John Bentley's - Redwood City
2915 El Camino Real
Redwood City, CA 94061Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
John Bentley's - Redwood City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.johnbentleys.com/
- Phone: 6503657777x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Bentley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: John Bentley's offers private dining downstairs for up to 24 people, and a private dining room upstairs, with private bar, for up to 50 people, equipped for AV presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Vincent Osar 6503657777x52
A word from John Bentley's - Redwood City
Located on the Atherton/Redwood City border, John Bentley's offers New American cuisine, a fun wine list, and warm gracious service with a full bar and banquet facilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
John Bentley's - Redwood City - Best Restaurants in Redwood City ›
John Bentley's - Redwood City reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)fit for foodies (107)neighborhood gem (89)romantic (83)notable wine list (47)good for groups (40)great for lunch (36)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/26/2014excellent food and service for which we have become accustomedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014Rolls Royce of dining in the Atherton area--best of the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Quiet Enough to Talk!eatandtalkVIPDined on 4/24/2014Three of us were meeting for pleasure and to tok some business. The food was interesting and delicious. Also interesting choice of cocktails and specialty drinks. And it was quiet enough that we could actually have our business discussion without shouting at each other. The waiter was pleasant and helpful. There when we needed him, but not hovering too constantly. Really a perfect evening! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Simply The BestJayCeeDined on 4/23/2014John Bentley is a wonderful cook. My favorite at lunchtime is John's very creative and delicious version of Chinese chicken salad. Wow. Just wow. You will see those salads being served right and left! Everything on the dinner menu is delectible--beautiful and marvellous preparations of modern American cuisine. The restaurant has a "with-it" and friendly full bar. The whole place overflows with good cheer great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in silicon valley!MauryVIPDined on 4/21/2014We have always enjoyed John Bentleys's, it is truly outstanding every visit!
- Maybe the bestJohnVIPDined on 4/17/2014Probably one of the best restaurants on Peninsula.Special Features:
- - High quality, well-preparedBryanLVIPDined on 4/12/2014- High quality, well-prepared food (Had the sole and the watermelon, crab, avocado appetizer). - Very welcoming room - Service was lacking, seemed that nothing could be achieved at the table without either an interruption of forcing the diners to adjust position to give the wait staff access to the table. Could be that the table was too cramped, but professional staff should be able to overcome this and not interrupt the flow of the conversation so much. - The chairs are very uncomfortable - Did I say noisy?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place. It is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2014I love this place. It is always a wonderful experience with exquisite food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceHanlanDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I returned to John Bentley's for an anniversary dinner. The food and service were wonderful. We have gone several times over the years and have never been disappointed. While not the cheapest option out there, whenever we want to have a really good meal in a wonderful setting we return to John Bentley's. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!JLHoDined on 4/4/2014It was my first time at John Bently's. The whole experience was outstanding! I recommend this restaurant highly. I will go back to JB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined a John Bentley'ssandibDined on 3/31/2014We dined a John Bentley's at the end of a wonderful day of birthday celebration for my companion. We began at the bar for a cocktail. The hostess knew we were there and checked in with us to see if we were ready to be seated and was very accomodating when we requested to stay a little longer enjoying the conversation with other patrons. After being seated, the server was appropriately attentive and the dinner that followed was enjoyed by both of us. At the end of the meal, my dinner companion was presented with a birthday treat with a candle. The entire reservation process was flawless and the evening was lovely. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experience. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/29/2014Always a wonderful experience. Our server, Jan, is exceptional!Special Features:
- Great food, lovely service.eaterDined on 3/29/2014Great food, lovely service. I've only had great meals at this nice restaurantSpecial Features:
- surf n turf at John Bentley'sgr8eatsDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I went there with our neighbors. We used to go to the Woodside town location annually several years ago, but we had not been for a few years. We had surf (boat scallops and the mahi) and they had turf (steak special and hanger steak). I also had the fire roasted artichoke, outstanding flavor and texture. Everyone really enjoyed their appetizer, main course, and dessert. It's a great ambience too. We are looking forward to our next occasion to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dean always ensures that ourSmithVIPDined on 3/27/2014Dean always ensures that our time at Bemtley's is special. Our most recent dinner was to celebrate our anniversary and everything was simply perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed everything andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed everything and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange PlaceZongVIPDined on 3/20/2014Dark, empty, formal, expensive, uninspiring. Seems to attract a few rich old women from Atherton. As for the rest, we may as well go to Evvia.
- John Bentley's never disappoints.born2eatVIPDined on 3/18/2014John Bentley's never disappoints. With all the fabulous restaurants we have here in San Francisco I always look forward to lunch or dinner at John Bentley's.Special Features:
- Low key and specialBronteDined on 3/17/2014Had a very good experience on a Monday nite (one of the reasons I chose Bentley's was it was OPEN). Much to my surprise the place was packed (it is small). Very interesting menu that covers the waterfront: seafood, beef, interesting appetizers and desserts. Very helpful service offered tastings of wine by the glass and pointed toward the less expensive options first. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- ConsistentEnglishMikeDined on 3/17/2014From the bar to the table everything was consistent here, we split the pork belly appetizer and it was fantastic, the meat just fell apart and the slaw was a nice contrast. I had the Rib-eye which was cooked perfectly and my dining companion had the Tuna which was also delicious. We split a dessert. small but good by the glass wine selection and we brought a bottle of Silver Oak so who could complain about that - corkage was fairly high at $30 a bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDGR0313Dined on 3/14/2014The staff were friendly and made perfect menu suggestions. The food flavor profiles and plating were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch go-toOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/14/2014Always great fish and good options for all. Soups and salads are fresh and delicious. Service can be brisk if you tell them you need to get back or leisurely if you have time. And it's quiet enough to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2014Fabulous food and very hospitable staff! Outstanding desserts!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGFabulousDined on 3/7/2014Great service and outstanding food and friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time and great as always!GTansecoVIPDined on 3/1/2014We were her last November to celebrate our Anniversary, last Saturday we brought the entire family of 6 people. We were placed in the side semi private room and had a corner round table. It was a blast. The service was impeccable, and we enjoyed the food as usual. Happy to see the pork belly was still there (one of our favorites). The pork chop was amazing like the first time, yes, I know two visits and I ordered the pork chop twice, but hey, it's that good! Thanks John Bentley, our mother's 59th birthday was made special because of you and your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceReynVIPDined on 3/1/2014Went back for the pleasure of dining at John Bentley's once again. As before, the service was great...this time I would promote this to outstanding. We enjoyed the roasted artichoke appetizer. Is is roasted to the point that its tenderness was it's lead feature. Also, it's served with a mustard dressing that is delicious and new to us...we usually have it with mayo or clarified butter. New York steak with mushroom and superb sauce. A nice thick steak, cooked perfectly, augmented with just he right accompaniments. Filet of sole, thicker than most, but nevertheless, pretty much melted in our mouths. Reservations can be tricky for short term planning. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Enjoy the bartenderluvvansVIPDined on 2/27/2014Had a nice dinner at the bar as the restaurant was way too noisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They need to buffer the noise. Food is very good & bartender is terrific. Will return but hope the noise is fixed! Glass partitions between dining areas could help, maybe?????Special Features:
- Excellent food and good service.GlenMalVIPDined on 2/26/2014Excellent food and good service. Pork chops are to die for!!Special Features:
- Never had anything other thaneaterDined on 2/22/2014Never had anything other than a great meal at this restaurant. Service is always gracious and courteous. Cannot say enough about the great food!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerFoodie300Dined on 2/21/2014This was a wonderful meal to celebrate a birthday with four friends. The staff was very accommodating and attentive without hovering. The wine list is short but with very good selections. Food was fabulous. Great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Valentines DinnerKatherineDined on 2/18/2014We booked a reservation for Valentine's Day and the food was more than incredible. Their selections were masterfully paired together and everything was mouthwateringly cooked to perfection. The wait staff was knowledgeable and kind and the ambiance was very romantic. I would go back in a heart beat!Special Features:
- Enjoyed it thoroughlyEaterDined on 2/15/2014Friendly Staff. Good selection of wines. Food was cooked perfectly. The dessert was amazing. Ambiance and decor were top notch. The only down side was the group of 6 sitting behind us was a bit loud but that's not a fault of the restaurant.Special Features:
- always perfect - never fails.steveseaboltDined on 2/14/2014Likely been there 15 times. Every time perfect. Each dish is flavorful, perfectly presented. NEVER fails to be a great experience.Special Features:
- MY NEW FAVORITE RESTAURANT!KICONGLEDined on 2/14/2014I am so glad we found John Bentley's, we will be back often. The food was outstanding, we both started with a cup of artichoke soup, and then my wife had the sole, which she raved about and I had the rib eye steak. The sole was pan seared, served with vegetables, with a lemon caper beurre blanc sauce. The steak, which was cooked exactly as I expected for medium, was served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, broccolini, with a Gorgonzola Cabernet demi-glace. And the the desert menu looked so good we could not resist, my wife had the apple tart, really good, and I had the cranberry pear crisp, another winner. The service was outstanding even though it was Valentine's Day and very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely items to begin, excellentJohnDined on 2/14/2014Lovely items to begin, excellent main courses and wonderful desserts delivered with great service. Also, the best sweetbreads around.Special Features:
- Consistently FABULOUS!steppinoutVIPDined on 2/11/2014We have been enjoying John Bentley's since they opened. Their dishes are ALWAYS consistent, inventive and flavorful. Our waiter Dean is the best, attentive, friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconspicuous but greatpickyeaterDined on 2/8/2014I drove by that section of El Camino many times never realized that there is a hidden gem of a restaurant. We actually missed the entrance to the parking lot but it was a rainy dark evening. The decor is classic and warm. The food was exceptional. The wine list was expansive and the service top notch. Our server was knowledgeable not only on the specialty dishes in the menu but also on the wine selection. From the appetizer, to main course, to desert, it rivals any starred establishments in SF. We were sort of sandwiched in between a couple of large parties of enthusiastic patrons so the noise level got to be a bit high. Definitely deserving a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise factorronkarrVIPDined on 2/8/2014Excellent food and great sever. If you are planning a dinner party this is the spot.Special Features:
- Excellent All-AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/7/2014Wonderful evening. Had a great time celebrating my son's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown awayBartDined on 2/3/2014We were looking for a decent dinner in an unfamiliar area by using O. T's rating system. When we saw a 4.5 rating near our hotel we gave it a try... And were blown away. The ambience was wonderful, the service excellent (the waitress very knowledgeable and informative), and the food perfectly prepared. This place is a find and we look forward to our next visit here so we can try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.