5492 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teikokurestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6106448270
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a formal dinner party, casual get together, corporate luncheon, cocktail reception or wedding, Teikoku's catering can handle all of the particulars to ensure that your next engagement will be truly distinctive and memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: Teikoku Restaurant is designed to accommodate private parties of 10 to 70 or more guests. We offer the flexibility for our guests to have either a family function , business event or an intimate wedding. Our guests can choose from one of our many dining rooms to fit their needs. We also offer off site catering options
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Rinear 6106448270
- Special Events: The restaurant is equipped with the latest technology for any of your party or business requirements. Whatever your needs may be, the staff at Teikoku Restaurant is here to serve you.
A word from Teikoku Restaurant
Teikoku Restaurant offers an exciting array of Asian Contemporary dishes complimented by an excellent sushi bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Teikoku Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Newtown Square ›
Teikoku Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)special occasion (39)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (29)great for outdoor dining (28)great for lunch (16)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food and unique dishesSusanDined on 2/21/2014We enjoyed the lobster fondue, the Peking duck, the Hawaiian butterfish and the seafood drunken.Special Features:
- Would not make a good spotJford79Dined on 2/21/2014Would not make a good spot for a romantic evening out, as the rooms are loud, but the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2014Seems to be a very popular place. Ambiance is really neat, but it could be refreshed/cleaned up, at least on the day we went. Expensive for the area, but food was good.
- Monthly Date NightKateDined on 2/16/2014We (my boyfriend and I) do a monthly date night with my brother and his wife. This past weekend we chose Teikoku, I have been many times but the rest of my party had never been. They all loved everything from the ambience to the food. Our server Annie was spectacular! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small selectionFirstTimeDined on 2/14/2014The sushi selection was smaller than other restaurants I've been to, so I was underwhelmed. It all tasted fine, but wasn't the best I've had. For desert I tried the carmelized cheesecake and it was a bit room temperature; I'm used to my cheesecake being cold. My friend ordered the fried ice cream and it wasn't warm on the outside like I'm used to fried ice cream being. After I told another friend about my experience there, she said, "Yes, it can be very hit or miss", so perhaps I was on a miss night. Also, the waiter said he could split our checks, then came back and said he couldn't and then ultimately mixed up the amount on our cards. This lessened the experience there.Special Features:
- one of my favoritesLLnTTDined on 2/14/2014This is a great find in the suburbs. Center City quality food without the drive and not as expensive. I've never been disappointed with a meal at Teikoku.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night DiningVeggieDined on 2/8/2014We had a 7PM reservation and was seated immediately. The service was a bit slow. It took quite a while for our dinner to arrive. The food was good. We both had dessert. My friend had the creme brûlée and I had the fig ice cream. They had just run out of the green tea gelato. Darn! It's my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Groups!JeffDined on 2/7/2014Always a great place for groups! We had a large table and our waiter took great care of us! Helped with appetizer portions, split the checks perfectly and had a great energetic personality fitting our group perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, my wife and I reallyBenBDined on 2/1/2014Overall, my wife and I really enjoyed ourselves here. The food was great, as were the drinks. Our server had a great personality, but we occasionally had to wait a bit to get anothe er round of drinks. The bread pudding was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicedinersrusVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great variety of Japaneese and Thai food with (5) Sushi chefs on the weekend. Avocado salad is very tasty and enough for two. Red Curry Chicken was very flavorful and rivals authentic Thai restaurants. Fried Rice with crab is also recommended. Great food and service and our table was ready when we arrived on Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/31/2014The food and atmosphere is always consistently great at Teikoku.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Expensive SpotjklmrobinsonDined on 1/25/2014This was our first time to visit Teikuku even though it is within 3 miles of our home. It was extremely expensive. The house wine was $10 per glass! The room was extremely noisy and the tables placed so close together I felt like we were eating with the table next to us, I could hear their conversation. Our server was great, knowledgable and attentive. Our food was excellent. Just dont need to spend $80 on a dinner for 2 we split an appetizer and each had an entre and 1 glass of wine each.Special Features:
- Great Place!!PammyDined on 1/25/2014Food is top notch!! Great atmosphere and the service is excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!LightningLaurDined on 1/24/2014As usual Teikoku didn't disappoint!! Great apps, sushi and main dishes. Stay away from the Thai food. It's ordinary but the other dishes are fantastic.Special Features:
- Saturday night. Very, verywantsitallVIPDined on 1/18/2014Saturday night. Very, very busy. Lots of kids. Delicious food. Great service.Special Features:
- This is one of the betteranonymousVIPDined on 1/12/2014This is one of the better sushi places in the area. The food and service were good. Everything on the menu looked tasty. I guess that's another reason to go back again! The decor was probably my favorite. Huge plus is that it is byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why make a reservation?SampepeDined on 1/10/2014We had a reservation for dinner. We walked in and checked into our reservation. 4 separate parties walked in after us and were seated before us and tbe did not have reservations. That was very disheartening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teikoku is a fine place toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/10/2014Teikoku is a fine place to go if you want a loud, noisy restaurant and are not in a hurry. While it features sushi, there are many other items on the menu to satisfy anyone who does not like sushi or Japanese food. The sushi pieces are on the small size compared to other restaurants in the area but tasty nonetheless. The salads are huge and big enough to split three ways for a starter. The waitstaff is pleasant but not the greatest when it comes to making sure the drink glasses are refilled. If nothing else, I love, love, love their gelato. Hard to pick between the cafe mocha and dark chocolate which one is better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood secretMartinDined on 1/8/2014We have never been disappointed in Teikoku, the food, the service, the Sushi Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSamRiveraDined on 1/6/2014My wife and I took our son there before he went back home to Florida because he likes Thai food. It was our first visit there and we were surprised at how beautiful the place looks. The food was outstanding and we are planning to go back again.Special Features:
- Great sushi in a nice atmospheremikenamyVIPDined on 1/4/2014First visit to Teikoku and really enjoyed it. Started with the lobster dumplings and pork dumplings for appetizers - both of which were very good with a nice thin dough and tasty sauces. For sushi, we shared 4 rolls (California King, Philadelphia, Volcano, and Red Dragon) and all were very good. Teikoku is definitely a nice sushi spot.Special Features:
- ConsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/3/2014We have been going to Teikoku since it opened and have been impressed by the good food, good service. The dishes are well prepared and reliable. If you want the latest food-fad, this is not your place. The salmon tartare is so good that it is hard to try another first course for fear of missing another opportunity to enjoy this dish.The sushi and house rolls are fresh and carefully made.
- We had reservations at 6:30OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013We had reservations at 6:30 two adults for New Years Eve. We were seated immediately but in a loud, high traffic area. The ambience was vibrant, hip and trendy but there were also too many young kids there to really relax. Food and service were fantastic (as always). I recommend going later to avoid the family crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner for New Years EveJeffDined on 12/31/2013Went for an early NYE dinner before we went out and it was excellent. The service was great, the food was served quickly and was excellent, and the overall restaurant is fantastic. If you go, you have to try the Kobe beef hot rock - really unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group diningdianaDined on 12/30/2013The food was amazing. There was something for everyone. The surf and turf special was wonderful. The steak was so tender you could cut it with a butter knifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013This was our 1st time at Teikoku & let me tell you, we will definitely be back ! The food was delicious ! My husband ordered the Crispy Duck Breast, which was outstanding. I ordered the Seared Diver Scallops which was also very, very tasty. For dessert, my husband ordered the Macadamia Nut Tart & I had the Banana Bread Pudding - Both were soooo good ! Our service was amazing and it was such a quiet romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/26/2013Food is very good. Service is good. No matter where you sit, it's LOUD when busy, which is most of the time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/23/2013Our kids live nearby, and this is their favorite place. We will definitely want to return next visit. Service was great and everyone was happy with their meal.Special Features:
- DisappointedAnneDined on 12/7/2013I'm very sorry to say I am very disappointed in our service on Sarurday night. It was very slow, drinks took awhile and the second drink we had to ask twice. We have been coming there for the past 3 years and this was our worst experience.Special Features:
- Incredible, as always!MelissaDined on 12/7/2013Once Again, our evening was incredible. I had my work Xmas party there and the food, service, etc was wonderful! Thanks Annie for such great service with your smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningCmcdmbDined on 12/7/2013We dined with another couple. We weren't rushed, whether you have small plates or the full meal, everything is exceptional!Special Features:
- Asian EleganceMerleeVIPDined on 12/7/2013Outstanding service! From the moment we were seated until the check was paid we had the best service by all who waited on us. My friend had never been here and it was several years for me so the ambience is still warm and welcoming. She is a small eater and normally doesn't order more than an appetizer but had the salmon and oooed and ahhhhd over every bite. We shared the duck appetizer and it was the tastiest and crispest I've ever had. My entrée was lobster with pasta and 1/2 was taken home for another meal. Dessert? Shared pumpkin cheese cake...yum!Special Features:
- First time at this placemclintockDined on 12/6/2013Have driven by the place several times and decided to surprise my wife and take her here. We both really enjoyed the place.Special Features:
- DelightedCallMomma321Dined on 12/3/2013Had guests from China and they wanted Sushi. Noticed Teikoku is always full, so we gave it a try. Delighted is definitely the word. Really enjoyed the food. It was beautifully presented and fairly priced. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterchrispyVIPDined on 11/27/2013The place looks inviting from the outside and the menu sounded great. Unfortunately like other Asian restaurants around today, all the food and specialty drinks we sampled had a very sugary sweet edge to them which isn't to our liking. It may be what others enjoy as it seems to be a thing. Also, we thought that dining on the day before Thanksgiving would be quiet, but it wasn't. The side dining room wasn't open that night and our server said its only open Fridays and Saturdays. So the main dining area surrounds a large bar that was packed and noisy. The acoustics of bare wood didn't help so I presume they planned it to be noisy and sports bar-like, also not our thing. Service was attentive and accommodating.Special Features:
- the nite was perfect in everynanna211Dined on 11/23/2013the nite was perfect in every way. The food was plenty and tasdted just as good. The cocktails were prepared as requested. Will go again fr one of their special Tuna entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so food.TonyaDined on 11/23/2013First visit to this restaurant. We did check out the menu online after making reservations realizing they featured a lot of sushi and spring rolls, but decided to give it a try. We all had one of the teriyaki dinners. Steak, shrimp and salmon were good, but nothing to write home about. I love green beans, but they were way too much undercook. A little crisp is one thing, crunchy is not tasty. The white and brown rice was just plain. I guess we expected a little more with these prices and no competition around this area and driving over from East Fallowfield Township. Disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesome food!MimCDined on 11/23/2013Never a bad meal at Teikoku! The suchi and seafood are always incredibly fresh and beautifully plated! Everything is delicious every time! Thank yoU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite dining spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2013As usual, the food was excellent. On this visit however, we were in a dining room off the main room. It was full and quite noisy. Some of the problem could be solved with acoustical solutions to the room. Otherwise, everything was great. Saturday nights are just really busy at any good restaurant. I prefer dining on an off night when it is quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!CristinaT123Dined on 11/9/2013I've been to Teikoku several times, and it's just as delicious each time I go. The wait staff is attentive, yet not overbearing, knowledgeable, and helpful with unfamiliar menu items. The food came out hot, fresh ingredients, and vibrant flavors! I would recommend the Chicken Satay appetizer, the Tom Ka Gai soup (phenomenal), and the Chay roll ( my absolute favorite)! For the quality, the awesome atmosphere, and the experience, it's wallet-friendly. I was surprised when I got the bill as to how low it was (I was expecting more). We'll be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.