Charlie Palmer Steak - DC
101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charlie Palmer Steak - DC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.charliepalmer.com/
- Phone: 2025478100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
Closed Sunday & Monday in July & August
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Russell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Charlie Palmer Steak moves the political power meetings out of the back room and into private dining spaces, sleek enclaves of dark wood where gathering around the table gets things done in the best possible way. A rooftop terrace, which can accommodate 400 guests, possesses the city's most impressive view of the Capitol.
- Special Events: We offer free corkage on domestic wines everyday, Friday imported wines are also free of corkage.
Join us for cocktails on our newly opened patio!
A word from Charlie Palmer Steak - DC
Located in the United Brotherhood of Carpenters headquarters off the wide, open expanse of the National Mall, Charlie Palmer Steak is dedicated to another fine master craft: big, bold American food. Under the direction of Executive Chef Jeffery Russell, the menu stars the best American artisan beef cuts like an aged Angus Rib-eye "Cowboy" steak as well as updated seafood classics such as the Iced Shellfish Platter of lobster, shrimp, king crab, and oysters. Underscoring the patriotic menu, Palmer's innovative wine cube—which appears to be floating on water—features 3,500 bottles of exclusively American wine and over 600 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charlie Palmer Steak - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)notable wine list (52)fit for foodies (42)scenic view (40)romantic (39)great for lunch (28)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Don't go on Sunday nights,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/6/2008Don't go on Sunday nights, they have some kind of dance floor right next door and it's loud. Food is mediocre at best, if you want steak just go to Flemings or the Palm.Special Features:
- If you can, sit at the bar.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/15/2007If you can, sit at the bar. Much much much better serviceSpecial Features:
- If I can, I always preferOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/9/2007If I can, I always prefer to suit at the bar. Same menu, better service.Special Features:
- Maybe it was a particularlybnadinerVIPDined on 10/8/2007Maybe it was a particularly good night, maybe it was the sauce, but the NY strip was the best steak in DC that night. Better than BLT & Capital Grill.Special Features:
- Fantastic- plain and simple.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2007Fantastic- plain and simple. Get the seared fois gras.Special Features:
- Awsome view,food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2007Awsome view,food and service make this one not to miss! Plus you never what congressman or senator you might be eating next to wow! How cool is that.Special Features:
- The two times I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2007The two times I have been here have both been special occasions - and unless you can afford it, should be reserved for that. The food is amazing, the service is wonderful, and dinner is always a memorable one.Special Features:
- Great martini!! One minuteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2007Great martini!! One minute on the ice, stirred, not shaken. The steak was divine. The waiter assisted us with the wine selection and it was just as we requested. Not expensive, bold red, and good with steak. He suggested one and we loved it and still do.Special Features:
- Outstanding wine list andRfortunoDined on 7/27/2007Outstanding wine list and wine rack. Beautifully decorated. Great for prime meat. Nice table settings.Special Features:
- I felt very insulted. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2007I felt very insulted. We went for our 10th wedding anniversary. When we didn't order the more expensive bottle of wine recommended by the sommilier, we were ignored. When it was time for dessert, we were surprised by a dessert that said Happy Anniversary. We were more surprise when they charged us $7 on the check. They did take us up to the roof for a fabulous view, but were too cheap to offer us a glass of house champagne. After dropping in the mid $200's, you'd think they could add a little class to the visit. I'd never go back.
- The food is not cheap, butRandyDined on 4/21/2007The food is not cheap, but the steaks are outstanding. You may not want some of the $22+ per oz steaks, but they have wonderful other steaks. You will find the restrooms interesting.....you can communicate between the men's and women's restroom. What a way to meet a new friend.Special Features:
- This is by far my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2006This is by far my favorite restaurant of all time. I've been several times since its opened a few years ago in the Washington DC area. The steaks are cooked to perfection, seasoned well and tender. Altho, the sides are a la carte they are well portioned to be shared with the entire table, my favorite the hen of woods mushrooms; so delicately sauteed. The wine list is impeccable with every wine you can imagine. The service is eye for detailed and superb. The ambience is exquisite... Absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- The food at Charlie PalmerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2006The food at Charlie Palmer Steak was fantastic! You must try the sauteed mushrooms, and the steak mustards really enhanced the flavor of the steaks. The service and ambiance were perfect for a nice evening out with someone special or a small group.Special Features:
- Definately upscale steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2006Definately upscale steakhouse atmosphere here. Just steps away from Capitol Hill with spectacular DC views. The food and service were as expected in this setting. Charlie Palmer will not dissapoint any food and wine enthusiasts!!Special Features:
- I went to Charlie Palmer'sAreaNativeVIPDined on 6/24/2005I went to Charlie Palmer's for a farewell lunch for a colleague who was a bit pressed for time. Simply put, the service was absolutely terrible. It could not have been worse. It was incredibly slow, and there was a mistake with literally every thing we ordered. I said something to the manager mid-way through our meal. To his credit, he gave us free desserts (to go, because by this time the slow service had made us late for our next meeting.) But even AFTER that it took us another 20 minutes to flag someone down to get the check! I come here all the time and I have never had service this bad. Actually, I am hard pressed to remember having service this bad at any nice restaurant - EVER! Very disappointing!
- First Class all the way.KevinwmsDined on 10/30/2004First Class all the way. The service was excellent. loved the decor. We both had steak, some of the best I ever had. Well worth a visit. Will go again.Special Features: