Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
456 South Ocean Blvd.
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: 5616591500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Quinn Alexander
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
Palm Beach's only premiere oceanfront restaurant.Continued
The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (70)special occasion (53)romantic (44)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (25)good for groups (19)great for brunch (12)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Lovely eveningDelrayJerryDined on 10/25/2014Charlie's is a great spot. Been several times and brunch is better than dinner, but both are good values. Many of the dishes are unique to Charlie's and nicely done.Special Features:
- Great everythingJerryDined on 10/25/2014Outstanding food service and venue I highly recommend this place!!Special Features:
- ConsistantRobertDined on 10/15/2014As usual, good food and good service. We have never had a bad experience at Charley's Crab.Special Features:
- Dinner with ParentsHodgesVIPDined on 10/11/2014Its usually the 2 of us and we sit at the bar. This visit we went to the dining room because my in-laws were with us. We had to select either a 5:00 or 8:00 when I booked the reservation yet when we got there the dining room was active but not full and 8:00 is a little late for them to eat. Service was fine but a little slow and appetizers took forever to come out (which was unusual). The seasonal pumpkin bread pudding for dessert was the highlight of the meal and evening--unanimously enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charley's CrabCharleysDined on 10/11/2014I was really hoping for a better dining experience. The food wasn't all that good for the prices they charge. The restaurant itself was nice, but I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend. There are far better restaurants in the area to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDisappointingVIPDined on 10/7/2014Always a great place to dine. The good ans service are consistently excellent. A must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoboKoppDined on 9/27/2014Very good value for money, serving quality seafood. Noise was a bit high but then again it seems all restaurants pipe in loud background music these days.Special Features:
- What a viewfoodie123VIPDined on 9/27/2014It is not often that a restaurant with such superb food has such a beautiful view. Most places with a view squelch in the food category but Charley's Crab does not. The service measured up , as well. Lovely place to dine and a rare find !!Special Features:
- Great place.ShatochatoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great selection on different sea foods. Which is why we chose this place. Will come back again when we visit Palm Beach.
- From Michigan Memories...MichiganGalDined on 9/26/2014I'm a Charley's Crab gal from a long time ago. I moved to Florida from Michigan over two years ago and was thrilled to see one in Palm Beach. We went for lunch with a 1:30 reservation on 9/26. It did take some time (20 min) to get seated at a table with the ocean view. The cod and veggies were delicious. My only disappointment was that the white wine I had with it was not chilled at all. Otherwise, good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastsider review from ManhattenRichie2timeDined on 9/25/2014Great Happy Hour and well made cocktails, The bar menu is outstanding and not expensive at happy hour. Nice view of the Ocean and friendly atmosphere with TV in corner for sports. The main dinning area is very nice with Ocean views, white linen table settings , Our waitress was attentive and helpful in making choices from a great menu. My wife did not choose from the Palm Beach Flavor menu but I did because of the salmon and stuffed mushrooms. My wife enjoyed the two large crab cakes and beet salad. All second course meals come hot on warmed plates, the wine selection is international ,so one can't go wrong on picking a favorite vineyard. Highly recommend Charley's CrabSpecial Features:
- Don't miss it!MaxineDined on 9/24/2014Charlie's Crab was a great find. We had a great lunch overlooking the ocean. Impeccable, friendly service and fabulous food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I was expecting …StMichaelsdinerDined on 9/22/2014The staff of my hotel recommended this restaurant without reservation. While it was good, dinner was heavy (too much oil in the fried food). Knowing what I know, I'd go a first time, but not again.
- 2nd time not as good as the firstPamelaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Our waiter was arrogant and we felt rushed. A few years ago we celebrated a different occasion at Charley's and everything was top notch. The food stayed consistent but the portions are smaller. My dinner plate was taken away before I finished my meal. We did not go to Charley's for a free birthday dessert but when the waiter offered he said only the creme brulee would be complimentary. We ordered and paid for a piece of chocolate silk pie. My thought is if you are offering a free dessert.....give a feee dessert (they are all priced about the same).Special Features:
- Lovely lunchDzooDined on 9/16/2014We tried this restaurant during PB Flavors 2014. Although you could also dine off the regular menu, we decided to try the special 3 course menu because the choices were so good and a great value. The flour less chocolate cake was perfect! Not too sweet but oh so chocolatey. The Parmesan crusted sole was nice and flaky. A big portion.Special Features:
- What went wrong?orthoVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went here before for excellent meal but not this time. Good appetizers but Pistacchio snapper dry as cardboard over tasteless pasta. Filet mignon was average and potatoes flavorless. GREAT soufflé for desert.
- DecentFoodTravelerDined on 9/13/2014Service was amazing and top notch. Got sat at a table in a corner where there was very little lighting so was a bit hard to read the menu. Food was good but not outstanding. The truffle lobster mac and cheese left more to be desired. Outside of the fish entrees there was limited variety in the seafood selection. Cocktails were delicious. Overall the experience made for a fun night out but nothing to urge me to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, not the Palm Beach experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Times have changed. There was a time when Charlie's Crab catered to more upscale clientele. This was my first visit in many years and I found that jeans and shorts have replaced evening supper club attire. So the ambiance is not as I remembered. The service was quite good. The food was good, not great or unusually upscale as it used to be. All in all it was a "nice" evening but not the Palm Beach experience it used to be.Special Features:
- babsDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, service, ambiance and valet. What more can I say. It was raining and the valet not only opened all the doors, as he should, but he held an umbrella over everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvlunchDined on 9/13/2014Stuffed mushrooms were wonderful. Service was excellent. The view is spectacular. Very nice lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Football Weekend StapleHodgesVIPDined on 9/12/2014We travel to S Fl frequently during football season and Charley's Crab is a staple stop for us--we try to get as much of it as we can during our visits since we dont have it at home. This most recent visit we sat in the outside/oyster bar which gives you unobstructed view of ocean and feels a little more casual--perfect for bar bites and cocktails. Food is always good and the "bar bites" was a new--and welcome-- development since out last visit! I worked at Charley's during college and will always be a devotee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter offensiveLynn411VIPDined on 9/12/2014We went to lunch at Charley's Crab for the Flavor of the Palm Beach promotion for the month of September. The waiter David was so offensive to us all that it made our lunch uncomfortable. The menu selections were very good and was enjoyed by all of us. The avocado crabmeat salad was plentiful and the burger was perfectly cooked. The 3 course lunch special including the gazpacho and coconut shrimp appetizers were delicious. The entree of Parmesan crusted sole was missing seasoning but was a nice portion. The chocolate cake was dense and thick. The beautiful ocean view was right outside our table. It was unfortunate that the waiter could ruin our ladies lunch by being so obnoxious.Special Features:
- Not as expectedbargainbrowserDined on 9/10/2014Selected restaurant based on $28 early bird special on website. Disappointed to see only 4 selections in 3 course special at $35. Server was not informed about website content. Did not care for server who seemed insincere and aloof. Our bread basket & plates were whisked away before our appetizer was served & I wrestled with her when she was reaching for my dessert plate before I had finished my key lime pie. My view of the employees standing around chatting and the annoying music did nothing for the ambiance. I don't choose an upscale restaurant to have my portions controlled by the server.Special Features:
- LuncheonLadyDined on 9/10/2014Food and service were delightful on the FlavorPB menu. Ambiance was fine spoiled by seating a man next to us who was disgusting in his attire and smelled positively like a sweaty unwashed bum off the street of a slum. I spoke to the hostess and asked that he not be seated near us as the foul odor was overpowering. She declined to seat him anywhere else in a relatively empty dining room. Spoiled a lovely meal with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerJohnDined on 9/9/2014Personalized menus, views of the ocean, delicious wine and great food. We started with the Dynamite Scallops and they were awesome! Served in the shell with a creamy, spicy sauce, I would return just for that! My husband was in the mood for Alaskan King crab legs and he was in heaven. I had the filet and lobster tail and both were cooked to perfection! Great service, Fantastic dinner! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFla2014Dined on 9/7/2014Our server Alice was great, very attentive and friendly, she answered everyone of our questions with detailand accommodated all of our requests... The manager Nora was very friendly and personable too. Thank you all, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charley's on the beach2puttDined on 9/7/2014Great food, service, and spectacular view ..will, be back soon, recommend the snapper hemingway, incredible salads, wait staff fabulousSpecial Features:
- Personalized service!Celebrating22yrsDined on 9/6/2014Celebrated our anniversary at Charlie's Crab PB. We were seated at a window table overlooking the ocean, as we had requested on our reservation. Much to our surprise the printed menu was personalized welcoming us by name & wishing us a happy 22nd anniversary. Service was warm and sincere from the valet, doorman, hostess and server. Food was excellent with abundant portions. The chocolate silk torte was exceptional! So glad we selected Charlie's Crab for our special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic gazpachocoateddiVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went with friends for Flavor Palm Beach month. Everything was lovely, the view onto the ocean spectacular but best of all was the gazpacho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth cheap price fix menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Food was not good on price fix menu, service was overwhelmed and mediocre at best. Had to ask for bread (forgot), and constantly water refills
- Charley's CrabfoodisloveDined on 9/3/2014" There i is no communication between the online reservation and the restaurant. So they did not know it was our friend's birthday and that I had dietary restrictions. Anyway, Suzi received a special menu with her name on it and a candle in her creme brûlée. We had the coconut shrimp, which was delicious and the other woman had a caesar salad with lots of anchovies, which she enjoyed. The main course was sole, which was parmesan crusted and delicious and a good sized portion for lunch. Being diabetic, they accommodated me with strawberries and raspberries for dessert. Had to ask for bread and received a wonderful basket of rolls, which I would have missed out on if not asked for. Service was fine but required asking for things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot for dining!jennric8Dined on 8/30/2014Food was overall nicely prepared. Special was a grouper fish with their special sauce of scallops mushrooms and sherry. Very good. Calamari was average but good. Martha vineyard salad was simple but good;not doused with dressing which is always a turn off. Server Alyssa was professional knowledgeable and attentive -but not overly so. I would recommend this restaurant . Bonus is the beautiful view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return!CharmedVIPDined on 8/22/2014Found Charley's Crab on Open Table and it turned out to be a gem! Bartenders kept us entertained while we waited. Food and service was awesome. They are on our "list" now.Special Features:
- Beautiful location, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014We had 8 of us for a business dinner. We loved the location looking at the water but the food was pretty mediocre. The key lime pie was the best thing we had that evening.Special Features:
- What's not to like?Ande213Dined on 8/16/2014Been dining here for many, many years. Usually for out of town guests to show off Palm Beach's finest location with the added bonus of friendly knowledgeable staff and great food. Been some changes over the years with Charlie's, but it is still a class act.Special Features:
- Overall pleasedPleasedVIPDined on 8/16/2014It was my wife and my anniversary (and my BD in 2 days) and we spent it with our best friends.The fresh fish specials were excellent and my wives angel hair pasta was excellent as well. Unfortunately our soups were not hot to start us of with. (lobster bisque) our waitress even said as she placed it on the table,(if its not hot enough let me know) . If you had an idea it wasn't hot, then why bring it in the first place I guess would be my question.She did bring them back hot and it was corrected. I had a seafood combo on linguine which was not up to par with this restaurant at all. It appeared the seafood in the dish were pretty small and not fresh at all. The sauce was ok but nothing special.Our waitress overall, was just excellent!Special Features:
- Palm Beach BeautyPamJDined on 8/13/2014Always a favorite place. If you are able to get a table by the window the view is beautiful. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we finally tried Charley'sBC219Dined on 8/12/2014We have been wanting to try this restaurant for a couple of years and finally made it. Food and service was great. They had a 3 course special for restaurant week that was fantastic for $25!!! Try the coconut shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014the service was great. the food was very good. would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 stars meal for 5 star pricePoolrunnerDined on 8/5/2014Food and service acceptable at a lower price point. For the $$ of this meal all should have been much higher in comparison to others at this level. Add in a flooded restroom and low battery fire alarm beeping and it just does not cut it.