5492 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teikokurestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6106448270
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a formal dinner party, casual get together, corporate luncheon, cocktail reception or wedding, Teikoku's catering can handle all of the particulars to ensure that your next engagement will be truly distinctive and memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: Teikoku Restaurant is designed to accommodate private parties of 10 to 70 or more guests. We offer the flexibility for our guests to have either a family function , business event or an intimate wedding. Our guests can choose from one of our many dining rooms to fit their needs. We also offer off site catering options
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Rinear 6106448270
- Special Events: The restaurant is equipped with the latest technology for any of your party or business requirements. Whatever your needs may be, the staff at Teikoku Restaurant is here to serve you.
A word from Teikoku Restaurant
Teikoku Restaurant offers an exciting array of Asian Contemporary dishes complimented by an excellent sushi bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Teikoku Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Newtown Square ›
Teikoku Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)good for groups (37)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (28)romantic (27)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food and service!bs1653Dined on 4/29/2014I went here for the first time this week on a romantic date. The service was fast and friendly. The bar specials were cheap for hand rolls and beer. I ordered the spider roll, volcano roll, lobster and shrimp fondue and two alcoholic drinks. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- tkleinmaDined on 4/26/2014We eat at Teikoku frequently and we love it. The guys working the sushi bar are friendly and always make the evening special!!Special Features:
- seems to be slipping - was betterraidersix2002VIPDined on 4/26/2014So . . . we had dinner before a movie. We arrive on time and were escorted to an empty back room and crammed into a small 2-top pressed against a wall near the kitchen door. We should have punted then! Not sure what we did to get a bad a table in an otherwise empty room. My fiancée ordered a filet medium rare, it was a beautiful cut of meat - before it was over cooked. I had sesame chicken and a spring roll. Despite taking quite a while, the spring roll was tepid. The sesame chicken was just okay. The vegetables were over cooked and the chicken very heavily battered and chewy. The sesame sauce was both bland and goopy, not very attractive at all. At least the meal was inexpensive at $75.06 including tip and one glass of wine.
- very relaxing dinnerBreadDined on 4/25/2014From the hostess to our servers they were all very friendly and accommodating and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Place To GoSpecialPlaceVIPDined on 4/22/2014This was a fabulous place to take my Confidential Secretary to celebrate Administrative Professional's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Fresh Tasting Dinnerwade6974Dined on 4/19/2014I had dinner with several friends and we all commented on the exception freshness of the food we ordered. The sushi was very good and fresh. My brother in law commented that the sea bass he had ordered was excellent. Several of us ordered the rock shrimp tempura and it also was excellent, even better than I remember when I ordered before. All in all a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!EsullivanDined on 4/19/2014The food was outstanding with quick service! The waitress was very helpful and cheerful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tast. tasty tastyColleenCuisineDined on 4/19/2014I had the scallops and they were so tender and in such a great sauce. the side dish was palate pleasing also. I loved the dark chocolate gelato...rich and creamy and felt so decadent.Special Features:
- BEST sushi in the areaPammyDined on 4/18/2014I love Teikoku! Quality food. Sushi is delish!! Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Thai/Japanese FusionspaflamDined on 4/16/2014Not a holy grail but not bad. Sushi is lackluster - fish is frozen and bland. Drowning is sauce unless you specify (which luckily I remembered to do). Cooked food - duck breast - was much better. Some appetizers (dumplings and spring rolls) seem frozen. Step it up, guys!!!Special Features:
- Great inventive foodTravisDined on 4/12/2014Lots of interesting choices on the menu from the most traditional to some modern interpretations of the classics to things I've never heard of. Service was great, food was awesome...I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for couplesKickedaroundDined on 4/12/2014I had to get moved twice, the entree arrived before the appetizer, the servers kept dropping knives and forks on the floor (3x). I had a reservation and was initially placed in such a high traffic area that my chair was kicked 4x in 15 min. After I asked to be moved we were placed in such a bottle necked area of a back room that my wife had to lean out of the way every time a server past by. It was her birthday, I thought I was doing something special for her, she wasn't impressed.... ThanksSpecial Features:
- Mostly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Drunken seafood entre was WAY overcooked...noodles were mush as was most of the seafood except for the calamari which was like rubber. Chilean sea bass entree was fantastic as was the spring roll appetizer. This restaurant has been a staple of ours for years. The hit rate is about 85%. Too bad we had a bad serving. Go on a mid week night when they are not busy and you will do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The VolcanoEdwardDined on 4/11/2014This was my second visit and both times the food and service was right on! Try the Volcano, it's looks great and tastes even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant. BeenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/9/2014I love this restaurant. Been there several times As always the wait staff is attentive and the food is timed well. The sushi and sashemi are outstanding! Very fresh! Its wonderful to able to see the sushi chefs in action. Very fascinating to watch the artistic flair that the one chef has. As always Heather our server is very attentive. Always want to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my reviewinteresteddinnerDined on 4/5/2014good food soup was cold sent it back, ok after that, good service a little expensive for thai food,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY?DisappointedDined on 4/5/2014So we love sushi and we decided to have a nice dinner before going to the movies, we had been to Teikoku before and had enjoyed it, this time we were taken into the left hand back room, which I never knew was there, here we were stuffed into an over crowded, noisy place that reminded us of a diner or worse, with little time and no options we stayed, and regretted we did, the sushi portions were super small (certainly no Kooma) the specialty rolls were lacking and the noise and number of people stuffed in the room were overwhelming, the wine was ok, but for the 100 bucks it cost we were totally disappointed. hint to owners if you r gonna stick people in that back room, make some changes or you will be sure to lose more than these 2 customers
- Pretty GoodDissatisfiedDined on 3/30/2014I enjoyed the food and service received. I think we were a little overdressed as the open table states business casual and we were sitting next to a family of sweats and yoga pants. There were children crying in the background which took away from the ambience and the family in sweats. Otherwise, the food was phenomenal and it's definitely a place that my wife and I will frequent along with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eatert in the CountrySammieVIPDined on 3/29/2014Easy to get to. Ample parking. Great food. Nice portions. Tasty food. Fabulous sushi.Special Features:
- Best food around!Hungry4SushiDined on 3/29/2014This is without a doubt my favorite restaurant in the West Chester/Newtown Square area. My wife and I come at least once a week because of the quality and consistency of their sushi and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't DissapointBriscoDined on 3/29/2014Have been here many times, and this was just another excellent experience. Sushi rolls were spectacular and the service was top-notch. There is always something exciting on the menu that makes the experience well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent great food at reasonableMelishurls127VIPDined on 3/28/2014One of our "go to" restaurants, you can always count on great food, awesome presentation, fresh sushi and good service. Prices are reasonable and the staff is friendly. I would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional as always!AthenaVIPDined on 3/26/2014Fantastic meal at Teikoku. HUGE portions, fresh and flavorful food. Great service. One of our all time favorite places to eat. It never fails to delight.Special Features:
- first time visitmimiDined on 3/26/2014I took a friend for her birthday and it was a great success!!!!Special Features:
- TeikokuBones1Dined on 3/22/2014LOVE this restaurant!!! The food is always wonderful and never a disappointment in any realm.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!CamjamDined on 3/22/2014We went to dinner with a another couple and the place was awesome! We had the Chilean Sea Bass, Lobster, Tuna and Butterfish dishes and all were great! My favorite is the crab Basil fried Rice!!! Awesome... Must try it,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDaveDined on 3/21/2014My favorite meal is the calamari salad followed by sesame crusted ahi tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ViewBusiness4dinnerDined on 3/16/2014Food is great. Service is very friendly. Noise level is entirely too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teikoku Birthday DinnerDanODined on 3/11/2014Took my wife there for her special birthday dinner. Wonderful appetizers, food and desserts. Staff every attentive and never rushed you at all. Great experience. Will return with two other couples that we frequently dine with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!CustomerDined on 3/7/2014Great vibe, great ambience, great service, great sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLikeToEatOutVIPDined on 3/7/2014Love this place. Great sashimi and ginger martini. Bar staff very friendly and helpful. Nice happy hour selection of wines and apps.Special Features:
- Teikoku Still FabulousBDGroupDined on 3/4/2014It's been many years since this Asian Fusion/Sushi/Sashimi restaurant & bar opened in its unlikely location on West Chester Pike in Edgmont, and it's still going strong. Wonderful atmosphere, good for two or larger groups (private room available), open kitchen/sushi bar, nice selection of wines & beer (Chimay!), and, mostly importantly, incredible food. Fresh, flavorful, beautifully presented, with top-notch service. Highly recommended for date night, family & friend groups, hanging at the bar ... but be sure to make a reservation on the weekend or you'll never get in!Special Features:
- WATCHED FROM AFARASCDDined on 3/4/2014PASSED THIS RESTAURANT FOR YEARS..SO GLAD I FINALLY WENT IN! DEFINITELY GOING BACK!Special Features:
- Not coming backDisappointedDinerDined on 3/2/2014I was under the impression that this establishment catered to adults looking to have a relaxing evening out. I made this reservation for my girlfriend's birthday, which I mentioned both in my reservation and speaking with the hostess at the front. She didn't get a single birthday message from the anyone, which is a small gesture, but it would have meant a lot. On top of that, there was a table nearby with five or so children and the adults with them clearly had no sense of respect towards other patrons; the children climbed on the tables ran around the restaurant, screamed, goofed off in the bathroom, and not once did the manager speak to us about our experience. To top it off, the food was mediocre at best. Never recommending this place.
- Tasty GoodnessKirstenSDined on 3/1/2014I adore Teikoku. Whether I'm eating there or taking sushi out to enjoy at home! The fish is incredibly fresh, the rolls are creative and if you aren't a sushi/sashimi eater...there are plenty other choices. From apps to dessert, Teikoku is fabulous! Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLuisgmiDined on 3/1/2014The service is excellent, management should be proud ! The food is great tooSpecial Features:
- Menu was very eclectic, butJauntDined on 2/28/2014Menu was very eclectic, but had something for those picky eaters as well. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeAstrojoVIPDined on 2/26/2014Went w a group and everyone enjoyed themselves. Been here many times and am sure to come back. Food and service are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inedible chickenMAM04Dined on 2/22/2014Just ate at Teikoku this evening and would not return. I ordered the Sesame Chicken, and 90% of the chicken was fatty, tough and inedible. It's a shame because the sauce and vegetables were good. I never complain at restaurants but I had to tell (and show) the waitress when she came by at the end of the meal to ask how it was (prior to that she asked us how it was when it had first been served and I hadn't begun to eat it yet). She offered something else to eat, which I wasn't in the mood for after trying to get through that meal. I recall a good meal there about five years ago, but tonight was a big let down.
- We went for a special birthdayGardinerDined on 2/22/2014We went for a special birthday on a Saturday evening, and were not disappointed. All staff were attentive and polite without bothering us. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The crowd was laid back with a mix of families and adults of various ages. No bar in view except the sushi bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.