Bank & Bourbon
1200 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bank & Bourbon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bankandbourbon.com/
- Phone: 2152317300x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sun - 9:30 - 2:00 A la carte menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Harkins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inherently american designed menus of your choice created by the talented culinary team of chef Harkins.
- Private Party Facilities: Bank and Bourbon offers private banquet areas for your enjoyment. Handling groups of 5 to 100 ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Besty Lyons 215-231-7345x
- Special Events: Come in Sunday - Friday from 5-7pm for Happy Hour. Enjoy small-bite food treats, and drink specials featuring signature cocktails. With special food and beverage combinations the happiest Happy Hour in Philadelphia.
A word from Bank & Bourbon
Bank & Bourbon provides an inherently American menu by celebrated Executive Chef Tom Harkins, that offers creative, seasonal interpretations of classic dishes - all in a comfortable, relaxed setting. Additionally Bank & Bourbon features an innovative barrel-aging program for house aged liquors and creative cocktails under the guidance of our experienced Bourbon Master. Located at the historic PSFS building.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bank & Bourbon reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)good for groups (28)great for lunch (23)special occasion (21)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (11)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (9)hot spot (9)scenic view (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The people and service atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2008The people and service at Sole Food were fabulous. I could not have asked for a more enjoyable anniversary dinner. We will be back.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasHbackDined on 6/24/2008Our dining experience was wonderful. It was our one year anniversary which we got married at the Loews. They really went all out to show us that they cared and really took great care of us. I would definitely go back any time. The food was out of this world and the service was incredible!Special Features:
- Throughly enjoyed the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2008Throughly enjoyed the dining experience. The jazz band was awesome.Special Features:
- I took my significant otherOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2008I took my significant other to SoleFood for his birthday. He loves shellfish whereas I'm deathly allergic but my food was good (the NY steak for dry, but then again it did say dry-aged) but his was spectacular (he had the sea bass). THe service was excellent, his dessert was unique and delicious. We had a secluded booth in the back for the romance factor. However, the dining area is not a place for children. Being as though this is connected to The Lowes Hotel, there was a family there with a little boy who obviously has not yet been diagnosed with his apparent ADD who was running around yelling but this was definitely a wonderful experience. My only complaint is that the bar food cannot be mixed w/the regular menu.Special Features:
- The fish selections were inventiveOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/13/2008The fish selections were inventive and delicious. The menu was varied for a seafood lover, but I really wouldn't recommend bringing anyone who doesn't like fish, considering there aren't many alternatives to it on the menu. I highly enjoyed my meal, especially the new dessert, peanut butter and jelly brownie!Special Features:
- The experience started wellOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2008The experience started well by being promptly taken to our seats when we arrived and a jazz band was performing. However, the service left much to be desired. There was literally one waiter for approx. 7 tables and some of the tables sat 5 people. The waiter was stretched too thin but the managers were walking around like nothing was wrong. After eating, there was a mistake on our check and we had to wait another 20 minutes to get out check back! The food was great but I have had better service at TGIFridays. Maybe it would be better on a weeknight.Special Features:
- Our server, Shango, was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2008Our server, Shango, was great! He made the experience very memorable and I really do appreciate it. The menu was not plentiful, nor were the portions. This confirmed my hesitation of eating at hotel restaurants due to the limited selection on the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent, fresh and creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/24/2008Excellent, fresh and creative seafood dishes, wonderfully presented. Excellent service. Dessert is the one and only weakness (Strawberries done three ways - all thre were bland, boring and lifeless.)Special Features:
- The bar scene wasn't veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2008The bar scene wasn't very vibrant, but there was music and people from the hotel and the street that kind of went in for the bar. Also, the actual dining area was nice and peaceful for a nice date. Food was too expensive for what was provided. Overall it was a pretty good experience.Special Features:
- Very good food. I was directedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/21/2008Very good food. I was directed from my original choices by the waiter who steered me to their Hamachi appetizer (melt in your mouth!) and Chilean sea bass (outstanding). A couple of hiccups in service, but nothing that overly disrupted the delicious meal and nice ambience. A jazz combo and singer provided a lovely sonic backdrop to the evening.Special Features:
- Excellent service. EscellentFoodie4LifeDined on 5/19/2008Excellent service. Escellent food. Excessively loud. There is a huge bar area which is open to the restaurant eating area; it was impossible to carry on a dinner conversation because of the noise. Very unfortunate overall experience because of this.Special Features:
- This is the second time I'veOperationDinnerOutVIPDined on 5/16/2008This is the second time I've eaten here. Wasn't overly impressed the first time. This time, the food was excellent and will definitely get me back. Portion sizes, for both appetizers and main courses, could be larger, however.Special Features:
- We like this place, have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2008We like this place, have been here 4 x, the filet is excellent, and Yesterday's Soup is always good. The waiter is attentive, the decor is nice!Special Features:
- We ate at Sole Food for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2008We ate at Sole Food for Mother's Day brunch. While it was a bit pricey, the brunch was wonderful! They had everything from carved meats, to seafood, to caviar. The dessert table was fantastic. A very nice touch was a separate kids table with french toast, fried chicken fingers, and beautiful cupcakes and worms in dirt for dessert. We enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:
- Raw appetizers were top notch.BuffyStreetVIPDined on 5/10/2008Raw appetizers were top notch. Hamachi a favorite. Portions did put one in a mind of dropping by the local 7-11 after. Salad was OK, but dull. Entrees well prepared, but a bit underseasoned. The menu offers a lovely variety of interesting dishes, but the presentation of each dish was the same sort of 'stacked in a bowl' thing that doesn't do justice to the entree or it's garnish. Dessert was lovely, the cappucino so-so.Special Features:
- This was our first time visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2008This was our first time visiting but we were all very pleased. We have already told others about our experience and will keep doing so. We will visit again.Special Features:
- Our experience was typicalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2008Our experience was typical of an 'I don't care, we have to be open' hotel dining room. We were seated at a table in that was directly in the path of carts, bus tubs,and tables from some event the staff was tearing down in another part of the hotel? It took 35 minutes to receive our breakfast food. we were served lukewarm water with no ice when we requested water. I was never offered a refill on my coffee. My french toast was just warm, not hot, although my daughter's omelet was decent. This was worse than going to IHOP for breakfast. I would never recommend this place to anyone.
- We met a prospective clientOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2008We met a prospective client for breakfast and chose your restaurant simply because he was staying at the Loews. A very happy acccident! Although we don't yet know if his organization will become a client, I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount -- and quality -- of the smoked salmon I received with my order. I can't think of the last time I was unable to clean my plate at breakfast. I do hope I will have the chance to return on another trip to Philadelphia.
- The food was very good, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2008The food was very good, although I was disappointed that the entree did not come with a vegatable or side dish.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd visit tostrawberryVIPDined on 3/21/2008This was our 2nd visit to sole Food,both times we sat in the same area of the lounge for dinner as to see the live jazz band which is excellent. Although the food was still excellent the service was poor this time, the only time our waiter was really around was when we didn't need him. After the first visit I would have called this place romantic as my husband and I sat on a sofa and enjoyed dinner and the music however, there were actually young children running freely around the lounge area this time - it was awful - I can't believe they allowed this + a bunch of freeloading young adults - at least 8 loafing next to us on the sofa, ordering nothing and starting little fires with the candle on the table - nobody said a word to them!Special Features:
- Had breakfast on a separateOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2008Had breakfast on a separate day and the same slow service for lunch on the reserved day. Would not go back.
- One of the many good choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2008One of the many good choices in Phila to have drinks and dinner.Special Features:
- They have the best StrawberryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/31/2008They have the best Strawberry Mojitos in Philadelphia!Special Features:
- A homeless person wanderedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/30/2008A homeless person wandered in and swiped my parking card which had falling out of my purse. To make matters worse I was seated next to the hostess stand, si the person had to walk by them to get to my table.
- Sole Food is a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/25/2007Sole Food is a great place to eat for brunch and beyond. I love the piano with the bar. It was an excellent experience.Special Features:
- i havent back since reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/26/2006i havent back since really dont plan on it . wasnt enought food . just didnt care for it overall