600 Stockton at California Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parallel37sf.com/
- Phone: 4157736168x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday to Sunday from 6:30am to 11:30am
Dinner: Sunday to Thursday from 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
Fridays and Saturdays from 5:30pm to 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rotondo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Parallel 37 is available for buy outs of up to 100 people. Please contact Liz Pasha at email@example.com if you are interested in buying out our restaurant for your special event!
A word from Parallel 37
Parallel 37 offers globally-inspired cuisine that is artistically creative, disciplined and intriguing, perfectly paired with wine, beer or handcrafted cocktails. Sourced locally, Parallel 37’s hyper-seasonal produce is farmer-grown, while meat, poultry and seafood utilize sustainable practices. Whether creating your own global journey by selecting from our three-course menu of ever-changing seasonal dishes, or embarking upon Chef Rotondo’s five- or eight-course, market-inspired tasting menus, guests will enjoy an approachable and collaborative dining experience resulting in a unique journey for each table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Parallel 37 - Best Restaurants in Nob Hill ›
Parallel 37 reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (45)special occasion (35)romantic (25)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lost its waydinealotDined on 11/23/2013The Ritz has lost its way with this retro restaurant. They chose to throw out all that was good with their premium brand image to try to compete with the W. New Coke?
- Excellent food. The crabcakeKMfoodiedocVIPDined on 11/21/2013Excellent food. The crabcake however is very similar to crabcakes I've had at other Ritz Carlton establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two New Chefs!! 100 times betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2013My fourth time here. The first three visits were off the mark. Food was meh. Last night was Incredible! The food was phenomenal! Started with the Gem Salad, it has these perfectly done crispy artichoke hearts & a succulent dressing. Then we had a white truffle risotto. Cooked to perfection. Creamy, not too much truffle with a hint of wine. Then we devoured the Pork tenderloin with mission fig & almond cream. I have NEVER had such a delish entree. The new chefs Michael & Alex are headed for a Michlain Star. I'm not kidding. Every time we go to SF, we are dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at the RitzvegDinerDined on 10/18/2013Parallel 37 is in the Ritz Carlton, so it's what you would expect. Fancy presentation, small portions, high prices, great service. Plus really, really good bread. So if you're on a fancy date (or an expensable dinner) it's a good place to go. Also, vegetarian-friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!BSharpDined on 10/6/2013Don't believe anything negative you may have heard about this restaurant! It's a wonderful place for a quiet, romantic dinner, or to impress your visiting parents. Decor is serenely modern with low lighting, and service is "casual-formal." The hotel setting lends elegance with valet parking and lovely surroundings. But the food is what really shines. Combinations such as heirloom tomatoes and crispy duck confit are unusual, yet absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. The small plate format is perfect. Prices are reasonable considering the quality of ingredients and preparation. Plates can be shared or split and coursed for a more relaxed experience. Getting a table at prime time was easy. We're so glad we found this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parallel 27 in the Ritz CarltondatspeedVIPDined on 10/5/2013We enjoyed one of the nicest dinners at Parallel 37. While the ambiance is a little austire for some, the food, presentation and service were just excellent. The craft cocktails imaginative and very good, The cuisine is fresh, local and creative. All the ingredients were the very best. We started with the bruins farm tomatoes/duck confit and the lettuce/crispy artichoke salads - they were a great showcase of the fresh/local focus of the restaurant. We had the lamb (actually a trio - belly, roulade and tenderloins) and the halibut special. Both were excellent. The desserts were equally delicous. There is an extensive wine list. The service complimented the fine cusine. Only complaint - it's a little noisey for a fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly good!FrenchfoodieDined on 9/29/2013Great find, innovating cuisine, blends of flavors that we're simply excellent. It is unusual to find that good a restaurant in a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findMimboDined on 9/19/2013Very innovative menu. Wonderful flavour combinations. Best beef steak ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesome....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2013Chef Mike was sure on his game last night. Everything was fantastic. He even made us a surprise dish that was out of this world.Special Features:
- No Ritz-Carlton Dining RoomNoneDined on 9/11/2013This (relatively ) new restaurant in the Ritz, is just not very special, as was the much more refined, elegant and appropriate simply better kitchen it replaced. Too bad. But, hey, if the diners can come in in their most casual (scruffy) clothes--and pay the prices, who cares?
- The most incredible nightKyleDined on 9/7/2013The service was spectacular. In my reservation I asked for a candlelight dinner and a table away from the middle of the restaurant(more romantic) and that is exactly what they did for me. Our waiter gave us each a glass of Pinot Noir, and a small appetizer on the house! The waiter kindly asked if we had any good allergies, and he was the best waiter I have ever had. The atmosphere is perfect, it can be romantic or just fun. It is the perfect restaurant to be in a ritz Carlton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lunch Spot at the Ritz CarltonBarrrister59Dined on 9/2/2013We were guests at the Ritz and had some friends join us for lunch. I doubt I would have chosen the place if we were not hotel guests as the decor was a bit off putting. I found the food and service, however, to be surprisingly good. Three of us had an excellent heirloom tomato gazpacho. The dessert menu had few choices, but the table was happy with a blackberry tart which was selected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give these guys a STARBabstravelsVIPDined on 9/1/2013My boyfriend and I just had a great meal here. We love the small plates format and share everything. The staff was AWESOME. Attentive, engaged, knowledgeable. Small plate portions were perfect for two to share. Little gem salad with artichokes excellent. Carrot tortellini was the show stealer in my opinion - unique flavors - fabulous. Octopus had a shiso sorbet - novel and super tasty. Next up soft shell prawns - not my thing, but my boyfriend really enjoyed them. The flank steak made us want to sing. Boyfriend had the fig and lemon custard crème brulee and I had the nectarine crumble - both very good. We love it and WILL be back - it's now "our place". Will be great for business dinners and foodie friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb dish was out of thisFoodiBPVIPDined on 8/16/2013Lamb dish was out of this world good! (and I know lamb dishes)Special Features:
- Parallel 37 is heaven on a hillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2013We dined at Parallel 37 Sunday, after a long weekend in San Francisco for a family weeding. Start with the menu - all 20-plus dishes sounded so tantalizingly good that it took the five of us 20 minutes to order. Between us we sampled 12 different dishes and each one was better than than the last. We sampled from the meat, fish and vegetable menus and raved about every dish's preparation, presentation and taste. We all agreed to share but quickly became very possesive of our plates! Parallel 37 is a foodie's dream date. In the end, we were stuffed and passed on dessert, but the staff brought out 4 desserts for us to sample, all light and airy and refreshing but nonetheless decadent. Can't imagine that this is an every night occurence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not personal at all -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2013Dark - no tablecloths, no ambience whatsoever , no light your lounge area in the Ritz is pretty and not used enough ...should be used for brunch you would attract a lot more people .restaurant was empty
- overcooked bacon, lax servicecometVIPDined on 8/7/2013I would have expected more from the Ritz-Carlton. Meeting a client for breafast, I ordered a cup of berries and a side of bacon. The berries were delightful, but the bacon was seriously overcooked. At approximately $2.33 per piece of bacon, I think it should have been cooked correctly. Were I alone I would have said something but with a client, it is just not appropriate. We were clearly finished and needed to go to another meeting, but our server was more interested in a group drinking champagne & bloody mary's and it took some waving to get attention for our check. I know they had to move the service to the lobby lounge, but this shouldn't affect both the food and the service. The Doorman was excellent, service above and beyond.
- One of 10 best meals everDrbobVIPDined on 8/3/2013Of seven dishes, one was merely excellent; the rest were ecstatically, mind-boggling, "OMG you've got to taste this" good. For us, only French Laundry, Cyrus, Manresa, Fleur de Lys and a couple places in NYC have been in this league food-wise. Service was warm, efficient, knowledgable, not overly formal. Ambience was the only mismatch: a bit of hotel coffee shop peers through the nicer bits and the walls/ ceiling need better sound muffling. Sutter-Stockton garage is one block away or valet is $10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2013Parallel 37 is the only restaurant in the stately Ritz Carlton. I have head mixed reviews of dining there, but i an always open to formi g a new assessment. The chef and service staff do this property proud. Unfortunately the decor reminds me of an upscale Marriott, down to the orange water glasses and Formica tabletops. It is a huge disconnect to the revered ambiance of the rest of the hotel. Too bad.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!!!SophiaMaDined on 7/20/2013We came to celebrate my bother's bday and we absolutely loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandindgazcornDined on 7/11/2013One of my top 10 restaurants after going there. We only wish we'd had more time for the eight course tatsing. We settled for a combination of 1 appetizer, 2 seafood entrees and 2 meat entrees. The portions are medium size so the 5 helpings plus a desert were plenty. Each dish was unique, fresh and cooked perfectly. Atmosphere is pretty laid back.Special Features:
- nice atmosphere, but little foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2013This was a nice restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. The service was excellent and the ambiance was very nice. The food was tasty too, there just was very little of it. The portion sizes compared to the cost was disappointing.Special Features:
- No way!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2013I never write reviews, but had a terrible experience at this restaurant. Very average food,bad service and high prices make for a bad combination.
- LOCATED IN THE RITZ CARLTON . . . .FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 7/4/2013Beautiful modern setting with a great waitstaff (somewhat casual, not pretentious). You can order A la carte, but we enjoyed the 8 course tasting menu ($135 per person) with wine pairings (+$75 per person). Note: 5 course $95, with wines add $50. This included a little bit of everything (meats, sea food, vegetables etc) including Chicken Foot, seemed odd at first, but it was great ! A little about the Chef: Before taking the helm at Parallel 37 on 01-2013, Chef Michael Rotondo, 33, trained with & worked alongside world-renowned Chef Charlie Trotter at his eponymous Chicago restaurant for 8 years, working his way up the ranks to Chef de Cuisine and ultimately . . . Executive Chef. Note: The Chef's entire Bio is incredible, so book it !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can do betterdieterVIPDined on 6/30/2013We visited Parallel 37 for brunch after reading a review on their pastry chef. It was a barely average experience at a premium price. The food was not well prepared ... A burger and seared tuna salad ordered medium rare both were served well done = dry and tasteless. The service was below average ... Drink menus were not provided and when we did ask only one was provided. The price was +30 dollars per person with one or no alcoholic drinks. San Francisco is full of great places to eat brunch ... Parallel 37 is not one of them. I would not go back for brunch or any other meal.
- Empty for lunchwogger85VIPDined on 6/25/2013While the food and service at this Ritz-Carlton establishment were top-notch, the ambiance was a little lacking. At 12:30pm on a weekday, the place was almost entirely empty. After closing the fine-dining room, I'm sure this place isn't going anywhere, but it was a little strange to be in such a large restaurant with no one else there. If you have a real hankering for a $20 sandwich, take a walk up the hill to the Ritz, otherwise try one of the more fun (and affordable) options down in the FiDi.Special Features:
- Great food, exceptional staffdavidDined on 6/16/2013Great food, exceptional staff and beautifully decoratedSpecial Features:
- Way over-priced for what youAddieVIPDined on 6/16/2013Way over-priced for what you get. Yes, the food was good, but the prices! Staff were VERY nice, can't complain about that. But, well...more for tourists!
- Where is the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013Tiny portions served on large plates. Value not there. Perhaps why place was almost empty.
- This was a celebration dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013This was a celebration dinner and the food matched our mood. Dishes were beautifully presented and tasty!. There were definately favorites at the table: Grilled broccoli, Rib eye steak and the seared octopus. But every dish was wonderful and everyone in our party went home happy!Special Features:
- Bring back the old menuNancyDined on 5/30/2013We have eaten at Parallel 37 many times and it is one of our favorite restaurants. We found the new menu to be consfusing, disjointed and rather restricted. A hotel restaurant should also have choices suitable for families and the less adventurous as well as those who want something different. I think this menu would be better suited to a small bistro rather than a hotel. The flavors were okay but we found things unbalanced. The dish would be tasting fine and then suddenly you would get a blast of a single overpowering ingredient. The asapargus soup wasn't very warm making the burrata cheese in the bottom only partially melt making it extremely difficult to eat. We were also disappointed with the lounge menu. Hope things change.
- Parallel 37metcalfeDined on 5/27/2013We had the tasting menu and it was a great choice. I was pleased that we were asked what we liked/ disliked/ had any allergies to and the tasting menu could fit around that. This is the first time I have had this choice with a tasting menu. Really helpful waiter and a great selection of food for the tasting menu. The accompanying wine that went with each course was well pared and in some cases quite unusual. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Our best meal EVER!flightVIPDined on 5/27/2013My wife and I agree that this was our best meal ever, anywhere! We shared an appetizer, a fish course, a meat course, each had a dessert. The server recommended wine pairings that were perfect! The subtleties of the flavors ans spices were exsquisite. It was amazing. And the service was extremely attentive, the meal well-paced, and we left completely satisfied, full, but not stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tasting menu in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/25/2013Best tasting menu in the city right now. Super talented chef. Warm staff, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great pleasure diningChicVIPDined on 5/24/2013It was a great pleasure dining at Paralell 37. The chef is magnificent ! We will go back for sure !Special Features:
- Loved the food the serviceTomkDined on 5/19/2013Loved the food the service was excellent. staff new the menu and the wine list. I would come back to this restaurant next time we are in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/18/2013Our dinner experience was wonderful. I brought my parents and our family friends to eat at Parallel 37. From the 1st course all they through dessert we were dazzled. Carl took great care of us, as did Justin with his wonderful knowledge of the wines. Then we had a surprise visit from Chef Rotondo himself to talk about the food and his previous experiences. I let Carl know that the pastry chef could just suprise us with dessert. Chef Carrea brought out the first dessert to us which was a green tea semifreddo with rhubarb compote. I still can't stop thinking about it. Dinner was sensational. I will come back again and again. Thankfully I live across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/16/2013Parallel 37 has a little something for everyone. In the space that once held the Dining Room, an old school while tablecloth spot, it is now a modern vibrant interior with a nice bar and large dining room. The food is great. We surrendered ourselves to the tasting menu with wine pairings and just enjoyed the evening. The staff is attentive, the food interesting and flavorful and the wine pairings spot on. For those who want some small plates and a glass or two of wine, they have that as well. My only complaint is that the restaurant is neither fine dining nor casual dining. You can have a fine dining experience but the atmosphere is off and if you go more casual you are missing out on the incredible food the chef creates.Special Features:
- 6-Star Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2013My aunt is visiting and I wanted to give her a memorable meal. The service was impeccable, soup to nuts. The food was perfectly cooked and the flavours well balanced. Whipped strawberry mousse with basil granite was a surprisingly well paired dialectic. Ambiance was somewhat casual, relaxed, save the garish business types, but whatareyagonnado? Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Final FarewellOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013My husband and I were spending our last Night ins SF after lining across the street from the Ritz-Calrton for 10 years. We chose to go to the new place Parallel 37. It was one of the best meals we have ever had. The food was absolutely stunning, visually, taste, smell. texture. They call them small plates, but I guess we are not the giant portion kind of American's we found the portions just right to share and keep us wanting more. We ordered four items and shared each one, had desert and a drink and went home truly satisfied and grateful that we picked such a fine place to spend our last evening in SF. Thank you for making it a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.