Ivar's Salmon House
401 NE Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Salmon House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: 2066320767x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday – Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
9:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 9:30 am - 10:00 pm
7 days a week!: 3:00 pm to Close
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Anderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 180-degree views of Lake Union will set the stage for your spectacular private event at Ivar’s -- truly the heart and soul of the region. Whether you’re celebrating an intimate wedding or planning a rehearsal dinner, Ivar’s offers the best of the Northwest!
- Private Party Facilities: We specialize in preparing fresh and wild northwest seafood over our alder wood fire, creating menus that distinguish us and go far beyond ordinary. Our accomplished and professional staff is here to see to your guests' every need. Allow us to create a memory that will last a lifetime.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Manager 2066320767
- Entertainment: Come enjoy brunch, lunch, dinner or happy hour! Dine on Chef Anderson's fantastic menu and your favorite beverage from the “Whale Maker” lounge!
- Special Events: Ivar's Salmon House invites revelers to ring in the New Year like never before!
When: Dec. 31, 9pm - 12:30am
+ Exquisite dinner buffet, including two drink tickets
+ Live entertainment and dancing with EJ Chrissy Williams
+ Holiday party favors
+ Complimentary Champagne toast at midnight
+ Views of the Space Needle Fireworks from across Lake Union
Dinner buffet to include:
* Carved Prime Rib
* Alder Grilled Chicken
* Alder Grilled Salmon
* Oyster Shooter Bar
* Jumbo Prawn Shoots
* Chilled Crab Legs
* Grilled Vegetables
* Artisan Meats, Cheeses & Breads
* Assorted Salads and Fruit
* Assorted Pasta Dishes
* Decadent Dessert Buffet and Chocolate Fountain
* And More
Seating is limited. To reserve, call (206) 632-0767
For full menu listing and wine pairings visit:
A word from Ivar's Salmon House
Ivar's Salmon House is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit Native American-style barbecue for preparing succulent alder-smoked entrees. Here, in a setting filled with Northwest native artifacts and historical photographs, you'll enjoy memorable meals surrounded by spectacular views of boats cruising on Lake Union with the city skyline in the background. Favorite daily entrees and fresh-sheet selections include alder-smoked salmon, prawns, alder-smoked chicken, and seasonal seafood specials. Don't forget our lavish Sunday Brunch, a well-loved family tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ivar's Salmon House reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (255)great for outdoor dining (166)special occasion (153)good for groups (127)great for brunch (85)great for lunch (83)kid-friendly (79)neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (60)romantic (55)hot spot (20)late-night find (14)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had a very good salmon dinner at a window seat .Special Features:
- Amazing brunch!KatkDined on 8/10/2014Ivar's Salmon House is a great place for a wonderful brunch - made to order fruit crepes and omelettes, a chocolate fountain, carving station, fresh seafood and tons of breakfast and lunch favorites. For a special occasion, out of town guests, or just to treat yourself, you can't beat this brunch or the gorgeous lake view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014We chose a beautiful day for brunch at Ivar's Salmon House. Sun was out and the view of the lake with boaters and kayakers added to a great brunch. This brunch has everything. Salmon, prawns, mussels, sushi, crab, even salmon deviled eggs, as well as omelettes cooked to order, eggs benedict, biscuits and gravy, sausage. There are juices, drinks, good coffee and fruit to dip in chocolate. It isn't cheap ($35 per person) and the amount of food is overwhelming. Service was friendly. We found this was a wonderful way to treat ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrt11Dined on 8/10/2014Everything was very good. Food was hot and had good variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014When we visit Seattle, Ivar's Salmon House is a must-do treat. We love the food, location, views, and service. We were especially impressed with Joe when we had dinner for six people August 9. Very professional, friendly, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapnDined on 8/9/2014Ivar's Salmon House has been a favorite of mine for 43 years. We've celebrated many birthdays and special occasions there. We always introduce it to our out of town guests. It is the place that says "Seattle".Special Features:
- Saturday Aug 9 LunchsadinSeattleDined on 8/9/2014As a long-time diner at Ivar's restaurants, and native Seattleite, I was very disappointed with my meal at the Salmon House. My do-diners enjoyed their meals, and the food they were presented with was delicious looking and plentiful. I orders a Crab Louie, and received a small pile of lettuce, with about 1/4 cup of the dregs of cracked crab sprinkled on top; two too large cucumber slices, and a measly ring of red pepper, a sliced hard boiled egg, and sad looking parsley sprig. Do not call this a Crab Louie. Ivar is no doubt rolling over in his watery (?) grave at this presentation of the signature salad for his restaurants. I know times have changed but $24 for this salad is rude and shameful. I could do better at Denney's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceBrooknookDined on 8/8/2014The noise level was waaaaaaaay too high at 9:00 p.m. on a Friday night, truly uncomfortable, but the service was cheery & accommodating.Special Features:
- GloriaDined on 8/8/2014Good place to take a visitor to Seattle. The deck is ideal for watching boat traffic and planes land on Lake Union.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit dissapointingnw2reDined on 8/6/2014Upon arriving at Ivar's Salmon House I was quickly seated along a bay window, which was quite nice as I had requested such seating when I had made my reservation. The waiter was cordial but somewhat hard to get a hold of. When the food arrived at the table it looked delicious on the outside but upon cutting into my salmon I immediately found it was not cooked. The salmon was not as flaky as it should have been and appeared dark pink. Nevertheless the bread pudding that came with my meal was quite good. All in all I was quite disappointed mainly because the salmon that I got at the "Salmon House" wasn't even cooked. I didn't eat much of the salmon as a result and left quite disappointed.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, great serviceloyalfanDined on 8/6/2014Ivar's always does a good job with the fish and has great service. The fish was correctly done as I would expect for $35. The food is not "inspired", but always competent. A great view of Lake Union, but its proximity to I-5 and resulting noise makes it uncomfortable to sit outside--although many people do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Salmon was great, well prepared and ample in quantity. Service was fast and attentive. We walked there from the Watertown hotel trying to follow my phone's gps and nearly got lost.Special Features:
- Great dinner on a 5 star eveningJuiceDined on 8/4/2014It was a 5 star day in Seattle, but we've never been disappointed here. Though it's a large restaurant, you still get great views from your table of the Seattle skyline and Lake Union. In the summer there's constant boat traffic, kayaks and paddle boards. Other times of the year, it's the lights reflecting off the water that are so beautiful. And the food.... Which is why we came. Three of us had salmon, which was delicious, and the other person had Crab Louie. Generous portions, and very well prepared. Though they handle a lot of people, we did not feel rushed, and we're able to enjoy the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014Different types of salmon, available in a variety of preparations. Great views of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodhawkDined on 8/4/2014Excellent chowder and Salmon. Fish and chips were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time Ivar's customerOldTimer84Dined on 8/4/2014Thanks for another memorable dinner at the Salmon House. I have enjoyed Ivar's on many occasions in my 84 years going back to my high school days at the old Ivar's fish bar on "Pier 54, foot of Madison Street" and on Broadway. But the Salmon House has been a favorite since it's inception when, during my working years, I have taken many clients to enjoy it's food and ambience. During this occasion we had a wonderful window table with a memorable family dinner. My daughter was visiting from Redlands, California and had asked if we could have dinner at her favorite restaurant, Ivar's Salmon House, during her stay. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- And again!baileywickDined on 8/3/2014Although I have only been to Seattle three times, I have had a meal at Ivar's each time. I had not been for two years, and I could not remember the name of the great place I had meals before--when we asked at our hotel desk for a good retaurant within walking distance in the area of UWash, he said "Ivars'" and I said, "THAT'S IT!" Great meal (salmon sampler this time!), wait staff professional and helpful, and fantastic view of thw water--what else do you want?!Special Features:
- When I Have To Go ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I know where it is. Ivar's has been my go-to "guests from out of town" restaurant ever since someone took me there when I arrived here in 1985. This time it was my first college roommate, just back from an Alaskan cruise. We hadn't seen each other for nigh on 40 years. I reserved the table on the deck 2 weeks ahead of time, and it was perfect. On the rail. Great weather. Wonderful food. Thank you for being there when I need you. :)Special Features:
- mailinDined on 8/3/2014I like everything about the brunching with Ivar's Salmon House. Whenever I have guests from other countries, I usually bring them to Ivar's because of the beautiful scenery. After dining, I usually take my guests to ride the ducks so they would know more about the lake.Special Features:
- met expectations-chicago, Los GatosartanaDined on 8/2/2014I had guests here from Chicago and Los Gatos. They both wanted Salmon. One wanted well done, the other rare--both got Salmon here cooked to their taste. The "rare" person declared it the best salmon in 30 years.Special Features:
- Always a good mealmsn57Dined on 8/2/2014I have been to Ivars many times and never disappointed. The food is always solid, sometimes wonderful but always good to very good. Wait staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Lunch gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The perfect environment for a large family luncheon. City scenes, boating traffic, creates vibrant and happy vibes for a perfectly relaxing backdrop for a delightful meal. Especially impressive for out-of-towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointeddinerDined on 8/1/2014I thought the service was excellent! The food was rather bland. The salmon was overcooked, crab cakes dry and garlic mashed potatoes cold. I had lunch on a week day at the Salmon House several months ago and the food that day was much better!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner2TacomadinersDined on 7/31/2014The food was awesome. I had my usual choice, the Salmon Sampler. Others had the Saute and the Taste of the Northwest. Everyone raved about the food. The waiter was attentive without being overbearing. The only downside was the noise level. A little high for a special occasion.Special Features:
- SuzyQDined on 7/29/2014Amazing Northwest architecture, beautiful interior design. Can't beat the location for city views and fabulous boat/people watching. Great food, location, price and atmosphere. Can't go wrong at Ivar's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent all aroundrobinsnestVIPDined on 7/29/2014tied up the boat -had reservation-sat on deck w/6 people food was superb-had "white salmon" had heard not great things before but our meal was fabulous and the waiter(martin) was terrific.Special Features:
- Delicious in every way!RoseattleDined on 7/29/2014What is better than wild-caught salmon cooked over a wood fire and enjoyed on the shores of Lake Union in a beautifully recreated Native American longhouse with a group of friends that date back 50++ years? For me, not much. After drinks on the dock, which I recommend (weather permitting,) we moved indoors. Throughout the evening, we laughed and savored beautifully prepared and served cuisine while gaping at incredible views of the Space Needle, the Tuesday evening Duck Doge sailboat race, and all sorts of marine traffic scooting back and forth over the sparkling summer water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service!!!InLovewithIvarsDined on 7/28/2014The food here is the best in Seattle!!! The kitchen was backed up because the restaurant was so busy, but the staff made the wait extremely pleasurable. The food was definitely worth the wait. Not to mention the view was outstanding as well! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone either visiting Seattle or living there. Would even be a great place to hold a reception or other special event.Special Features:
- SalmonHeadDined on 7/28/2014Food and atmosphere was good. But the server might need to write down after order request. Lemon never brought to table after request. Salmon piece served was a little small.Special Features:
- Terrific special dinner with DadDinnertimeInSeattleDined on 7/26/2014My 85-year old father was in town and wanted to eat great seafood with a view. We got a reservation at Ivar's and were given a great table in a lively spot with a view that was also quiet enough for Dad to hear our conversation - incredible that Ivar's can meet all goals! Great food, excellent waiter. Totally fun.Special Features:
- DaveDined on 7/26/2014I like the restaurant. but it's hard for me to afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fantastic views!SabrDined on 7/26/2014I came with a party of 10 (including 1 child) and it was easy to get a reservation, even on a weekend. Also, the food is fantastic and the service is very good, despite the restaurant being busy. The views are outstanding on a nice day. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- a little disappointingseacakDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I chose Ivars because we hadn't been there in years and wanted fish. SO noisy! Staff was nice but I couldn't figure out where outdoor dining was - what was the bar, if we could sit in outdoor dinning or what. We both ordered fish and chips - cod and halibut. Pretty good but overcooked and french fries weren't even very hot. I won't go back there for another 15 years.Special Features:
- Claire's wedding groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014My daughter's wedding was coming up, and friends and family were in town. I originally made a reservation on a Friday night for 10, changed it to 7, and then changed it again, at the last minute, to 12. Ivar's was great and accommodated us with ease. The food was really good, the service was good, and of course the view was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KittyDined on 7/25/2014We have gone to Ivar's for many years and, although we weren't totally displeased, this was not or best experience. Our change in reservation was made smoothly, the hostess was very nice, our table location was wonderful and the view was exciting. Our server reached across the table to serve food, didn't keep the water glasses filled and brought us the bill without asking if we wanted dessert. We were celebrating our mother's 88th birthday and had mentioned it when making the reservation. Nothing was mentioned and when he brought the dessert menus he tossed them on the table and left. This didn't match the quality of service we have received in the past. The food was good but not exceptional. Seaplane taking off.....WOW!Special Features:
- weflyAADined on 7/23/2014Ivar's was recommended by a golfing buddy here in Fort Worth. We took him up on the recommendation, and we were pleasantly surprised. The salmon was grilled to perfection, our waiter (Martin) was super friendly and knowledgeable, the wine was great, and to top it off, we had a great view of the bay from our table...When we get back to Seattle, we will definitely head back to Ivar's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationwogsDined on 7/23/2014Our meal was fabulous, the décor very Northwestern, and the view was gorgeous. Delicious ahi tuna, crab cakes, and steak coupled with a gorgeous view of downtown Seattle made for a wonderful anniversary celebration. Our waiter was right on top of things and even gave us a burnt cream dessert "on the house." We would definitely dine at Ivar's Salmon House again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We sat at a table with a wonderful view. Our waiter was excellent. He patiently answered all questions about the menu. The food arrived quickly and was more than excellent. I had the king salmon special of the night. It was some of the best salmon I've had. They offer a reasonable kids menu. My 3 grandkids each ordered something different and they all liked what they ordered.Special Features:
- good and friendly servicesfirsttimerDined on 7/20/2014Food is ok. Wish the hot food are a little more warm. Overall a little overpriced. I like the view and services are good. I might recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatPowderdustDined on 7/20/2014What a Last Memory to leave a Amazing City. Been a loyal customer for many years and I love bringing my OUT OF FRIENDS here. So they can have AMAZING Food and Lasting Memory. WE will back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.