3347 Fillmore Street
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yuzusf.com/
- Phone: 4157751873x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
Happy Hour: Wednesday through Sunday: 6:00 - 7:00pm. Friday and Saturday HH at the sushi or sake bar only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Options include on-site catering where we bring the sushi bar to you.
We are also able to prepare sushi and maki roll platters and deliver to your event (large quantities).
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties may include an hors d'oeuvres and cocktail reception, a sushi making workshop, sake tasting, and buffet-style dinner.
The entire restaurant or a portion may be reserved for group functions.
- Private Party Contact: Fred 4153096542x
- Special Events: Sushi 101 and 102 Workshops
Dates to be determined.
Sushi lovers will follow our Executive Sushi Chef along as he demonstrates creative sushi rolls and nigiri sushi. Enjoy the fruits of your labor with friends and other sushi afficionados!
$65 per guest. RSVP 775-1873.
A word from Yuzu
Our cuisine takes from both the Japanese and French traditions; we offer a broad selection of flavors that work together to create synergy on the palate. Whether it's a creative tartare or sashimi enjoyed with one of our specially designed sake flights, or a light starter like unagi tempura salad paired with one of our microbrews, the gustatory experience we offer will delight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yuzu reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (5)romantic (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- As usual, the food was terrific,Bob68VIPDined on 10/2/2011As usual, the food was terrific, but on this occasion there was a mix-up with our orders in the kitchen and the food came out very slowly and somewhat out of order. The waiter kindly comped our group with desserts to make up for the slow service.Special Features:
- We went early, had a seatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2011We went early, had a seat by the window and enjoyed our food. The wait person (a woman) was friendly and helpful and we enjoyed ourselves. We'll go there again!
- Unexpected Food FindSouthcityCAVIPDined on 9/25/2011Off the beaten path, Yuzu serves wonderful Japanese fusion. Your meal will be unexpected, fresh, well prepared, and exciting. Everything we ordered was delicious. Don't miss out on the spicy garlic edamame, Rodeo roll covered in cooked beef, and Bento Box dessert. We also enjoyed their sparkling sake. Service was attentive and courteous. This is a place I'll recommend to friends, and visit again!Special Features:
- The waitress went out of herOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2011The waitress went out of her way to be courteous, beyond what other restaurants' staff would have done. The menu was creative and I liked what I saw on paper!!!! Some of the flavors were so edgy, that it wasn't quite for me. But not to say that it won't for anyone else though. I also like the specialty cocktails. My first Shochu mojito was aweseome. The second missed the mark though, but waitress didn't charge us for it and made sure that we were satisfied. Valient effort, Yuzu!!Special Features:
- I eat here quite often andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2011I eat here quite often and even asking, they did not change the obnoxious electric metal hiphop music. There were many customers that evening that complained and nothing was done.
- Another place that was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2011Another place that was recommended to me on my recent trip. For me this is JUST a neighborhood place to get sushi, not a sushi destination. Nothing special at all. If your planning a night out and are looking for something amazing, this isn't the place.
- My experience at Yuzu wasskinneemonkeyVIPDined on 8/27/2011My experience at Yuzu was superb. Great service, amazing food especially dessert and great music set the scene for our meal. Their creative rolls were quite delicious. Their dessert selection made it hard to just pick one.Special Features:
- Loved this place. EverythingAliasbabsVIPDined on 8/20/2011Loved this place. Everything was perfect. We were very early, before it was open and they let us sit and have a drink while they set up. Food unusually good!Special Features:
- Get the TOFU!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2011We had a great time at Yuzu! They have awesome HH deals - the fried TOFU is KILLER! Make sure you let it cool off a bit though!:) Our server was also very nice - which made the experience even better. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Slow service. Tight tables.JEMPVIPDined on 8/12/2011Slow service. Tight tables. Even difficult for servers to make their way between chairs to serve the food when it finally did arrive.
- Small and fabulous. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/20/2011Small and fabulous. Great sushi. Wonderful sake selections with knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- Pros: Great ambiance. DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2011Pros: Great ambiance. Delightful service. Cool location. Pretty food. Scallop appetizer was delicious. Yuzu cake was outstanding. Cons: Relatively limited menu and sushi options. The scallop appetizer was great, but the scallops themselves were very small and since there were only a few of them there wasn't much to it. The sushi, sashimi, and rolls were a little disappointing...Don't get me wrong, they were good, but I expected everything to be substantially better. In my opinion, the flavor just wasn't there. All in all, I think Yuzu has TONS of potential and I really hope it does well. I loved the vibe, ambiance, and staff...But unless they liven up the food, unfortunately I'll just go for drinks next time.Special Features:
- the menu is limited therefore,disappointingVIPDined on 7/7/2011the menu is limited therefore, food is acceptable. Service is sporadic and at times very slow as we had to wait for simple order of sashimi and sushi for over 30 min in the middle of dinner course.Special Features:
- My first visit and will notBob68VIPDined on 6/30/2011My first visit and will not be the last. Specializes in sushi and sashimi, a few other Japanese dishes. Everything was excellent. Friendly waitress made recommendations, which were all up to the billing.Special Features:
- Super noisy, limited sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/26/2011Super noisy, limited sushi rolls. I will not go back.
- Food was excellent very freshOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/26/2011Food was excellent very fresh and not the typical sushi place menu. Dishes presentation was very nice and inviting.Special Features:
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/22/2011Started out good - easy parking in the Marina! Place is small, nice bar and decor. Food was great - had a veggie sushi roll which was pretty tasty. Tonkatsu was good and also had the eggplant and agedashi tofu. Had a regular sushi roll which was different, but still good. Service was good. Overall had a good time - recommended!Special Features:
- Very tasty sushi artfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2011Very tasty sushi artfully presented. Kind of expensive for the portion sizes. Difficult to find parking on the street.Special Features:
- Great Japanese Food in the MarinaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/20/2011Great / creative Japanese food, hip atmosphere, attentive service--highly recommended.Special Features:
- There were two chefs at theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2011There were two chefs at the bar, but it seemed that the only one chef was working busily, and the other chef(?) was not doing much. Naturally, the service was slow; we had to wait for a long time to have our food. That said, everything was delicious. Most of the dishes were original and good both in flavor and presentation.Special Features:
- Cool, relaxed, yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/23/2011Really a cool, relaxed place with all kinds of yummy fish, meat, and sushi. The sake flights (3 at a time) are fun to sip as well.Special Features:
- Tasteful decor setting theSusanRoAneDined on 4/22/2011Tasteful decor setting the tone for ambiance. Delicious food, beautifully presented.Special Features:
- The services are very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2011The services are very good. Sushi rolls are a little bit of the Asian Fusion style and different than the traditional ones. This is better than some other restaurant down on the same street with its prices. :)Special Features:
- Delicious sushi! Excellentkfee2123VIPDined on 4/21/2011Delicious sushi! Excellent quality fresh fish. Ineresting, unique delicious rolls. The wait staff has always been so nice, patient, and helpful everytime I've been. Love this place =)Special Features:
- Tasty, Creative Japanese.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/16/2011We really liked Yuzu and are happy to know about it. Their menu is much more varied than your normal Japanese restaurant, and the creativity, execution and presentation were much appreciated. The waitress was a sweetheart. There's is a wine/beer/sake bar with unusual cocktail offerings but we found them to be quite weak and flavorless. But overall, a great little place--we'll be back!Special Features:
- Our experience at Yuzu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2011Our experience at Yuzu was a mixed bag. The menu was interesting and the food was tasty, however, everything we ordered were a bit too salty or too sweet. The waitress was wonderful, but when we arrived, there were several wait staff that pass right by us without even looking at us, we waited at the podium for almost 5 minutes before one of the 3 wait-staff greeted us. The couple that came behind was well received. I didn't like that.Special Features:
- When I want sushi in Sf IOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/9/2011When I want sushi in Sf I go straight here. I love this place. Foods delicious and staff is great.Special Features:
- The spicy edamame was a hit.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2011The spicy edamame was a hit. The spicy roll with tuna and salmon with the sliced jalapeno on top was my favorite. The soft shell crab roll was fresh and delicious. The wine and beer list was extensive; I had a glass of the chenin blanc - very good. The only miss was they were sold out of the miso cod so we had the miso eggplant instead; the miso paste was a tad too sweet for my taste. Our server was friendly and the service was excellent. I'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- A Yuzu repeat customer !OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2011We were very pleased with our dinner at Yuzu. The sushi dishes were original, and the creative combinations were delicious! The Mushroom Infused brown rice was diffrent and full of flavor. Ate everyone of the Spicey Edamame, so much better than plan edamame. Loved the Creme Brulee Trio desert, and the Mochi Samplers ! The beer selection was great with Japanese beers we never heard of. Our waitress was very knowledgeable, prompt, and courteous. I feel quilty because we had a coupon and I forgot to tip her on the total amount before the deduction. We will go back and I'll make sure to double tip her!Special Features:
- Great fresh sushi and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/8/2011Great fresh sushi and the hostess was very accommodating to out ever-changing party.Special Features:
- The best sushi in the city!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2011The best sushi in the city! I love how the chefs have created rolls that are not ones that you will see in other restaurants. I highly recommend the Fusion, Mayhem and Threesome rolls! They simply melt in your mouth! The tempura green beans and the salmon tartare are both delish! The service is amazing! The staff recognizes you and treats you like family!Special Features:
- My Wife and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2011My Wife and I enjoyed the food very much. Excellent service for a sushi bar! Had approximately a 5 minute wait from the time of the order till the first appetizer was served! The plates kept coming at a steady pace till we were stuffed! The waiter was very attentive and made sure all was good throughout the meal. There was an Uni/ Scallop sushi with a single pomogranite seed that combined for a wonderful flavor sensation. We will definately go back!Special Features:
- I took my 2 sons, ages 12OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2011I took my 2 sons, ages 12 and 9 to Yuzu. It was our "big night out" in San Francisco! We had a waitress who was also a teacher, and was especially attentive to my kids. They loved the food, and so did I! Great spot!Special Features:
- We had a very enjoyable timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/7/2011We had a very enjoyable time a very comfortable dinning room. Sushi was execellant.Special Features:
- High quality food and yetOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/7/2011High quality food and yet reasonably priced for what you get. We went on a Thursday night and service was quite slow, probably because the place was packed.
- This was my first experienceDisappointedVIPDined on 4/7/2011This was my first experience and occasioned by the offer of $50 for $25 from Open Table. We had great service, great food and a fabulous waitress - KD. I'd go back. But, I'd nor recommend kids. We endured a screamer.Special Features:
- Great Sushi and good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2011Great Sushi and good service, fun atmosphere, would come back againSpecial Features:
- food was pretty good; somecrash2348Dined on 3/31/2011food was pretty good; some fried flakes on the special rolls were unnecessary. pumpkin tempura was great. premium sake wasn't worth it--just get the regular hot sake.
- This was a rough dinner asAnonDined on 3/19/2011This was a rough dinner as sushi was the craving. Price wasn't bad if it had been a good food experience. Fish was bland. Overuse of the searing torch and overall just a sub par sushi expeience.
- A true sushi gem in SF.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2011Every plate that was set in front of us was a piece of art. Not only did it look good, it tasted delicious. Chef Ken is truly a master sushi chef with his artistry and creativity. We also did the sake sampler. What an eye opening experience. So smooth...and each one so different. We decided to try dessert per owner John's recommendation. We had the Yuzu cake. That was really good and different. A restaurant that is a MUST EXPERIENCE!Special Features: