New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
3424 Peachtree Road NE Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.newyorkprime.com/
- Phone: 4048460644x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment 7 nights a week, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Special Events: NY Prime is ready to make your next business luncheon a rare event. The restaurant is available for booking Monday through Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm. Offering the full dinner menu as well as prix fixe menus that may be personalized to accommodate your needs. There are no room fees charged.
A word from New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
Voted Best Steakhouse 2003-2014 + No.5 Best Restaurant, Jezebel Mag readers' and 1 of 1400 Top Restaurants in the World, Zagat 2011, NY Prime is certified to the USDA's highest standards. Enjoy thick cut steaks on the 1700-degree broiler, fresh seafood or a stiff drink in this happening Buckhead joint. Live entertainment nightly. Seasonal courtyard dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (33)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (23)vibrant bar scene (21)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Smoking smells bad.mickyDined on 1/8/2014I satisfied with services, but foods are too much salty a lot. They cooked a steak again without salt, but still salty a lot.Special Features:
- I would not recommend thisjd12345Dined on 1/3/2014I would not recommend this restaraunt to anyone. Horrible food, better steaks at Outback. We actually had a man of the cloth at the table behind us and the loud bar patrons yelling obscenities should of been handled by the management, but wasnt. This restaraunt is a Cigar bar that happens to have a really bad cooked steak in it. The entertainment was 2 gentleman with a sing along machine that played mustang sally? really? not something I would expect to here in a restaraunt with a 60.00 steak on the menu. The only saving grace was the company I was with at the table and our servers who were very good and attentive. Shame really that their talents were for nothing as the ambience and the food ruined the dining experience.
- Perfect for New Year's EveSimDDined on 12/31/2013I have made reservations at New York Prime Steakhouse in Buckhead to celebrate closing big deals, to entertain clients, and this year to celebrate New Year's Eve. The service was excellent, as was the food, and we had a wonderful time. We continued our celebration next door at the Ritz where we were staying for the night. The New York Steakhouse and the Ritz made for a terrific night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EvemmaliresDined on 12/31/2013We had an amazing dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. As usual everything was perfect, the food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing SteaksChrisGDined on 12/31/2013We went to NYP for NYE with a group of 8, and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience. The food was excellent! The bone-in rib-eye, NY Strip, and Filet were all cooked perfectly. Best mashed potatoes (cheesy) and the mushrooms, creamed spinach, asparagus, and creamed corn (first time trying) were all great. I'd recommend the bacon as a starter; super thick cut with an excellent sauce on the side. NYP is my go to for special occasions and will continue to be because they always impress with food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Start to the New YearLCVistorDined on 12/31/2013Went here for New Year's Eve dinner....what an incredible restaurant for a special occasion. Everything about our dining experience was way above average. We will return to New York Prime in the SpringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with okay foodNewYearsDined on 12/31/2013This is a very nice resturant with great service and a wonderful atmosphere. However the steaks are okay, have had better at longhorn or outback. The chicken was very good as were the baked potato. The giant chocolate chip cookie is far from giant more like the normal cookie. As a steakhouse with high prices I would have expected better quality steaks. If you go get chicken a baked potato, cheese cake and enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:
- ClassySammyDined on 12/28/2013The best place to celebrate anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Amazing steaks, great service, classy atmosphere, and perfect for couples. My only complaint: very expensive. A nice dinner for 2 cost us $150 and we brought our own bottle of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedRoniDined on 12/28/2013Save your money, cheap floors, steak ok not the best on ATL.Special Features:
- Excellent Option for Steak LoversSuzanneVIPDined on 12/24/2013New York Prime, with topnotch food and service is an excellent choice for steak lovers. Just be ready to have deep pockets, because it is over-priced. It was an eye-opener when I got the check at the end of the meal. Other than that, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantCigarGuyDined on 12/24/2013From the moment we walked in the staff was very proffessional and friendly. The service was great and the food was excellant. Highly recomended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, BUT......DiningOutwithBobVIPDined on 12/21/2013This is a five star restaurant when it comes to food and service, but you have to be able to deal with clouds of cigar smoke from the bar that permeate every corner of the restaurant. If that doesn't bother you, you should love this place as the steaks and lobster are terrific and the service first rate. If, on the other hand, it does, well.....I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timer1sttimeatprimeDined on 12/21/2013My wife and I grew up in Atlanta and have been to several fine restaurants in the area. This was the first time at N.Y.P. ,and had a great meal and wine. The server ( Mark) made us feel like we have been dining there for years. Great Time and will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meal was great! We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013The meal was great! We were there to celebrate my son's graduation from Georgia Tech and all the staff and the owner congratulated him. The food and service was fantastic!Special Features:
- We went there for our 35 weddingMWMSrDined on 12/14/2013We went there for our 35 wedding anniversary. The Maitre d and the entire wait staff were great. We also enjoyed the table side dinner presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectionAndeeVIPDined on 12/12/2013I always know I will enjoy my time at New York Prime. They are so welcoming and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 STARS!annvrsrydinersDined on 11/30/2013Our server Heather was fantastic! She definitely help make it a memorable evening. Also, there was another attendant to our table and he was great, always kept our table neat and orderly and was practically invisible. Excellent service, excellent ambience, AMAZING STEAK! It was pretty pricy but a great choice for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionbirthdayboyDined on 11/27/2013Delicious food and exceptional service. Above our budget for regular visits, but at top of the list as a go to place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBoneheadsDined on 11/22/2013Overall, we had great service, the food was delicious as New York Prime will continue to be our meeting spot for business meetings. Thank you and we look forward to our next experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had better service for less!DentDivaVIPDined on 11/11/2013It was mediocre service at best. I felt like it was assumed that I couldn't order wine or a proper cut of meat. I was very disappointed & will not be returning to dine there ever.Special Features:
- It was a great atmoshpereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013It was a great atmoshpere and a very "fancy" place to take someone or a group for special occoasion. I was there celebrating my birthday. i would definitely recommend it to a friend and prbably go back there agaon one day.Special Features:
- Amazing!!KimiPSDined on 11/2/2013The food and service were impeccable. I almost canceled our reservation due to reviews on the smoking at the bar. As someone who is ultra sensitive to smoke, it was subtly detectable upon arrival and barely a trace after being placed at the far end of the room. FYI- We were told that the smoke is worse on the weeknight than weekends. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, our waitstaff was fun and attentive (not overly so) and we will be back!!Special Features:
- The smoking in the bar ruinsSmokyVIPDined on 10/25/2013The smoking in the bar ruins the enjoyment for your dining. It's a Shane they still allow smoking I'm The bar because the good is excellent but I wouldn't go back or recommend the restaurant due to the smoking environment.
- Catch-up eveningNoraDined on 10/23/2013We told our waiter that we were having an annual get-together and wanted to talk. He managed our excellent champagne/food so that we never felt rushed. He was friendly and accommodating without being intrusive. The food, as always, was superior. I am addicted to the filets and mine was fabulous, and cooked exactly right. My friend ate two of the special menu items that evening--the spicy soup and the scallops over succotash--delicious. We shared an amazing warm bread pudding with Jack Daniels ice cream. The restaurant was busy but not rushed, not too loud for conversation, and I noticed an amazing phenomenon: I saw no one looking at a handheld device!--a clear sign that people came to enjoy the food and each other. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cigar Smoking InsideChiefFoodOfficerVIPDined on 10/21/2013Be prepared for a huge cloud of cigar smoke as you enter the restaurant. If you make it past the bar where the cigar smokers are perched you'll be pleased with the great steaks, sea food, and incredibly professional wait staff. We had some of the biggest stone crab claws I've ever seen and they were fantastic.Special Features:
- I didn't realize smoking wasAtldineVIPDined on 10/17/2013I didn't realize smoking was allowed inside. Food and service was great. I won't be back because of the smoking.
- High marksKulinaryKidVIPDined on 10/13/2013Always excellent food and service. Steaks cooked to perfection, and awesome sides- loved the cheese mashed potAtoes. May have to work on their ventilation system. We were far from the bar, but there was a heavy odor of cigar smoke, which for a non-smoker took away from the experience and made the meal less enjoyable. Also very heavy cigar stench at the restaurant entrance, which we had to pass thru, and the bar was not even crowded...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Prime ReviewBoneheadsDined on 10/9/2013We had a company meeting at New York Prime this past Wedesnday and had a great dining experience. The food and service was outstanding. Thank you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night LifeCasualGuyDined on 9/28/2013Great Steak and service. Will definitely come back when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I were celebratingmamilindaDined on 9/27/2013My husband and I were celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary when we went to New York Prime. We had a great time. The food was wonderful and wait staff extremely attentive.Special Features:
- Awesome serviceRobbVIPDined on 9/26/2013We had good wine, good cocktails and good food. I liked the variety of wine by the glass. The service is spectacular. From the chef- who came to our table- to the waiters and bartenders, everyone takes real ownership in providing a great experience. The steaks are seasoned too heavily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO SMOKING!lisaDined on 9/25/2013The food was good, however I do not like to eat in the same area where there is smoking! Big negative for us!Special Features:
- UnbelievableJsd360VIPDined on 9/24/2013Best steakhouse I've been to, and best restaurant that I've tried in Atlanta. It handily beats out Atlanta fish market, rays, ocean prime, prime, even chops and bones. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodKenSD619Dined on 9/24/2013My buddies and i were visiting from out of town and always like to try the best steak houses in each city. New York Prime is definitely a top tier steak house. Great food and service. Everything was cooked perfectly. We would definitely come back when we are in Atlanta.Special Features:
- love this placeJeffLVIPDined on 9/22/2013only issue is the let people smoke at the bar so if you are not a smoker, beware the cigar smokeI would recommend this to a friend.
- PrimeRaydocVIPDined on 9/21/2013Everything was great. The steaked was cooked perfectly. Everything hot, including corn onions and fries. Service excellent. Courtney is a gem.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTobyDined on 9/21/2013We are experienced New York Prime Diners. Over the years, we have had many wonderful meals at NYP in Myrtle Beach. Have dined in Atlanta NYP only three times in our recollection but had a wonderful time this past weekend. Service and food was tops. Our first seating there was at a table with very poor lightning so we moved to another table and everything was fine. We did notice the people who followed us at the first table were using their cell phones to supplement their lighting for menu reading. You might want to revisit that issue.Special Features:
- Energetic Fine DiningbrittanyDined on 9/14/2013It was a delightful evening. Really nearly perfect in my mind. The steaks are available in many sizes so you can get the size you like and they were deliciously cooked! All of the staff were super friendly. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of Bone-in RibeyeTonyVIPDined on 9/6/2013The Bone-in Ribeye Steak, judging from the taste and texture, was not Prime Steak; also, it certainly was far from being aged. Bobby, if the steak that I had was indicative of other steaks on your menu, perhaps you need to find another purveyor. Your choice, when you improve the quality, I will come back to dine. The server that we had was excellent, your wine list is notable with a very good selection, the restaurant is appointed nicely and it's noise level is more than acceptable. Please improve the quality of your Bone-in Ribeye and perhaps other steaks.lSpecial Features:
- Great food and excellent service.Map1dineDined on 8/31/2013Great food and excellent service. The baked shrimp was superb and my steak was cooked almost to perfection. The manager and all the waiters that came to our table were very friendly and helpful. The apple pie was also very good, and I want to go back to try the cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.