New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
3424 Peachtree Road NE Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.newyorkprime.com/
- Phone: 4048460644x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment 7 nights a week, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Special Events: NY Prime is ready to make your next business luncheon a rare event. The restaurant is available for booking Monday through Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm. Offering the full dinner menu as well as prix fixe menus that may be personalized to accommodate your needs. There are no room fees charged.
A word from New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead
Voted Best Steakhouse 2003-2014 + No.5 Best Restaurant, Jezebel Mag readers' and 1 of 1400 Top Restaurants in the World, Zagat 2011, NY Prime is certified to the USDA's highest standards. Enjoy thick cut steaks on the 1700-degree broiler, fresh seafood or a stiff drink in this happening Buckhead joint. Live entertainment nightly. Seasonal courtyard dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (30)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (5)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great first time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/4/2014My husband and I went to NY Prime for a late dinner on the Fourth of July. We were in Buckhead for the weekend and were planning to watch the fireworks. On Mondays and Fridays they have a singer, Tony. He was there that night and we had a fabulous time requesting songs and dancing. The food and service were impeccable. We had a great and and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014One of the best steaks around. Dont miss the bacon appetizer!!!Special Features:
- Better out thereNotafoodieVIPDined on 7/2/2014Good food. Very smokey, including cigars. But better steak places given the price point.
- Great steakDinnerDined on 6/28/2014Took my wife and I for our anniversary and she ordered the chicken and I ordered the ribeye steak. Both were phenomenal.Special Features:
- The following 555 reviews are from the New York Prime Steakhouse - Buckhead reviews archive.
- MickDined on 6/19/2014I hadn't been to New York Prime in a while and had forgotten what a great dining experience it is. I will definitely increase the frequency of my visits in the future. NYP is a very welcoming and warm restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent!JBABDined on 6/15/2014The food was AMAZING. Worth the money. The restaurant is beautiful. Kelly was our server and she was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Best Father's Meal and event ever, great seafood, the Bone-in Rib, what a hellva steak, spent two days just recalling how great it taste.Special Features:
- Business MeetingLindaVIPDined on 6/8/2014Good spot for having professional dinner meetings small group...
- Tops in Steak and ShowmanshipOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014Went to NYP as part of an anniversary celebration. Our host, Michael P., brought complimentary champagne, and our server was masterful. Glasses always full, plates disappearing without notice, courses well timed. While not inexpensive, it is on a par with all the fine steakhouses in Atlanta. You deserve a night at NYP, and take someone special. One final note, some reviews voice concern over smoke from the bar -- we had no issues with this and are sensitive to it. Let not your heart be troubled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around.TAS000Dined on 6/7/2014We have been coming to NT Prime for over 9 years. We have NEVER had a disappointment. However, the present staff from Kelli and Michael were top notch and attended to detail. It was wife's birthday ALL enjoyed the effort put fourth.Special Features:
- Excellent!luvinlifeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Our favorite Atlanta dinning spot! We enjoyed the wonderful steaks and lobster risotto. Great service and atmosphere. Would definitely return and recommend to others. Not to be missed if in Atlanta!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/6/2014Food was great, but entire restaurant was smoky from bar.Special Features:
- NYPrime once again GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/1/2014Again, the food was cooked and presented perfectly.. waiter was knowledgeable.. Tom Wolf musician on Sunday nigh is WONDERFUL... We never miss trying to make it to MYPrime when in Atlanta !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak and service in AtlantaMikeVIPDined on 5/26/2014The best for the best in Atlanta. Service is over the top good and the singer is great. It's a classic and classy place.Special Features:
- Always Outstanding!JohnDined on 5/25/2014This place never fails to perform! Perfect blend of food, service and great atmosphere! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food for SmokerslunchfriendDined on 5/21/2014The food in this restaurant was excellent, with tasty and tender steaks and lobster. However, the experience was seriously dampened by the extremely strong smell of cigar and cigarette smoke that comes from the bar and dominates the restaurant. Also, the live music was very good but made communication at our small table of four difficult. We had to lean in to the table and strain to hear each other. Since this was a business situation, that wasn't good. We will not return.Special Features:
- Celebratory dinnerTriciaVIPDined on 5/10/2014As always a wonderful dinner with impeccable service provided by the wait staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old schoolSteakLoverDined on 5/10/2014This place is not for everyone. The bar smoke mixes with the main dining room and there was live music throughout the evening. It was a neat dining experience as sort of a throwback to the Sinatra era. Grab a booth if at all possible which gives a great slightly elevated view of the entire room. The wait staff and manager/owner were friendly but not overtly helpful, energetic or attentive. Steaks were good but cooked Pittsburg style which personally tastes like char to me. I enjoy some other steak houses in town more for steak flavor and preparation. However the appetizers, drinks and atmosphere definitely make this place stand out. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerCbs916Dined on 5/2/2014We always choose a steakhouse for our anniversary celebration and wanted to try one neither of us had been to. When we entered, the maître d acknowledged our anniversary and gave us a card on behalf of the restaurant. I ordered the petite filet and my husband got the ribeye. Both of our steaks were cooked to order and tasted great. We also ordered the cheesy mashed potatoes and asparagus spears which were huge. The restaurant gave us a big chocolate chip cookie with a side if vanilla ice cream and a candle to help us celebrate. It was a great evening and I would recommend NY Prime to anyone looking for a great steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BuckeyePrideVIPDined on 4/25/2014My wife and I visit New York Prime once or twice a year when thru Atlanta. Always a very pleasant experience. People are great, live music most nights, food is spectacular.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience.FineFoodFareVIPDined on 4/19/2014We ALWAYS enjoy dining here. The service, and food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow!shelbyDined on 4/9/2014All I can say is "old school!" One of the best steaks I have ever had. The service was perfect, and I will be back !Special Features:
- Excellent as usualDrJohnDined on 3/29/2014The family had a wonderful meal. The seafood platter was absolutely delicious. Love the baked shrimp, oysters Rockefeller, and lump crab. Steaks and sides were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usual at NYP AtlantaTrinamoDined on 3/28/2014The food is hands down the best in Atlanta and is always consistent. The service is superb. From the barstaff to the service staff everyone is very polished and on point, they really know how to take care of you without you having to ask. Always a pleasure to see good ol Bobby Donolin as well. He's a great guy that knows his stuff :) Always a fantastic experience dining at New York Prime. We hope to be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Prime was the bestMackDined on 3/28/2014New York Prime was the best steaks house I've been to in a whileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmokyDoubleDVIPDined on 3/26/2014Great food. Nice service. Not a fan of the ridiculous smoke. I have to take a shower and dry clean my suit when I got home. But I will say that the food there is top notch. Also if you are looking for some intimacy this is not the place. Live music (which was ably played) was distracting and loud. But again, the food was all world.Special Features:
- Local Upscale flairRickdjDined on 3/22/2014This is my third trip in two years to this establishment. I enjoy the bar area prior to dinner, it has a local feel with an upscale experience. All three dinners were excellent and the staff go out of their way to make your experience enjoyable. I definitely will return several times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a steak houseReady2eatDined on 3/18/2014Yes, I have heard their beef is delicious but we orderd seafood dishes and they were expertly cooked and delicious. Our server, Mark, was very informative, very helpful and very unobtrusive. He was tableside at exactly the right moment. One of the features I really liked is the delivery of food and clearing of the table using rolling carts. Much more efficient and quiet and for me, a bit less stressful because I am often fearfull the armload of plates on a server's arm is going to end up onthe floor-as does happen. Their prices are higher than some restaurants and everything is ala cart which means you can blow through a minimum of $150.00 per person depending upon your entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One great evening dinner experienceEdwardVIPDined on 3/17/2014One great evening dinner experience...I was impressed!Special Features:
- Superb!!!jeaterDined on 2/22/2014Another great dining experience at New York Prime. The perfect restaurant and steakhouse by any measure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Valentine MustChubbyDined on 2/22/2014Best steak in town, great surroundings. Bobby is a wonderful host, he wants to make sure you had a great experience when dining at New York Prime. I would highy recommend this restaurant to all my friends and readers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintesentially perfect steakhouseMrBillVIPDined on 2/18/2014Great food and service. NY Prime is a perfect steakhouse experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wife's night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2014It was everything I expected and more! The service and the food was top notch. I took my wife here for her birthday she was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To the guy who gave directionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Ty for giving us directions, they were the funniest directions we ever received ever and you had us laughing before we even got to the restaurant. Kudos to you sir! Our experience in the restaurant was amazing and my steak was the best I ever had in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, fish, lobsters, wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014From the valet outside to the knowledgeable waitstaff inside, the attitude was fantastic and it matched the food. There is an amazing wine list, which I needed more time to read, but rushed a bit since I was so hungry. The 14oz barrel cut filet mignon was flavorful, tender, and basically perfect. I saw a review of the sea bass on Yelp and had to try that also. So glad I did... The sea bass here simply blew away the Atlanta Fish Market as well as Papadeaux... No contest. We will definitely be back again, thank you New York Prime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steak splurgeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014We had a great experience at NY Prime. The steak was perfectly cooked. The baked shrimp appetizer was terrific, and the baked potato and mashed potatoes were a great compliment to the steak. NY Prime is a great place to eat, though the bill can leave your wallet feeling a little light. In my opinion, the food and service is worth the price on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MaryTDined on 2/15/2014This was our second time here for a special occasion. Food is excellent. Previously shared one of the "booths" which was much more quiet and romantic. Table in the middle of the floor - not as much. Steaks are fabulous quality-cooked to perfection, baked potato is huge and can easily be split.
- Great Food and RomanceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014As always the food at New York prime was excellent. The singer belting out old standards add an extra touch of romance to the evening.Special Features:
- SurprisedKayCeeDined on 2/14/2014I really enjoyed my valentines day dinner. The mood was great. They had a live singer he did a great job. It was raining when we left and the valet guy walked me to the car with an umbrella that was a plus. The valet service was great. You don't have to wait long for your car. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere for VDayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great atmosphere for VDay and bringing significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.