Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale
3000 N.E. 32nd Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 9545614800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm & Sunday All Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Shaun Albers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Seasonal – check with restaurant for details.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale
Located right on the water with an unparalleled patio, Chart House overlooks the magnificent Intracoastal Waterway. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s easy to see why the Chart House is a favorite of locals and tourists. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh food specialties such as macadamia crusted mahi to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Pan Seared Scallops, New Wave Surf & Turf and Mixed Seafood Grill. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (93)great for outdoor dining (92)special occasion (81)romantic (54)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (22)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (6)Show More
- Nice seafood placeMarkdineDined on 6/18/2014Chart House in Fort Lauderdale offers relaxing outdoor dining with a nice view of the Intracoastal Waterway. Can't beat the view or the mood. The fish was excellent -- dishes were well conceived and nicely presented with subtle and engaging flavors. Well done to the chef and the staff. The experience stands in marked contrast with that of another Landry Group fish house -- McCormack & Schmidt. While Chart house is a gem, M&S has fallen into the mediocrity zone under Landry leadership. Too bad. But there's a nice model in Chart House should anyone at Landry be concerned about the mushrooming criticism that one-and-done diners have with M&S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!LadyDiverDined on 6/16/2014We had a fabulous time at the Chart House. The food was fantastic. We started off with crab cakes and calamari. Both fresh and great tasting. My husband and I both had seared halibut with lobster and crab topping. It was unbelievable. Our one grandson had crunchy coconut shrimp, which he loved. The other grandson had a seafood platter, which he too loved. For dessert we had key lime pie and chocolate lava cake. The chocolate lava cake takes 1/2 hour to prepare so you need to order it early. The best part was we were celebrating our grandson's 15th birthday and the Chart House made up personalized menus for us that said. "The Fort Lauderdale Chart House would like to wish Daniel a very happy 15th birthday". Great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the Chart House in Ft. Lauderdale. Food, service, and the view were outstanding. We've been to several other Chart House locations and always find the quality of each at the very top.Special Features:
- mntravelersDined on 6/15/2014Justin provided excellent service. Great view, excellent food options.Special Features:
- Never disappointsJazzybVIPDined on 6/15/2014This great restaurant never disappoints in food, service or views! It is consistently good and has a very friendly staff! Watch the yachts go by while eating outside & be comfortable-never too hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Our Father's Day visit was wonderful! We had party of 9 and the service we received was excellent. The short ribs and creamed spinach were a hit. The highlight of the meal was the molten lava cake :)Special Features:
- Loved the Bruch on Father's DayDiningisEverythingDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband to ChartHouse in Ft. Lauderdale for father's day. We enjoyed the brunch. The french toast were the best. I didnt enjoy the lobster omelet because it was way too well done to be an omelet. The view was spectacular. People on their boat would just dock at the side of restaurant and walk right in. Very nice ambience. Great bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!FortheloveoffoodDined on 6/14/2014this is my first time dining at this restaurant. I took my father there to kick off Father's Day weekend early. We were both very impressed with the ambiance, scenery service, and food. My dad said that he will definitely be taking a date there and I will definitely be returning as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Appetizers & ServiceLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 6/13/2014Notable service - waiter did not rush us and was friendly with a sense of humor. Appetizers were best part of the meal. Shrimp salad offered large shrimp that were very fresh. Other appetizers included scallops, gazpacho and chopped salad. All generous portions and delicious. Grouper was a bit over cooked, but swordfish was prepared well. Would return, as overall very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Less than expected for the costFineDiningFoodieDined on 6/13/2014When we entered the establishment the hostess had to ask us to repeat our seating selection and reservation two and three times due to the lounge singer being rather loud. Our server was very friendly and made numerous suggestions to enhance our experience. We ordered the trio hummus as the appetizer which was ok. Reminded me of hummus server by hospital cafeterias not real flavorful but very smooth. Our meals were equally bland. The Prime rib was slightly undercooked for medium, the potatoes were straight mashed with butter. The dynamite grouper was was fish smothered in a cream sauce. We won't be going back due to the price for the quality. Could have gone to the boardwalk for the view and the same food for a third the price.Special Features:
- HAM2Dined on 6/8/2014I THOUGHT THE RESTURANT WAS EXCELLENT. THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING AND THE FOOD EXCELLENT. WE ALL ENJOYED THE SCENE OVERLOOKING THE INTERCOASTAL AND THE MANY SHIPS THAT PASSED BY. I WILL HOPEFULLY GO AGAIN SOON.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible waterfront spotNene29VIPDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I dined here while on vacation. It was a 40 min drive from where we were staying but WELL worth the drive and we'd do it again in a heartbeat. We sat outdoors right on the water (literally the dock and the boat i could reach out and touch). The service was excellent. Our waiter had wonderful suggestions and we took most of them all to our liking, especially the incredible chocolate lava cake. This thing is to die for if your a chocolate lover! All the other food was superb as well. I had Fillet medallions and crab stuffed shrimp and my husband the New Wave surf and turf both excellently prepared and presented. It was well worth the price for the food, the atmosphere and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Love this place. Best view in Fort Lauderdale. Great food. Ordered the shrimp & crab fritters & the dynamite grouper. Service was very professional. I would definitely refer to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal. Really quite though.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Our anniversary celebration was great at the Chart. The only complaint I have is that it was just too quite. For a Saturday night, there was no a single person in the bar or lounge area and only about 8 tables. This was at 7:45! I hope they can generate more business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- forks1stDined on 6/7/2014the food overall was awful..appetizer was ok ...entrees in eatable...will never return...worst meal I've ever had in Florida & I am living here 28 years..Special Features:
- EhCasaDeCanineDined on 5/31/2014The food was average and the service was acceptable. Nothing fantastic for the price.Special Features:
- disappointingFLLdinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014took a while to get served. crab avocado stack and house salad were great. my entrée had mistake per waiter so we waited a long time since they were re-doing it but they didn't tell us that til we asked what was going on. my companion's dinner came out cold (not cool as tuna should be) and dry I assume from sitting out while mine was redone. He did not eat it. sauteed muschrooms were the best we've had. In fairness, they comped an appetizer and an entrée. but overall experience was really disappointing for what we've experienced here before. maybe an off night. waiter seemed new.
- Power OutageUnfortunateDined on 5/30/2014We ordered and received our beverages. Shortly after that the restaurant lost power. They did manage to serve our cold appetizer, which was delicious. However, the power never came back on ~ we were never offered any compensation for not being able to have dinner. We will probably not return to this restaurant.
- Always a treatClassydiningDined on 5/28/2014The Chart House is truly a 5-Star gem in every sense of the word, and is always on the top of our list for special occasions or just for a great leisurely lunch watching the boats go by! There is always exceptional service but just comfortable enough to make you feel right at home, where everything is perfect. If you are looking for great seafood, this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite in FT. LauderdaleOKICU812VIPDined on 5/28/2014I have found a hidden gem, right on the canal! The ambiance was quiet and the view of boats passing and beautiful houses added to the great experience, along with the clear view of the colorful sunset and great food. I've been to this restaurant 3 times now and I've confirmed they can provide a very positive experience, consistently. The cool breeze off the water made it very comfortable. I can't find anything of concern or dissatisfaction with this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tuna melted in my mouthMikeDCDined on 5/26/2014Excellent yellow fin ahi tuna dinner. Cooked perfectly. Always enjoy.Special Features:
- The following 1079 reviews are from the Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale reviews archive.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Great service, great food, great ambiance. Scenery was excellent. Other patrons in restaurant were quiet and respectable to others around them.Special Features:
- Major change in one yearJT77Dined on 5/25/2014In March 2013 my brother and his girlfriend visited from Indy and we ate here and had an excellent experience in all ways. In May 2014 it was like a completely different place. The only consistent parameter was the location. The service was ridiculously poor. We sat for almost 15 minutes waiting for someone to decide to be our waiter. We finally had to get up and ask. And the food was nowhere near the quality that it was previously. For $40 I expected the piece of halibut that I ordered to look pretty nice. It was flat, thin, and unimpressive. My colleagues dishes were similarly disappointing. It wasn't that the food was terrible, just wasn't worth the money. I would never pay those prices again for what we got.Special Features:
- Excellent food.HenryDined on 5/24/2014The food was outstanding. We all had the lobster bisque which was smooth with a wonderful hint of the sherry and, unlike most lobster bisques we've had, full of lobster pieces. Every entrée (salmon and the mixed seafood grill were equally good, including the sides! The service was a little inattentive. After the runners brought out the food, we were 2/3 done before the waiter came to see how everything was and we also had been out of water refills for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed!!secretdiner2VIPDined on 5/23/2014Friday lunch understaffed and food was not up to par !!! had basic hamburger very salty and warm. Chickhen dish was over cooked and my guest would not order again. not a good experienceSpecial Features:
- SlowO2B1Dined on 5/22/2014We got there on time for our 7:45 PM reservation and were seated a lovely table on the water. Our waiter took our drink orders and promised to return with bread. After a half hour of being ignored we grabbed a bus person and requested he find our waiter. At 9:30 we finally get the entrees. Some dished were cold and not worth the wait. He also forgot to bring the wine. When we complained he said that our food was delayed because we were behind two large parties, but the restaurant was almost empty. The manager asked about our experience on the way out about our less than satisfactory experience. He did not offer us anything to take away the sting of paying $230 sup-par meal.Special Features:
- VIPfoodyVIPDined on 5/20/2014we had a great evening at the Chart House. we arrived in time to enjoy a cocktail at happy hour prices in the bar, and the guy serving asked if we would like to see the dinner menu. After telling him we had a reservation already, he said he had seen my booking, and to enjoy drinks. We were later shown to a great table outside on the intra-coastal, where dinner was excellent. The same guy shook my hand as we left - well done to everyone - a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanDined on 5/17/2014They did not rush you. Waiter was great. Food was excellent. View was spectacular, we ate outside.Special Features:
- MothersDayPeaches080579Dined on 5/11/2014This was my first time dining here. I didn't have one complaint. Everything was marvelous. Every staff member I had contact with was super friendly. Our food was excellent (the entire table was tasting one another's dishes). I will definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone and I am sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for dinnerAustinDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant is on the intercoastal, so its a beautiful setting. The food however is mediocre, and the prices were extremely high for the quality of food. Our service was great. I would recommend the restaurant for appetizers and drinks, not dinner.Special Features:
- Needs improvement2kfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Can't compare to other Chart-houses I have visited. Rubbery shrimp, stale pasta, fatty prime rib. Only the view kept me from walking out early.Special Features:
- No second chances these days!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Server did her best and was trying diligently. The manager was beside himself as the rest of the team including the kitchen was horrendous!Special Features:
- POOR SERVICEserviceDined on 5/11/2014we went for mothers day brunch, and I have to say, if it weren't for the fact that it was Mother's day, we would have walked . The server who initially seated us, was attentive to the table adjacent to us, to the point where I had to ask a random server to attend to us. The initial server was at our adjacent table, hovering over them, making refills honoring requests at their beck and call. The only possible reasons I can reconcile for this behavior, is either race related, or the possibility of a larger tip from a table of approx 10, vs a table of two. In any case, unless this is somehow rectified, not only will I not return to the restaurant, but will negatively review this establishment everywhere I can.Special Features:
- chasnanVIPDined on 5/10/2014The food was excellent service was excellent view of the water was the best good place to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite restaurantkay2400Dined on 5/10/2014We love the Chart House and go as a family to celebrate special occasions and to enjoy the food and ambiance. It is great to watch the sun set over the intercostal and watch the boats dock as the owners stop to eat at the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentclaud1aDined on 5/9/2014Was a great experience, everything was perfect. Every one enjoyed the view, the food, the service. We will go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunset dinnerFoodieDined on 5/8/2014Nice evening sitting outside to view the falling sun. Service was very slow and the waiter forgot to bring crackers for our soup. The extra mustard sauce for our crab cake arrived when we were almost finished. They seemed to be understaffed that evening. It was a nice experience but up to the usual standard .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday by the SeaSMLMVIPDined on 5/4/2014We recently enjoyed a wonderful Sunday by the Sea with our Family of 8. Chart House management accommodated all our advanced requests including seating arrangements and welcoming our guests visiting from Scotland which made them feel special. We all shared appetizers of Fried Oysters on the Shell, Lobster Spring Rolls and perfectly cooked Calamari that had every guest scraping every last bit off the plates! I personally had the Mahi with Saffron Orzo which was tender and juicy full of flavor. Our guests all enjoyed their entrees as well which varied with only garnish remaining on most plates! The chocolate molten cake was great however we all got a good laugh when the Souffle dessert turned out to be mostly a pocket of air.Special Features:
- accommodating waiterFoodieDined on 5/3/2014My waiter volunteered to ask the chef to prepare the scallops as they were prepared on the previous menu. The chef accommodated the request. They were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRayalovesfoodDined on 4/30/2014Between food/and service, from the beginning to end everything about this place was phenomenal. Although it took a little while to receive the food, it was well worth the wait for perfection. My fiancé & I will be returning sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.