7 North Market Street
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zumatexmexgrill.com/
- Phone: 6173679114
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Ssaturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for our 20th anniversary. We will have a special menu with 1989 prices for the entire month of November. Margaritas for $3.99, Chicken Fajita for $7.99 and many others great deals.
A word from Zuma Tex-Mex
Zuma Tex-Mex is a Quincy Market favorite. Zuma's satisfies its clientele with Mexican-American comfort favorites. Enjoy fruity margaritas, sizzling fajita platters, overstuffed burritos and heaping plates of nachos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zuma Tex-Mex reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)Show More
- I am from Texas and sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2010I am from Texas and since moving to Mass. I have had a hard time finding good Tex Mex and/or Mexican food. This place reminded me of the great restaurants, atmosphere, and food of Texas. Although nothing is like actually being there, this was the closest I have found. Thanks!Special Features:
- I've been a huge fan of ZumaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2010I've been a huge fan of Zuma for years now. On a recent visit (10/20/2010) I had a slightly different experience. The place was empty at 7:30 (granted, it was a Wednesday), so we had no trouble grabbing a nice little booth section. The service was terrific, we were very well taken care of. The only problem was the food. It just wasn't up to snuff. My dish (the Beef Gordo) was good, not great. My girlfriend ordered the Enchilladas Rojo, and could only eat about three bites. I tried a bite or two, to make sure it wasn't her being finicky about spice or particular flavors. The meat was rather bland, and the whole dish was overpowered by some horrible flavor coming from the tortilla.Special Features:
- What a GREAT LITTLE PLACE.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/17/2010What a GREAT LITTLE PLACE. This was our first time eating here and FOR SURE, WE WILL BE BACK. From the service (which was GREAT), to the chips and salsa that are complementary (FRESH salsa and GREAT) to our lunches (Enchiladas Rojo, shreaded beef with rice and beans, Juarez Burrito, big pieces of chicken, tons of cheese with a spicey chili sauce also served with rice and beens, Zuma Burrito everything you ever wanted in a burrito plus french fries INSIDE) OUTSTANDING from start to finish. Thought I would be turned off when I saw it was downstairs in a building...never even entered my mind once I entered. THIS WAS A GREAT LUNCH...GREAT SERVICE, LARGE PORTIONS OF GREAT FOOD and VERY WELL PRICED!!! WE WILL BE BACK, THANKSSpecial Features:
- The food was pretty unremarkable:OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2010The food was pretty unremarkable: pretty bland for Mexican. I came to meet a bunch a friends and it was fine for that. Good beers on tap.
- Service was terrific - waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2010Service was terrific - waitress friendly and attentive, even though you could tell she was very busy. Homemade natcho chips were fantastic - we ate so many we couldn't eat our dinner. Kids menu was terrific - good choices and outstanding price! Only downside - fish burritos arrived at the table barely warm (yuck) - sent back - returned steaming hot. Also, was not a big fan of the guac. dip (which normally I love) - maybe too much lemon?? Last but not least - yummy margarita! Overall great experience and would absolutely go back!Special Features:
- The look and feel of ZumaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2010The look and feel of Zuma is like any Tex-Mex restaurants: dark woods, sombrero colors. The afterwork crowd makes for a busy bar, drawn to free chips and peppery salsa, as well as a $4 house margarita. The portions are hefty and fairly priced. Keep this in kind if you entertain the quite filling and probably fried appetizer menu, which is half off during their designated happy hours. Service can slack at peak times, and you're always bound to find tourists waiting for tables at this Fanueil favorite. It's not bad for Americanized Mexican dishes; it's just not great.Special Features:
- We did not care for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2010We did not care for the food and will not be returning. the black beans were extremely salty ruining two meals. The shredded beef had an artificial smoky flavor.
- We came in for lunch - itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2010We came in for lunch - it was a great meal for a great price. The food tasted fresh and flavorful. It was great to munch on chips and salsa before our meals came out.Special Features:
- We went here for lunch toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2010We went here for lunch to celebrate a colleague's birthday. The lunch menu is a fantastic bargain, and the lunch margaritas (huge drinks) were a steal. If you're looking for fine dining and fancy ambience, this isn't it. It has your typical Mexican-flavored decor, chips and salsa for the table, etc. Considering the number of overpriced restaurants in and around Fanueil Hall, this is a great deal. I would go here over any of the Quincy Market foodstands any day! Also, our server was fantastic, especially since the four of us arrived at different times. He was attentive without hovering, and he even brought my colleague a free dessert since we'd mentioned we were out for her birthday. We are already planning our next visit!Special Features:
- Food was very very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2010Food was very very good and HUGE portions. Waiter was very nice and helpful!!Special Features:
- The only problem we encounteredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010The only problem we encountered was the parking. They can only validate certain parking lot and I think it should have been indicated on their site (unfortunately it is still under construction). But the food was ok and one piece of advise if you are uncertain about something on your food, please ask otherwise you will burn your mouth.Special Features:
- Let's just agree that BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2010Let's just agree that Boston is not a great Mexican food city. Zuma is no exception to that rule. The food is passable, but certainly nothing extrodinary. My fajita steak tacos were decent. A friend's steak fajitas were dry, overcooked and lacked flavor. Another at our table had a chicken burrito the size of his head...again, nothing to write home about. On the cocktail front, the margaritas were just OK. A few had the $14 Patron margarita, and I'd rate it a waste of money. Others shared a pitcher of the gold margarita. Again, expensive for the quantity and quality. If you're craving Mexican food, Zuma will fill your belly, just don't go looking for anything great.Special Features:
- Server was so patient withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2010Server was so patient with us. We arrived at different times, service was seamless.Special Features:
- 1/2 price appetizers equalsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/5/20101/2 price appetizers equals A LOT of really good food for an excellent price! I didn't know about this place until recently but I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- We had a good dining experience.BostonEaterDined on 1/23/2010We had a good dining experience. Fresh salsa was good and I had the tequila chicken which was a good meal and very reasonably priced ($9.99). We ordered a pitcher of sangria that had tons of ice - - would have preferred a smaller pitcher with less ice so it didn't get watery towards the end. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Margaritas seemed a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2010Margaritas seemed a little pricey, but the food was great and inexpensive, so it all evened out in the end. We had a large group and service was great. Felt very comfortable and didn't feel rushed at all. Pros - tequila samples before we even sat down and huge portions of great food. Cons - the pork chili appetizer is really more of a dip than chilli and the Melon margarita tasted like Windex. The other flavors (and we sampled almost all of them) were good.Special Features:
- Just went for tapas and drinks,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/10/2009Just went for tapas and drinks, but sangria was delicious, and service was great!Special Features:
- Best Mexican Food I have everOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2009Best Mexican Food I have ever had! Great prices. You get a lot of food for the price :)Special Features:
- Our server was great, friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2009Our server was great, friendly, & patient, your unusual traits for a person from Boston. I'm a NY'er Boston overall restaurant waiter(ess) are rude overall. Everything is made FRESH, so it takes a lil longer to get your food, but well worth it, not greasy, not salty Margaritas are made fresh with fresh ingrediants.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2009The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. But let's be honest - the best thing about Zuma is the pitchers of margaritas. They manage to make them both appropriately strong and not expensive. I'd go back just for that!Special Features:
- The tacos were only okay,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/14/2009The tacos were only okay, but based on past experiences I can say that they do have lots of good options on the menu.
- Great place in Fanieul Hall.SomeGuyDined on 4/24/2009Great place in Fanieul Hall. Great place for a casual office lunch or if you are a tourist in the area looking for a reasonable meal. Food is pretty good. Portions are the right size and the staff is friendly. They do a great job.Special Features:
- Waiter was very nice. HostOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/20/2009Waiter was very nice. Host didn't seem like he was happy. Food portion was great. Food was good. I would come back to hang out with friends for a bite & a drink. Nice casual place in good location.Special Features:
- only complaint was the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2009only complaint was the restaurant was too warm, not enough ventillation.Special Features:
- Great Mexican/Tex-Mex food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2009Great Mexican/Tex-Mex food. Great/fast service. Cozy/nice ambiance for post-marathon celebration.Special Features:
- Good experience followingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2009Good experience following the Boston Marathon. Food was good, atmosphere celebratory. Service a bit slow/sporadic likely due to the volume of patrons. Should staff up for these busy nights.Special Features:
- Zumas was one of the few placesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Zumas was one of the few places that was able to accomodate a group of our size on such a busy day, Sat, V-day! Very awesome for that alone! Food is great, fun place to dine!Special Features:
- The food and drinks were actuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009The food and drinks were actually pretty good. The service....marginal. Our waitress spent more time socializing at the bar than tending to her customers. At best she stopped by every 15 minutes or so to see how things were going. I would however go back as it seemed that the wait-staff in general was hustling all night long.Special Features:
- Great food and the pitchersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009Great food and the pitchers of margaritas were amazing!!Special Features:
- One of the only Mexican restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2009One of the only Mexican restaurants in the downtown Boston area, the food and service are consistently good. They are also helpful with gluten sensitivity.Special Features:
- Delicious margaritas and homemadeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2009Delicious margaritas and homemade chips and salsa, food was fantastic, fun atmosphere.
- The chips and salsa were deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/2008The chips and salsa were delicious while we waited for our food. The meal itself was delicious, as was the pitcher of beverage we ordered. My friends and I will return! Thanks!
- Overall, the service was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2008Overall, the service was extremely slow. I had a business lunch and from start to finish it was 90 minutes. We did not order apps or desserts. The waiter just had too many tables to serve at once. It took 20 minutes just to get the check and another 10 to pay it. Food was good and the server was very nice.Special Features:
- I had enchiladas and my husbandGinaSFDined on 10/31/2008I had enchiladas and my husband got the burrito. Unfortunately, it is not authentic Tex-Mex. Not bad for what I was expecting from a place in Boston, but definitely not what I'm used to eating back in Texas. If you are not spoiled by eating real Tex-Mex from Texas, then you will probably not know what you're missing. It did hit the spot for a craving, since there are very few options for Mexican food in the downtown/Faneuil Hall area. Prices are not too bad considering it is in a touristy area and seem more reasonable than other restaurants in Faneuil Hall. I would go back next time I have a real craving for Mexican food, but not just for a typical/casual night of dining out.
- When we first arrived we wereLisamc99Dined on 10/10/2008When we first arrived we were one of only about 3 tables that were filled but by the time we left, the place was packed and our waiter forgot about us at that point.Special Features:
- Food was great, service amongMetroWesternerVIPDined on 8/8/2008Food was great, service among the best I've had recently (and I eat out about 6 - 8 times a week), and we were in and out in under 45 minutes. That's phenomenal for a sit-down restaurant at lunchtime in Quincy Market.Special Features: