The Capital Grille - Phoenix
2502 East Camelback Suite 199
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6029528900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Thursday: 11:00am – 4:00pm, Friday 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Lounge Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Anderson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Available for Corporate breakfast meetings and Saturday and Sunday Exclusives prior to open, please contact Torri McFarland at 602-952-8900.
A word from The Capital Grille - Phoenix
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
The Capital Grille - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (34)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (18)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great Phoenix RestaurantAlanZVIPDined on 11/30/2013We have eaten at this Capital Grill many times. The food, service and atmosphere were the best we have experienced on any visit. Our server Carolann and her assistant did a first rate job in serving our group of 4 celebrating a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined at the Capital GrilleOneFoodieDined on 11/29/2013We dined at the Capital Grille to celebrate our two sons birthdays. We enjoyed an excellent dining experience. Our server provided outstanding service and the food was delicious. We would recommend the Capital Grill for a special occasion to all our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!SFeaterDined on 11/28/2013We ate here on Thanksgiving day. Everything from the food to the service was absolute perfection. Oe of the best steaks I've ever had. Everyone at our table was absolutely delighted with the entire experience. Will return asap.Special Features:
- Turkey TalkKathyADined on 11/28/2013Family visit with our daughter in Phoenix. Seven of us, two young children.our server Joe Trice was terrific, food was delicious and he made great suggestions. Expensive but worth every penny for a wonderful holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capitol Grill - PhoenixOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013I love going to the grill, the food is great, the atmosphere is up-scale and the staff is friendly and professional .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal Ever!SandyDDined on 11/28/2013First time at this restaurant on Thanksgiving Day. Awesome appetizers, steaks, and desserts. Will definitely go again often prior to next year's Thanksgiving. Food, service and ambiance is superior to most and well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ThanksgivingLyn27Dined on 11/28/2013Based on excellent lunches there, we decided to put our family Thanksgiving into the hands of The Capitol Grill. Wonderful! Really good, prompt service for our party of 9, even though the place was packed. Fantastic cranberry sauce! One diner had dry turkey, which was quickly changed out for a new plate. We felt very well-cared for and will put this on our list for next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great and always reliableElizabethVIPDined on 11/24/2013I can always count on Capitol Grille, no matter what city Im in. Love it every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every thing was great ,but.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013With the exception of the lobster bisque, which smelled fishy and caused my wife to not be able to keep her meal down. The rest of the meal , service, and atmosphere was great . The lamb , steak and shrimp potions of the meal were excellent . I sent a complaint to the restaurant expecting at least an apology, but received nothing after almost a week. I will not recommend this restaurant or return either.Special Features:
- Business MeetingCharlesDined on 11/21/2013A very good place to hold a business meeting at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grillel - Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2013I have dined at Capital Grille Many times for special occasions and simply for the joy of dining there. The food is always excellent and the service is beyond expemlary. This time it was with my girlfriends for the triple threat birthday party. The wine was outstanding, the food (combination steak and lobster) was excellent and our waiter, Joe, was a delight. I am sure as the night went on we were a bit challenging, but we continued to receive excellent service, excellent food and more than enough excellent wine. We love that lavish enviroment, comfortable, tasteful and you always feel like it is a special occassion when you are at the Capital GrilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWEC5136Dined on 11/5/2013The service level from the moment we entered the Grill was outstanding. The folks at the front greeted us, recognized I had a special request regarding a quiet table and immediately worked to resolve that request. The server at the table was very professional and did not intrude on our business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid;y goodMigselvVIPDined on 10/31/2013A bit too dark-wood masculine but handsome, the restaurant is exactly what it bills itself as, a destination spot for carnivores. The steaks we had were impeccable, the au poivre sauce delish and the mashed potatoes only slightly too liquid. The smoked salmon appetizer was wonderful. The restaurant could do with a different bread provider. The breads were booooring...Special Features:
- Tuesday niteOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/29/2013Top notch food and service. I have been to capital grille in Dallas and decided to try this one while traveling. No disappointments.
- How you should be treatedHappyVIPDined on 10/29/2013My wife & I went there for dinner the service was excellent and the food as always was top notch, I have been there at least a dozen times and they have never disappointed whether for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakfoodieVIPDined on 10/29/2013We really enjoyed dinner here.It's been a long time since we went to Capital Grill and commented that this steak was the best we have had in recent memory. Service was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good, Service- not so muchRoadWarrior4lifeVIPDined on 10/9/2013Brought European guests to dine on American steak, which is a 'must do' for Intl folks. While the steaks did not disappoint, the slow service & curt attitude of the staff did. The table wasn't ready,(a time honored tradition to add a round of drinks to the tab). Followed by a request for a "coke, no ice" order at the bar (typical of Europeans) apparently has never been heard before. Though asked for 2X, a coke w/ a glass full of cubes was served. When asked a 3rd time, the annoyed bartender said "Enjoy your warm coke"(!??). Once seated, it took15+ min before the Server found us. Pre-occupied + inattentive the entire meal, he missed a side-order & seemingly disappeared. Despite all this, the quality of the meal held up to the expectations.
- YummyDinner42Dined on 10/9/2013I ordered the chef's special of 2 4oz sirloin medallions with a lobster tail on each of them. It was fantastic. I was very pleased with my selection until I tasted my wife's filet oscar. Her's was one of the best things I've ever had. Absolutely wonderful.Special Features:
- Fantastic as UsualDianeDined on 9/29/2013Love eating at The Capital Grill, service and food is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2013As always, our dinner at The Capital Grille was very good!! I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a great steak and good wine.Special Features:
- Special Event EnhancedMadelineDined on 9/26/2013We went to the Capital Grill to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary. The restaurant staff and establishment couldn't do enough to make our evening special. From a decorated table to champagne the whole evening gave us that feeling of being special. Our waiter, Brandon, couldn't do enough to present the meal carefully and set the tone of celebration. We would definitely return to this Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabuloussanfransiscofoodie1Dined on 9/25/2013I love the decor and booths. Growing up the better places had more booths and they are comfortable and private. The only suggestion is the Ceasar salad should be crispier. It was limp, as if it had been sitting prepared earlier. The filets were wonderful and the perfectly prepared vegetables of any place I have been in years. I will be going sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT VEGETARIAN FriendlyKITTTTDined on 9/24/2013I made reservations for four. I notated 1 vegetarian was joining. When we arrived I mentioned the vegetarian was dinning. The waiter informed us to call ahead and let the restaurant know next time. This is rather annoying as this step was already taken. The waiter recommended a salad and the salad had anchovies. DO NOT EAT HERE IF YOU ARE A VEGETARIANI would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekJimmyDined on 9/22/2013*Porcini Rubbed Delmonico with 15-Year Aged Balsamic was excellent and perfectly cooked. The filet was pretty standard. The calimari was a bit soggy for my taste, but had a great spicy flavor. Spoiler alert-The espresso chocolate cake is not a cake, but more of a soft fudge like consistency. My wife liked it. I was excepting bread like cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week unbeknownst to me..OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/21/2013OK, so I can't hold Capital Grille completely accountable for mediocrity in meat. I was craving a filet, didn't want to go far. Seated 20 min after our open table resv time with a "welcome to restaurant week" I should have known. Walked through the entire restaurant to be seated in the back room which was only being filled to accommodate the "I want a meal for $40" crowd. I requested main dining room and got an "I'm sorry were full tonight". Then we were left for dead....our waiter was new to serving so we gave him a break. Food was meh, environment, icckk, and I am now left with a sub par impression. Sorry, probably my bad for going on such a pre-prepped mass produced kind of night. Sticking w J & G further up the road!
- Best Anniversary Dinner Ever!BESTPLACEINTOWNVIPDined on 9/20/2013We celebrated our 10 year anniversary at The Capital Grille on Camelback because we always wanted to go there. And were we surprised. Great service and attention to detail like a rose on the table with hearts spread out on the table when we arrived. A free champagne toast and dessert was also included. Not to mention the steak that I could cut with my knife. I had to ask why they even bothered with bringing me the steak knife! My wife's halibut special was a bit overcooked on the edges, but overall she really enjoyed her meal. Great place to bring your wife or girlfriend for a special occasion. Be sure to mention to them what the occasion is when you are booking your reservation so they can "get it right!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster MacLeleDined on 9/15/2013I ordered the filet Oscar and lobster Mac and cheese and both were to die for! Amazing in every way. The amount of crab meat on the Oscar topper is impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a bad lunch spottwofoodiesVIPDined on 9/9/2013The only compliant I had was the deceiving way the server managed to make my lunch an expensive affair. They have a lunch menu with some items that are reasonably priced so I went with something a little smaller. Then the server asked what type of salad I wanted with it, I thought it came with it but no, alas, it did not and it added another $10 to my bill. Had I known that I wouldn't have ordered an extra side to go with my lunch. All of the food was delicious but I really didn't like the way I was tricked into ordering more food and then go charged for it. At the end of the day I wrote the whole experience off as a decadent lunch but I'll be more careful next time.
- ExcellentVisitorVIPDined on 9/5/2013We ate lunch at The Capital Grille because of their plate specials. My dining companion had the lobster roll which was described as outstanding! I had the scallops served on a bed of creamed corn it was excellent. Given the plate lunch is 16$ which includes either a soup or a salad plus a side, it is very good value for money. Plus you get the exceptional Capital Grille service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parents 50th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2013The service at Capital Grille was outstanding. I can't say I've ever had anything less here but it's always noteworthy. Extremely grateful for the fine and kind service given.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchLoisGibbsDined on 8/23/2013Always try to go for my birthday. They make it so special.Special Features:
- Fabulous and ConsistentDesert4MeDined on 8/21/2013We so enjoyed our dinner at Capital Grille! The quality of food and service is always top-notch. We have never been disappointed and always look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOaf007Dined on 8/17/2013Although I am not a fine dining expert by any stretch this was one of the best meals I have ever had. We went for our anniversary and everything was beyond what we could have expected. Wine list was excellent, food was outstanding, and ambiance was great. If you are there over the summer I would recommend the Generous Pour Wine event, it was like a wine tasting table side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/14/2013My latest experience at Capital Grille was wonderful. We were celebrating my birthday and as we sat down, we were offered a complimentary glass of champagne for a special birthday toast. The champagne was excellent. Not only did we receive outstanding service but the food was excellent and the ambience was perfect for a celebration. The restaurant even provided a hand written card wishing me a happy birthday and decorated the table with confetti. As we finished a wonderful meal, I was presented with a piece of flourless cake with a candle. A fitting end to a wonderful night. I would recommend Capital Grille for all future celebrations or just a night with your special someone.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2013This place is excellent Ll the way around. Great food great service. I look forward to my next trip to Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal AgainanhoffVIPDined on 8/9/2013Capital Grille is always good. Great for business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks...pdc1Dined on 8/7/2013for making my daughter's b-day special!! Great Job!!
- AmazingJetsetter1VIPDined on 8/1/2013I took my dad there for his birthday. He loved it he said it was the best meal he ever had.Special Features:
- Excellent food, steaks andSvendDined on 7/25/2013Excellent food, steaks and sea food, accompanied by outstanding service. Definitively one of the best restaurants in Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerJasmin10VIPDined on 7/21/2013Our server was very nice, but the service was not that great. It was 20 min before we even spoke with our server.I would recommend this to a friend.