9882 S. Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.peninsula.com/belvedere
- Phone: 3109752736
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am to 11:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am to 2:30pm;
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm to 10:30pm;
Brunch: Sunday - 11:00am to 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Codney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com or call (310) 788-2333 with any special event inquiries.
A word from The Belvedere
Offering modern American cuisine under the direction of acclaimed Executive Chef David Codney, The Belvedere has long been regarded as one of the finest restaurants in Los Angeles, with impeccable service and a sophisticated atmosphere. The Belvedere was recently voted "Best Hotel Restaurant in the Continental US and Canada" by the readers of Travel + Leisure magazine and the recipient of the AAA Five Diamond award for 18 consecutive years. While the main dining room has a capacity of 65 to 70, the Private Dining Room can accommodate parties of up to 20 people for more intimate gatherings. The beautifully landscaped patio allows diners to enjoy the California sunshine as well as the impeccable cuisine. Menu highlights include items such as the famed "Truffled Macaroni and Cheese" - Elbow Macaroni with Black Truffles, Hen of the Woods Mushrooms & Parmigiano Reggiano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Belvedere - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Belvedere reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (36)romantic (29)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (15)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Loved it.ArthurJacobVIPDined on 2/23/2014Rafael was wonderful - food, service, beautiful outdoor patio, equals an excellent and relaxing lunch. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but great servicelisaVIPDined on 2/21/2014portions alittle on small side and menu alittle out of the norm but great servers, pricey tho be preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014This is not my first time at The Belvedere, nor my last! A really high class restaurant, with excellent food and great service. A wonderful place to go for a special occasion, but not limited to such. Expensive, but you get what you pay for here! A delight to the taste buds and a restaurant where you'll be treated very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantGourmandsVIPDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant consistently tops our list of the fine dining restaurants in Los Angeles county. The food is great and so are the service nd ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014Appetizers were very good but main dish which included fish and stake were average.
- Consistently top-flightKensFoodFindsDined on 2/10/2014The tastes of everything from the amuse to the dessert are so well thought out & executed that this is my favorite special occasion restaurant. The day's special sweet potato soup was just the right balance of sweet & savory. The short ribs were braised to completely render the fat yet permeate the meat with unctuous flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed another excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/8/2014Enjoyed another excellent breakfast at The Belvedere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they pay attentionmartiVIPDined on 2/5/2014this is a wonderful restaurant for special occasions, I noted it was our anniversary in my reservation and they surprised us w/a delicious desert before we even had a chance to look t the dessert menu. It was a delightful surprise. The food, ambiance are special, and the service outstanding. I can't wait for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceChengVIPDined on 1/29/2014Amazing service and ambiance. This is the first restaurant we've seen where they'll put a napkin when they fill your water in case of splashes.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014The location of this establishment is on the border of Beverly Hills in what appeared to be a run down area of Santa Monica. The dining services were not available for reservation online & I was forced to make an earlier reservation. Once at the restaurant I was informed that the dinning service was not available & was told that I was welcome to come back in six hours if I wanted, well I didn't, no one in their right mind would. I used a Travelzoo voucher for the service, instead of honoring the voucher I was only offered the value that I paid for it, saving me nothing. I would not recommend this establishment unless you are staying at the hotel and you are looking for an expensive meal. The only nice part was the ambiance and live music.Special Features:
- The service was impeccable,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2014The service was impeccable, as usual, as was the food. I was hosting a meal to celebrate my friends' 20th wedding anniversary, and the staff helped with making the gift and cake a surprise! The food was outstanding, and the manager helped with perfect selection of wines to complement the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomejcoyDined on 1/19/2014My husband and I went here last Sunday to celebrate our six months of marriage. We had a 4 course chef's tasting menu for 2 (a Travelzoo deal). The service was great, the food was delightful. Overall, a very elegant and romantic evening. Just what we needed.Special Features:
- A must try for Sunday brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/19/2014A must try for Sunday brunch! Classy, elegant, amazing food, top notch service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambiancebabsDined on 1/12/2014lovely special occasion restaurant. tables far enough apart to allow conversation and accessability! nice service, great bar; altogether a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant room with courteousLive2eatDined on 1/8/2014Elegant room with courteous service. I had the Lobster Salad, which was excellent but would have preferred if it was served with some greens. The flat iron steak salad was enjoyed by my guest and I would order it the next time if I'm hungry for a bigger lunch.Special Features:
- Special night at the BelvedereBindyDined on 1/5/2014From the moment we arrived,we were made to feel welcome by the hostess. We stopped at the bar for a drink before dinner. The bar was full, but we were greeted by 2 wait staff after a very short time. The service at the bar was excellent. Wine was expensive, but worth it. Our dinner was delicious. The food was served hot. The short ribs were very tender. The service in the dining room was superb. This is just what you would hope and expect the dinner to be. The only small complaint, was that the desserts were only average. Thanks so much, to everyone at the Peninsula for knowing how to make a dining experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant overallGourmandsVIPDined on 1/1/2014We had a great dinner on New Year's day at the Belvedere. As always, we had the best overall experience of any fine dining restaurant in Los Angeles and Orange counties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the last month, I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/29/2013In the last month, I have enjoyed a fabulous dinner, brunch (including Peking Duck!) and breakfast at The Belvedere! Strongly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely, but very accommodatingMimiDined on 12/26/2013At these prices I was surprised we needed to ask for bread and, later, the dessert menu. Also, there was a long wait between courses. That said, the Belvedere Restaurant really is beautiful, and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Too noisy. Waiters runningAflealDined on 12/25/2013Too noisy. Waiters running and not paying attention to us. Verá expensive for the service they ofered. Do not recommend, at least for Christmas Eve.Special Features:
- Everything was exceptionalmtallVIPDined on 12/25/2013Everything was exceptional as usual. Our Christmas Dinner at the Belvedere has become a tradition. I was especially thankful to the hostess for securing one of the best tables in the Restaurant for us. It really made our Dinner special!Special Features:
- Christmas dinner?here24VIPDined on 12/24/2013Went to Belvedere for Christmas Eve dinner. Over half the tables empty, no entertainment, not even a Merry Christmas wish. But they did have a severely bloated and overpriced fixed menu meal to celebrate the holiday. Very nice service but totally wasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to focus on ServicechuckguptaDined on 12/24/2013We chose Fixed 5 course menu. It took more than 30 minutes to serve first soup course and it took more time than that to serve other subsequent courses. As a consequence after 2 hours we left with last 2 courses in doggie bag (:>?Special Features:
- Great foodbksatwhDined on 12/17/2013Went for an anniversary dinner with a TravelZoo coupon during the week. Food was delicious. Service excellent (except for they did not ask if we wanted coffee.) Attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Elegant!danpau98VIPDined on 12/15/2013Great for a special occasion. Very classy, great service, great food and presentation.Special Features:
- Served another table's food to us,NancyDined on 12/8/2013....late in taking and filling food order, drink order, request for more ice, request for dessert menu, delay in getting check to table. It was Sunday night....Special Features:
- Odd Food - Beautiful RoomSherylVIPDined on 12/6/2013I applaud this restaurant for providing a noise free, gorgeous setting where one can visit comfortably with friends - an all too rare opportunity. However my soup was inedible with a metallic taste. I sent it back but was charged anyway until I pointed out their error. My salmon was very good but covered with a foam that was tasteless but detracted from the salmon flavor. The bread was fine. Don't go for the food but do go for the beautiful setting.
- Special OccasionmarleneVIPDined on 12/1/2013We love this place. A little pricey but worth it. The food is excellent and so is the service. We always save this place as a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful Thanksgiving DinnerRestlessDiningVIPDined on 11/28/2013A ton of great food served family style for Thanksgiving with all the beautiful people of Beverly Hills. Really an outstanding evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2013Everything was outstanding - the ambience was a bit out dated for me, but still appropiate for the experience. We had a 5 course tasting menu, with a total of 9 different plates (the soup was the only pre-selected options and was delicious) - all were excellent. The only thing we both thought meh about was the Short Ribs - we have had better, but you should still give them a try. Everything else from the hostess to the after dinner coffee was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hit and missOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2013I came to dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday. I work in the fine dining industry so I have high expectations. The restaurant itself was very nice and our service was awesome. I got the 4 course tasting menu off travelzoo and I hope that that wasn't the reason the food wasn't that great. I feel like you should use the deals to get people in the door and then wow them so they will want to come back. Also I don't know if there were a lot of people there with the travelzoo deal or if they literally sat us all in the same section "like this is the travelzoo section". Our server was very nice very nice I don't remember her name and her back server was awesome! All in all we had a great night thanks for all the great service.Special Features:
- The quintessential spot forGenereauxDined on 11/11/2013The quintessential spot for a power breakfast or lunch meeting. Great service, amazing ambiance and satisfactory food. I wish there were more effort to have serious cuisine here. The corned beef hash was more like frozen hash browns with some peppers and a little corned beef mixed in. The croissants were tough and unspecial. The egg in the hole was tasty as was the eggs in white wine but nothing stood out here. Cannot beat the ambiance however as it is truly a graceful respite from the LA right outside the door. Prices are too high of course as you are paying for the luxury of the establishment.Special Features:
- Consistently Amazing!!!LuvtheYummyDined on 11/8/2013I moved further south about 10 years ago, but it is absolutely worth the drive from OC for this delightful place. On this visit we enjoyed the Truffle Mac and Cheese, Cobb Salad, Butternut Squash Ravioli and Filet Mignon. Every bite of every dish was a 10+. I often take a few bites and take the rest home, so I can try more items. This time was no exception but for the Butternut Squash Ravioli. I couldn't stop! Every bite of this yummy savory and sweet dish made me forget the topic at hand. I devoured it all rapidly. I consider myself quite a connoisseur of this dish, and this is my #1 choice on all coasts abroad as well as the U.S. This is the strongest most positive review I have ever given, and I am considered a harsh critic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If Only There Were More Like ThisMissRandRDined on 11/6/2013There are plenty of hot spots in Hollywood where the young, adventurous set can risk the night in a loud, boisterous environment while jumping velvet ropes and attempting to avoid what's called on the east coast the "bridge and tunnel" crowd. But where does one go for a sure bet when they want to experience reliable fine-dining in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere? The Belvedere. Great food, exceptional service, no-rushing even though it was almost 10PM when we arrived on a Wednesday evening. It's that simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mature CrowdmariosonsodoVIPDined on 9/21/2013The restaurant is lovely, service good and food is good, however, it is mostly suited for a more mature crowd (60+) so something to take into consideration if you are looking for a vibrant hot spot. It is a wonderful place to celebrate an event with family where you want the setting to be quiet and not loud.Special Features:
- A beautiful room can hideOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2013A beautiful room can hide many sins, but serving three courses in a record-breaking 25 minutes after being seated isn't one of those. This strange pacing, together with fairly uninspired if basically competent cooking and a frankly incoherent tiramisu made for a disappointing evening.
- Great ServiceMisaDined on 9/8/2013We went on a very quiet Sunday evening. Only two other tables occupied when we arrived and only one when we were getting ready to leave. Old school shiek with paintings and decorative wallpaper. Sergio was very pleasant and attentive. The short rib dinner was very tasty. Fall off the bone meat, nicely prepared carrots, and unique Japanese sweet potatoes. Crab chowder and rasberry sorbet rounded out the meal. I would recommend for a special occasion meal for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Champagne Brunch in LALACA4MEVIPDined on 8/4/2013European elegance, white dinner jacket waiter service, wonderful ambience and a 3 course gourmet, champagne brunch menu and possible movie star sightings. Nothing comes close to the Peninsula's "Belvedere" for Sunday Brunch in Los Angeles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- there is still elegance amongst us.CHIPDined on 7/20/2013there are very few elegant restaurants left in Los Angeles and this is definitely one of them. from the moment you enter the room you are treated like someone special. the waiters and waitresses are impeccable and quite helpful. the food was superb. I really enjoyed the short ribs. I had a cocktail before dinner and it was mixed perfectly. We have been there several times and we will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an excellent diningGourmandsVIPDined on 7/13/2013We had an excellent dining experience at the Belvedere. The lady waiting on us was exceptionally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.