3000 the Canyons Resort Dr
Park City, UT 84098Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wgparkcity.com/resort.asp
- Phone: 4356552260x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesday-Saturday from 5:30pm - 9pm
Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nick Lees, CEC
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Edge Steakhouse
Take your fine dining experience over the Edge, more than just a traditional steakhouse, each item at Edge is a creative masterpiece. Where Las Vegas meets the mountains and gourmet fine dining meets a steakhouse, Edge Steakhouse truly delivers a 5-Star experience. Winner of the 2013 Best Overall Dining Establishment, Best of State® Steakhouse and Fine Dining Chef, Edge uses only Prime Aged or Wagyu Beef and every indulgent dish is a star. Fresh seafood is flown in daily and pop-overs are steaming at each table. Edge... experience the new wave of Fine Dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Edge Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Edge Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (26)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (17)good for groups (5)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- The highlight of the nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013The highlight of the night handsdown was our server Chris, he made the evening! The special menu for the night was a big hit with all of our guests as well as the bottle of wine we choose. Overall the next time we are in Park City we will be back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal-service needs workstevegDined on 12/29/2013Edge came highly recommended by many people who have stayed and dined in Park City. The meal was excellent, Steaks for the family were cooked perfectly- Lobster Risotto was outstanding. Service was fair at best- while the waiter acknowledged our patients by taking bottled water charges off the bill- it was clear there was not enough staff to attend guest as needed. We barely saw our waiter and when he came at the end of our meal, he assumed we wanted the check vs. asking if we wanted dessert. Nice enough staff but for the prices you are paying- even in a resort area, service needs to be better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT foodTotallysatisfiedDined on 12/29/2013Went with my son for my birthday while staying at the Canyons for a ski trip. All the food and service was great and recommended. We shared a chopped salad, 14 oz strip with jumbo king crab and lobster risotto. The truffles for desert was a bonus. Expensive but worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve dinnerBday24VIPDined on 12/24/2013We had a very nice time, from the gentleman who greeted us and took our coats, to the tableside salad maker to the manager from Maine, we had a really nice time. The restaurant is very nice inside, the staff very attentive and a very busy place. Food was good, though a little tepid, and the only item I would tell everyone to stay away from is the onion soup. It was awful. But everything else about the place made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Meal Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013Our family ate here Christmas Eve and truly enjoyed the food. The service was uneven. Sometimes very attentive and sometimes we did not get water for a long time even after we asked. The dinner was also VERY expensive. While the food was great, not sure it was worth the price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for my birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2013We went for my birthday dinner when we were staying at The Canyons on a family ski trip. Dinner was excellent but our waiter was not the best. My husband and daughter were sharing a ceasar salad and he brought 3 plates and tried to serve me salad. I ordered an appetizer for myself and he put it in the middle of the table and said he would bring forks and plates to share, we never indicated we were sharing the appetizer. Overall the food was excellent but the service left a bit to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exhausting dinnerAndreDined on 12/23/2013The last time we dined here we enjoyed it, so we came back. But this time the service we received was terrible. Our server (Chris?) did a terrible job. We had to wait 30 minutes to place our order, and then another 15 to get our drinks and some bread. Finally after 1 hr we got our appetizers, but had to ask for cutlery because there wasn't any on the table. When our main course came we again had to ask for cutlery. Anything we requested took forever to arrive and required a second reminder. In the end one of the other servers came over and started to serve us. I guess she saw how bad it was. The food itself was very good, but when you have to work that hard to get through a meal, you can't really enjoy it. I'm not sure if we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and FoodSteveDined on 12/13/2013My wife and I had dinner here while staying at the Hyatt next door. We both thought it was one of our top meals of all time. The service was amazing from everyone at the restaurant. The menu is a little on the pricey side but the quality of the food was exceptional. We also found the wine list to be very reasonably prices. We would definitely go back here again next time we are at the Canyons, and recommend it to anyone else. My wife said the foie gras appetizer on brioche french toast was the best foie gras she's had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matt, our waiter was betterV123VIPDined on 12/10/2013Matt, our waiter was better than most waiters; in that he was knowledgable about his wines and food pairings. One of the few waiters who actually opens a wine bottle properly. Enjoyed the filet mignon. It was delicious and one of the better steak preparations of medium rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a bit offstarantVIPDined on 12/7/2013I thought it was a bit strange to ask about dessert while I was still eating my entree. I was told that a soufflé would take extra time if I wanted it so she was just checking. I didn't want the soufflé but then when I finished my entrée she came over with a bill for dinner and never presented the dessert menu. Very odd. Service was a bit fawning otherwise, but that describes most of the rest of the resort. They've got customer service down well, a bit too well and it comes across as being not genuine. Great meal. Overall good service. Nice location. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, even for that special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013Had an average dinner good steak but It came out totally rare and had to take back! Would choose butchers and some other local steakhouses Over the edge
- Dreamy steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2013Everything was fabulous! Some of the best Wagyu we've had. The cold water lobster tail is a must - a very generous size for the the price, and extremely tasty too. Our server was great... Chris. Extremely professional and knowledgeable. And Gordon the maitre d' was so friendly and welcoming... made us feel like family. All in all a wonderful way to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs Up!sunsetloverDined on 10/25/2013I give Edge two thumbs up! Our dinners there were most enjoyable. Wonderful food and excellent service made for memorable dining experiences. We'd certainly go back when next in Park City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-week dinnerKlusDined on 10/22/2013Food was wonderful except elk was very rare, not medium as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSteakloverVIPDined on 10/11/2013A great experience from starter to finish. Warmly greeted and treated to excellent service by server Jennifer and her assistants Chris and Melissa. From our cocktails, a Prickly Pear Martini, the surprise amusee bouche of a mini pork belly taco, homemade fresh out of the oven popovers, starters of lobster bisque and French onion soup, entrees of petit filet mignons w/bernaise and peppercorn sauce, creamed corn and mashed potato trio to the just enough mini lemon dessert, everything was delicious! The maitre d' and the manager each visited our table to welcome us and ensure all was good. I recommend highly and would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2013We decided to try Edge after seeing it was voted Park City's best steakhouse this year and it lived up to the award for us. Everything we had was delicious. The service was great. Makena, Chris, and Gordon were all exceptional. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2013Our dinner at Edge Steakhouse was top notch. The service impeccable the staff friendly and most accommodating. I highly recommend dining at Edge for both special occasions or when you just want a night out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place, but ExpensiveLaurenBDined on 9/21/2013Great steak, but Porcupine at the base of the Cottonwood canyons has a steak that's equally as fantastic for half the cost. Good place if you have the money to spend.Special Features:
- Not terrible, but certainlyJohnVIPDined on 9/10/2013Not terrible, but certainly not up to the tag of a "fine steakhouse". Maybe better in the winter season, but don't waist your money going here in the off season.
- This restaurant is one ofButtonsVIPDined on 9/3/2013This restaurant is one of the worst restaurants I ever ate in! While the steak that one of our guests had was pretty god(not great) everything else we orded was with the exception of a chopped salad was at best fair, and for the most part poor.
- 50% meat successbigdogDined on 8/30/2013My husband and I went to Edge in search of a good steak. I found one, having ordered the 6 oz. filet. It was lean and cooked to perfection. My husband, though, ordered the NY strip and it was very fatty; he had to send it back to be cooked some more, even though he prefers his meat cooked MR. The creamed spinach and pomme frites sides were good, but the latter was too big for two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakhouseDudsDined on 8/17/2013One of the best steakhouses I have ever eaten in . Excellent food service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFlatbokeDined on 8/15/2013Went for our anniversary the food was out of the world, service was kind, friendly and attentive to our needs and requests. We eat GF and it was nice to have our diet accommodated with a wide variety of options. Whole experience: Simply Amazing!!!:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvementSeafoodDined on 8/12/2013We were visiting area in Summer which might have explained a shortage of staff at the restaurant. First of all, our server was nice and courteous. We ordered their onion soup, which was sour to taste for 3 people who ordered. Next time they should send their chef to Panera Bread to learn how to cook onion soup. For the main dish, we had a mixed reviews. My lamb chops were delicious, but came in already cold. My wife's duck was undercooked, maybe because she wasn't asked if she wanted it done certain way, but rubbery (cannot confirm personally). My daughter's crab cakes were outstanding. Unfortunately, the wait time for the food longer for some reason. I wouldn't mind giving this place a try In the winter, but would use "Draft" now.Special Features:
- I can't find the proper wordsgolfergirlVIPDined on 8/9/2013I can't find the proper words to describe the dinner at Edge, fabulous, remarkable and unforgettable would only be a few. The dining room runs so smoothly it's like a seasoned orchestra where everyone doing their job with ease. The wagyu steak was a first for me and has spoiled me for life. Although not an inexpensive meal it should be experienced by those that can. I hope the level of excellence stays this way. Popovers and veal chop was also outstanding, but I think the steak was the winner.Special Features:
- Edge restaurant experiencefooderinoDined on 8/3/2013The service and atmosphere of this restaurant were exemplary. They did seem to be having a rough night in the kitchen as the risotto was cold (not even luke warm) and they ran out of 2 things that we wanted to order. I would recommend the restaurant overall because the food was very well prepared and inventive, the service was friendly,the atmosphere and decor was warm and interesting and the hospitality was warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2013First of all the Appetizer portions are quite generous; we had the Shrimp and it was delicious if a bit much for two people. The Steaks were fair and while temperature was accurate, the quality purported "prime and aged" on the menu compared to the taste and texture, were not spot on. Mashed Potato side dishes were lukewarm, stiff and not at all fresh. Snap Peas side dish was tasty but sadly still burdened with it's tough inedible string. Greater care is needed in the Kitchen and a more watchful eye from the sous chef would not go amiss. I am critical in general of the uneven food experience due to the moderately high price point. Wine list was extensive. Waitstaff is attentive and eager but slow in the uptake and delivery.Special Features:
- Best restaurant at Canyons ResortOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2013We went there for cocktails and appetizers one night, then a sit down dinner the next night, and we are going for dinner again tonight. There is a reason that Tripadvisor rates the Edge the #1 restaurant in Park City. The crab cakes, king crab appetizer, onion soup and filet were excellent. The cheese platter appetizer is for 4 people, not 2, LOL, it ended up being dinner for 2 at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above the restVmartinussiDined on 7/14/2013The Edge is definetly above all the others. It compares to great restaurants in major cities. Our choices were prepared with care and were so tasty. Even a simple Ceasar Salad is not simple in this restaurant, it is mixed with love and the server explains every detail while she prepares it by your table.Special Features:
- Great location and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013The location and service is fabulous!!!! The food was not up to par!!!! My son's lobster bisque was good, and the pop overs and appetizer were good, but the seabass special was overdone, and not flavorful. The service was excellent, and the decor is above average for a high end restaurant! Great waitress!!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiencekairbearDined on 7/12/2013Our entire evening was relaxing and enjoyable at The Edge. We experienced amazing appetizers, salads and entrees that delighted and surprised our senses. The staff was attentive, courteous and not overbearing. We took our time and enjoyed! Highly recommend The Edge Steakhouse....way more than a steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatluvdiningoutDined on 7/2/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and will recommend it to our friends. Keep up the great work. The steaks were tender and succulent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beyond our expectationsfabpcDined on 6/22/2013from the moment we entered we knew we were to have a wonderful experience at the edge. the staff welcoming/caring. the food sublime. from the first to the last bite our experience was glorious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The edge is off the edgeHiker66Dined on 6/8/2013The food was excellent , most of the service providers very very good. Our specific server once he found out we had two for one coupon was very distant and unattentive. He ruined what would have been a great experience. We left a tip based in the full amount not the discounted one. He did make a very good Caesar salad.Special Features:
- Phenomenal in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2013All aspects of our experience were just incredible-delicious prime steaks, service that is second to none, and ambience that can't be matched. We will definitely return to this park city gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HouselovegreatfoodDined on 5/31/2013I have looked for a great steak house in Park City and really could never find one, until now. We were celebrating our anniversary and had received a recommendation to try the Edge. Sure glad that we did. Everything from the soup to the bone-in filet and salmon was cooked perfectly. I can see why this was rated best in state for 2013! Highly recommend the Edge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak-to-savorvon13Dined on 5/30/2013Kobe beef is delicious. Sides are great. Last visit was disappointing because steak was not cooked as requested. Waiter had kitchen correct the error. Decor is different and very nice. The parking area needs to be paved --- this can be a problem with inclement weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceLovetoeatVIPDined on 5/20/2013Everything was great! The food and service was perfect! We have can't wait to go back! Better than any New York steakhouse.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in... ever!omihekDined on 5/15/2013This restaurant is amazing! They answered any questions we had about the dishes or the restaurant. They built our salad right in front of us with natural, healthy ingredients. They came by a few times just to make sure the food was good and we didn't need anything else. They gave us free dessert because it was our anniversary. When they packed up our food after we were done, they gave us even more food because it was near the end of the day. All the staff that passed us were very kind and would make sure we were enjoying our food. And the food itself was delicious. Best salmon I ever had and best crab I ever had. My wife's buffalo ribs were very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management caused poor serviceGoBlueFanVIPDined on 5/11/2013We were seated in the corner behind an imposing stone wall. Restaurant was half full, but staff was visibly stressed because a server had been pulled to fill in for the missing bartender. Only had 80 minutes to dine, so we skipped the starter. Took 25 minutes to place our order, and another 50 minutes for our dinners to arrive (minus the side dish that the kitchen hadn't prepare). Salmon and short ribs were great, although it was difficult to eat the ribs served in the huge stew pot. Asked to take salmon home that I didn't have time to eat, but they couldn't find it, so they gave me a plain piece of fish in its place. To be fair, our server was professional, but there's only so much staff can do when management hasn't properly staffed.