3000 the Canyons Resort Dr
Park City, UT 84098Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wgparkcity.com/resort.asp
- Phone: 4356552260x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesday-Saturday from 5:30pm - 9pm
Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nick Lees, CEC
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Edge Steakhouse
Take your fine dining experience over the Edge, more than just a traditional steakhouse, each item at Edge is a creative masterpiece. Where Las Vegas meets the mountains and gourmet fine dining meets a steakhouse, Edge Steakhouse truly delivers a 5-Star experience. Winner of the 2013 Best Overall Dining Establishment, Best of State® Steakhouse and Fine Dining Chef, Edge uses only Prime Aged or Wagyu Beef and every indulgent dish is a star. Fresh seafood is flown in daily and pop-overs are steaming at each table. Edge... experience the new wave of Fine Dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Edge Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Edge Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (27)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (19)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best ribeye everBosscoDined on 2/27/2014Expensive. Very expensive, but I couldn't complain since it was the very best steak I've ever had. Believe me, that's saying alot from foodie that I am. Engaging staff was excellent with balanced attentiveness. The ahi tartar was only disappointment due to lack of actual ahi - more of a celebration of avocado & onion (?) than anything else. Good flavors but needed 3x the ahi to deserve the name & price. Also recommend crab cakes, Ceasars salad & chocolate souffle. Wine list is decent for Utah but hefty markups & not comparable to good California restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Service and Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2014We had dinner there a few nights ago prior to a concert. We were seated in a cozy booth, but very near a speaker. Although the music volume was reduced once, it was still louder than I prefer. The service here is superb. Every effort is made to explain food and drink choices, and to cater to one's needs. We tried a cheese platter, which is an uncommon offering for an American restaurant. The cheese was excellent. My husband had a 14 oz. strip steak and I had salmon. Both meals were well-prepared, and he ordered a side of mashed potatoes that came as 3 types of mashed potatoes: garlic, cheese, and Wasabi (enough for 2) . He loved the garlic mashed (but he loves garlic all the time). Wines were good, not great. We'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stapling effectBad2duhboneDined on 2/25/2014Served pop overs that did not rise. Waiter said "yeh, they never come out consistently". Ordered elk tenderloin med rare. It came out well, to be kind. Actually, it was nuked. Waiter said, "yeh, I saw it was too overdone?" 2nd time, rare. Wife ordered veal chop. she bit into a small bone, it turned out to be a staple. The kind from Office Depot. It is so odd because last year when we dined there, it was one of the best dining experiences ever. That is saying a lot. We dine out often and have two sons who are executive chefs in fine dining restaurants. There is no excuse for allowing anything to come out of that kitchen other than perfect. Everyone apologized, the manager, sous chef, waiter. Offered complementary meal.Special Features:
- 5 StarPatrickDined on 2/21/2014Excellent service, ambiance, and food. My favorite of Park City and definitely on my top 5 world wide. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedjeanneDined on 2/20/2014We had a dining reservation and still had to wait as there were problems in the kitchen. Finally seated our waitress was great. We have had her before, but the kitchen was way backed up and extremely slow. It took at least two-and-a half hours to receive the main course---not good!!!!! The host as well as the waitress kept apologizing for the delay to us and other diners. We will return only when the problems are fixed.
- wonderful food, very slowbill38Dined on 2/19/2014It took 90 minutes for our entrees to arrive. They were wonderful, but then we were nearly starved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to par ...ServiceDined on 2/18/2014We had reservations & waited 45 minutes.The host seemed inexperienced & didn't know how to "move" tables. Once finally seated, instead of taking the initiative to set us up with a comped "something" to make up for the long wait, he asked "we" should do that.The food was OK but again, took long and drinks took even longer plus wine was spilled on one of us.Each time we placed a drink order, at least 15 minutes went by.Our wine arrived after our food. Bread arrived AFTER the meal.Our waiter; however, I have to say was terrific.He made the best of the situation & made us feel he really cared. He handled it like a pro and thanks to him, some of the evening was salvaged.Two tables around us also complained about their wait, service and food.
- Skip Edge Steakhouse with KidsHolderADDined on 2/16/2014My husband and I were fairly disappointed with Edge Steakhouse. We were on vacation and staying at the Westgate Resort. The staff were overwhelmed with full tables, and the waiters were in disaster mode. If you add that atmosphere with the fact my well behaved 6 and 8 year old were at the table with us, you can probably understand that the staff paid us little attention and focused on the larger tables full of adults. The food was good but took so long to arrive to the table that I had lost my appetite and was more interested in returning to my room. Overall, I would say skip this restaurant if you are looking for a quiet evening with your spouse or dinner with your kids. This restaurant caters to parties of six or more.Special Features:
- Amazing SteaksSteakAholicDined on 2/16/2014I loved the upscale decor. Our table location was in a prime location. The wine list was superb. The Wagyu Steaks were amazing. Our Waiter was personable. He had a lot of experience and the service was impeccable. We would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outRazorducksDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I went to the Edge for dinner with another couple while we were all in town for a vacation. We had reservations, and were seated promptly. Service was excellent, and the food was wonderful. The ambience was fun and different. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, but it did seem to be worth the price when you consider the quality of the food, service, and overall experience. We are likely to return if we find ourselves in Park City again!Special Features:
- Canyons Park City Steak HouseDesertPeopleVIPDined on 2/15/2014It really is the best restaurant at the Canyons Resort. Make sure to book ahead before your travels as there are only 3-4 good restaurants at the resort and this one will fill up and rightfully so. Have been there many times on my yearly trips to Park City from AZ. Get a sitter and have a nice meal....remember your on vacation so enjoy it!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Canyons ResortLudariDined on 2/13/2014Great food, large portions, great service. Waitress addressesd us by name when she came to the table, very helpful and friendly. Pricey, but worth it for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014We had very high expectations when we first walked in but to be honest even though we started the evening with being waited on right away, the service ended up being extremely slow from getting our first glass of wine to having our meal. We ended up not ordering dessert because it would take too long. While we felt so patrons were "waited" on with much attention others seemed to be pushed aside for no apparent reason. The food was good but extremely "Salty" and somewhat over priced. We come from the DC area where some of the finer restaurants exists so we may have had high expectations for the price.Special Features:
- First time in Park CityBailey114VIPDined on 2/12/2014Steps away from Sundial, Edge delivered a tasty (and very filling) meal. While the popovers are delicious, try to only have a bite as the rest of the meal is fulfilling. We had the chopped salad (good - I'd prefer almonds over candied pecans, personally) and pork belly Benedict (delicious! Very rich) to start. Before we got our apps, we were brought sorbet as the kitchen was running behind. It took roughly 15-20 mins to get our apps. We both had steaks (gold rib eye and a filet), which were both delicious, and the Brussels sprout side. Wine list is good and the mini desserts is a good idea considering how full you are after your main. I recommend asking for a booth table.Special Features:
- The restaurant had decentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2014The restaurant had decent food and service that got better throughout the meal, however, it took quite a long time for anyone to come over when we first were sat. However, it is completely overrated for the price. I would NEVER pay that much for this restaurant again or recommend to anyone I know going to Park City.
- Not a good value choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2014Food was just ok. Much better Steak houses in Park City at a better value for your money.
- Ups and DownsDemiDined on 2/11/2014We had a great meal but found the service lacking. Our waitress had another large table and although it appeared she was trying to be attentive the support staff seemed to totally ignore us. Our specialty cocktails were too syrupy: we opted for straight vodka at our next seating...the wine choices adequate. Loved the truffle fries and my scallop appetizer. Would return for another try but ask for a boothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2014What a great experience. The food was terrific (as usual!) and the service was fantastic. Makena made our experience so enjoyable. I can't wait for my next visit to Park City just to dine there again. NO better steak anywhere!!!Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in UtahRrenDined on 2/7/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary after reading so many positive reviews. I have eaten at the top steakhouse across the country for my work. This place ranks right up there with the best of them. Excellent atmosphere, service, and food. Don't miss the filet mignon, chopped salad, and truffle Mac and cheese. All three were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- but very priceyJdjnjDined on 2/7/2014Classic steak house- Near perfect service, delicious food, but be ready to drop $60/pp w/o drinks. Worth it though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible experienceJacqueVIPDined on 2/6/2014I booked this reservation for my husbands birthday. They called to confirm twice and I confirmed. we showed up 5 minutes early and our table wasn't ready. they asked us to wait at the bar but there was no where to stand. there were 3 other parties also waiting in the lobby so there was really no where to stand there either. We left and went for a walk around the square and were told about a restaurant up the hill at the Hyatt - highly recommended. We went back to the Edge and were rudely treated. Then, we were told that we had to wait another 30 minutes. really? this is for a reservation that they hounded me about to be on time. There was no where to wait. We went to the Hyatt and had an amazing meal. Never will return to this restaurant.
- Not goodRedBlurrVIPDined on 2/5/2014Service was horrible. Our server, the chef and the manager were all focused on a VIP table that was sitting near us. We were completely neglected. The steak was good, but everything else was horrible including a way too much oil Caesar salad and the mushroom gratin that was ice cold and the cheese and bread crumbs on it were completely raw and unmelted. Almost like they forgot to broil it before serving. Another table was frustrated with the same issues. Final thing that was crazy is we had to walk 10 min through the hotel to get there. After dinner it was 5 degrees and the hotel was completely locked so we had to walk completely around the back and the side of the hotel in the snow. Decor is nice but WAY too bright.
- a special AtmosphereRiverzenDined on 2/3/2014We loved this place and its ambiance. The service was excellent and we loved the food. My wife had the scollops and I had the Elk duo. Both were wonderful. We returned later in the week for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and greatWestChesterHouseConcertsVIPDined on 1/29/2014Incredible food and great service but comes with a high price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overly priced.LoriDined on 1/29/2014Food and service were 5-star but too pricey for something besides a VERY SPECIAL OCCASION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKLydiaDined on 1/25/2014The good: Excellent service. Pretty space. Good wine list. Bison ribs excellent. Buttery soft filet. Chef stopping by to visit. The bad: Overall food was good but not great. Sides were bland and uninspired. Everything came warm, almost cold. For the high price and way they describe themselves I expected food to be more original and tasty. A huge distracting tv in the bar inappropriate in a supposed "fine dining" restaurant. Overall an OK steak house but does not justify the price.Special Features:
- Edge has the edge in Park City.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014We had the best steak we could have hoped for. Liked it much more than the J&G Grill at the St. Regis . Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Multiple visits in a weekCharlesDined on 1/24/2014This is a great restaurant. Located in the Canyons Resort so easy access if you're staying here and away from the traffic of Main Street if you're looking for a good alternative. Primarily a steakhouse, but has excellent alternative (see ahi tuna main dish). We visited Edge 3 times in 8 nights. Solid wine list, great food and great service. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edge at Canyons Ski AreaSkididdyDined on 1/23/2014Good food nicely presented fractured service a little pricey. Worthy for another visit.Special Features:
- A pleasant nighttallygirlDined on 1/19/2014Food was excellent, the service less so but perhaps Sundance exhausted the waiter. Unless you are a guest of the hotel expect a trek through the unpaved parking lot which is poorly lit and icy in January.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service and steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We were greeted at the door with an enjoyable gentleman that took our coats and had us laughing and in a great mood for dinner. The server just added to the wonderful experience with a great sense of humor and wonderful personality. We will definitely return to Edge next time we're in town, and highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!BeachbumDined on 1/17/2014This was our second visit to Edge! The first time was great but the second visit was an amazing experience! Ron was an excellent waiter and the food was awesome! You don't have to dress in your warmest clothes as the restaurant is a little warm even on a very cold night. A little pricy but we felt we got what we paid for. Would definitely recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night in The CanyonsVivanolaVIPDined on 1/11/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the dining experience at Edge. It is a Gem for Utah dining. Excellent service, food and atmosphere. From salad to desert, the dishes were inviting and the flavors, appearance and aromas were on spot. Lots of choice for Steak in Park City and Salt Lake City. I consider Edge as the clear front runner in Steakhouse Restaurants. It's clear why Edge won best in State. Thank you for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignored and unimpressed!CanyonsOwnersDined on 1/10/2014After a fair table side Caesar salad, we were ignored for over an hour waiting for our entrees while our server, the management and chef gave special attention to other tables. We attempted to get our waiter's attention to no avail. We finally got the attention of another server. Once our meals finally arrived and the staff and management realized how poorly we were treated they interrupted us three times to apologize. They admitted that we were passed over. In their rush to correct their mistake our food quality was at best fair. In their guilt they offered us a free dessert which we declined. If you want a great meal with excellent service in the Canyons, go to either the Farm or EPC!
- Amazing 5 Star RestaurantKimberlyDined on 1/10/2014The food was amazing. I dine throughout for work and have been to many steak restaurants. This place was put to the top of my list. I was there with a group for the Olympic Event and dined with customers. We had the seafood tower and steak and elk for dinner. We had come good cocktails and wine. The wine list was great as well. I would highly recommend and go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected moreaudia6tqDined on 1/9/2014We were underwhelmed with the food. My Wagu beef filet was flavorful but tough. The salmon was just ok. Service was good. Overall not worth the price.Special Features:
- I would have given Edge SteakhouseshooperDined on 1/4/2014I would have given Edge Steakhouse 5 stars except I have one complaint...I ordered the wedge salad and although it was beautiful the salad dressing tasted as though it was poured from the Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing bottle. I expected the ranch dressing to be homemade and fresh. I can honestly say that was my only disappointment. The meal, desserts, service, and ambience was incredible. Ruth Chris Steakhouse has a BIG competitor now with Edge Steakhouse in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steak, sides, and serviceJlynn41Dined on 1/1/2014Even with the holiday rush, everything was impeccably timed and cooked, and our server was great about checking in without hovering. I highly recommend the caesar salad and the mac and cheese. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the steaks, or the lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The highlight of the nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013The highlight of the night handsdown was our server Chris, he made the evening! The special menu for the night was a big hit with all of our guests as well as the bottle of wine we choose. Overall the next time we are in Park City we will be back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal-service needs workstevegDined on 12/29/2013Edge came highly recommended by many people who have stayed and dined in Park City. The meal was excellent, Steaks for the family were cooked perfectly- Lobster Risotto was outstanding. Service was fair at best- while the waiter acknowledged our patients by taking bottled water charges off the bill- it was clear there was not enough staff to attend guest as needed. We barely saw our waiter and when he came at the end of our meal, he assumed we wanted the check vs. asking if we wanted dessert. Nice enough staff but for the prices you are paying- even in a resort area, service needs to be better.I would recommend this to a friend.