Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster
36 Beacon Drive
Greenville, SC 29615Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophouse47.com/
- Phone: 8642868700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Closed Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Chophouse '47 hearkens back to the cozy 1940’s upscale New York-style steakhouse- subdued lighting, hardwood floors, and dark-stained tables and chairs reflect the atmosphere of a great time in American history. They offer two private dining spaces as well as the option to buy out the entire venue.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Martz 8886521604
- Special Events: Chophouse ’47 is ready to make your next special occasion or corporate event rare with award winning cuisine and service in an upscale, professional atmosphere. We offer our full dinner menu as well as prix fixe menus that may be personalized to accommodate your needs. There are no room fees charged.
A word from Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster
Winner of Wine Spectator’s “Award of Excellence” & 10best.com’s “Top Restaurant”. A bustling, NY-style steakhouse experience featuring expertly broiled USDA aged beef, live Maine lobster & colossal shrimp. Offering an extensive- well priced wine list, private event spaces, large party seating & seasonal patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (27)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- CelebrateDatingAgainDined on 5/2/2014A great place for a special occasion or for finding an absolutely flawless dining experience. A bit pricey, but well worth the cost - this was hands-down the best meal we've both ever had dining out. The sea bass was perfectly cooked, the NY strip was as well. Seasoning was just right. Portions are large enough that two adults could have split a meal and had plenty. That is especially true of the side items which are actually served in casserole dishes. In fact, I think next time, we'll order one dinner entree and split a meal. That would give us a very high-quality meal with impeccable service at a more competitive price - the best of both worlds!Special Features:
- One my favorite places in GvilleHdhdDined on 4/26/2014I don't think there is a better steakhouse in the upstate. Love the old fashioned feel of the place. Looks like a place Don Draper would eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestJOHNofGreenvilleDined on 4/12/2014Chophouse 47 is a place for great dining in Greenville. The steaks are the best. (I cook a pretty good steak at home but can't equal Chophouse.) They will shell your lobster at the table. The wines are excellent. This is one of my favorite places and I travel all over the world. For a special occasion or if you just want to be treated special, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!!brooksie62Dined on 4/12/2014I had the Fillet. The Chicago Charred style was amazing. we tried the Hot Bacon and Brooklyn French appetizer. Very different and good. Bread was so fresh. Thje cheesy mash potatoes are by far the best side. Great super Tuscan wine our waitress recomended. Our service was spot on. I would go back for sure.Special Features:
- Just good.gift4uDined on 4/10/2014The ambience was great and very much what I expected but I frequent high end restaurants and this one was just good. The only reason I say that is because of the pricing. We tried the wedge salad, caesar salad, steak and grilled salmon which were are very good but nothing more than I've had in other locations for a decreased amount. Other than the price point issue we were happy.
- Chophouse 47 has been ourColumbiaChickDined on 4/4/2014Chophouse 47 has been our favorite restaurant since 2003, a real go to for a romantic, special evening. You will never be disappointed in any aspect of your dining experience. The food is always outstanding, the service is provided by courteous, knowledgeable personnel. We cannot say enough good things about this restaurant nor praise it highly enough. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealBoracayKeithVIPDined on 4/2/2014Eaten here more that 10 times and never had a bad experience. Staff are friendly and genuinely welcoming. Good cocktails to go with your streak.
- Great Steak but....ChuckyRandallDined on 3/29/2014Great Pittsburg style on a great cut, monster asparagus and baked potato but it ends there. The extremely overly perky server was seldom seen. Literally, took order, ask about desert then brought check. Had to stop others to get a glass of water refilled. Extremely loud and hectic. With the a la carte menu and top end prices they appear as a Ruth's Chris wannabee and while they have the steak they certainly miss the mark on ambience and service. At $150 for 2 with no alcohol, no desert, and no appetizer I expect more. All said however the steak is probably the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodbcbetsDined on 3/29/2014Was looking for a good steakhouse to take my Clemson freshman daughter to on my visits from NJ. A friend who lives in Greenville recommended. So glad he did. We have been twice. Sure this will become a four year tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2014Having just moved to Greenville after 15 years in Atlanta I would put this steakhouse up against pretty much any steakhouse in Atlanta. The wine was great, the Blue Cheese wedge was delicious and the steak and sides were both fabulous. Great to know that if I want the quintessential steakhouse experience I do not have to go far at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the food and the servicegoodfoodDined on 3/26/2014I love the food and the service is always outstanding. My only complaint is the cigar smoke in the restaurant area. It is so strong and my clothes smell after eating here. I tried to get in the back room to eat, but there was a large party there. Please do something about the ventilation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsAlanbDined on 3/22/2014Took my wife to Chophouse for our Anniversary. Awesome service with a booth as requested and a nice note wishing us a happy anniversary. Excellent food, excellent service, it doesn't get any better in Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellenceGreensGuyDined on 3/17/2014From the moment you walk in the door, you can feel the opulence and expect to receive excellence and you will not be disappointed. You are greeted personally, seated quickly and welcomed. Drinks run the gamut from simple everyday beers to the most sought after scarce wines, liquors and expertly made cocktails. You can even bring your own bottle of wine and they will open it and serve you for a small corkage fee. Steaks and chops are great. Done to perfection. And when softshell crabs are available, order one and just enjoy. Our visit was for a birthday, but going for any occasion will make it special. Never had just an Ok meal here. They are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit not as good as first.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014First time we tried Chophouse47 back in September when we moved to the Greenville area we could not wait to get back. But as I am sure you are aware due to prices it is not a place you visit often. We had a reason to celebrate so our first thought was Chophouse47. We looked forward to coming back so much but unfortunately it did not live up too our first visit. We could not tell people fast enough on how great our first visit was. The food was good this time but if we were served that meal the first time we may have not been so excited to come back again. However we will try again sometime in the future or may just come by for an app. and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a lover of cigar smoke....WtaleDined on 3/14/2014We had not been to Chophouse in a while because we had been going to dinner downtown for special occasions. From the moment I walked in the door, I wanted to turn around. Sitting in the bar to relax & have a cocktail was not an option because of the overpowering, nauseating smell of a cigar. Once seated at the furthest table from the bar, it took at least 30 mins to get the smell of it to go away. After paying $200 for a meal for two, I think Chophouse can afford to buy the best of the best air filtering system so ONE smoker does not ruin the eating experience of others. I will stick to city limits next time when I want a nice meal.
- $50 LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Although service was top of the line (we were there at 5:00 and there were only 2 other tables occupied), the food was entirely overpriced. The NY Strip and Cheese Potatoes were excellent, but the lobster was chewy and definitely not worth $50, I don't believe I will ever be back, even for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food was excellent as wasLarryBirdDined on 3/7/2014Food was excellent as was the service. Seemed like there were 200 people working that night. A little pricey, $190 after tip for my pleasure. Overall an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerchicaagoinchucktownDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I were visiting Greenville from Charleston for my birthday weekend. We had always heard about Chophouse 47, but have never had time to dine there since we tend to stay downtown...I am SO glad that we were able to during this visit. The food was just excellent and the service outstanding - probably one of the best experiences I've had since moving to South Carolina 5 years ago. We were dining with another couple, just catching up and celebrating, and never once felt rushed. We also brought 2 of our favorite bottles of wine - our server had absolutely no problem with that, our guy rocked!! Chophouse 47 is a perfect place to celebrate! Definitely try the filet Oscar - oh my goodness - you can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKimmyDined on 3/1/2014All around delicious seafood, steaks....,if you bring kids I'd bring them right at opening. Expensive, but worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Nice PlaceGibbDined on 2/22/2014The food overall overlall was very good and the service was excellent. We are from the Washington DC area and are not used to having people smoke in an area that attaches to the restaurant. The smell was not overwhelming but it was there and certainly took away from the overall enjoyment for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Lovely mealBarney350Dined on 2/21/2014I took my wife to the Chophouse47 for a very special dinner. (Was the first time for us at this restaurant).The staff was just excellent in how we were treated and how helpful our waiter was. But the food was Just Great, and I mean all of it. We are from NY and ate at some of the finest restaurants NYC has to offer. I would match the Chophouse47 with any of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTravelinBirdsDined on 2/20/2014Never disappointed by the service given at this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great dependable steakhouseRon44Dined on 2/17/2014This restaurant always comes through with steaks cooked to perfection & service to go along with it. Reminds me of an old fashioned Chicago or New York prototypeI would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very loud and hardOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014It was very loud and hard to hear my conversation with my wife. The steak was very good but don't expect the meal to be quiet. The building does not handle the noise well.Special Features:
- Delightful Dining ExperianceDavidDined on 2/15/2014We only eat at this here two or three times a year. It is saved for special occasions. Every time we come, the food, service and over all experience exceeds our expectations. This past visit was no exception. Because of this, we will continue to dine here. We especially like the romantic atmosphere. Other establishments of this type have similar quality food but lack the overall experience we look for when we have a night out with out kids!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for food tasteMrsSlick77Dined on 2/15/2014The food was ok at this establishment but I dud not feel it was worth the price. My husband ordered the 1/2 onion rings and 1/2 fries and the fries were nothing more than a half of potato cut into 4 wedges and baked. Also when we sat down and did not order wine to drink we were instantly treated different. We noticed people in the area next to us having their potato cut open and prepared but when they brought mine they just put it on the table and left (which is no big deal I can fix my own but it was the fact). We personally will not go back. We would much rather go to California Dreaming or Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- ConsistentJimcharbyDined on 2/14/2014Food and service very good,as usual...valentines was very busy, but slowed nothing down...fish(bass) was a stunnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The DBL ExperienceDiversifiedBiologicalsDined on 2/11/2014DBL decided to take our satellite staff out for dinner.The winter storm reduced us from a party of 6 to a party of 4. Our sever was "Justin" and he came through like a champ. We are a growing company based out of Miami and wanted to show our satellite employees our appreciation from time to time. Because of your incredible food & fantastic service, I'm sure you will be seeing us again in the future. "DBL"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time hereBellaBDined on 2/8/2014This was our first time here and my husband and me enjoyed it immensely. We were smart enough to split the huge stuff baked potato and next time we will split the salad. The fillet was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Now this is a steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/1/2014Pricey, yes, but worth every penny. The steaks are done "Pittsburgh" style - charred on the outside, nicely seasoned, and amazingly tender and juicy on the inside. Ala carte sides we shared were creamed spinach and a massive loaded baked potato (definitely split one unless you have an enormous appetite) which you prepare yourself (fixings arrive on the side, which was just fine with us). Complimentary bread was fresh and crispy. Did not, however, love the appetizer of Oysters Rockafeller - too heavy with the parmesan and bacon topping, so we had to "dig" to find the oysters and spinach. I was happy that I read the other reviews concerning smoke from the bar. We requested the back dining area via Open Table and had no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ... but rushedWandererVIPDined on 1/31/2014We have been to Chophouse 47 a number of times, the steaks are the best. This visit was on a Friday evening, a little later than than the main dinner rush ... while it was somewhat busy, things were quieting down. It took quite a while before anyone came to take our drink order, then another long wait before the wine bottle arrived. They took our food order as they poured the wine. We had almost no wait before the appetizers turned up, even before the bread, followed by an inappropriate rush to clear the plates and bring our entrees. The streaks and accompaniments were up to their usual high standard, so it was a great meal, but we left feeling rushed ... clearly the shortest time ever at Chophouse 47, despite the long initial wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected more.fridaynightfoodcriticsDined on 1/31/2014For the name to be Chop house, I expected my.steak to be a lot better. Frankly, I've had better steaks at Outback and for way less money. Its not going on my restaurant recommendation list.Special Features:
- Had no idea it was a smokingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Had no idea it was a smoking allowed restaurant. That will prevent us from going again.Special Features:
- Delicious foodLocaldiner1Dined on 1/25/2014Prepared to perfection, service was excellent. It is pricy and a la carte but worth it for special occasions. Baseball caps are forbidden in the main dining room but smoking is allowed in the bar. The smell of cigar and cigarette smoke occasionally wafts into the main dining area. Menu choices and wine list options are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food--Excellent ServiceBuyhartwelllakeDined on 1/17/2014Great Food--Excellent Service and atmosphere--will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the fat walletFuparentDined on 1/17/2014First visit to Chophouse 47 on the recommendation of locals. Dinner was very good. Very small but adequate menu. Steak was delicious, but for $49.00 one would have hoped for a few string beans, a potato or perhaps even a sprig of parsley. No. Another $8 for the potato or $7.50 for some spinach. Happy to cross this off the list. The filet at Longhorn was nearly as good, half the price and didn't come all alone on the plate. The menu was so expensive that my date was uncomfortable looking at the menu and was actually reluctant to order anything. I'm sure enough people don't care about the outrageous prices. We've been there now and enjoyed our meal, but don't imagine we will need to do that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentsmarksDined on 1/8/2014Excellent food and drink. Appetizers were delightful and steaks, a true masterpiece.Special Features:
- Superb foodKimmDined on 12/28/2013Chophouse 47 had superb crab and filet. Salad and dressing was very fresh and sauces homemade. Food was outstanding. Server very attentive and articulate. I gave it a 4 on service b/c they kept clearing our table before I was done. This happened 4x and interrupted our conversation and anniversary dinner. Ambience I gave 3 stars for 2 reasons: It was a little too bright in there; I think they've turned the lights up since previous visits. Suggest dimming them a bit more and put candles on the tables. ALSO it was ice cold in there. Very difficult to warm up and relax and enjoy. Noise level was good. We would return b/c of the food yet would dress warmer and speak up the first time the people started cleaning while we were eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful and tender steaks...Foodie1VIPDined on 12/28/2013In a comfortable setting. Attentive servers provide a pampered experience. The steaks are as good as can be found--I had the prime filet. Perfectly cooked, tender and flavorful. My wife had sea bass which resembled a filet in size. She found it as good as any she has had--perfect seafood in a steakhouse. Of course, it can be expensive but we found the food and service well worth it. The one significant negative--smoking is still allowed in the bar. Unfortunately there is no barrier to the dining area and the closer one is to the bar the more unpleasant the smoke! We would return more frequently if not for the smoking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Chophouse 47RichardDined on 12/27/2013Upon arriving we were greeted courteously and taken to a table that we had requested away from the bar in the far back dining area (recommended if you don't want to smell cigar smoke as it is very pungent in the middle dining area closest to the bar). The servers were knowledgeable, courteous and attentive. The dry martini I had was excellent. We shared an appetizer of Oysters Rockefeller that was a bit disappointing, as they didn't taste the freshest. We both had salads that were fresh and tasty. We both had the petite Filet mignon that was ample, cooked to perfection and delicious. The side dishes of asparagus and steak fries were good, but the onion rings were bland and tasteless. Overall a good, though pricey, experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.