164 W. 75th St.
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cescanyc.com/
- Phone: 2127876300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Wednesday : 5:00-10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00-11:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 5:00-9:30pm
Happy Hour Monday-Friday: 5:00-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Craig Wallens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering team can prepare and serve a sit down lunch, dinner or a grand buffet for 40 guests or entertain 60 guests for a cocktail party-all done expertly in your home or at Cesca. Price is based on day of the week and season.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a couple of options:
‘The Wine Table’ & Our ‘Private Dining Room’. Our Private Dining room accomodates up to 22ppl & our Wine Table accommodates up to 10 people. For any party over 12 ppl a Special Tasting Menu must be arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Whiteman 2127876300x
- Special Events: Next to Beacon Theatre
A word from Cesca
An original pioneer of the casual upscale dining scene on the Upper West Side since 2003. Chef Craig Wallens’ contemporary farm-to-table Italian-American cuisine ‘explodes with flavor and freshness’. ‘Cesca features hand crafted pastas, wood-burning oven, artisanal cocktails and an Award Winning wine-list, all complementing this warm rustic environmentContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cesca reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (139)fit for foodies (113)special occasion (83)good for groups (51)notable wine list (46)romantic (41)vibrant bar scene (37)great for brunch (17)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2014We had a great experience at Cesca. We went before a show at the Beacon Theatre. The bar was lively, the staff was attentive and fun. My martini was just "ok", but the ambiance was lovely. Dinner was great food and the wine list was good. Our waitress was amazing. Offered good suggestions andmwas mindful to ensure we had a wat meal and got to the show on time. Would go back even without a show to attend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early quick bitekarenDined on 7/19/2014We were there quite early 6:00pm had just three appetizers. They were good. Service very good. But since it was nearly empty we had no trouble hearing the waiter's chit chat.................Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotconsumingVIPDined on 7/18/2014My girlfriend and I recently discovered this place and love it. It's stylish but inviting, good for a night out but still cozy, romantic and energetic. The wait staff is very knowledgeable and the food is great. The pastas are great, and what's awesome is they come in smaller portions so you can eat them as a first or middle course if you're hungry. Also recommend the hand pulled mozzarella and the duck.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 7/18/2014A bit too noisy for my taste, but great food and great service. Will definitely return!
- CescaFrenhsk8VIPDined on 7/18/2014Cesca is one of those rare restaurants that makes you want to return again and again. The food is outstanding. The service is impeccable. The chef does some unusual things with common foods. The warm mozzarella with peppers and toast points was delicious. The carrot appetizer was outstanding. The fried cauliflower appetizer was like nothing we had ever eaten-so light and tasty. The entrées were also outstanding.They are sensitive to food allergies. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to complainBobreitanoDined on 7/16/2014Also very hard to get excited. It is a good and trustworthy place and I am afraid nothing more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/16/2014Food, wine and service are always excellent. Appetisers and deserts are always specialSpecial Features:
- BTravenwontbeabletorememberDined on 7/14/2014I went with a friend who'd spent a lot of time in Italy. And she walked in and said, "Rome!" the light, the energy. Just a terrific place to spend time inSpecial Features:
- Not much to saynyctastetesterVIPDined on 7/11/2014It was good, but nothing to exquisite to call out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBallet0516Dined on 7/10/2014Unique food, fantastic service. All around good choice for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDineonDined on 7/8/2014We were graciously served a delicious dinner by an accommodating, professional and appropriately attentive staff who responded to every request and did not rush us along. The Hostess accommodated our table request so we could take our time and enjoy our guests. An exceptional experience as it always is.Special Features:
- Coach51Dined on 7/8/2014Pratronized here for the 1st time prior to a CSN concert at The Beacon with two friends of 35+ Years. Not knowing what to expect, I left there thinking what a wonderful evening their entire staff had help initiate for Three Old Amigos. From the Hostess down to our waiter, Tyler, the night was great... Food was excellent... Yes, prices are what I expected from a Midtown restaurant, but I walked out that night knowing I had a very good meal and a better start to my evening....Special Features:
- AndreaVIPDined on 7/8/2014Always a fav in my uws neighborhood. Service great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must to Visit in NYCdlmcorp1Dined on 7/8/2014Food was excellent! Service was great. All around good evening!! Would highly recommend to others and have already done so! ThankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll come back again!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2014Especially great appetizers. We order our favorites , usually in multiples..There is always something new to try to make a meal .. or go down the menu and enjoy different courses...Never disappoints us. Love the chef's imagination and style...and willingness to present some traditional foods in new and delicious ways. Be sure to try the cauliflower fritters and save room for the ricotta cheesecake dessert!Special Features:
- DisappointingdiningguruDined on 7/3/2014Really disappointing, slipping from its good reputation in the past. Mediocre at best. PK
- A delightful dinnernongourmetDined on 7/1/2014The food was great. The trout and duck were outstanding. We brought a good bottle, which was graciously decanted. Our waitress was helpful, charming, funny, and altogether a delight. The service in general was fine with no pressure to order or to pay. We asked for a quiet table, and was given one, but the noise level was high enough to be an occasional distraction. The bread was only o.k. The chocolate dessert was scrumptious.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian restaurantHelenVIPDined on 7/1/2014Our dinner was very good, the service was excellent. The menu selection was not as extensive as many others, but the selection we chose was very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/29/2014Lovely food and presentation. Service was friendly and attentive, not hovering.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We had a lovely dinner - comfortable seating, lovely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food poor coordinationMarikaVIPDined on 6/27/2014The hostess checked with another individual regarding our request to be seated at a table that gave us some privacy. The restaurant was practically empty, so we were surprised she couldn't just do this without checking. It seemed contrived. We waited and waited for bread to be put on the table, and asked twice, after we placed our order with the server, who was very pleasant, but did not check on us to see if things were coming out if the kitchen. Drink orders did arrive at the table for a very long time, and when the main courses came out, the two sides arrived much later. The drink order was incorrect, and the entire evening was marred by lack of coordination from the kitchen and our server, although pleasant, was not efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- musicloverDined on 6/23/2014Attentive, funny, entertaining and very informative waiter. Very pleasant experience overall.Special Features:
- Pricey - but worth itSpenceyUWSDined on 6/22/2014So, I just moved across the street and was already overwhelmed with the Italian options in the neighborhood. Cesca is by far the best I've tried so far. I came on the night of the US World Cup, so it was a little rowdy up front, but hey, whatever. The food, while definitely on the pricier side, is great - and reminded me of some of my downtown faves like Scarpetta and Da Silvano. Pasta dishes are great - my advice is to split a few dishes with the table in order to try the most stuff. Will be going back for the veal milanese, which seems to be their signature dish. Don't do takeout or delivery though, apparently those both suck. Bill was $300 for 5 people - with 4 of us having two drinks each (but only ordering one dessert).Special Features:
- Delicious Italian food!!CatsingtonDined on 6/22/2014Came for a large family dinner. We had been here before when they visited and we all wanted to come back. Incredible dinner--as always. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- katecooksVIPDined on 6/21/2014This was an excellent restaurant with good drinks, food, and service. Our waiter, Randy, was friendly and led us towards some excellent menu choices.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner at CescaDANNYVIPDined on 6/21/2014We went to Cesca because we were going to the Beacon Theater and we got the name of the restaurant from their web site. I had never heard of it and had not been to that part of Manhattan. We had reservations at 6. Got there at 5:15 having been told that they opened for dinner at 5. By 5:15 they were packed. I am assuming that they open way before 5. The food was excellent. They were aware of our Gluten and Dairy allergies and we had plenty of choices. Very nicely done.Special Features:
- RushedBedford4eDined on 6/20/2014Went here after an event at the N-YHS so arrived at 830. We were in no rush but the server was. We had to tell him several times we weren't ready to order and when we dis the dishes were spaced out ok. Now when it came for the check the server was nowhere to be found. We had to get a different server to take care of if. So it seems the server had to leave by 10 and wanted to get us out of there before thenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine food, good servicedinaDined on 6/19/2014What else can you ask for? Staff very responsive to my wish for quiet table. I have eaten here many times, always great. This is my first time reserving on OPENTABLE so hence, this review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Delicious CuisineSUWSDined on 6/19/2014As always the food is delicious and plentiful accompanied by professional service in a pleasant dining atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of CescadisappointedDined on 6/19/2014A group of 4 of us had dinner at Cesca on June 19th. we have been to the restaurant several times. The service is always pleasant but very slow. Unfortunately, the food was so salty it was almost inedible. I do not like to send food back because it disrupts the dinner and makes the other people in the group uncomfortable. I will not return to Cesca.
- Very good pre-Beacon TheaterGFoodieDined on 6/18/2014Very good service; well-prepared food from porterhouse steak to pasta dishes (with GF pasta available).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed and UncomfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014Three of the four entrees of seafood were adequate; the fourth, duck, was greasy and tasteless. We had asked for a quiet table but were put in what our server called "one of the noisier spots." The AC was not working in our area of the restaurant and with the brick oven behind us it was an unpleasant experience. We also had to ask for more water repeatedly--not what you should have to do in any restaurant. We were eager to leave as soon as the meal ended.Special Features:
- TVStarDined on 6/14/2014Convenience Close to beacon theater and consistently good food, good service and extremely comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a changenytasterDined on 6/14/2014The old Cesca was goodfood, and fun.The "New" Cesca is a disaster! could not eat the giant shrimp..Tastdof iodine...poorly serves... Dead chicken. Mediocre winelist. Do not go back!Special Features:
- The end is near. . . .JDThreeDined on 6/13/2014A great neighborhood spot for years, Cesca is losing steam. The new wine list is meh (which has nothing to do with the lower price points), and the menu is moving away from the simple to complicated (not the good kind of complicated). Why would you replace ramps with ricotta cheese in the spaghetti dish? The only thing they have in common is the letter R. The trout was good, but at the bottom of a stack of stuff that was not so good. The decor and service are still great, but I'm not going back for a while.
- Great find--we'll be back!CookieDined on 6/13/2014From the moment you come thru the door you feel the energetic vibe and ambiance of Cesca. The bar lounge area is inviting and comfortable. The waitstaff were pleasant, attentive but not intrusive. The food was excellent. The wine choices good and the Mascarpone Cheesecake is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLlocoVIPDined on 6/13/2014Hostesses are not polite or friendly. Do not go to this restaurant if there is a big event at the Beacon Theater.
- Welcoming Staff, Good Food and WineSoleraVIPDined on 6/13/2014We love this restaurant--in fact we dined there twice last week! The manager and sommelier are always cheerful, welcoming. The servers are uniformly good.. There is a large variety of starters, with some standouts such as the zucchini blossoms, the parmesan fritters, and the octopus. The duck and the veal chop are particularly good entrees and pastas.Special Features:
- Still my favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/12/2014Have loved 'Cesca since forever. On this visit, had the best, juiciest swordfish of my life. Service very friendly yet professional.Special Features:
- not quiteshmigleyritzDined on 6/11/2014Wait staff too busy chatting amongst themselves to give full attention. Silly sauce for trout weak salad. great fried cauliflower, egg plant parm, chicken, martiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.