3347 Fillmore Street
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yuzusf.com/
- Phone: 4157751873x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
Happy Hour: Wednesday through Sunday: 6:00 - 7:00pm. Friday and Saturday HH at the sushi or sake bar only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Options include on-site catering where we bring the sushi bar to you.
We are also able to prepare sushi and maki roll platters and deliver to your event (large quantities).
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties may include an hors d'oeuvres and cocktail reception, a sushi making workshop, sake tasting, and buffet-style dinner.
The entire restaurant or a portion may be reserved for group functions.
- Private Party Contact: Fred 4153096542x
- Special Events: Sushi 101 and 102 Workshops
Dates to be determined.
Sushi lovers will follow our Executive Sushi Chef along as he demonstrates creative sushi rolls and nigiri sushi. Enjoy the fruits of your labor with friends and other sushi afficionados!
$65 per guest. RSVP 775-1873.
A word from Yuzu
Our cuisine takes from both the Japanese and French traditions; we offer a broad selection of flavors that work together to create synergy on the palate. Whether it's a creative tartare or sashimi enjoyed with one of our specially designed sake flights, or a light starter like unagi tempura salad paired with one of our microbrews, the gustatory experience we offer will delight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yuzu reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (5)romantic (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing food but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/19/2011Amazing food but the service is not the greatest. I would definitely go back though.Special Features:
- The 2xSpicy and the one thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2011The 2xSpicy and the one that had New York Strip Steak stole the show.Special Features:
- Good food, never too crowded.GNOHeadmasterVIPDined on 2/4/2011Good food, never too crowded. Good cocktails and fun atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Fun place, tasty food! makeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2011Fun place, tasty food! make sure to get a reservation because seating is limited.Special Features:
- Great food and sake. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2010Great food and sake. Good service supplied by friendly staff taking good care of our wellbeing and satisfactionSpecial Features:
- I took my boyfriend here onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2010I took my boyfriend here on a Friday night date with a coupon from Town Hog. The place has a nice ambiance, dim lighting and nice interior design. The waitresses were friendly, but there seemed to be too many of them. There was always a different one at our table. That's fine except that they brought us our sushi before they brought us our appetizers and drinks. This ruined the whole flow of the romantic evening. Almost all of the food was horrible. The flavors fell flat. I just kept thinking about Tsunami and how I how I wished I was eating there. The drinks were also flavorless, and for $8 or $9 a pop, that was very disappointing. We ended up going down a couple blocks to Umami where we got sushi rolls and drinks which were much better!
- The tempura green beans aremskitty7499Dined on 11/17/2010The tempura green beans are wonderful-it's worth a visit just for them! Service good. My problem with Yuzu is the noise. The TV is blasting and every conversation can be heard, no matter where you sit
- Sushi was very fresh. We lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2010Sushi was very fresh. We loved the miso cod and infusion sushi roll. However, the service is very very poor. We got the wrong order of sushi roll. When I informed our watress, her response was OK. OK is unacceptable. We expected an apology right at that moment and an explaination to us what will she do to fix it. 15 - 20 min later the waitress came back with the correct order and apologized to us. I'll not go back to this restaurant.
- The TV I saw from drivingGNOPlannerDined on 10/29/2010The TV I saw from driving by THREW ME OFF as a Sport Bar "Uh-Oh!" BUT, the food was excellent! So surprised! The rolls were so creative, sensitive combinations and delicately balanced! I had no idea I would get this level of Sushi! I had booked for 7 ended up being 6, we were running late for a show, should've mentioned upon arrival. They take their time in there. very chill. Must try Fried Shiso and Uni! and the Roll with Scallops! WOWZERS! Top notch! Def. heading back to Savor more.Special Features:
- Sushi can take a while, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2010Sushi can take a while, but it's worth it. Very fresh fish. Rolls like the roundhouse with steak are different and tasty. Hamachi collar is mouthwatering. I go here often and the food is on point every time.
- The tempura green beans weremskitty7499Dined on 5/29/2010The tempura green beans were excellent-I'll go back just for that. Service was very good, attentive without being overdone.Special Features:
- Pretty high quality sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/15/2010Pretty high quality sushi. I liked the original delivery. Pricing not low but probably not too high. One thing I was surprised is that after my OpenTable reservation I called to ask something else and the person on the phone initially told me that they "wouldn't be able to sit us". only after I implied that I'd be forced to relay this to the manager and/or owner I was reassured a spot. Definitely a hiccup in service.Special Features:
- Went late on a Sunday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/25/2010Went late on a Sunday night and it was nearly empty. Food was good but lacked a wow factor. Server was very friendly, fast and helpful. Decor is sparse and when empty, boring. Would try again on a busier night to see if some buzz added to the experience.
- The food was good - a solidOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2010The food was good - a solid sushi restaurant with a vibrant scene, but unfortunately it took so long to order drinks, even sitting at the sushi bar ended up being a long dinner. We're picky when it comes to sushi, having lived for years in southern california, so we may not be doing this place justice. The food was good and we'd give it another chance, but the first impression could have been better!Special Features:
- Amazing Happy Hour Menu..mostjoyceeowenVIPDined on 4/10/2010Amazing Happy Hour Menu..most things $3-$4...dinner for 2 with large beers $47!!...will be back again and again...Special Features:
- The staff was very nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/5/2010The staff was very nice and friendly. Even though it was very busy they manage to fulfilled all our requests and check up on us from time to time. Will definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:
- I can't believe that YuzuOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/31/2010I can't believe that Yuzu has been open for three years, and we haven't found it until now. I really can't say enough about the menu, both in the range of items (hot, raw, sushi, appetizers), and in the quality of the food. We ordered 8 or 9 items, and every single one was very tasty. Their happy hour(s) menu was similarly excellent, and a real deal. Some standouts were the tempura fried green beans, the black cod, the salmon, the spicy tuna tartar appetizer, and the pink roll. Service was similarly excellent and attentive, especially since we had two young boys with us and getting the food out quickly is always a huge bonus.Special Features:
- Have been there twice nowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2010Have been there twice now for the wonderfully interesting rolls that are innovative and beautiful, but don't stray to far from the classic sushi flavors i crave. The fish is super fresh and ambience is classy but unpretentious.Special Features:
- We were looking for a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2010We were looking for a good sushi restaurant in the Marina. We were there on a Thursday night at 8 pm; the restaurat was very quite with only one other table occupied so not much energy in the restaurant. Service was very very slow for just having 2 tables occupied. The appetizer dishes (eggplant and mushrooms) were excellent but the quality fo the sushi was poor. It is a beautiful looking restaurant that seems to have a lot of potential - but the service and the quality of the sushi need to really improve.
- Great sake selection, fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/10/2010Great sake selection, fabulous fresh sushi. Make sure to check Sunday's happy hour with half price rolls.Special Features:
- The food is great and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/12/2009The food is great and they have a huge selection of sake, cocktails, and beer. Loved the different rolls and the mushroom-infused rice. My only complaint is that it can get pretty loud in there when there are other large groups because of the high ceiling.
- The sushi has always beenhohenlageDined on 12/4/2009The sushi has always been good here. My last visit was a bit off when I bit into a bone in the sashimi we ordered. Scary considering if you swallowed the fish and the bone lodged in your throat... Overall though I like the restaurant, but they do need to turn the heater on, the restaurant was freezing, brrr
- I love the food, the cocktails,SFMamaDined on 11/11/2009I love the food, the cocktails, the ambiance and the service. This is one of the few places in a city with too many options to count that I've actually returned to over and over. It's my favorite sushi place in the city!Special Features:
- A great locale sushi restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/7/2009A great locale sushi restaurant in a subdued environmentSpecial Features:
- I almost always overlook Yuzu,consistentVIPDined on 9/26/2009I almost always overlook Yuzu, with so many other sushi restaurants in the Marina. I shouldn't - the food is pretty good, much better than a lot of other places, and there is a great menu of sake. It's also a lot easier to get a table here than the always-crowded Zushi Puzzle or Ace Wasabi.Special Features:
- The restaurant was a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2009The restaurant was a nice little space on Freemont. Good sushi overall, very good service as the waitress/hostess sat us immediately and was always there to serve us. Fan of the fish, as it was very fresh that day.Special Features:
- We had a really yummy dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2009We had a really yummy dinner but I had said something to the hostess that it was my friends birthday and then actually we got the check before the waitress even asked us if wanted dessert, so needless to say she didn't bring out anything special for my friend. We waited a good 30 minutes for our food and then the server came to see if we were okay and we said we hadn't gotten out food, disappeared to then have our food arrive a good 20 minutes later. We had asked for rice twice and they never brought it. Then the check coming before dessert made us a bit annoyed.Special Features:
- Wow! Sushi to die for! TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/26/2009Wow! Sushi to die for! They are all so fresh and the rolls are so delicious & creative! The also have an extensive list of sakes and wonderful cocktails that are very different from other japanese restaurants! We were also pleasantly surprised that there are a good variety of yummy vegetarian and cooked food options for my friends who are not sushi fanatics! We'll definitely go back soon!Special Features:
- Absolutely gross. SeriouslyFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/7/2009Absolutely gross. Seriously bad food--basically tasteless. Sushi chefs not very knowledgeable or experienced. Service that was non-existent and when they finally responded after multiple requests was totally indifferent. The place has a weird vibe to it. There are so many great sushi places in SF, why bother with one that is so incredibly bad. Avoid this place. If I could rate a zero I would.
- We ate at "Happy Hour". AlthoughItellitlikeitisDined on 6/5/2009We ate at "Happy Hour". Although the prices for the food for the Happy Hour dishes were good, the quality of the food was so-so. I recommend ordering sushi from the regular menu. The quality of the fish was pretty good, but the size of the sushi was small. Order the Hamachi Kama (grilled cheek) Also, recommend ordering the Kampachi, Toro, and Uni.
- We LOVE Yuzu! The food isOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/6/2009We LOVE Yuzu! The food is inventive and very fresh. Love the presentation of many of the starters. Service is sometimes spotty...seems like they're stretched thin at times. With the addition of the happy hour menu recently, we're (especially) happy campers and will be back for more.Special Features:
- This is the best Sushi placeOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/31/2009This is the best Sushi place I've been to in a long time!!!Special Features:
- The night were there our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/5/2009The night were there our server was completely "lost in space" the whole night. She couldn't remember our drink orders even if she wrote it down; she suggested food on the menu only to come back to tell us that 1)it wasn't being served that night 2)they ran out of that order (we were there before the crowd hit, so how could they have run out of food). She even forgot one of our orders. The service staff needs better training and should be kept apprised of the evenings offerings. From reading reviews on this place, I had expected better quality food. The Spicy Garlic Edamame, though flaovorful, was overcooked & mushy. The hamachi, tako and toro sashimi were fresh. The Soft Shell Crab roll was soggy, not crisp, tasteless and sliced very thin.Special Features:
- amazing sushi!! get the rainbowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2009amazing sushi!! get the rainbow roll. nice ambianceSpecial Features:
- Best Japanese Resto we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Best Japanese Resto we've ever been on! We plan on going back there regularly.Special Features:
- I choose this location forOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2009I choose this location for Valentine's but for the life of me I can't figure out why? The decor is not as cozy as the pictures show, the food was good I'll give them that but when it was time to get the check I felt taken hostage. I asked our waitress for the chech but 15 minutes later, nothing so I flagged down a waiter who said he'd "try" not sure what that meant. 10 minutes after that our Valentine's mood was broken and I watched our waitress take 2 table orders, make 2 Mojitos and disapear into the kitchen. Finally I walked to the bar and grabbed the closest looking managerial person I could find. The waitress did bring our check after 30+ minutes with a side comment "I thought I had brought it already" no apology-bad, bad service here.
- The appetizers were mixedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/14/2009The appetizers were mixed at best. A lobster tempura was more tempura than lobster, and edimame was adequate. However, they more than made up for it on the entrees.The 2x rolls were absolutely spectacular,and truly did not require soy or wasabi. The sashimi was blazingly fresh and quite possibly the best sashimi I've ever had. The wine list needs work and the music was a bit loud and clubby, but overall worth the trip.
- When I arrived at Yuzu withpapayapantsDined on 2/13/2009When I arrived at Yuzu with my date, we really had no expectations. Sure, we had read good things about it on Yelp but we wanted to find out for ourselves. Once we were inside, the ambiance of the restaurant was very modern an very minimalist but still quite warm. Our server, Kendall was a total doll from the get go. She was very knowledgeable, attentive and had a very pleasant and warm personality. The food was outstanding. My date and I could not stop ordering. We were there for 2 1/2 hours. You could tell that the people who work at Yuzu have a great enthusiasm for the food which is probably what made it all taste so good. It had love. In short, this is the kind of place you don't tell your friends about because it's that much of a gem.Special Features:
- If you want a California Roll,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/7/2009If you want a California Roll, move along, you won't enjoy the food here. The rolls were creative and excellent. The sashimi melted in your mouth. The service was very friendly, but don't expect to eat and get the bill inside an hour on a Saturday night. This is the kind of place you go to sit and enjoy your food at a leisurely pace. If you're starving when you arrive, definitely order a couple of apps to tide you over. My only complaint was the temperature, bring a sweater as the space is quite chilly.Special Features:
- Yuzu was, as always, outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2009Yuzu was, as always, outstanding! The specials are never to be missed. The fish is fresh and flavorful. The rolls our outstanding in the mixture of flavors. They never miss. The fusion roll is my favorite, to be followed by the great white. This restaurant is not to be missed. My favorite sushi place in SF.Special Features: