Sea Watch Restaurant
6002 North Ocean Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Sea Watch Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seawatchontheocean.com/
- Phone: 9547812200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner Daily 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Darryl Shuford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Wine Down Wednesdays - 50% Off Every Bottle of Wine - ALL DAY!
A word from Sea Watch Restaurant
Sea Watch On The Ocean located on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean in Fort Lauderdale is perfect for any occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure, or any other special event we offer private dining rooms, an enclosed patio or our main dining room, all with beautiful water views to maximize your dining experience. Operating for over 39 years our menu selections range from a wide variety of the finest seafood and steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sea Watch Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Sea Watch Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (283)special occasion (197)romantic (148)neighborhood gem (113)great for outdoor dining (111)great for lunch (101)good for groups (91)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (53)great for brunch (42)kid-friendly (31)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (16)Show More
- Old faithfulBobber56Dined on 8/16/2014This icon has been around longer than I have. It caters to a mostly senior crowd, but that's an indicator of good value. Food is very good, staff friendly and being right on the water is a treat. Don't expect five star, yet expect really good food at a good price. Corkage fee is only $10,so we brought our own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllenDined on 8/16/2014Food and service was excellent. Bar Drinks were made very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luckySDined on 8/16/2014one of my favorite places. great food, great view. I go every time I'm in floridaSpecial Features:
- Charming sea viewsandrewjrwDined on 8/16/2014Sea Watch has a wonderful mix of up to date amenities and old-world charm. Pleasant and efficient staff, excellent reservation handling, good parking, outstanding view. We experienced the dinner-at-dusk which is essentially table d'hote. Great value, with a good selection of items. Ask for a window seat. If you choose to order a la carte you won't be disappointed by selection. Everyone we saw dining appeared to be enjoying themselves, the food, and the atmosphere. The restaurant appears to be a favorite with locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedFLMEMADined on 8/15/2014We no longer live in this area so it had been 10 years since we went to the Sea Watch. We were sorely dissappointed on several points. The food was terribly overpriced and the menu is A LA CARTE, meaning for a $29 entree you get a piece of fish with nothing else. Even though we made reservations, and requested a window seat, we were seated right next to the steps coming down from the deck which gave us a view of the steps. When our waitress discovered we weren't having drinks, there was a noticeable shift in the temperature. The dessert menus were put on the table in front of us without a word. The service was prompt but there were certainly no smiles or "warm fuzzies." The food itself was delicious but, sadly, no return for us!
- Always a great meal!jamesDined on 8/14/2014But also excellent service....Robin did a wonderful job making my mother- in- law's 93rd birthday a special one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the Dinning experience was greatfrequentdinnerDined on 8/14/2014all round a wonderful dinning experience: food, service & view are the topsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!DrStanDined on 8/13/2014The food is excellent as are the presentations. W especially appreciated tghe way lobsters were served; i.e., wit a cloth napkin on the dih upon which the lobster was presented. This prevented slippage of the lobster shells on the plate.Special Features:
- Outstanding MealKaysaraDined on 8/10/2014Our fifty-first anniversary celebration turned out to be a wonderful meal with an incomparable view. We will not hesitate to return for future celebrations. Hopefully we can include our family and friends at that time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Food and service were excellent, as usual. My favorite restaurant for a special occasion or anytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great food, nice place. We soent a great time, enjoying the food and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentoscarVIPDined on 8/8/2014I usually order the lobster but switched to the prime rib this trip. It was disappointing...fatty and not as flavorful as I remembered. I'll stick to lobster next time. Also, the waitress asked as us to leave after we finished our meal since we apparently were sitting too long taking up a table. We thought that a bit tacky but we continued our conversation outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGingVIPDined on 8/7/2014Sea Watch is great - the setting alone is perfect and is only outdone by the delicious food and great service - we had Robin and she was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but pricyYum4Dined on 8/7/2014The food was delicious, quick service, and amazing views. It is a great place to go for a special occasion. Everything is ala cart which makes it expensive.Special Features:
- Never fails us...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014We go to Sea Watch when we want to have a special dinner, give someone a special treat, celebrate an occasion, or just feel a bit pampered. We know we can count on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Sea Watch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Sea Watch welcomed our party with a wonderful table by the ocean as I had requested. It was very comfortable as we also needed accessibility of a wheel chair. Our service was wonderful and the food was outstanding. The absolute best calamari I have ever eaten. Thank you for proving to be my best choice to celebrate this memorable day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeHappycats3Dined on 8/4/2014I have been coming here for years and have always had a wonderful time. The variety of food is expansive and the service has always been friendly.Special Features:
- GREAT EXPEIENCEJIMMDined on 8/4/2014FOOD WAS GREAT AND OUR SERVER WAS EXCEPTIONAL---OUR THANKS FOR A WONDERFUL DAYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portions to small. .DanthedinerDined on 8/4/2014Went on Mon. Not crowded . Seafood tower was ordered the seafood "tower". Sounds BIG but very small portion. And it's not a tower, it's more a platter. Lobster was good and so was the grouper. Overall food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was back after 25 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014I lived near Sea Watch years ago and it was a favorite. Returning to Fort Lauderdale for a vacation I wanted my children to experience it. Dinner was delicious, the service was superb and the view is unbeatable. It's a wonderful restaurant and was as great as I remembered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningHappyDined on 8/2/2014Food was good and service was fast. Very crowded on the weekends. Be sure to make reservations. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EssieDined on 8/2/2014Food was good, service just fine, and the view of the ocean was spectacular. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBocadiners2Dined on 8/2/2014It was our 28th wedding anniversary and we wanted a special romantic dinner at a nice restaurant. The food was excellent, but we were seated in a room with a party of twelve extremely loud adults celebrating their birthdays. They were so loud it was impossible to carry on much of a conversation. Then my husband had an email from the Sea Watch with a special birthday coupon. When the bill was presented we were told we could not use it because we had ordered from the Dinner at Dusk menu. We had had the coupon before and never had a problem with it. So that kind of put a damper on the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and drink 9, service 3OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Food was good and good value. Salmon and paella entrees were both large and tasty. Setting was terrific -- Beach views. Bartender was very good. Waitress very bad. Didn't ask about dessert or wine -- we were strongly considering both. Didn't check on us for most of dinner. Maitre D was very condescending. Better than average experience but would sit at the bar to have dinner and at least not have the same waitress. We felt that we were a bother to her.Special Features:
- Great location with a great view!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014The food here is good and cooked properly but is a bit overpriced for what you get. Would recommend for lunch and anytime you want a great view with your dinner! The service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidJDogDined on 7/26/2014Went there this weekend for lunch and was very happy. Not fancy but solid place with nice views.Special Features:
- Always love this place!ChrisDined on 7/25/2014This is a place we come to once or twice while we are down visiting in Pompano Beach. Always a treat for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Everything super !! We recommand this restaurant because it's really anice place to go.Special Features:
- DisappointedButchDined on 7/24/2014Went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Had a coupon and couldn't use it on the early bird menu which we had several times in the past. Rules changed along the way and we did not know this until after the meal. The waitress should have told us that if we were using a coupon we could not use it on the early bird menu. This was a recent change.Special Features:
- Our 20 Year Wedding AnniversaryMelvinDaygloDined on 7/23/2014Everything from beginning to end was wonderful. We started with appetizers and drinks(best margaritas in the world) on the outside upper level deck about 5:30 pm. Adrianna was our gracious, smiling server. She was extremely helpful with photographing us with our phone cameras. We were buzzed to our requested table about 10 minutes early which was perfect timing. Mary B was our next excellent server at our favorite table(#75) and provided just the right amount of professional service. Thank you all for helping make our night a fond memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great night at Sea WatchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2014the food was good, the service was good, and the evening was very enjoyable. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Not accommodatingGingerDined on 7/23/2014Very unhappy about not satisfying the customer. We order prime rib rare and it was medium. In my opinion no matter how good the food was I will not recommend this resturant for that reason. They did not for any reason want to make us happy.Special Features:
- business meetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014made a reservation on line for 5:30 PM. Also had an earlier meeting there at 4:00 PM. We were thrown out of an area of the restaurant as it was called "closed" even thought it was open with other people The front desk did not know how to properly handle the two events. The front desk coordinator was unfriendly. The second floor bar personnel was not well educated; need much customer interface trainingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backChris3412VIPDined on 7/21/2014Had not been to the Sea Watch in a few years, was pleasantly surprised! Service was good. Quiet. Great Conch chowder and real lobster is added to the lobster bisque. Very quiet. Can get a little dark once the sun sets and they dim the lights.Special Features:
- Another great lobster meal!Married52Dined on 7/21/2014Another great lobster meal was enjoyed .Cooked perfectly, served with bib, lobster crackers, butter, corn! potatoes M&D towelletes for cleanup. Couldn't ask for a better meal.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceFoodieDined on 7/21/2014Our waitress Adrainna was very slow, it was just our table of 4 and one guy at the bar, she could hardly handle our drink order, she didn't know any of the prices and when she went to find out it took way too long! When she finally did bring our drinks out it was almost 15 minutes later! I could see her just standing there talking with the bartender the whole time! The last straw was when she told us it was extra to "add ice" to my Johnny Walker! I don't even want to get started on how long she took to bring the bill, I finally just told my husband to go up to the Bar and pay it... Such a bad experience we did not stay for dinner! It's unfortunate because it seemed like a very nice place.
- Always GreatDCDinerVIPDined on 7/21/2014We always make a trip here when in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Always great, fresh food with wonderful service.Special Features:
- Great Seafood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014This was a great place to get some really good fresh seafood. I was visiting this past weekend from Orlando and read some good reviews, so I decided to try it out for dinner. I ordered the blackened Mahi and it was delicious. The restaurant was a perfect setting for nighttime, well lit, romantice, however, the night i went for some reason it was very hot inside. It was nearly 85 degrees outside, but it felt about the same inside. Besides that, the food was great. It was almost closing time and people were still walking in. My salad was a little soggy, but overall I had a great experience. I would go back again... earlier of course to see the sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come againRandyRatesDined on 7/19/2014I really enjoyed the experience. Great seating too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueBeeDined on 7/19/2014Dinner was very good. The scallops were outstanding.Special Features: