The Dining manager was kind enough to reply and said he would send a gift certificate to help defray the cost of trying their dinner service. Sounded great, but alas the certificate never came. I told Ashley and through some string pulling got part of my meal comped. As to the meal, it was great! I had their Cheese biscuit with sausage gravy, My wife had the panna cotta and my daughter had the quiche. All were expertly prepared and presented. All in all a very pleasing brunch experience. I will make a further attempt to try their dinner service in the near future!Special Features:
- Great food, great placeRbyrdDined on 3/26/2014The place is spacious! 50 foot ceiling inside the hotel. Gourmet menu, great food and excellent service. And don't skip dessert!Special Features:
- Fantastic find.SilkandbourbonDined on 3/25/2014I very recently had a quiet birthday dinner here with my boyfriend, food was fantastic as anticipated. Mac & cheese as a side was to die for. Tuna steak was okay, not as moist / tender / flaky as I had hoped, wash't particularly fond of the sides which were served cold personal preference. 28 day aged tenderloin was delicious (massive 18oz I believe) -- no side. Ambiance is perfection --- Comparable to Black + Blue Steakhouse in Vancouver, BC if you are familiar. As a birthday treat they surprised me with a yummy cheesecake brûlée. Bonus! Highly recommend, a great place to grab a drink, or enjoy the whole deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but great flavorsPDX123Dined on 3/22/2014Urban Farmer so so known as a steakhouse but neither my husband or I are big beef eaters. I had the chicken and he had the pork. The Parker house rolls and cornbread were so delicious I didn't have much room for my dinner but there were enough leftovers to make dinner last night for both off us with some added veggies. My husband's pork was delicious but quite fatty and it was hard to see the fat as it's fairly dark. The flavor was outstanding. With the steak, sides are ala carte but our entrees included risotto ( with the chicken) and fruit (with the pork) making it a complete meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban Farmer excels againAllenDined on 3/22/2014I've been to most of the well-known steak restaurants in town, and this is my favorite. The food and service are top-notch. I prefer the ambiance of some other places in Portland (it's a little trendy), but the steak here is pretty much unmatched. The sides were also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful all around!AugustBreezeDined on 3/22/2014The food was wonderful! I had the Oregon beef hash, and it was tender and very flavorful. The wait staff was polite and attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Unique location in the centerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/17/2014Unique location in the center of a hotel floor with skylight from the roof. The service wasn't an issue. My dish was chicken with a cheesy risotto which I did enjoy, and my husband had fish which he didn't care for. So many of the local restaurants make such complex dishes, and it's too much for our taste. No, we don't eat at McDonalds, but perhaps we're more purist in our palettes.
- Great local steaks, even betterNWfoodieDined on 3/15/2014Great local steaks, even better sides. Food quality was amazing (I have never seen marbling in a piece of beef like was in the Wagyu ribeye). Preparation was spot on. Service was outstanding. The only problem we had was not having enough room to order all the things we wanted to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Non-standard steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2014"Non-standard" is a compliment. The variety of styles-of-feeding - not just a selection of cuts - combined with the knowledgeable advice of our waiter made everyone happy with their steak choices. (She who likes blue-rare selected a leaner, grass-fed cut. She who likes medium-well selected a grain-fed cut.) Look at the menu before selecting this place, and consider whether the selection (mostly beef, in rather large cuts) and prices are appropriate for you and your guests. (My vegan sister won't go there. My paleo-diet sister probably would.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu....execution lessManunitedDined on 3/5/2014Departure was my guest's choice for her birthday/ work lunch, but happy to take Urban Farmer as her second choice. I'll get to the point...the place is just odd, nice, but disjointed. The food sounds incredible, but it's just ok and the portions are incredibly small. I don't need Cheesecake Factory portions, but I expect more for the excessive prices. We like the creative dessert menu, but they too were only ok. I have to say the tuna sandwich sounded great, but it wasn't. The roll it comes on drown ends out any flavor or consistency from the fish. What a disappointment! The real saving grace was our excellent server. She was fantastic and had a great and very sincere attitude.Special Features:
- Just a bit.coupleDined on 3/3/2014Had an entree here for lunch just a few hours prior, so I ordered 2 samples of cheeses and shellfish bisque. Cheeses were nicely paired with honey, jam, fruit, marcona almonds and housemade crackers. Very tasty. Shellfish Bisque was good. Very nice atmosphere. Even though I was eating alone, I was seated in an area where I could feel a part of the atmosphere without feeling self-conscious or apart. Servers were terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunch.coupleDined on 3/3/2014i had the Fontina Rissotto for lunch. It was very good. Portion was slight. Service was very good. Atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2014I brought a group of 9 artists friends here for a birthday brunch and everyone loved the restaurant and the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with the ladiesBrunchDined on 3/2/2014We had an amazing brunch. Our server was quite snippy but we were able to look past it because the food was excellent. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- My experience at Urban FarmerGizmoCoupleDined on 2/28/2014Was impressed with how it all worked out for us. I am delighted that my mortars were taken into consideration. That's a big. A++ on my rating! The fact that we were also able to get a tour was something different and learn that some if the suppliers for the restaurant are people we know. The service was awesome and you didn't feel hurried at all. I've already posted a blog about this place the moment I was there! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!JjjjDined on 2/22/2014Multiple choices and delicious cuts of meat. Server a bit pretentious, but outside of that--best meal my wife and I have had in years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014i had been looking forward to trig this place out for a long time and finally did for our anniversary. the drinks and sides were really good. the steaks, not so much. for a 50.00 steak i expected a bit more. i had to salt every bite to get some flavor out of it. the ringside is so much better than this place. we enjoyed the atmosphere but probably won't be going back.Special Features:
- Perfect business breakfast spotBusinessDined on 2/19/2014The setting is comfortable, with dining set far apart enough that you are not immediately next to other diners. Service is attentive and adequate w/o hovering. Best eggs Benedict in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak with seasoningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014Finally a steakhouse that uses seasonings on their steak!!! I would recommend this restaurant for dinner, we have been here about a half dozen times and it is always good. They have a wide variety of quality steaks. I would have given them a five star, but I think when you serve steaks al la carte, you are putting yourself into a Mortons, Ringside group and limiting what creative cooking accompanying side dishes. Those days are gone...If you are going to charge 50 bucks for a steak, charge 60 and add the sides. We also did not notice a difference in the 21 aged steak, in fact we did a 8 person taste test, and 6 chose the cheaper tenderloin that was not aged. Just a little tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JasonDined on 2/15/2014Went for Valentines Day dinner and it was great. Service was excellent! Food was amazing! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get what you pay forKwokamoleDined on 2/15/2014It's on the pricey side but the atmosphere and food are well worth it. Service was attentive. Location is prime. Class act all around. Swanky and sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent with someOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Food was excellent with some unique choices. The ambiance was not what I expected for a restaurant of this caliber. Tables are very close together (you clearly hear the conversations next to you because you are all basically sitting together. Service was good but we were rushed towards the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsolomongrundyDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and i went to Urban Farmer for Valentines day. The New York steak was delicious. I would say the second best steak i have had in the US so far (1st is Ox). The service was friendly and professional and an overall good vibe. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Over the top amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014Experienced valentines dinner with them and executed tremendously. Returned for brunch the next day. Highly recommend both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Wonderful PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Had an amazing time. I have never tasted better food. Every item I tried was crazy delicious. The place has a great atmosphere and friendly staff. If you can afford it, this is the place to be in Oregon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Service adinerVIPDined on 2/14/2014Food was great. Service a little slow, though it was valentines day. Portions were large. Pricey but worth it for that special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local focusOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014Great modern American food with focus on local and organic ingredients. Home-made baked goods particularly enticing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Food and service were spot on. We went for a special occasion and had one of the best meals of our lives!Special Features:
- Great Food & Great ServicePsigeDined on 2/5/2014The Cheese Man was awesome and Meredith Is a true talent! Thank you for a great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMaryannDined on 1/31/2014The food, wait staff, and atmosphere are all very good. Our group had both steak and fish. Everyone raved about their meals and side dishes. The cocktails were also well made with fresh ingredients and quality liquor. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgable. We never felt rushed, even though we were talking a lot were slow to decide on our dinners. We will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMsCJDined on 1/31/2014Went for my niece's 22 birthday. Lovely tasting menu and fabulous tangy orange soufflé with chocolate sauce for the birthday surprise. Urban Farmer Is turning out to be one of my favorite downtown Portland restaurants for lunch Or weekend brunch. And they take reservations.Special Features:
- You guys kill it every time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014You guys kill it every time. Danny does a great job managing the place.Special Features:
- Birthday blissElizaDined on 1/24/2014Four for dinner in the exquisite open air feel of Urban Farmer. Everything was purely excellent. Food fresh and well prepared. Thank you adding to a great birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban farmer is a great lunchMarkDined on 1/22/2014Urban farmer is a great lunch spot for downtown Portland business meetings. It's centrally located and and the service is fast and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2014Nice ambience, a wait-staff with excellent menu knowledge and the meats/fish are presented well. The a la carte style also provides good sharing selections for either a business dinner or meal with friends, family or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting inside hotelAlOregonDined on 1/11/2014Nice setting inside hotel complex. Relatively spendy for Portland - close to $100 each including sides and appetizers. Service was excellent except server forgot blood orange hollandaise sauce for crab side. When asked, she went to check but forgot to check. Got sauce after meal was over. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great very expensive foodanniversarycoupleDined on 1/11/2014We loved the food at Urban Farmer. The waitress was amazing and was great even when I sent my tuna back since I do like my tuna cooked (sorry to all that like the semi raw status). We ordered the tuna and my husband had the steak. You have to also order a salad and side since they aren't included in the entree price so with sharing a salad, side, dessert and a drink each we spent over $150 for the two of us. That is out of our comfort zone for a meal for two, but the atmosphere was amazing, the service was great and the food was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 10 for the ninesDharperVIPDined on 1/11/2014We made our reservation on Open Table and were led right in to a very nice table. My son and I love a good steak and my wife decided on the chicken. My son and I were amazed at how great the steak was, I might go as far as to say the best in Portland. My wife's chicken on the other hand was far to smoky in flavor, the bone was out so the chicken seemed dry. They had a great wine list including the hard to find "Cherry Pie". As we try to find a new location every visit we were happy to have tried this location. The other restaurant at the hotel, Departures, is equally as enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekend brunchBreakfastEaterDined on 1/11/2014This was my second visit to Urban Farmer for weekend brunch. The food is really excellent - delicious homemade English muffins and a perfect Bloody Mary! A bit more of a hipster place than I usually like, but the service is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great trendy restaurantSushiDined on 1/9/2014Only hesitation is limited menu. Great ambience, fun, adult place for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.