9882 S. Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.peninsula.com/belvedere
- Phone: 3109752736
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am to 11:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am to 2:30pm;
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm to 10:30pm;
Brunch: Sunday - 11:00am to 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Codney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com or call (310) 788-2333 with any special event inquiries.
A word from The Belvedere
Offering modern American cuisine under the direction of acclaimed Executive Chef David Codney, The Belvedere has long been regarded as one of the finest restaurants in Los Angeles, with impeccable service and a sophisticated atmosphere. The Belvedere was recently voted "Best Hotel Restaurant in the Continental US and Canada" by the readers of Travel + Leisure magazine and the recipient of the AAA Five Diamond award for 18 consecutive years. While the main dining room has a capacity of 65 to 70, the Private Dining Room can accommodate parties of up to 20 people for more intimate gatherings. The beautifully landscaped patio allows diners to enjoy the California sunshine as well as the impeccable cuisine. Menu highlights include items such as the famed "Truffled Macaroni and Cheese" - Elbow Macaroni with Black Truffles, Hen of the Woods Mushrooms & Parmigiano Reggiano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Belvedere - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Belvedere reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (36)romantic (29)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (14)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- TOP-NOTCH SERVICE, AND GREAT FOODSeymoreButtsVIPDined on 6/22/2013We've frequented the Belvedere for a few years, and the service is absolutely top notch from the numerous restaurants we have visited all over the world. The servers are very attentive, knowledgeable, respectful and prompt, BUT you play a hefty premium for this service. The food is really fresh and good, too! They have an excellent filet mignon, and the truffles mac & cheese is wonderful. We are a couple in our late 30's, and we find that most of the patrons are mostly older to elderly, and there are very few young people in the restaurant, unless with their parents or grandparents. They also have a very vibrant bar scene next door. The decor of the place looks very 80's to 90's Golden Girls motif, but we love it for a quiet night out.Special Features:
- Awesome food, however, theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2013Awesome food, however, the ambience, specifically was a letdown from what we had anticipated, i give 5 stars for the food, 1 star for ambience, it's not a "wow" ambience experience, not like cut, drai's etc... more of a 60 + crowd.
- The Belvedere is among theGourmandsVIPDined on 6/16/2013The Belvedere is among the very finest restaurants in Southern California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2013peninsula ownership always promises something extra and this LA version delivers on all countsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed another exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2013Enjoyed another exceptional meal at The Belvedere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional meal! Food andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2013Exceptional meal! Food and service were perfect! Strongly recommend The Belvedere for breakfast, lunch or dinner! My favorite restaurant in Los Angeles / Beverly Hills!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belvedere is right among theGourmandsVIPDined on 5/2/2013Belvedere is right among the very best restaurants in Southern California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service, okay foodRSFTravelerVIPDined on 4/26/2013I've been here three or four times now over several years, and it is a consistently good restaurant. The appetizers were quite small portion wise but very tasty. Three of our party ordered the fish special and while the presentation was beautiful the taste was only average. Not bad, but certainly nothing special. My jidori chicken and lobster entree was delicious and I was happy I opted for that over the fish special. Service was over the top outstanding, and all of the desserts from chocolate soufflé to mint ice cream creation were fabulous.Special Features:
- Nice lunch for a friend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2013Nice lunch for a friend's birthday. They had her special menu printed and also a small chocolate mousse with her name and "Happy Birthday" on the plate in chocolate. Not cheap of course as it is the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills but all in all a lovely afternoon.Special Features:
- An afternoon of ElegancefoodieVIPDined on 4/15/2013Lovely presentation of food....but, way too much salt. Very pleasant waiter, think I have had this waiter before.....not stuffy. Great ambiance...menu needs a bit of a changeSpecial Features:
- Best Brunch I've had in LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/14/2013Best Brunch I've had in LA! Quiet, excellent food quality and a sophisticated Beverly Hills feel and crowd. Only small complaint is that there was so much on the table (when appetizers were served family style) that I found myself bumping my mimosa glass and almost spilled it.Special Features:
- food and service were perfect. WilOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013food and service were perfect. Will recommend and will go again.Special Features:
- RoyaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2013This was my second time here for brunch and it was better than the last. The food is amazing and you get more than what you pay for. The staff is amazing and the wait staff make you feel like royalty. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Musta been great...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/16/2013but it is very tired now. I am 60ish..and felt like the youngest person there ... by far. Needs updating...big time!
- Service was great, but foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Service was great, but food was ok. It was my first visit and I guess I expected little too much.
- Delicious dinner and excellent servDillyDined on 3/9/2013Delicious dinner. Excellent service. I had to change the way my Ahi was prepared. It was no problem. Extremely helpful in coming up with something that suited my allergies and diet. Nice and quiet. You could have a conversation with your friends without yelling. Will go back again this week.Special Features:
- Excellence for 20 yearsjdrcarVIPDined on 3/5/2013I have now been fortunate enough to dine at the Belvedere for 20 years. Although I only get to L A a few times a year (travelling from Orlando), the food and service are always exceptional. My March 5 dinner was no exception. Even more rare, the great food is not overpriced and you have a wide menu range. I know of no better restaurant in the U S. To travel to the L A area and miss it, is truly a tragedy.Special Features:
- One the best service in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/28/2013One the best service in town. Very good but not the best food in town. However, always a very enjoyable dinner as they use very good quality food products and the ambience is so nice. It's nice sometimes to just get very good food and excellent service instead of maybe great food and awful service and ambience. New menu has been updated and we are making way through and really enjoyed especially the trout and pork belly. They serve fantastic dim sum and bar food as well.Special Features:
- Belevdere the perfect experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013Is is possible to have an absolutely perfect dinner in LA- everything from simply parking the car to the best service in food anyone can ask for? Yes. Yes a thousand times over in Belvedere. The service and overall dining experience was beyond our expectations. The service was the best service we've had in over 10 years of fine dining in LA. It was consistent from teh second we sat down until the very end walking out. A unique complete combination of special attention (the waiters went above and beyond)an absolutely delicious meal, flowing champagne and the warmth of the ambiance made for a perfect night. I can't thank the waiters, the chef, the valet and hostess enough for such an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyed an exceptional breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/23/2013Enjoyed an exceptional breakfast at The Belvedere!Special Features:
- Enjoyed an exceptional dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/16/2013Enjoyed an exceptional dinner at The Belvedere! The food was excellent and the service was outstanding! One of the top restautants in town. Strongly recommend The Belvedere for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)GourmandsVIPDined on 2/14/2013We enjoyed one of the best "Sunday brunch" experiences that one can expect. Food, service and ambience were simply great!Special Features:
- Great food, attentive serviceN21PMVIPDined on 2/14/2013Great food, attentive service in this beautiful dining room. When it gets warmer, we need to try dining in the outdoor area.Special Features:
- One of the best meal we hadphilVIPDined on 2/5/2013One of the best meal we had in LA. Friendly yet very professional staff. Will go back!Special Features:
- will never go there..eOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013We had a very bad experience.we could not eat anything.only bread and butter.the rest of the food stayed on our played untouched nearly.four seasons was the best experience of all.it was a waste of time peninsula..
- Superb on every level! EntireOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/11/2013Superb on every level! Entire staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly. Our meals were outstanding and appropriately priced for the fabulous experience!Special Features:
- An absolutely elegant eveningfoodluvrVIPDined on 1/10/2013An absolutely elegant evening in every sense. The service was perfect, the food exquisite and we couldn't ask for more in terms of the wine list. LA is known for food, but this is the whole package in a setting that would be elegant anywhere in the world.Special Features:
- The Belvedere is an unusualOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/9/2013The Belvedere is an unusual beautiful and tastefull restaurant and has a very nice and attentive staff. But the food was not made with care and dilligence. The langustines were over cooked, the steak was tastless and the dessert was almost unedible as the taste of the lemon marengue was all wrong and had a direct faul taste.Special Features:
- New Year BrunchKoreanDined on 1/1/2013Beautifully appointed. Wonderful food! Took a while to get water and other drinks as we didn't want the champagne? Otherwise it was a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Possibly best restaurant inSHOPPER1VIPDined on 12/30/2012Possibly best restaurant in Los Angeles/ Beverly Hills. Extremely good service and extremely good food.Special Features:
- What stands out about thisHoopster95VIPDined on 12/27/2012What stands out about this restaurant is the service. It is truly superb but subtle. The food was delicious and elegantly prepared. Soft romantic surroundings. Ask for a table far from entrance to avoid bar noise.Special Features:
- Exceptional Service... GooddboyluckyVIPDined on 12/25/2012Exceptional Service... Good food... Great location!!!Special Features:
- We had a delightful luncheon.DisappointingDined on 12/19/2012We had a delightful luncheon. My daughter-in-law ordered an Oyster appetizer which she loved. Everything was delicious. The staff and service was quite attentive, and sweetly brought my daughter-in-law a menu scroll with Happy Birthday and a lovely desert. She was thrilled.Special Features:
- Warm and comfortable environmentclothVIPDined on 12/15/2012Warm and comfortable environment with attention to detail.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/15/2012Exceptional food and service! Enjoyed a fabulous birthday celebration dinner!Special Features:
- Not quite up to snuffDisappointedinMalibuVIPDined on 12/15/2012A slightly disappointing evening. For the first time in more than 30 meals at this fine restaurant, our server was mildly condescending and the food was very slow coming out of the kitchen. That said, the food was quite good if not quite up to their superlative standards. I wonder if they might have been understaffed. We shall go back and hope this was aberrant and not the new "normal" at this, our favorite restaurant for happy occasions.
- A PERFECT "10" ALL AROUNDOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/14/2012Every year my friend and I have our holiday dinner at the Belvedere and every year I continue to be impressed by the food, the staff and the overall experience. There are few places I would give a perfect "10" - The Belvedere is one of them. You are never rushed. The staff seem to anticipate your every need. We sat and had a cocktail at the table and the waiter brought menus just as the last drops were done - perfect timing. The manager Ramon was a perfect host and brought us some lovely desert wine to finish our meal at the end. We were the last couple in the room and the feeling we got from staff (without being told a word) was stay as long as you want. I love this place!Special Features:
- As with other visits, food,AJAYDined on 12/7/2012As with other visits, food, wine and presentation were excellent.Special Features:
- The Belvedere provides a niceFourDinersDined on 12/2/2012The Belvedere provides a nice Sunday brunch in Beverly Hills. The portions are good and the champagne keeps flowing. Certainly it is a great place for a special occasion such as a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceSantaFeRetireeDined on 11/23/2012Fantastic White Linen Table Service - seared diver scallops cooked to perfection, crab risotto creamy and nutty, grilled shrimp ceasar tangy and sweet, desserts and coffee worth noting - service was impeccable and unobtrusive -- great value for the quality of the food and the serviceSpecial Features: