Ivar's Salmon House
401 NE Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Salmon House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: 2066320767x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday – Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
9:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 9:30 am - 10:00 pm
7 days a week!: 3:00 pm to Close
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Anderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 180-degree views of Lake Union will set the stage for your spectacular private event at Ivar’s -- truly the heart and soul of the region. Whether you’re celebrating an intimate wedding or planning a rehearsal dinner, Ivar’s offers the best of the Northwest!
- Private Party Facilities: We specialize in preparing fresh and wild northwest seafood over our alder wood fire, creating menus that distinguish us and go far beyond ordinary. Our accomplished and professional staff is here to see to your guests' every need. Allow us to create a memory that will last a lifetime.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Manager 2066320767
- Entertainment: Come enjoy brunch, lunch, dinner or happy hour! Dine on Chef Anderson's fantastic menu and your favorite beverage from the “Whale Maker” lounge!
- Special Events: Ivar's Salmon House invites revelers to ring in the New Year like never before!
When: Dec. 31, 9pm - 12:30am
+ Exquisite dinner buffet, including two drink tickets
+ Live entertainment and dancing with EJ Chrissy Williams
+ Holiday party favors
+ Complimentary Champagne toast at midnight
+ Views of the Space Needle Fireworks from across Lake Union
Dinner buffet to include:
* Carved Prime Rib
* Alder Grilled Chicken
* Alder Grilled Salmon
* Oyster Shooter Bar
* Jumbo Prawn Shoots
* Chilled Crab Legs
* Grilled Vegetables
* Artisan Meats, Cheeses & Breads
* Assorted Salads and Fruit
* Assorted Pasta Dishes
* Decadent Dessert Buffet and Chocolate Fountain
* And More
Seating is limited. To reserve, call (206) 632-0767
For full menu listing and wine pairings visit:
A word from Ivar's Salmon House
Ivar's Salmon House is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit Native American-style barbecue for preparing succulent alder-smoked entrees. Here, in a setting filled with Northwest native artifacts and historical photographs, you'll enjoy memorable meals surrounded by spectacular views of boats cruising on Lake Union with the city skyline in the background. Favorite daily entrees and fresh-sheet selections include alder-smoked salmon, prawns, alder-smoked chicken, and seasonal seafood specials. Don't forget our lavish Sunday Brunch, a well-loved family tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ivar's Salmon House reviews from OpenTable diners
307 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (255)great for outdoor dining (168)special occasion (153)good for groups (126)great for brunch (84)great for lunch (83)kid-friendly (78)neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (57)romantic (55)hot spot (20)late-night find (15)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Great but the serviceseattleite11VIPDined on 7/16/2014Service was not great but everything else was. Maitre'd was rude, I couldn't figure out why. We didn't get a waitress for 15 mins (which is a long time for lunch time), I asked the bus boy/water person to get us the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my fave places for 40 years.DinerInsiderDined on 7/15/2014Excellent food, wonderful views. Lovely creme brule for my mothers birthday. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite brunch in SeattleAspieFoodieDined on 7/13/2014There are several good brunch places in Seattle. This gets my "favorite" vote because of the ambiance, the food selection (a huge variety of things I like to eat), the view, and the cheerful and helpful wait staff. Compared to Salty's on Alki, it is less "fancy" -- fewer flower arrangements and the decor is more rustic and reflective of native American traditions. Salty's might have more dessert options, but Ivar's Salmon House has more variety in fish, including (on my recent visit) fillets of salmon and cod, a couple of casserole-style offerings, a mixed shellfish dish, sushi rolls and even their own brilliant fish 'n chips. I also enjoyed a delicious custom-made crepes, right next to the custom omelette station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoicesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014The brunch was excellent and vast in choices. We enjoyed being outside on a beautiful day!Special Features:
- Can't top the view!!!SeeFoodDined on 7/13/2014Sunday brunch on the deck watching the boats go by. We always come in on our boat. Ivars has a new dock and it is top notch. But the brunch variety is what really makes the day. Super good standard brunch fare + their hallmark seafood specialties. You haven't had salmon until you have it salmon house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, popular dining spotMichtoVIPDined on 7/10/2014The view is outstanding and a good reason to visit this restaurant. Their Chinook King salmon is incredibly fresh. We also ordered Taste of the Northwest which is a sampling of fish that includes very tasty crab cakes. I was impressed by the great service in such a crowded restaurant; hostess, wait staff, and kitchen. The only drawback was the throngs of people coming and going at this popular restaurant. A window seat helps you forget you're dining with so many others. If you can get it, I recommend the corner window because you feel like you're sitting on the bow of a ship with an unobstructed view of the water.Special Features:
- WhitekingsalmonDined on 7/10/2014I took two Seattleites to Ivars for lunch as they had never visited there before. We all had excellent food and service. Waiter Chris was informed about the history of the white king salmon ( very interesting story) and was a great server. Both friends enjoyed the great outdoor dining and will return. The only suggestion would be to increase the size of the umbrellas or have them be adjustable to protect al of the guests at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014Parking is an issue, allow time to find parking before your reservation. With free valet I would go more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable Northwest FavoritetrinacriaDined on 7/8/2014We are long time Seattle residents and have enjoyed the various Ivar's for more than 40 years. We celebrated my sisters birthday at the Salmon House on Tuesday. The food, ambiance and view were great as always. however, the service was mediocre at best. We had to ask our server (young man) for our first serving of bread to accompany our appetizer and sweetener for iced tea twice. He was not THAT busy, but the order was delivered by another waiter and we did not see him again until a lukewarm inquiry about dessert. He did ask about a second round of drinks for some and did bring the bill promptly. We decided to have our family photo taken by another guest at an adjoining table since he was not to be found!Special Features:
- Seafood with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent service, good food, great location lots of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid fish jointfoodgoodDined on 7/7/2014A wonderful Seattle staple. Don't bother with the various walk ups, take the time for the sit down experience and enjoy the view across Lake Union. However, avoid the fish and chips, which were bland. Management was gracious enough to remove it from our bill....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, great foodwormluvs2boatDined on 7/7/2014We took out of state family here for lunch. Lynn was our server and she is the most amazing wait staff I've ever experienced. She knew it was a special occasion and she went all out!! The scenery is fantastic with boats, paddle boarders, kayaks and float planes coming and going. The genuine Native carvings and art are lovely as well. It's so nice that a "tourist" spot is also high quality food, service and respectful to the culture it celebrates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for SalmonJanineDined on 7/6/2014The building is spectacular and very true to Native American roots. Service was attentive and knowledgeable. The view...killer! The salmon was the star, perfectly cooked and so fresh. Everything was great.Special Features:
- MiriDined on 7/6/2014We were able to be seated at the corner table to enjoy the view and activity of the boating world. Waitress was most accommodating and we enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We were told to get a table at the window. We had a table near the door with a view on the umbrellas on the Terrasse. The server forgot our food which was not any more hot when it arrived late at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar view at Ivar's Salmon HousefoodiecatDined on 7/5/2014This is a fabulous place to take out-of-town-guests. The view of Seattle's skyline simply cannot be beat. And watching the sail and power boats heading toward the Montlake Cut is very pleasant. I took my cousin who was visiting from Illinois here and her first comment was, ""Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore!" She was thrilled. The service was also wonderful and very accommodating. And our fish salads were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and foodTopDawgDined on 7/3/2014If you can get a window seat or sit outside on the porch you have a nice view of Seattle and all shapes and size of boats passing by. Salmon always a good choice and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ViewBrianRDined on 7/3/2014A simple measure of service is water. We had to ask for a refill. Steak was ordered rare, came medium (refired, alderwood cooked, tasty). Wide variety of alderwood cooked salmon. If the weather is suitable wait for outdoor table. Good for special occasions and a "Seattle experience" for tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodLowellDined on 7/2/2014A group of seven of us dined at the Salmon House, all of us having dined there many times before. We all enjoyed our entrees, the service was great and the experience all together pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014As we expected, our dining experience at the Lake Union Ivars was good. The salmon was a bit overdone, but know it's difficult to turn perfect salmon out in a large restaurant.Special Features:
- Charming but PriceyDavid813GDined on 6/29/2014Upscale rustic with many lovely pieces of Northwest Indian art, Ivar's Salmon House is a fine place to take out-of-town guests for a special dinner. We had excellent service. As you might guess, they serve a lot of seafood--including, of course, salmon--supposedly prepared in traditional ways although the fanciness of the food inspires a bit of doubt about that. It's quite expensive, though. With gratuity, the bill for our party of seven came to $324.00--nearly $50 per person. Definitely a special-occasion splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch by the ship canalCazgrandcruDined on 6/29/2014We were in Seattle for a meeting and remembered this spot from earlier visits. They were only serving brunch - but what a brunch? We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the assistance of very friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:
- Family Feast location.URHODined on 6/29/2014Wish Ivar himself was still living. I could say to him "why don't you tune your guitar" just like my father did from the early 30's to 1975. A great living legacy to the memory of Ivar Haglund.Special Features:
- Best Classic Louie31PattyDined on 6/28/2014I stuck with the crab louie and hubby had the shrimp louie. We've been looking all over the NW for a good louie and knew without doubt Ivar's would be the answer and they were. I haven't found better in over 50 years. Service was excellent. Far above and beyond. Casual dining, noise level tolerable. Patio and outside seating first come/first served but we managed a table near a window, still with a stellar view. I would recommend any of the Ivar's restaurants. Especially in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved my experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a group of 6 people dining at Ivar's and all of us loved our experience. Even though we made a reservation for 7:30 and did not get seated until 8:30 we were very happy with our experience. The manager came to talk with us about how busy they had been that night and bought us all a round of complimentary drinks while we waited. I would recommend the food and service to anyone.Special Features:
- Seattle FavoritePAKettleDined on 6/27/2014We have been coming here since 1998. It is one of out favorite restaurants in the area-just wish they had more parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brother sister lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014We had a great time, the food was good and the view was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivar's on the waternwnoniDined on 6/27/2014Food is very good. Prices are reasonable. View is outstanding and interior of the restaurant is wonderful. I always enjoy going to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome food, but awkward seatingLoveh2oDined on 6/26/2014Had the most amazing salmon here. Highly recommended. All of the food was to die for. Only complaint was the awkward table I was sat at. As a party of two, we were shoved in a corner next to two long tables (used to host larger groups) and I constantly felt in the way and very awkward, like I was blocking in half of the other table. Plus with so many people right next to you, it was rather loud. The dining room is so large that it is loud overall, but those large groups less than a foot away made it even louder. Definitely would return, just hoping for better seating next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentjansDined on 6/25/2014brought out of town friends for Ivar's "famous" fish and chips.I was totally embarrassed as the halibut fish and chips consisted of a large plate of fries with two tiny sticks of halibut, good for about three bites. Basically we each paid $ 16.00 for a large plate of fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been awhile.redmondtechDined on 6/25/2014I frequented Ivar's Salmon House many years ago. Today it is vibrant and the food is surprisingly excellent. Good job, Ivar Haglund.Special Features:
- Daisey98Dined on 6/25/2014brought 6 of my girl-friends, and they loved loved loved it! - We ate outside, had a fabulious view, so much goes on in the water, not to mention the food. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Good overall exp, however, my wife would have spit out several bites of her item if she had known the people we were with better. WAY over salted, you could feel the chunks of sea salt. She thinks it must have gotten salted at least 2x if not 4x! Other items were fine.Special Features:
- Great view but disappointing Foodtall66Dined on 6/22/2014The setting of this restaurant is one of the best in Seattle with Lake Union and the cut just outside your window but unfortunately, the food does not match up. My wife and I came here for Brunch and with the exception of the Omelet and Crepe bar, the rest of the food was either cold, overcooked and just not tasty. In addition, I am not big on dessert bars but this one was really small and to make it look bigger they laid out very thin slices of cake and placed about 40 plates all around to fill up the table. Very disappointed as in years past, the quality was soo much better.Special Features:
- Ivar's Brunch BuffetKathleen1Dined on 6/22/2014Brunch buffet was wonderful. Excellent attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish, great viewjmtoDined on 6/21/2014We had a wonderful meal, and since I requested a window table on Open Table, we had a terrific view of the busy marina. It was a pricey dinner for 4 (3 apps, 4 entrees, 3 drinks, 1 dessert + tip=$250) but we'd do it again--we had a lovely evening. Recommend the alder-cooked halibut. We were visiting Seattle and drove our rental car from Capitol Hill, drove through the U of W and parked across from the restaurant-a pleasant, easy trip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great as it always has been, we have been dining here for 40+ years. Very pleased with the dining, did have to get lucky to get a parking spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle traditionKennethDined on 6/21/2014A must for your Seattle visitor guests. Great ambience, view, food and decor. A Seattle landmark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerbeganDined on 6/20/2014The food was great and the timing of the food was good, service a bit slow-- the wine list needs updating and need more options.Special Features:
- Well taken care ofPattyDined on 6/20/2014My group was very pleased with the food and service. We had a lot of catching up to do, so we sat for several hours. Nobody rushed us. It was wonderful. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.