The Red Lion Inn
30 Main St
Stockbridge, MA 01262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Red Lion Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.redlioninn.com/
- Phone: 4132985545x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Please note: The Main Dining Room is open daily for breakfast year-round. We serve lunch and dinner daily from mid-April through December. On Mondays and Tuesdays from January through mid-April, lunch and dinner are available in our Tavern only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian J. Alberg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: According to tradition, some of the Inn's first guests were colonial Yankees who met here in 1773 to defy King George III-with revolutionary results. Today, our fully equipped meeting rooms continue to provide quiet, distraction-free settings and modern amenities for companies, associations and non-profit groups with their own important agendas. Paired with exceptional service, renowned dining, and convenient access from the Northeast's major metropolitan areas, The Red Lion Inn offers an exceptional and refreshing choice for meetings, conferences and retreats.
- Private Party Facilities: For generations, The Red Lion Inn has helped families celebrate weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, and other special occasions with great food, exceptional service, and warm New England hospitality. Whether your event is a party for eight or a banquet for eighty, we'll be happy to help you choose a location and plan the perfect event-with menus to accommodate every style and circumstance. Contact us at the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Red Lion Inn Sales Department 4132981604x
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment nightly in the Lion's Den pub, year-round and never a cover charge!
- Special Events: Celebrate your special event with great food, exceptional service and value, and warm New England hospitality. We'll be happy to help you plan the perfect event for 8 to 80 that will accommodate every style and circumstance. Contact us at (413) 298-1604.
- Cross Street: Route 7 & 102
- Public Transit: Several bus lines get folks to the Berkshires -- Peter Pan and its affiliates stop across the street from the Red Lion. There is public transportation in the Berkshires through the Berkshire Regional Transit Authority.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: There is ample parking behind the Inn, but guests may also park out front (no overnight parking on Main Street in the winter!).
A word from The Red Lion Inn
Since welcoming its first guests in 1773, The Red Lion Inn has earned a reputation for outstanding food and genuine country hospitality. Those traditions are continued today by Executive Chef Brian J. Alberg, whose kitchen features contemporary cuisine that is rooted in the region's history and harvests. Emphasizing the use of fresh, local ingredients and a huge proponent of buying locally and sustaining the region, Chef Alberg regularly updates the Inn's menus to reflect the bounty of each season. Guests choose from the elegant Main Dining Room, the cozy Widow Bingham's Tavern, the casual Lion's Den pub, or, in warmer months, the flower-filled Courtyard. The wine list offers 450+ selections, and has received the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for ten consecutive years; Sommelier Dan Thomas helps pair wines with meals. *The Inn accepts reservations for the Main Dining Room only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Red Lion Inn - Best Restaurants in Stockbridge ›
The Red Lion Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (35)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (26)good for groups (22)great for brunch (20)great for outdoor dining (18)scenic view (13)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- I enjoyed both dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2009I enjoyed both dinner and breakfast at the Red Lion Inn. The dinner menu is superb, relying as it does on local ingredients. I often judge a chef by what s/he can do with a chicken, and my entree was superior -- tasty, complex, beautifully matched with starch and vegetables. I was eager to try the sustainable menu for breakfast and really loved the locally made sausage. The ambiance is very calm and luxurious. One feels well taken care of and just not constantly intruded upon. The wait staff is terrific -- friendly but not unctuous; helpful without being overbearing. Altogether a fine experience and well recommended.Special Features:
- Very reliable average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2009Very reliable average food rating, nothing bad, nothing special, we've been visiting every year since 1976 , some years the quality was very good, overall, this time from the food to the 'remodeled' room without heat seems like the elderly Fitzpatricks have stepped back from day to day operations. Makes us think it's time to try other area inns in the Berkshires.Special Features:
- For me and my family, theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2009For me and my family, the Red Lion Inn remains one of our favorite places. Again, on this Mother's Day it was a pleasurable experience. The food and presentation were exceptional, and the Main Dining Room always captures that old New England ambiance. It is a place where you can feel comfortable, as if you are in your own home dining with family.Special Features:
- The red Lion Inn is a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2009The red Lion Inn is a very good restaurant with excellent service and food. The dining room is quite attractive and the staff makes you feel at home and are very professional and helpful.
- This was our first time dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/15/2009This was our first time dinning here. It was a very good experience all around. We were a bit early for our reservation so we had a rink at the Lion's Den. The bartender was cordial and we had good conversation about the Red Sox (the game was on and they won)! When we did go upstairs to have dinner we decided on the cheese plate for starters and I would recomend it highly. Very delecious! We had a glass of prosecco with it and it paired nicely. The dinner was leisurly and the ambience was just perfect as well as our waitress. All in all it was a lovely evening to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:
- After a wonderful visit toJoanVIPDined on 4/8/2009After a wonderful visit to the Norman Rockwell Museum we headed to nearby Red Lion Inn. Lunch in the Tavern was very good. We were very pleased with the service and the atmosphere. It was an old-fashioned environment and a lovely way to spend the day.Special Features:
- Excellent service and everyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2009Excellent service and every part of the meal was beautifully presented and delicious. We hoped for a romantic getaway evening and Red Lion certainly set the scene and tone of the evening! I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- We had a great time. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2009We had a great time. Service was excellent and the building is amazing. The food at dinner was a little bland. Breakfast was far better.Special Features:
- This is an all time favorite,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2009This is an all time favorite, comfortable atmosphere, excellent service,food that never disappoints, so when my husband and I want to escape to the Berkshires we head to the Red Lion Inn.
- Can't say enough good thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2009Can't say enough good things about this place. Its worth the tripSpecial Features:
- It was great - service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2009It was great - service was great, very warm and attentve. We enjoy a relaxed atmosphere, our server was good natured and fun. Food quantity and quality was excellent. Thanks, we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- We dined at the Red Lion InnOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2009We dined at the Red Lion Inn on Valentine's Day. We had heard great things, but overall our experience was pretty marginal. We felt very rushed through our meal, presumably because they wanted to turn the table over for another V-Day couple. Our entrees were delivered before we had finished our clam chowder (about 18 minutes after we had sat down), and then several used dishes and glasses sat on the table throughout the meal. While we ate dessert our check was deposited on the table with the assurance that there was "no rush." While I enjoyed my clam chowder I thought the tilapia dish I had was rather flavorless. My husband enjoyed the chicken breast. Worst of all? Several large groups of children were RUNNING through the restaurant
- This quaint little inn wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2009This quaint little inn was perfect for a get away from the stress of the city. Our dinner was wonderful. My wife and I had a seat in nice and cozy spot by the window.Special Features:
- This isn't the first, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/6/2009This isn't the first, and certainly is not the last time i will dine at the Red Lion. this time we only ate in the main dining room, however both restaurants, and the Lion's Den have great food, and will often allow you to order off each others menu's. the food was slightly below what it usually is, but was still certainly well above average. The dining room was set up nicely, and the service was fairly good. overall, 4.5 stars.Special Features:
- Always excellent atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2009Always excellent atmosphere and food. We'd skip the new pineapple dessert (not as good as anticipated...); but, everything else was great, esp. the wait staff!Special Features:
- our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/9/2009our dining experience was fabulous. the red lion inn is a special place for many reasons. the servers were knowledgeable and polite and the food was great. for my husband who likes his food, his comment was that this was one of the best meals that he has ever had. trust me, that says alot:)
- It's in a historic New EnglandOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2009It's in a historic New England Inn setting...My 90 year old mother from California thought she had gone back in time...It's the best place to take someone traveling for the New England experience...Good food,Great setting, reasonable service all in all a great venue...Special Features:
- The dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2009The dining experience was all that I anticipated and more! Your reservation service made it all the more "stress-less", and the weather(always iffy in the Berkshires) cooperated nicely. Will definitely contact you again. Thanks!Special Features:
- This is by no means our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/2/2009This is by no means our first time dining at the Red Lion Main Dining Room. We are repeat customers for a reason. The staff wished us a happy anniversary (I mentioned it to the hotel reservation desk when arranging to stay at the inn. The service is 5 star and the food is is presented as would be expected under a well seasoned executive chef and more so and to our delight, the food is exquisite. We ordered the NY Strip Steak and the Red Lion delivered. I highly recommend this wonderful and romantic dining location for it's ambience and delicious fare. Be sure to get a reservation ahead of time. There's usually full house.Special Features:
- The Red Lion Inn is trulyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2008The Red Lion Inn is truly the "heart" of Stockbridge. It's authentic New England at its best, with quality food, great service, atmosphere...the best of traditional hospitality.Special Features:
- An outstanding dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2008An outstanding dinning experience during the holiday season.Special Features:
- I just returned from my stayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/2008I just returned from my stay at the Red Lion. I can't begin to express what a wonderful experience we had from start to finish. We ate in the formal dining room our first evening and were greeted by a remarkably friendly staff. Despite being incredibly busy everyone from the hostess to the waitstaff (both upstairs and down in the Den)was gracious, friendly and sincere. The duck was delicious and the flavors worked well together. Our second evening was in the Tavern . The menu was appropriate and adequite for all in our party. I found the food to be fresh, well prepared and well presented-the Ale soup was wonderful. I found the Mac and cheese too rich. The atmosphere in the Formal dining room was warm and relaxing. Love the Tavern space!Special Features:
- We had a fantastic time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2008We had a fantastic time at the restaurant. The service was wonderful, the setting was fabulous, and the food was very good, as were the portions. They didn't rush you out, we were there for 2 1/2 hours. The piano player was great and played a variety of selections. It was a great evening!Special Features:
- The service and food was outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/25/2008The service and food was outstanding. For the quality of food and presentation the cost was a great value. I had the best seafood in years, and I grew up in the Boston area. The dinning room made me feel that I was a guest in someone's home in the 1800's.Special Features:
- The Red Lion Inn is an historicalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2008The Red Lion Inn is an historical classic inn where we feel relaxed. Our meals were even better this trip, so much so that we raved about them to a person.Special Features:
- Four of us had a very enjoyableLarryDined on 11/22/2008Four of us had a very enjoyable and unhurried meal in a large well appointed dining room. The service was excellent and the waitress knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Dinner at the Red Lion wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2008Dinner at the Red Lion was very good, from the atmosphere to the food to the excellent service. I would of course recommend the Red Lion to anyone. Dinner was the bright spot in spite of rain all weekend topped off with a tornado warning.Special Features:
- The thing to order is theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008The thing to order is the Turkey and Apple Pie. I ordered a New York Strip that wasn't wonderful, but the service and ambiance made up for it. Would still recommend.
- The meal was so - so. I couldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2008The meal was so - so. I could have made the samething at home. I didn't see anything special about it. We both had the turkey dinner. The service was very good and the waiter had a personality. He didn't hover around us or ask us if everything was okay ever two minutes.Special Features:
- We've been going to the RedMediatordonDined on 10/20/2008We've been going to the Red Lion Inn for about 30 years and am happy to report that it continues to maintain its excellent food, great service and unbeatable ambiance.
- The ambiance, the service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2008The ambiance, the service, and the dinners were excellent. Thank you for being such a consistently charming and delightful restaurant. The Red Lion Inn is a treasure.Special Features:
- I think that the Red LionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2008I think that the Red Lion Inn has grown complacent and is living off its name and the fact that it is located in a tourist destination. There was nothing about my experience that would cause me to go back to this restaurant; everything was average.
- Food and service ... veryHousy123VIPDined on 10/11/2008Food and service ... very mediocre. Especially for the price.Special Features:
- Fair, but over-rated. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2008Fair, but over-rated. Service was marginal.... I flew in from Boston to try it, and was not overly impressed. Expensive for what was provided.
- Food was good, but not sureluvbbqDined on 10/11/2008Food was good, but not sure it was good enough to spend $120 for two in the formal dining room. If we go back, we are more likely to eat in the downstairs bar/dining area (Red Lion Den). Looked like a more casual,laid-back atmosphere and food prices were reasonable. The hotel itself is beautiful, being built in 1773 and the dining room looked like it retained a lot of its original character.
- This is one of historic diningJamesVIPDined on 9/30/2008This is one of historic dining experiences. It's just one of those things you have to do and not be disappointed.Special Features: