Ivar's Acres of Clams
1001 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98104Neighborhood:
Waterfront / Belltown
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Acres of Clams
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: 2066246852x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
7 Days A Week!: 3:00 pm to Close
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Garr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining rooms seat up to 50. Choose from our Spirit of The Bay Room or Duwamish Room for a private dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Rose (206) 624-6852x
- Cross Street: Between Spring and Madison
- Public Transit: FREE Waterfront Streetcar Bus Line (Route 99): http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/wfsc/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available just across the street. Parking is free on Sundays and select holidays.
*If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the Monday that follows is a free parking day. For more parking info visit http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/parking/rates_general.htm#free
A word from Ivar's Acres of Clams
Ivar’s Original Acres of Clams has been a Seattle tradition since 1938. The city's colorful waterfront at Pier 54 provides a scenic backdrop for this attractive yet informal restaurant where, as ferryboats glide by the window, you'll dine on Ivar's traditional favorites and other delicious Northwest seafood from our daily fresh sheet. The main menu also features fresh steamed clams, salmon, Dungeness crab salad, halibut, Ivar's famous fish 'n chips, Puget Sound clam chowder and much more.Continued
Best Seafood in Western Washington Winner - 2008
Washington Wine Award of Distinction Winner - 2009
Washington Wine Award Certificate of Recognition - 2012
Best Seafood in Western Washington Winner - 2008
Washington Wine Award of Distinction Winner - 2009
Washington Wine Award Certificate of Recognition - 2012
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Ivar's Acres of Clams - Best Restaurants in Waterfront / Belltown ›
Ivar's Acres of Clams reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (150)good for groups (83)special occasion (81)kid-friendly (78)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (30)great for brunch (20)hot spot (18)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (13)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Go for the food . . .DocTeeDined on 8/1/2014. . . not the ambiance. Everyone in our party of 5 remarked at how good the food was. Unlike other restaurants, Ivar's managed to get the fish to the table without overcooking. The ambiance is another story: loud, crowded and bustlingI would recommend this to a friend.
- GiantDined on 8/1/2014Lived up to its outstanding reputation. Red Clam Chowder was world class. Fried clams were superb....large and flavorful. All went well with the "Alaskan" beer on draft. View was great and our server was quick, pleasant, and on top of our requirements. Price was surprisingly moderate for such a popular establishment.Special Features:
- Nice Vacation SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014We went to Ivar's the last night of our vacation. Our view was of the harbor which was filled with seagulls. it is definitely a tourist place, but the food was good and the service excellent!Special Features:
- Brithday DinnerCOB739Dined on 7/31/2014Had a great time at Ivar's, was the end of a great week visiting Seattle. Great way to celebrate my 64th birthday. Food was excellent and a great variety on the menu. Ambience was great being able to look out over the waterfront and bay during dinner. Food was outstanding all orders arrived on time and hot not one mistake at all. Our waiter Trenton did a great job never saw him write anything down but all orders were correct when arriving at the table. Seen Trenton do it at two other tables also. He as also very attentive to our needs during our meal and then topped it off with a piece of strawberry short cake for the birthday boy. So very thoughtful of the restaurant and staff. Would highly recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but very noisyBruceVIPDined on 7/27/2014I almost rated this very good (4 stars) because of food and service, but the noise level and less than full open bay view caused us to give it a "good" overall rating.Special Features:
- BruinVIPDined on 7/27/2014Amazing food and service! Great location right on the water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go Wrong With This View!TexasEx91VIPDined on 7/25/2014Put a restaurant facing West on the Seattle Harbor and it's hard to go wrong. Was able to snag a reservation on OpenTable, so gave it a go for my family of five. Table was ready as was the wonderful wait staff. Food was good, and given its location, reasonably priced. Very kid friendly which was great for a tired family. My wife and I split a fried platter...love it when a restaurant splits it for us. Kids meals were well portioned and they were very happy. Would definitely return next time in Seattle.Special Features:
- Disappointed...........TattlerDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant had been recommended highly and two of us ordered the platter of fish, clams, shrimp and fries. We relished the calamari appetizer and looked forward to the main course. However all of the food was overcooked, very dark brown in color, too crispy and literally tasteless. Our waiter was not attentive to our needs and did not ask if everything was OK. He forgot my iced tea. The food at the airport Ivars which I had during our return layover in Seattle was much better. I should have complained at the time we ate at the Seattle restaurant, but the attitude of the server prevented me from raising any issues. If addressed at all, I thought it would only be with extreme prejudice.
- Great FoodDiningDuoDined on 7/25/2014Great food. Halibut is cooked just right and the clam chowder is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the waterfront - icon restaurantTrefDined on 7/24/2014Ivar's restaurant is an iconic restaurant on the Seattle water front. Great place for a special occasion or visiting friends and family. It can be a bit noisy in the restaurant and if there is a Seahawk game on in the bar area it gets very noisy. It's a seafood restaurant and their Fish & Chips are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST clams EVER!EstherDined on 7/21/2014We have been waiting months for our trip to Seattle and the very first place we went was to Ivars. It has the best clam chowder I've ever had; fresh is so much better than their frozen kind sold in California that bears the Ivar's name. My son and I shared the Steamers and it was plenty to fill us up. No sand in the clams, either. All yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 7/19/2014We came with a party of 7 and were running a bit behind. The Hostess was very professional, and took care of us very quickly in spite of our tardiness. Seth was a wonderful server. Our friends visiting from Florida really enjoyed themselves. We take many Seattle visitors to your Restaurant. Thank you for the fine food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- worth a try not good date placecausalDined on 7/18/2014Food was good portion was small price was high view if you call it that fast to get food for ever to get check and refill on drinks was worse call for reservations or plain a long waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still wonderful Decades later.EatingWellInWADined on 7/17/2014I have dined here with my father since I was five, Ivar would sit & chat at our table. This Visit was with my Mum, Her Fiance & my 3 year old Daughter. The ambiance now has not changed much. Comfortable & intimate. Tables spaced so that you don't hear the conversation at the next table. Pleasant view. Well lit, not too bright. Crayons & a menu to draw on. Ivar's White Clam chowder is still the best I've had in a restaurant. I lived in Massachusetts & searched everywhere to find white clam chowder as good & never did. The Acre's of Clams dish is still a delight to my palate. The Salmon was, as always, near perfection. My daughter loved the salmon. Though I miss the warm sourdough rolls, the viking chowder & Ivar, Ivar's did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience with kiddosgreateatsDined on 7/15/2014Had a wonderful dinner with the family. Great for selection for kids. Wonderful Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAshleyDined on 7/15/2014The food was delicious! My husband and I both had the Coho salmon with salad dinner special. The entree was presented beautifully. The salmon was hot while the salad was still cool. Our daughter had the chowder sampler, which she really enjoyed. Our smoked salmon corn chowder entree was so tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Waterfront RestaurantIseefoodDined on 7/15/2014We had only 48 hours to spend in Seattle and wanted a great seafood experience on our last night there. Ivar's was the perfect place to have an early dinner after completing the Harbor Boat Tour. Only steps away, the location and window seating allowed us to continue to enjoy Elliott Bay. From the super fresh oyster assortment to the clever soup sampler and delicious Ivar's combo platters, we were able to taste almost everything the Pacific Northwest has to offer in one meal. Ivar's is definitely a new favorite place and we look forward to returning on our next visit. Hint: this is a popular place so if you can get there early, try to do so! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average tourist placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014This is an upscale tourist place. The service was good, the food mediocre and somewhat expensive. I had the fish and chips (the famous ones), which were not the best in town. I can't imagine any local coming here for a meal, without an out-of-towner in tow.Special Features:
- Pleasent momenttouristDined on 7/15/2014Had a planned anniversary meal here. Setting was nice, service great, and the meal good. The clams were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingweengirlDined on 7/11/2014Hoping for a traditional relaxing seafood dinner on the water. Instead, was enclosed in a very noisy restaurant, that I felt like everyone was being herded in and out like cattle. The food was ok at best. Fine dining prices for cafeteria style food. I ordered a salmon special, the fish was cooked well, but the mashed potatoes that came on the plate were Instant potatoes!
- Fantastic Food Always!COIDTravelerDined on 7/11/2014The food is consistently amazing and the views are fabulous! I ordered the lobster tail and received a huge, cooked to perfection tail. The white clam chowder is superb and the bread tasted fresh and delicious! The kids menu was a good size and had a variety of fish and non-fish items to choose from. Our table overlooked the water and dock so our kids were entertained by the seagulls. Service was great! Overall, Ivar's is a must when in Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!MeganDined on 7/11/2014We went for lunch after riding the ferry. It was an awesome experience from the waitstaff to the food and drink. A must visit if visiting Seattle's harbor area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fish with a Great ViewCedarTreeDined on 7/10/2014Trio of locals who wanted a post-sunset sail dinner and Ivar's was a great choice. Appetizer Trio (crab cakes, orange glazed prawns & calamari) is excellent as is the seasonal salad with goat cheese & berries. Two of the entrees seemed a bit over complicated -king salmon with sautéed mushrooms over a risotto cakes and king salmon with sausage (yes, sausage) & portobello mushrooms over mashed potatoes. Would have preferred to let the salmon bask in its own savoriness so next time I'll stick with basics. (The crab cakes really were excellent!) Service was welcoming & attentive without hovering, even at the very end of the night. View out the windows is great, especially at night with passing ferries, etc.Special Features:
- Great food, mediocre serviceJeanneDined on 7/8/2014So I know service can vary by your server, but I was very disappointed in our experience at Ivars. The food is top notch, but the prices are high, and our service seemed extremely overwhelmed. It was still a very nice place and is worth checking out, but I would encourage the establishment to consider putting more emphasis on attending to the customers needs.Special Features:
- Great eveningwagsDined on 7/7/2014Brought an out of town relative to Acres on his first trip to Seattle. It was a great and enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- acres of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2014We had the fried calamari that was tender as butter with a zingy rice flour batter. The clam appetizer was also delish, but the wild salmon on a goat cheese risotto cake was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Evening with reservationGoodtimeinSeattleDined on 7/4/2014I was so happy that I had made a reservation on line. I was on an overnight train trip getaway from Portland and did not have time to wait. We were offered a table or given the option to wait for a window table. We opted for the Window table and went to the bar where we found seats and prompt service. We were at the bar only about 10 minutes and our light went off with our table with water view. The oyster rockefallas were great. We enjoyed all our meals. Service and water provided was tasty and cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014Been here several times, this last visit was mediocre. Food not up to par, server disinterested and an overall unsatisfying dining experience.
- Tasty Clams!LovemyGritsVIPDined on 7/3/2014Beer & clams! God made them to go together. Steamed clams and bread started the meal off right. Living landlocked, we've missed these. The fried clams were also tasty, if not a bit chewy. We found the breading to be overwhelming and thick. The clams were so good, they didn't need such a heavy coat. Our Server was helpful and attentive. We'll be back!Special Features:
- DeliciousItzymitzDined on 7/2/2014What a gem! Ivar's had a great menu with fresh caught seafood, salads, appetizers and desserts! And their drink menu was fun and creative! All of the employees we encountered were extremely nice and helpful. Our waiter was attentive without being annoying (a difficult quality to find in most wait staff). When ordering, I was torn between to different menu items and asked my waiter for his opinion...his response: "I'm going to bring you a half-serving of both for the price of the cheapest entree." I was shocked! Bottom line, if you want great seafood with a great atmosphere in Seattle, I HIGHLY recommend Ivar's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal with nice water viewBrystockDined on 6/30/2014Good food, great service, and my nephews loved watching the ferries and fireboats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining out of town familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014We were a party of five, including a young man about 8 years. Our waitperson was very knowledgeable and willing to make sure that all diners' needs were met. (One on a post surgical soft diet, numerous allergies) The food was good but the entire experience was marred by the inattentiveness of our waitperson. I asked four times before lemon slices were brought for my water. Wait time between his visits to the table were painfully long. One would normally be asked about after dinner sweets at the time of table clearing. However, I finally went to the bus station after our table had been completely cleared for quite some time and asked another server to please send our waiter to our table.Special Features:
- 5* expected alot of deep fried foodgatesDined on 6/28/2014On the contrary, food was amazing. Touristy area yes. I enjoyed a halibut wrapped with bacon and it was awesome. Started with oysters. Could not do dessert .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkTouristdineDined on 6/27/2014I've had Ivars before. The food was ok, it could have been better. It is a nice place to go on the water with a group from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for out of towers!Kmw41Dined on 6/26/2014The views and service were great! Food was good, and reasonably priced also. We were able to make (and later change) reservations online and didn't have to wait for log once we got there to sit. Decent draft beer menu as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate but not exceptionaljanehVIPDined on 6/24/2014I love salmon and feel there are other restaurants in Seattle that do a better job in preparation.
- Seafood at it's bestcaliwinequeenDined on 6/23/2014The seafood was fresh and they had the best clam chowder and sourdough bread. We were there on a Monday in which they had their bottles of wine half off which was a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kengDined on 6/21/2014This was very busy weekend in Seattle. Reservations were honored as well as window seating. Food was better than I remembered. Enjoyable Sat. evening with walk along pier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Used to go there from work with groups for after meetings, classes, or retirement. Seems menu was larger then--more choices. Food is not as good here as at other Ivars locations--maybe because it is now tourist season. Salmon was good. Fish and chips/clams and chips not as good. Server was good and a great help. Noise level was high, so hard to hear. View was OK, not great. I'd try somewhere else for a special get-together.Special Features:
- AccomodatingroloDined on 6/21/2014We were late due to street closures for R&R marathon. We called to let them know and they held our reservation until we could get thereSpecial Features: