Bank & Bourbon
1200 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bank & Bourbon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bankandbourbon.com/
- Phone: 2152317300x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sun - 9:30 - 2:00 A la carte menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Harkins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inherently american designed menus of your choice created by the talented culinary team of chef Harkins.
- Private Party Facilities: Bank and Bourbon offers private banquet areas for your enjoyment. Handling groups of 5 to 100 ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Besty Lyons 215-231-7345x
- Special Events: Come in Sunday - Friday from 5-7pm for Happy Hour. Enjoy small-bite food treats, and drink specials featuring signature cocktails. With special food and beverage combinations the happiest Happy Hour in Philadelphia.
A word from Bank & Bourbon
Bank & Bourbon provides an inherently American menu by celebrated Executive Chef Tom Harkins, that offers creative, seasonal interpretations of classic dishes - all in a comfortable, relaxed setting. Additionally Bank & Bourbon features an innovative barrel-aging program for house aged liquors and creative cocktails under the guidance of our experienced Bourbon Master. Located at the historic PSFS building.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bank & Bourbon reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)good for groups (42)special occasion (27)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (26)hot spot (14)romantic (12)scenic view (11)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (10)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Still working out some kinksTimFDined on 6/6/2014I'll preface this by saying that B&B has a lot of potential, and there's the possibility that my visit came on an off day. Overall everthing was good but not great. The service was a little spotty (such as the waiter not knowing if my sandwich came with fries or a salad or both) but was fine overall. I was a little disappointed with the ahi tuna sandwich and accompanying salad, but the menu has so many other options that I'm looking forward to going back and trying some more items.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchElizanyVIPDined on 6/4/2014The burger (suggested by the waiter) was amazing and the butter is my new favorite thing to eat. The waiter was very knowledgeable and his suggestion for my meal was perfect (convincing and honest). I'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the Bank & Bourbon reviews archive.
- disappointedjbpf23VIPDined on 5/31/2014Being in the area we decided to try this restaurant since their menu looked good. We both thought that the food was very good, but that did not make up for the poor service. We were seated, had water, bread and waited for a good 10 minutes before a waiter ever came over for a drink order. The menu was never explained, the waiter just came over and said what will you have. We received the wrong appetizer which was corrected by the runner, never saw the waiter. At dinners end we asked for the check, then the table next to us ordered drinks, the waiter took care of their drink order and forgot about our bill. At this point we just wanted to leave since the noise level at this restaurant is really high from the bar and lounge.Special Features:
- You have to go here!LumberJacksWifeDined on 5/31/2014Best dining experience we have had in Philly since moving here 3 years ago! The drinks were amazing, service was impeccable and the food was indescribably good!! Loved it all! Highly recommend for a date night out or get together with a group of friends :) if you love bourbon this is the place to go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayKandCDined on 5/24/2014Food was okay at best; certainly not reflective of the price paid. Neat view as large windows face the street, but the walking traffic going by is a bit distracting.
- It is not about the foodRWoodBVIPDined on 5/24/2014The expansive bar dominates the space, one that has hard surfaces that cause the noise to be reflected all over, including the dining area. The food is no better than restaurant coffee shop fare, and the Pea perogies should be taken off the menu. A glass of wine should not cost as much as an entire bottle at a wine store. Only the friendly and attentive service made the dinner tolerable.
- chasnanVIPDined on 5/24/2014lunch was very good I was there for a wedding so it was a special occasion service was fineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveVIPDined on 5/22/2014Great place to eat breakfast. Food is outstanding and choices are broad. My wife had pancakes that were "out of this world". This is something since she doesn't order pancakes when we are out as a rule. Food is fresh and service is good.Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 5/21/2014We went to Bank and Bourbon for breakfast. It was value priced and tasty. The eggs were done just right and the meet was good quality. We would go back next time we are in Phily.Special Features:
- Great new placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014The staff was pleasant and knowledgeable from start to finish; our waiter recommended a drink for me that was spot on to what I wanted. The location is easy to get to and the food was delicious. Whether you sit at the bar for drinks and apps or get a table and pick an entree, I enjoyed it all around and will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceSarsaparillaVIPDined on 5/10/2014Unusually roomy, comfortable restaurant, with a good amount of space between the tables. Soft music was a pleasure. Very good food. Wonderful, attentive service. Desserts are a stand out.Special Features:
- Good hotel restaurantOkayfoodDined on 5/7/2014The location had excellent service but the food was hotel conference quality. If you are staying in Philadelphia near 12th and Market go for it. If you are a local there are better options.Special Features:
- nice settingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/5/2014I love the new setting of the restaurant. It is very comfortable and luxurious with lots of leather and comfortable seating. The service is un-even. The waiter was enthusiastic, but the runner was not. Some of the food such as the cauliflower soup and French Fries were very tasty, other food like the steak had almost no taste and wasn't warm enough. I'll try it again, but order a different entrée.
- outstanding service, ok foodrjb3Dined on 5/1/2014Ambiance was good, service unparalleled, food ok....recommend for drinks and appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service - limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/24/2014Very small selection on the menu, and the entree portions are rather on the small side comparatively, however the food was good. The service from our waiter was what set things apart. He was perfect.
- DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 4/23/2014After reading the reviews, I was expecting a great dining experience. The restaurant itself is wonderful and the service was excellent. I had the halibut which was perfectly cooked but perfectly flavorless. Lack of flavor was underscored by the fact that the fish was cold, not even close to warm. My dining companion ordered lamb so I suspect the halibut was done first and cooled off. If it hadn't been so late and I wasn't exhausted, I would have sent it back. So unfortunate.
- Outstanding!JerryDined on 4/22/2014Went for lunch today for first time since the restaurant opened. Had the grilled skirt steak salad and it was delicious!! Steak was so tender and flavorful and their fries with parmesan cheese are the best fries I have ever eaten. Definitely want to go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bjb1VIPDined on 4/19/2014We dined here for the first time since its transformation from Sole Food, and it was excellent. We were greeted promptly, seated immediately, and the service was attentive but not intrusive. We opted for pre-theater small plates, and each was tasty and nicely presented.
- Quality experiencepaulieDined on 4/19/2014The food was well prepared as folks from our tabled sampled a variety of things on the menu from appetizers through to seafood and meats. All were fresh, meats and seafood were cooked to the exact level. Additionally, the child's menu offered a higher quality spin on the typical kids menu such as pasta. Service was very good as the staff were very attentive and things were well orchestrated in general.Special Features:
- new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/18/2014nice restaurant with a unique feel to it, food was okay, service was excellentSpecial Features:
- WowFoodieScoutVIPDined on 4/18/2014Bank and Bourbon has set the stage for a dynamic hot look, feel and great food in Phikadelphia. We loved every aspect of the place and plan to return soon. Love the jean waiter uniforms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodhelhallDined on 4/17/2014Chicken and cheese are to die for. Rosemary fries were heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceanksDined on 4/12/2014It took several minutes for the waiters to even bring a drink menu! They were inattentive the entire evening -- it should not take 2.5 hours to have dinner for 6 when the restaurant wasn't even full. They also substituted the bourbon I wanted without asking. Just terrible.
- We're return visitors to thisDrJohnVIPDined on 4/12/2014We're return visitors to this place -- never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!DrJohnVIPDined on 4/10/2014While traveling we always pick one restaurant to return to on the last day! This was it! Lunch was spectacular as was the service. You don't want to miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealMinimarjDined on 4/6/2014We went here for lunch and had a good meal. We were seated quickly, had an attentive wait staff, and they were very accommodating.Special Features:
- Not Rushing BackAMAZINGVIPDined on 4/5/2014With all the wonderful options here in Phildelphia, I doubt I'll ever retrun to this place. The portions are small, the prices are high and the food is just okay.
- great findEtarreVIPDined on 4/4/2014I was in town for a conference, and staying across the street at the Marriott hotel. After a bad experience at the Marriott's restaurant my first night, I ventured across the street to Bank and Bourbon the second night, and couldn't have been happier to find it. The cocktails are delightful, the bartenders were friendly and made great food and drink recommendations, and I would up eating there several times during my stay. In particular, the pastrami short rib and the corn/pea shoot salad were wonderful. For breakfast, the smoked pork loin optional side was great, but my egg white frittata and biscuit were only so-so.
- Great food. Was genuinelyDavidDined on 4/3/2014Great food. Was genuinely surprised and pleased with the food and service considering the restaurant just opened. Need to expand entree items on menu to include the burger they advertise on the front. Found out they only serve burgers for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ate here twice in a 10 dayLivesToEatVIPDined on 11/28/2012I ate here twice in a 10 day period of time. My first meal was so wonderful that I highly recommended to other friends that we dine here. The second experience was not as good as the first. I ordered (and highly recommended) the seasonal vegetable plate. I was very disappointed when I was served a totally different dish than I had had just 10 days prior. I think I will give it one more chance.Special Features:
- We ate at Loews in the morningJackieVIPDined on 8/20/2012We ate at Loews in the morning and evening on Monday (brunch and dinner). Our waitress in the morning was not attentive enough ... she needed to seem more happy and willing to help! However our waiter in the evening was AWESOME!!! Overall, the food is great and highly recommended!Special Features:
- while the servers were nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2012while the servers were nice, they really do not know how to serve a well paced, fine meal we felt very rushed even though we requested them to slow down they need training as to how to present, clear and interact iin a calm , professional and sophisticated manner the food was very good
- Went there on a Saturday thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Went there on a Saturday there was no lunch menu, only brunch. The service was pretty bad. The food was OK even though there was not a lot of options. I ate a grilled cheese - not my ideal during a business meeting
- Awesome place for quiet romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011Awesome place for quiet romantic dinner with your spouse. I loved it and I plan on returning. Great food and even better drinks.Special Features:
- Went for RW and it was okay,PreciousVIPDined on 9/23/2011Went for RW and it was okay, I had a fish sandwich.Special Features:
- Happy Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2011My co-worker and I decided to do a spur- of-the monent happy hour after work on a Friday night. At the time when we went, we participated in the "Minute to Win IT "contest that they had going on in the restaurant-- the young lady who explained how to play was so energetic!!! We ending up winning a prize that we used in the restaurant-- how awesome is that?!! Once happy hour was over, we enjoyed the live jazz band and the great drinks!!! We will go again!!Special Features:
- Food forf the SolePETERtheKVIPDined on 11/7/2010Fresh seafood served in a modern and fancy setting. Who could ask for more. A tad expensve but not so much so as to detract from a wonderful meal. Go for it!Special Features:
- We have been there on severalEmeritusBillDined on 11/14/2008We have been there on several occasions for lunch. The food is quite excellent -- tuna ahi was exceptional -- with a very reasonable ambiance, especially for a hotel restaurant. The server was very pleasant, knowledgable, and helpful. On each visit our only complaint has been with the very slow service following the arrival of the main course. The time between completion of the meal and the arrival of tea/coffee, dessert was exceedingly long. This seemd to have less to do with the skill of the waitress, than with the fact that the waitress was very overworked.Special Features:
- Great selection of warm breadOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2008Great selection of warm bread from the oven. The fish was exceptional!
- Service here is really lousyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2008Service here is really lousy and the prices are very high-end. We repeatedly had to ask for water. The food was so-so. They are still fond of the trend some years ago of mixing fruit in with the savory bits. At the end, our coffees came and went by the time the dessert finally arrived--still frozen! Very disappointing meal. The place is GIANT (the old PSFS bank lobby) which is impressive, especially when the dining room is so empty on a Saturday night. The bar was very busy though, with wedding parties from the hotel apparently keeping this place afloat.